Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

When the roles are reversed - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When the roles are reversed (12372 Views)

In An Alternate Universe: If Gender Roles Were Reversed ... / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfrnd? / What Are The Roles Of A Boyfriend In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Erm, this section sha, I need to stay away, I go just dey read...

Like this side of Ihe sha.

Hi uju
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^ Side kwa? grin grin I'm a human being na. Na wa to you o! grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Joshthefirst(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^ Side kwa? grin grin I'm a human being na. Na wa to you o! grin
grin grin grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Because they can
Re: When the roles are reversed by Ishilove: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well, if he's wimpy around a woman, he's going to leech on her (I think I should have called him Leech instead). Leeches aren't nice, they're emotional vampires.
Lol. Emotional vampire. I don learn new one grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Ishilove: 12:02am On Oct 24, 2013
Whew!! This love issue sef. The tin taya manpikin undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove: Whew!! This love issue sef. The tin taya manpikin undecided

It's simple ordinarily. Love is just one person going out of their way to make another person's life better. The complications start when people try to merit it or put a price tag on it.
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Did I say anything about a girl? They build their world around themselves alone. They don't give a shitt about anybody else. They're all about protecting themselves from the risks of love.

The ones I screwed and dumped ke? Like who and who? My ex? I was bent on marrying her and we made a mistake that became a habit. The other girl? What a laugh. A slut is a slut is a slut will always be a slut. Unless some miracle has happened. smiley

Abeg talk wetin you know. I wasn't promiscuous. And if I marry a non-virgin, na God!

hasty generalization sir, ain't the way to play. Its a canker worm biting into the cloth of everybody, but i trust you to know better. All girls ain't the same just as all boys ain't the same.

Like who and who? Ask me one more time undecided
Ex...bent on marrying her...made a mistake...and she was off the hook. Why do i have a feeling this is just another cliche story, dude, this ain't the first time things like that occur. And at the end, she's gonna be another 'used' to another hypocritical man that thinks like you...

A non-virgin you say? Does that mean you are also of the school that are looking forward to settling with a 'virgin'?

#NaMethuselarThingBethat undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2013
princesa:

hasty generalization sir, ain't the way to play. Its a canker worm biting into the cloth of everybody, but i trust you to know better. All girls ain't the same just as all boys ain't the same.

Like who and who? Ask me one more time undecided
Ex...bent on marrying her...made a mistake...and she was off the hook. Why do i have a feeling this is just another cliche story, dude, this ain't the first time things like that occur. And at the end, she's gonna be another 'used' to another hypocritical man that thinks like you...

A non-virgin you say? Does that mean you are also of the school that are looking forward to settling with a 'virgin'?

#NaMethuselarThingBethat undecided

All girls ain't the same? You coulda fooled me. Thought the argument was that all girls found my kind best used as a retirement plan. grin

I don't much care what feelings you get, girl. What she is to another man is what she chose to be. As for me, my future with her was pretty much sealed once we went to bed. Can't help it if she didn't think the same way. How's that make me hypocritical?

Hell yeah!!! cheesy cheesy As much as all them -woods have got everyone believing that there are no virgins anymore, I've met me a few and am encouraged to believe I can settle down with one. All dem babes wey de form badosky na me do dem? If I have led a decent life, why should I settle for less from my partner? If I compromise on virginity I won't compromise on respectability. I'd sooner have a girl who screwed up once with the one guy than a retired badoo general. Abeg, na me spoil una?

#NaEstherThingBeDat
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2013
So in essence you're saying you're a chaste-unpromiscious-stick-with-one-girl kind of guy?

Oh well, guess i should give you a benefit of the doubt tongue

and yeah you're right, virgins, though an extinct specie, still exists undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2013
...and yeah, i still stand on the argument that all girls are not the same.

Even your argument suggests so. They can't be 'badoo' as you succinctly put, and the 'few virgins' who you are hoping to marry. And yet you still lump them into one genre. What then is the connection between them that makes them similar?

