Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here (9630 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Even though I have treated the questions before, I didn't tell you the bold.
see how he contradicts himself.. Pls kindly defend your catholic doctrines.. Every other thing is not welcomed
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
Luke 23:9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. 11 Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him...

Let me do like the Master did before his accusers.

4 Likes

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Syncan(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Luke 23:9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. 11 Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him...

Guy I'm un following this thread immediately, it reeks of insincerity.

2 Likes

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2013
italo: Luke 23:9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. 11 Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him...

doing like the master isnt it? Come to think of it. U dint do like the master here
https://www.nairaland.com/1503616/please-there-anything-like-purgatory

u dint do like the master here
http://www.nairaland.com /1506699/jman05-please- defend-jehovahs-witnesses
yet you come here to say u ''want to do like the master'' .u havent answered my questions. And to me i call that cowardice. Doing like the master isnt it? Until i catch u arguing in another thread. U just decieving your self bro. I still await your answers
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 8:31am On Nov 18, 2013
^^^

lipsrsealed
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: doing like the master isnt it? Come to think of it. U dint do like the master here
https://www.nairaland.com/1503616/please-there-anything-like-purgatory

u dint do like the master here
http://www.nairaland.com /1506699/jman05-please- defend-jehovahs-witnesses
yet you come here to say u ''want to do like the master'' .u havent answered my questions. And to me i call that cowardice. Doing like the master isnt it? Until i catch u arguing in another thread. U just decieving your self bro. I still await your answers
lolz

you jst remind me of what happend in the book of Luke 4:3-4

you knw very well that italo can answer those questions...
I tink u have some other motive..

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 8:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2013
woky: Ijeoma!
is reading a problem to u again. I said nobody should quote me.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2013
^^^

Oya beat am na...

Jet Li.

2 Likes

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2013
italo: ^^^

lipsrsealed
speechless isnt it?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2013
woky: lolz

what happened in the book of luke 4:3-4. Besides.. U also have the opportunity to answer my questions. Na italo una dey depend on? He hasnt been able to defend y'all why not say somthing for ur self? Heaven na personal race oh.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 10:28am On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: what happened in the book of luke 4:3-4. Besides.. U also have the opportunity to answer my questions. Na italo una dey depend on? He hasnt been able to defend y'all why not say somthing for ur self? Heaven na personal race oh.
clown!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2013
woky: clown!
amazing. Wish someone could clarify me on those questions rather than drifting away from them. Uh!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2013
woky: lolz

you knw very well that italo can answer those questions...
I tink u have some other motive..
my catholic friends always run away from the truth. You know something about the truth.? No one likes the truth but the truth cares less. Woky. The mantle is also on you. U could make an attempt since italo has failed to. Thanks
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: amazing. Wish someone could clarify me on those questions rather than drifting away from them. Uh!

Una dey look for fight... Catholic doctrines are everywhere on the internet..type catholic doctrine on google and read and decipher yourself mamavister abi wetin dem call u...

If I ask you your churches's teaching on birth control, can you answer on your own or source for it on the net or you'd ask me to wait so that you go ask your GO. Abeg make una go sleep

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Since they are afraid to talk. It means they have nothing to say. (prooven fact).. Let me enlighten these cat-holics a bit.

Question #1 did Jesus forbid repetitive prayer using Rosary Beads?
Answer: Matthew 6:7 NO
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. Matthew 6:7
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

Una dey look for fight... Catholic doctrines are everywhere on the internet..type catholic doctrine on google and read and decipher yourself mamavister abi wetin dem call u...

If I ask you your churches's teaching on birth control, can you answer on your own or source for it on the net or you'd ask me to wait so that you go ask your GO. Abeg make una go sleep
we are not fighting. Dont get so upset because you cant answer those questions. Please cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Since they are afraid to talk. It means they have nothing to say. (prooven fact).. Let me enlighten these cat-holics a bit.

Question #1 did Jesus forbid repetitive prayer using Rosary Beads?
Answer: Matthew 6:7 NO
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. Matthew 6:7

How many times have you told the same person "I love you" mamavister?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2013
All Christians are saints

The Pope says only very special dead Catholic people qualify to be called "saints". For example, Pope John Paul II could not make Mother Teresa a saint (official canonization) until after she was dead. The average Catholic in the pew is never called a "saint" dead or alive! In fact if a pew dwelling Catholic started calling himself a "saint", he would be rebuked by the parish priest!
Question #1:Was every living Christian in the church in Corinth called a saint?
Answer: 1 Corinthians 1:2 YES
"To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus,saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours" 1 Corinthians 1:2
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

How many times have you told the same person "I love you" mamavister?
wish i could decipher what you are saying. Anyway, if u could use this time to answer the threads' questions , it would be more proficient for all of us. Dont u fink so?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Worshipping idols, icons and images violates the 2nd commandment.

