Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here (9629 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2013
try69: @mamavister tell me what you decipher from the words below, so I can know if to reason with you

"Birth Control – the words are not very proper because those who believe in it actually believe neither in birth or control” - Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen.

Oya FACULTY101 test cheesy

Answer pls..
this guy is so so pathetic. He fails to answer the threads questions. Hecant even know d difference btw 'mamavister' and the guys name 'mavister' u think you are funny? See the way mavister is lashing you all.. What a SHAME. KINDLY RE-READ YOUR POST YOU WILL KNOW WHAT U JUST SAID. TALKING OF BIRTH CONTROL? u always run away from d subjest matter
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by unongu(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: Having been a one time catholic, before now i have always thought it out to seek the truth beyond every shadow of doubt. I kept asking questions but no one could give me answers.even the few answers i got werent biblical(from the bible). So i went out in search for the truth. I have a questions based on the following doctrines observed by catholics which in every way seem not to be scriptural to me.

(1) why do the catholics practice infant baptism? I.e baptizing children and infants.

(2) why do they pray for the dead. I.e they see at as pre-requisite to pray for the dead. As somthing that is so dutiful.

(3) bowing down to the image of mary. I.e praying through mary and saints.

(4) priests and nuns not marrying.

(5) believing that there is a place called purgatory.

(6) categorizing sins as venial and mortal thereby making sins seem as if they have different punihment by God.

Could any catholic proove the following above from the BIBLE only with bible passages. If no catholic can proove all this beyond every reasonable doubt, then i'l believe that such doctrines are the result of human tradition.
There is nothing worth defending here, besides, the Catholic Church do not need to defend self from any misconception whatsoever, not even yours. However, for the benefit of clearing doubts and exposing the folly of critics and misguided Christian brethren, Please get the book titled: "The Twenty-Seven Most Common Misconceptions About The Catholic Church" written by Moses Unongu. Soft copy available online! Call 08068700027 for the book and your doubts about the Catholic Church will be cleared forever!!!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Mrlouis: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
unongu: There is nothing worth defending here, besides, the Catholic Church do not need to defend self from any misconception whatsoever, not even yours. However, for the benefit of clearing doubts and exposing the folly of critics and misguided Christian brethren, Please get the book titled: "The Twenty-Seven Most Common Misconceptions About The Catholic Church" written by Moses Unongu. Soft copy available online! Call 08068700027 for the book and your doubts about the Catholic Church will be cleared forever!!!
hahahhaha business man. Why not answer the few here. Hahahha
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: this guy is so so pathetic. He fails to answer the threads questions. Hecant even know d difference btw 'mamavister' and the guys name 'mavister' u think you are funny? See the way mavister is lashing you all.. What a SHAME. KINDLY RE-READ YOUR POST YOU WILL KNOW WHAT U JUST SAID. TALKING OF BIRTH CONTROL? u always run away from d subjest matter
dont be so hard on him bro. You should know he lacks divine understanding. U should also know that is is common for catholics to shy away from such discussions. And the few that saty try earnestly to digress from the topic.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: my brother all this questions are not neccesary.. I believe on the bible and if u can show me these doctrines based on the bible teachings, who am i not to believe?

you cannot seperate tradition from religion, no matter how much you try to.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: this guy is so so pathetic. He fails to answer the threads questions. Hecant even know d difference btw 'mamavister' and the guys name 'mavister' u think you are funny? See the way mavister is lashing you all.. What a SHAME. KINDLY RE-READ YOUR POST YOU WILL KNOW WHAT U JUST SAID. TALKING OF BIRTH CONTROL? u always run away from d subjest matter

Na u I ask question?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Baptism is full immersion in water, not sprinkling.

The Catholic church baptizes babies by sprinkling a little water on them.
Historical note:Greek work for baptism literally means immersion. There are separate words in Greek for sprinkling, pouring and immersion. Only the Greek word for immersion is ever used for Baptism in the Bible. The first recorded case of sprinkling was in 257 AD to someone on a sick-bed. It was then an exception to the rule and brought about fierce opposition from the whole church. Not until 757 AD did the church accept sprinkling in such sick-bed cases of necessity. It wasn't until 1311 AD, when the Catholic council of Ravenna, declared that sprinkling was and acceptable substitute for immersion and from that time forward sprinkling replaced immersion in the Roman Catholic church. The Orthodox church refused sprinkling and still immerses to this day.
Question #1:Was Jesus baptized by full immersion in the Jordan River?
Answer: Matthew 3:16oYES
"After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him" Matthew 3:16
Question #2:When Philip baptized the Eunuch, did both of them go into the water?
Answer: Acts 8:38-39oYES
"And he ordered the chariot to stop; andthey both went down into the water,Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him.When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away." Acts 8:38-39
Question #3:Can babies be baptized since they do not first believe?
Answer: Mark 16:16; Acts 8:36-37 NOo
"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. Mark 16:16
"As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water!What prevents me from being baptized?" And Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." Acts 8:36-37
Question #4:Can babies be baptized since they do not first repent?
Answer: Acts 2:38 NOo
"Brethren, what must we do?" Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:37-38
i like you. Those blind catholic will nt accept these bible verses. They always twist scripture and its true interpretation. Anyway, they know the truth but dnt want to admit it.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: hahahhaha business man. Why not answer the few here. Hahahha
i doubt if he would defend them online here for us to see.. He knows as soon as u buy his ''book' anything u see there is ur bizness and he has made his money. Very funny
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mrlouis: My catholic soldiers italo ,salc etc aren't saying anything. Please we need ur responses.

if you have any question i would recommend you go to google and ask, i believe you will have more than enough answer.