Point is. All girls are definitely not the same. cool

1 Like

Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2013
princesa: So in essence you're saying you're a chaste-unpromiscious-stick-with-one-girl kind of guy?

and yeah you're right, virgins, though an extinct specie, still exists undecided

Know that movie Hitched starred Will Smith and a Hispanic hottie, Mendez, I think it was? You remember why he built a career on helping "dorks" hook up? Well, that's why I'm here. I wasn't saying that I'm a chaste, unpromiscuous-whatever-whatever, not essentially. I was saying that that is what I value and respect. I'm as much a dog as the next guy. Took a lot of willpower to keep my horses tied up. It was costly and I know that there are lots of guys who because they respect chastity allow themselves to become unattractive and boring even. But because they respect commitment and chastity, they give their best once they fall in love. And some of you daughters of Eve think it's sexy to diss them? Lord God in Heaven! Then you come back to call me hypocritical because I say I value chastity and commitment? Dohohohohohohohohohoho. And that's the very reason my kind is so marriageable for you girls too, isn't it? grin

If I have anything to say about it, no good guy will ever be available for shallow airheads who think of them as a retirement plan. I watched enough pretty girls turn into trash in high school not to give a care how hot any girl is until she opens her mouth. And the fact that I perceive some appreciation of her past bad choices is not going to make me want to make up for all of them. Seriously! Who the hell told you girls that love is boring and "unspontaneous"? I haven't met a single guy who doesn't try to break records and even change his nature because he fell in love.
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2013
princesa: ...and yeah, i still stand on the argument that all girls are not the same.

Even your argument suggests so. They can't be 'badoo' as you succinctly put, and the 'few virgins' who you are hoping to marry. And yet you still lump them into one genre. What then is the connection between them that makes them similar?

Point is. All girls are definitely not the same. cool

Don't get it twisted, honey. I have never held or even implied that all girls are the same. You know why you raised that point, I don't. I'm the one who said I don't do used. I'd be crazy to say that if I didn't think there is better out there.

Girls, like boys, are basically the same. The differences come in with personal choices. One girl decides that a man is a toy to play with, another decides that a man is what she needs to attain her highest and fullest potential. Both use the same female qualities to pursue those choices. And end up with results as different as the choices they make.

So, no, I have not lumped and am not lumping them together in one genre. I believe that there are real women who deserve everything a real man has to offer and I know that there are little girls who shouldn't be allowed to get close to anything male because just like a baby would drool all over a thousand-dollar bill and tear it up, the little girl will ruin the man...

...and herself as well. smiley Nothing, absolutely nothing, comes cheap! wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Oh, and, er, if all girls aren't the same, then there are girls who don't even want bad boys or this weird thing y'all call "adventure" in the first place before settling down with a nice guy. cheesy
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2013
aManFromMars: Erm, this section sha, I need to stay away, I go just dey read...

Like this side of Ihe sha.

Hi uju
You need to stay away...i'm considering it too.
If you're following Ihedinobi, pls unfollow him. He'll always bring you back to all his mushy talk....considering doing just that.
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2013
princesa:
you don't do used? That's the most hypocritical statement I've ever heard. When girls are not the one bleeping themselves, jeez!

plus stop blowing ur trumpet, let girls like us determine if you're a nice, hot or adventurous dude...enough of you you you already! undecided
Sometimes.......just sometimes I love you and agree with you.
This is one such time.
We should get married and get a house by the ocean.
You'll write me poems and stories, and i'll rub your feet and teach you to sail a ship.
Just the two of us grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:
If you're following Ihedinobi, pls unfollow him. He'll always bring you back to all his mushy talk....considering doing just that.

C'mon, don't be like that. It's just a phase. It'll blow over and then you'll miss me. sad

What's mushy about my talk anyway? undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:
This is one such time.
You'll write me poems and stories, and i'll rub your feet and teach you to sail a ship.
Just the two of us grin

I'm gonna run for senate. You'll dump me for a girl? I don't believe it. If a nice guy is too tame, how is a girl any better? And why do you agree with her joo? Should one guy pay for all the ruin a girl subjected herself to from other guys? Gaddem! And my claims are on a take-it-or-leave-it basis. Nobody is required to accept them or believe them. undecided
Re: When the roles are reversed by Ishilove: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2013
princesa: So in essence you're saying you're a chaste-unpromiscious-stick-with-one-girl kind of guy?

Oxymoron grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by Ishilove: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:

He is hopelessly romantic grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Know that movie Hitched starred Will Smith and a Hispanic hottie, Mendez, I think it was? You remember why he built a career on helping "dorks" hook up? Well, that's why I'm here. I wasn't saying that I'm a chaste, unpromiscuous-whatever-whatever, not essentially. I was saying that that is what I value and respect. I'm as much a dog as the next guy. Took a lot of willpower to keep my horses tied up. It was costly and I know that there are lots of guys who because they respect chastity allow themselves to become unattractive and boring even. But because they respect commitment and chastity, they give their best once they fall in love. And some of you daughters of Eve think it's sexy to diss them? Lord God in Heaven! Then you come back to call me hypocritical because I say I value chastity and commitment? Dohohohohohohohohohoho. And that's the very reason my kind is so marriageable for you girls too, isn't it? grin