Catholics regularly bow down to idols, icons and images of Jesus, Mary and the apostles, kissing the feet of the statues and praying to them.
Historical note:The Pope deleted the 2nd of the 10 commandments so they could use statues & images in worship. They split the 10th commandment on coveting into two commandments so they could still have 10 in number. Don't believe this? Look at the list of 10 commandments published by the Roman Catholic church! The issue here is not how the Ten Commandments are numbered, rather the issue is that most published lists of the 10 commandments do not include the words, "you shall not for yourself an idol". Open your Catholic Bible and look for yourself!
Question #1 does the 2nd commandment approve of bowing down and kissing idols?
Answer: Exodus 20:4 NOo
"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them." Exodus 20:4-5
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Worshipping idols, icons and images violates the 2nd commandment.

Catholics regularly bow down to idols, icons and images of Jesus, Mary and the apostles, kissing the feet of the statues and praying to them.
Historical note:The Pope deleted the 2nd of the 10 commandments so they could use statues & images in worship. They split the 10th commandment on coveting into two commandments so they could still have 10 in number. Don't believe this? Look at the list of 10 commandments published by the Roman Catholic church! The issue here is not how the Ten Commandments are numbered, rather the issue is that most published lists of the 10 commandments do not include the words, "you shall not for yourself an idol". Open your Catholic Bible and look for yourself!
Question #1 does the 2nd commandment approve of bowing down and kissing idols?
Answer: Exodus 20:4 NOo
"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them." Exodus 20:4-5
@italo , syncan, try69, woky etc can u please dispute this?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2013
They are all keeping mute? Funny.. Am laughing. You know. Even scientist have laws governing their beliefs . They also have proofs. For instance.. A scientist would tell you that acid is dangerous.. If u believe him. U put ur hands inside it..it burns you. Also a scientist would tell u. If u dont have oxygen, u will die of suffocation. And it goes on and on.. These scientists most attimes are not even christians.. But they have full backing to substantiate that what they are saying is the whole truth.. But catholics, follow dogmas blindly without any proof. #spits# let me insight the more.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:17am On Nov 18, 2013
Baptism is full immersion in water, not sprinkling.

The Catholic church baptizes babies by sprinkling a little water on them.
Historical note:Greek work for baptism literally means immersion. There are separate words in Greek for sprinkling, pouring and immersion. Only the Greek word for immersion is ever used for Baptism in the Bible. The first recorded case of sprinkling was in 257 AD to someone on a sick-bed. It was then an exception to the rule and brought about fierce opposition from the whole church. Not until 757 AD did the church accept sprinkling in such sick-bed cases of necessity. It wasn't until 1311 AD, when the Catholic council of Ravenna, declared that sprinkling was and acceptable substitute for immersion and from that time forward sprinkling replaced immersion in the Roman Catholic church. The Orthodox church refused sprinkling and still immerses to this day.
Question #1:Was Jesus baptized by full immersion in the Jordan River?
Answer: Matthew 3:16oYES
"After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him" Matthew 3:16
Question #2:When Philip baptized the Eunuch, did both of them go into the water?
Answer: Acts 8:38-39oYES
"And he ordered the chariot to stop; andthey both went down into the water,Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him.When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away." Acts 8:38-39
Question #3:Can babies be baptized since they do not first believe?
Answer: Mark 16:16; Acts 8:36-37 NOo
"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. Mark 16:16
"As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water!What prevents me from being baptized?" And Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." Acts 8:36-37
Question #4:Can babies be baptized since they do not first repent?
Answer: Acts 2:38 NOo
"Brethren, what must we do?" Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:37-38
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Catholics are always unwilling to defend their faith

When Roman Catholics are challenged from the Bible to defend their faith, they are unwilling or unable to defend what they believe and say the priest has the answer and never search the truth out for themselves. Priests and Bishops never get permission to have open public Bible discussions with honest Bible students like ourselves. Imagine a local parish priest publicly defending infant baptism against a Christian who taught the practice contradicted the Bible! It never happens! Forget what the Bible says, just trust the priest!
Question #1:Should a Christian be unable to defend what they believe from the Bible without the help of priests?
Answer:1 Peter 3:15 NOo
"sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence" 1 Peter 3:15..

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2013
The spirit is moving
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: wish i could decipher what you are saying. Anyway, if u could use this time to answer the threads' questions , it would be more proficient for all of us. Dont u fink so?

Can't even decipher simple put english and you want me to answer you

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2013
Woky u arent saying anything? Am i lying? cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

Can't even decipher simple put english and you want me to answer you
u can speak pidgin to me please. Hahhaha dont just walk away from d questions nah
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2013
Any catholic there? Pls dnt hide
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2013
@mamavister tell me what you decipher from the words below, so I can know if to reason with you

"Birth Control – the words are not very proper because those who believe in it actually believe neither in birth or control” - Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen.

