Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (24600 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by airkorie: 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
rationalmind:

I airkorie cannot think of any other explanation for the "order" of the universe, therefore, God did it.

Look at this hypothetical scenario from the fourth century

I hope you can see parallels between both scenarios. If you can, great. If you can't, pathetic.
dear friend ur argument is at best academic. even if there is a scientific explanation for you rainbow, that explanation is based on scientific laws......laws and order are designed. laws dont just pop out of the blues. they are designed. if your cave man had laws governing his society like todays, im sure he would have lived a more fulfilled life. my previous post was not for the purpose of attributing creation or your rainbow to 'God'. I was attributing it all to a designer, as against the mere fluke (big bang) frequently cited by atheists. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Its a pity
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by wordcat(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
So why do demons attack native doctors and their families

deeptesting: The only rational answer I have seen here from the Christians in respect to the OP question is Atheism=Demonism and so a kingdom cannot fight against itself... Well, i hope someone will tell us more about the activities of demons so we can compare it with our daily activities to know if we truly belong to the Demonic Kingdom...

meanwhile @kambo you have refused to win me over to the Christian faith by failing to give a substantiative and verifiable evidence of the existence of hell fire outside what the Bible says....Be informed that Jesus Christ will hold you responsible for not showing me the way to life. I believe your refusal to answer my question on page 7 is a confirmation and automatic ticket that I should go to Hell Fire.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
airkorie: dear friend ur argument is at best academic. even if there is a scientific explanation for you rainbow, that explanation is based on scientific laws......laws and order are designed. laws dont just pop out of the blues. they are designed. if your cave man had laws governing his society like todays, im sure he would have lived a more fulfilled life. my previous post was not for the purpose of attributing creation or your rainbow to 'God'. I was attributing it all to a designer, as against the mere fluke (big bang) frequently cited by atheists. God bless.

The point of my analogy was to show you that, even if we agree with you there is actually an order in this universe, it will still be wrong of you to jump to a conclusion that God must be responsible.

Your ignorance or perhaps the ignorance of the scientific world on the order of the universe is no evidence for a creator. Positing a creator is just an argument from ignorance.

Need I remind you that, once you posit the order in the universe requires a designer, you have to explain to us who designed the designer.

Saying, the designer is undesigned ,uncaused or timeless simply begs the question.

Thanks
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by texanomaly(f): 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton: I am just wondering out loud why demons and evil spirits are afraid of atheists, and whether adopting an atheistic worldview could be the best shield against demons, curses, witches and even the ever-present devourer?

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but I gotta ask...How do you know the bolded to be true?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by okeke2: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
There is a lot of proof we were visited by aliens in all tribes around the world
Like the pyramids in eygpt and giza, do you think humans of back then could construct somethin like dat back then without help
AND YES!!!
dere is life on other planets in the universe
only a fool will believe we are the only ones in the entire universe
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by okeke2: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Another proof of aliens and technology might be in the bible
Ever heard the story of Jacob's ladder?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Femmymata2(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
I believe the next generation will be smarter than these present one. GOD,satan,demöns,witches,magic are for swindling the gullible for commercial purposes. The society is evolving, i'm very sure these current generation in africa will die believing in witches thats why u can't find anything productive as regards invention,innovation,resourcefulness e.t.c. A generation that still believes in superstitiön,dieties,miracle,charm,incantations will forever remain UNDERDEVELOPED,

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by okeke2: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
Whether its God or aliens, i believe there is a external higher power than us in the universe
Even science can prove that through historical events like man suddenly discovering fire or the story of Joan of arc (who really existed in the middle ages) or man discovering steel is a better weapon
Some of the swords made back then
even blacksmiths of today cant make it of the exact quality
WHAT DOES ALL THIS TELL US??
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by okeke2: 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
Even the bible predicts a nuclear fallout
some of the stuff in revelations are similar to what will happen if there were a huge nuclear fallout
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
okeke2: Whether its God or aliens, i believe there is a external higher power than us in the universe
Even science can prove that through historical events like man suddenly discovering fire or the story of Joan of arc (who really existed in the middle ages) or man discovering steel is a better weapon
Some of the swords made back then
even blacksmiths of today cant make it of the exact quality
WHAT DOES ALL THIS TELL US??

Alliens or god did it! Bravo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by redsun(m): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2013
Because there is no demon in the first place.Those who believe in demons are just hunted by the own self inflicted demons and ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 21, 2013
aManFromMars: God, demons and Satan love to breed in gullible minds.

You stop to believe in God and he moves out with his faithful servant Lucifer, JesUs,Gabriel and friends.

When bad things happen to us, we know the solution will not come by swimming miracle water or sowing seed faith offerings. When we go broke, we check our spending habits not blame it on some mythical devourers that are God's EFCC for tithe defrauders. When bad things happen to us, we understand that it is a cycle of life not punishment from some jobless omnipotent being.