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

Na u I ask question?
he spoke pidgin at last .. Hahhaha no be him u ask but him don answer you. Besides , is that a question? Abeg answer d questions jawe cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
unongu: There is nothing worth defending here, besides, the Catholic Church do not need to defend self from any misconception whatsoever, not even yours. However, for the benefit of clearing doubts and exposing the folly of critics and misguided Christian brethren, Please get the book titled: "The Twenty-Seven Most Common Misconceptions About The Catholic Church" written by Moses Unongu. Soft copy available online! Call 08068700027 for the book and your doubts about the Catholic Church will be cleared forever!!!
answer the questions here. No need for books recommendation. Anyway, it may be form of advert. I laugh.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: he spoke pidgin at last .. Hahhaha no be him u ask but him don answer you. Besides , is that a question? Abeg answer d questions jawe cheesy

Mamavister abeg answer me now..

Don't ask your neighbour.... I dey see u oh cheesy cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: i like you. Those blind catholic will nt accept these bible verses. They always twist scripture and its true interpretation. Anyway, they know the truth but dnt want to admit it.
hahhaha
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: answer the questions here. No need for books recommendation. Anyway, it may be form of advert. I laugh.

Ukuts gp is here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How far with your christmas thread? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: answer the questions here. No need for books recommendation. Anyway, it may be form of advert. I laugh.
he is a catholic buisness man. cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: i like you. Those blind catholic will nt accept these bible verses. They always twist scripture and its true interpretation. Anyway, they know the truth but dnt want to admit it.
must everybody knw dat u ar stupid.. displayin ur ignorance has always bin ur delight..
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

Ukuts gp is here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
the clown!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
try69:

Mamavister abeg answer me now..

Don't ask your neighbour.... I dey see u oh cheesy cheesy
this guy is funny. Anyways u are ignored . Perhaps if u can rephrase your questions in pidin english, i'd reconsider and answer.

Catholics..when u catch them here, they jump over there..Hahahaha smiley
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eberex:

you cannot seperate tradition from religion, no matter how much you try to.
and when i say that catholic doctrines are founded on pagan traditions of men, they want to crucify me. It is a shame.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: this guy is funny. Anyways u are ignored . Perhaps if u can rephrase your questions in pidin english, i'd reconsider and answer.

catch who

U fit catch air
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: must everybody knw dat u ar stupid.. displayin ur ignorance has always bin ur delight..
just as you displayed your oh so ''intelligence'' by avoiding and boycotting the questions asked you here.. Now u resort to insulting? I notice something that catholics resort to insults when they cant defend their belief.hahhaha
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: this guy is funny. Anyways u are ignored . Perhaps if u can rephrase your questions in pidin english, i'd reconsider and answer.

Are you serious ? grin

Abeg tell me stori grin grin grin
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: and when i say that catholic doctrines are founded on pagan traditions of men, they want to crucify me. It is a shame.
such a shame bro. And they dont realize
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: must everybody knw dat u ar stupid.. displayin ur ignorance has always bin ur delight..
u intend provoking me to say what i wouldn't but u failed this time.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: catch who

U fit catch air

grin grin rotflmao cheesy cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: the clown!
u failed. Think of another.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Laughter is really food for the soul grin grin

I love this thread grin grin grin grin
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys", (200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".
Click on photo for high resolution
Historical note:Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from thepaganreligions who were already using them hundreds of years before: In 456 AD,Hindusare thought to have introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108)Islam(610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God.Buddhistshave 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: just as you displayed your oh so ''intelligence'' by avoiding and boycotting the questions asked you here.. Now u resort to insulting? I notice something that catholics resort to insults when they cant defend their belief.hahhaha
mtchw!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys", (200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".
Click on photo for high resolution
Historical note:Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from thepaganreligions who were already using them hundreds of years before: In 456 AD,Hindusare thought to have introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108)Islam(610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God.Buddhistshave 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.
@ try69, this is where u are needed. Can u say anything with respect to the bolded? cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

I visited the thread and found nothing but blank space.

...and since you have listed the teachings you want me to defend with a huge gaping blank space...not even a title, I have equally made a detailed response to you with a blank space.

Please go through and let me know any answer you're not satisfied with.

Thank you.

sorry for that dear. but you ve still shown that you are not serious. you ve finally seen the thread, yet you brought another unreasonable complain.

that is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1521213/italo-defend-catholic-doctrine-here#1521213.8
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
JMAN05:

sorry for that dear. but you ve still shown that you are not serious. you ve finally seen the thread, yet you brought another unreasonable complain.

that is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1521213/italo-defend-catholic-doctrine-here#1521213.8
hahaha i doubt if he would defend himself there. He always runs away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.