Oya FACULTY101 test cheesy

Answer pls..
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2013
How the Catholic church views the Bible
Below are the kinds of replies you can expect from a Roman Catholic priest if you ask him about the contents of this Bible study.
1.Yes I know Matthew 23:9, seems to condemn calling me "Father", but you are not able to understand the Bible like I do.
2.Yes I know is appears like Jesus condemned the repetitive prayer of the Rosary beads in Matthew 6:7, but Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD and revealed to him the Rosary Beads herself!
3.Yes Matthew 13:55-56 seems to indicate that Jesus had brothers and sisters, but these were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage or just cousins.
4.Yes, I agree that 1 Timothy 2:5 sounds like Jesus is the only mediator between god and man, but the Pope decided she was indeed also a mediator between God and man
*.Yes Christ and Paul did command every Christian to drink of the communion cup in Matthew 26:26-28; 1 Corinthians 11:23-28. And Yes I know that two early popes condemned withholding the cup, (Pope Leo I [died 461 AD] and Pope Gelasius [died 496 Ad]; but in the 12th century the practice was begun, and formally approved by the Catholic Council of Constance in 1415 AD.
*.Was every living Christian in the church in Corinth called a saint?
*.Yes I know that in the Bible (1 Corinthians 1:2; Ephesians 1:1; Philippians 1:1; Romans 1:7) every Christian was a saint and every saint was a Christian. Yes I agree, the Bible uses the word saint as interchangeably synonymous with being a Christian, but the Roman Catholic church has the power to change the Bible.
*.Yes I know that in the apostolic church (1 Peter 2:5,9; Revelation 1:6; 5:10), every Christian was a priest and the two terms are used interchangeably synonymous with being a Christian, but the Roman Catholic church decided that only leaders should be called priests.
*.Yes I know that the Bible appears to teach that 1 Timothy 3:2-5 bishops must be married with believing children, but you can't even understand the Bible anyway, why do you ask? Just trust me because only Catholic priests can understand the Bible.
*.Yes I have read 1 Timothy 4:1-3, and is seems to condemn forbidding the marriage of Catholic priests, but the Pope decided that unmarried men are more holy than married men.
*.Yes I know that Mark 1:30; 1 Corinthians 9:5 say that Peter had a wife 23 years after Christ died on the cross (53 AD), but Pope Gregory VII decided in 1079 AD from that time onward, that church leaders cannot marry.
*.Yes I know that sitting through a Latin Mass service can be very boring for many Catholics in the pews. And yes I know that 1 Corinthians 14:19 condemns conducting a church service in a language the average member does not understand, but the Pope decided that Latin sounds real holy and has both historical and mystical qualities.
*.Yes I know the early church did not begin to celebrate Christmas until the 4th century. And yes I know that Galatians 4:10-11 condemns the keeping of such holy days not found in the Bible, but the church at Rome needed a way to convert the pagan worshippers of Mithra, the god of light... and it worked!
*.Yes I know that Acts 20:7 commands Christians to have weekly communion services and that the early church did not celebrate Easter as is done today, but having a yearly communion service was something later church leaders wanted to add to worship.
*.Yes I know that the Roman Catholic church deleted the 2nd commandment (Exodus 20:4) in order to hid from the masses God's condemnation of bowing down and kissing images of Mary and Peter, but Mary revealed herself to us in a vision.
*.Yes I know that Jesus was baptized by full immersion in the Jordan River (Matthew 3:16), and that sprinkling was not officially approved until 1311 AD, but it sure is more convenient.
*.Yes I know that babies have no faith and cannot repent, and are therefor not really valid candidates for baptism (Mark 16:16; Acts 8:36-37; Acts 2:38). But the Pope invented the idea of where the faith and repentance that the infant lacks, is exchanged for the faith and repentance of a "God Parent". Yes I know none of this is in the Bible, but the Pope is the "holy see" and he must know what he is doing!
*.Yes I know Ezekiel 18:20 proves the doctrine of total hereditary depravity (inherited original sin) contradicts the Bible, but you cannot understand the Bible anyway, only the priest can correctly interpret it.
*.Yes I know that Matthew 18:2-3 teaches that children are better models of purity and conduct than adults, but the Pope teaches that infants are wicked defiled sinners condemned to hell until a Catholic priest baptizes them and removes the curse of original sin.
You really shouldn't be reading the Bible anyway. And while we are talking about it, what else do you want me to teach you about what the Bible says?
Is the Roman Catholic church the church you read about in the Bible?
NO .ahhahahahha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank / Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.