If I have anything to say about it, no good guy will ever be available for shallow airheads who think of them as a retirement plan. I watched enough pretty girls turn into trash in high school not to give a care how hot any girl is until she opens her mouth. And the fact that I perceive some appreciation of her past bad choices is not going to make me want to make up for all of them. Seriously! Who the hell told you girls that love is boring and "unspontaneous"? I haven't met a single guy who doesn't try to break records and even change his nature because he fell in love.

kudos on playing hitch on nl, buh am sure not gonna be needing your service. I can source my own man cool

you deserve an award for reining in your devils, i appreciate men like that smiley

yeah, sorry but Eves are gonna be in this world, just like hookers, players and lovers are. It makes the world balanced.

Your kind marriagable? There you go again blaring ur trumpets, do you have the certificate of Mr right already? Or is it written on your head, please spare me undecided

who the hell told you we see love as boring and not spontaneous? A little extra doesn't mean we black listed every guy.

And i don't think you've met all the guys in the world yet. So speak for urself. cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by MrsChima(f): 10:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Danhumprey: That moment when you have been admiring a gal for sometime,but for some reasons you didn't had the courage to approach her and express your feelings toward her. But gradually,you start building up courage to approach her,to express your feeling to her. And after telling her,expressing your heart toward her(which obviously took you alot of time,sacrifice),only for her to drop the bombshell within the split of a second.

Real men don't cry,but though I'm bleeding inwardly,I have learnt not to do anything silly. I just move on.

Just wondering why gals could be heartless like this. embarassed

Awww....you are in love sha? Enjoy it while it lasts. lipsrsealed
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I'm gonna run for senate. You'll dump me for a girl? I don't believe it. If a nice guy is too tame, how is a girl any better? And why do you agree with her joo? Should one guy pay for all the ruin a girl subjected herself to from other guys? Gaddem! And my claims are on a take-it-or-leave-it basis. Nobody is required to accept them or believe them. undecided
Yes i'll dump you for a girl.

What tha heck does that statement mean?
You don't know what she was when you meet her. Hell then you like her enough to build your dreams around her. Then one day, she opens up to you about her past, and what do you do? You just flip the switch? Because she no longer fits into your unsoiled-by-another-man's plan? That's probably the most arrogant thing i've heard you say undecided

Where does loving her enough that atleast her past isn't an issue fall in?

It's cool to know what you want, but this, this chaste thingy could get you in a lot of trouble. People lie you know undecided
Hope God gives you that miracle
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:
This is one such time.
Just the two of us grin
It will be my pleasure smiley
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Ima whatsup babe.
The guy tire me. He's lucky he has a good head or i for don divorce am tey tey tongue
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Don't get it twisted, honey. I have never held or even implied that all girls are the same. You know why you raised that point, I don't. I'm the one who said I don't do used. I'd be crazy to say that if I didn't think there is better out there.

Girls, like boys, are basically the same. The differences come in with personal choices. One girl decides that a man is a toy to play with, another decides that a man is what she needs to attain her highest and fullest potential. Both use the same female qualities to pursue those choices. And end up with results as different as the choices they make.

So, no, I have not lumped and am not lumping them together in one genre. I believe that there are real women who deserve everything a real man has to offer and I know that there are little girls who shouldn't be allowed to get close to anything male because just like a baby would drool all over a thousand-dollar bill and tear it up, the little girl will ruin the man...

...and herself as well. smiley Nothing, absolutely nothing, comes cheap! wink
we are even on that then cool
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Odi kwa serious.... grin grin grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Oh, and, er, if all girls aren't the same, then there are girls who don't even want bad boys or this weird thing y'all call "adventure" in the first place before settling down with a nice guy. cheesy

yeah they exist...but way down in their marriages.

They wish that they had...wink
Re: When the roles are reversed by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:

Na ABAtic... Love made in ABA...
grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Ihedinobi:

C'mon, don't be like that. It's just a phase. It'll blow over and then you'll miss me. sad

What's mushy about my talk anyway? undecided
It's taking too long to blow over sad
Re: When the roles are reversed by UjSizzle(f): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2013
aManFromMars:

Na ABAtic... Love made in ABA...
grin
grin
Re: When the roles are reversed by princesa(f): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Whew!! This love issue sef. The tin taya manpikin undecided
The thing tire me sef...
I no even know who send mesad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

CRAZY NIGHT: This Is Why Women Love Me. If You're A Man, See This [PIC] / Curvaceous Lady With Hot Bum Bum Sets Social Media On Fire With Seductive Photos / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.