DEMONS are afraid of reason and knowledge.
So you don't believe that God exists?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 21, 2013
Is there a God?what is the purpose of life? Why do human's suffer?Who really is Jesus Christ?Does Satan exist?Do demons exist?What really is the Holy Spirit? Will all righteous ones go to heaven? Is there really a place called hell fire? Who or what is really behind natural disasters? These are some of the numerous questions i've seen people directly or indirectly ask on this thread and i've read confusing 'answers'...i just wanted to say that it wouldn't hurt to pick up a Bible and read it. To my friends who are atheists,i may not understand the reason behind your believes, but i need you to understand that to deny your creator is to deny your own existence. If you take time to observe how the universe and every living thing on the earth(including you) perfectly functions, you'll realise that they were not created by mere chance. When you read the bible,you'll come to realise that even as intelligent as we are, our knowledge is still limited and that is why we still need guidance from someone higher who actually exists and wants you to know Him.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by joe4christ(m): 3:53am On Dec 21, 2013
plaetton: I am just wondering out loud why demons and evil spirits are afraid of atheists, and whether adopting an atheistic worldview could be the best shield against demons, curses, witches and even the ever-present devourer?

It simple my man,
your belief becomes your reality,
in other words,
you create your own reality by whatever you belief in - FACT 101...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by joe4christ(m): 4:06am On Dec 21, 2013
ramalot: When misguided youths go to university (in Naija), they blend in with a 'cult'
when asked, they say: "It is for protection". Then they go on to live and perhaps die with the horrors of cult clashes.

When most regular youths go through university in Naija, they graduate without ever dealing with cult related hazards.

Now, the question is.. WHY?

answer: IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY.

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by vickitor: 5:26am On Dec 21, 2013
The atheist that wrote this is, is not an atheist! If you don't believe in God, why will you believe in the existence of demons?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2013
koyes:
So you don't believe that God exists?
U do? undecided
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Atheists are existentialists while the theists are essentialists. Atheists feel there is no God, but they should reason well in their rationalism to see that there is a God.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Pvin: 8:37am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=aManFromMars]God, demons and Satan love to breed in gullible minds.

You stop to believe in God and he moves out with his faithful servant Lucifer, JesUs,Gabriel and friends.

When bad things happen to us, we know the solution will not come by swimming miracle water or sowing seed faith offerings. When we go broke, we check our spending habits not blame it on some mythical devourers that are God's EFCC for tithe defrauders. When bad things happen to us, we understand that it is a cycle of life not punishment from some jobless omnipotent being.

DEMONS are afraid of reason and knowledge.
U must be an Atheist on a high Key. Convince me more...
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by scarred9jan(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2013
Hi.. Am mayo and I just joined nairaland after months of 'kashimawoing'. Am an atheist and am glad am one. What many 'religious' folks fail to notice is that most Nigerian atheist were once religious and can quote the Bible/Koran (capitalised cos even if I don't recognise a god, I respect ppls beliefs) off hand.. There is nothing a Christian/Moslem can say that would convince me otherwise. god either never existed or if he did, is dead..

My first of many posts on Nairaland... #yippeee

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2013
scarred9jan: Hi.. Am mayo and I just joined nairaland after months of 'kashimawoing'. Am an atheist and am glad am one. What many 'religious' folks fail to notice is that most Nigerian atheist were once religious and can quote the Bible/Koran (capitalised cos even if I don't recognise a god, I respect ppls beliefs) off hand.. There is nothing a Christian/Moslem can say that would convince me otherwise. god either never existed or if he did, is dead..

welcome on board brother. Good to know the ministry is really moving

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by scarred9jan(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2013
rationalmind:

welcome on board brother. Good to know the ministry is really moving

Thanks bro... And its not a ministry (before they think we are sort of a religious gathering)
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2013
scarred9jan:

Thanks bro... And its not a ministry (before they think we are sort of a religious gathering)

cheesy cheesy one only needs to listen to gordons to know what ministry means in the context in which it was used

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by scarred9jan(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2013
rationalmind:

cheesy cheesy one only needs to listen to gordons to know what ministry means in the context in which it was used

Please do excuse my ignorance.. Who is gordons?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=aManFromMars]
U do? undecided[/quote
Have you ever wondered what the future holds for you?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 21, 2013
[quote author=koyes][/quote]
I don't believe in destiny. I do know how important my choices are in creating the future I desire.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2013
scarred9jan: Hi.. Am mayo and I just joined nairaland after months of 'kashimawoing'. Am an atheist and am glad am one. What many 'religious' folks fail to notice is that most Nigerian atheist were once religious and can quote the Bible/Koran (capitalised cos even if I don't recognise a god, I respect ppls beliefs) off hand.. There is nothing a Christian/Moslem can say that would convince me otherwise. god either never existed or if he did, is dead..

what exactly is your reason for becoming an atheist?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2013
@GeneralShepherd: good job by the way. The plantain spirits bless you. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2013
koyes:
what exactly is your reason for becoming an atheist?
Erm, you need to visit the religion section more often. grin #evangeLIEsm

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2013
scarred9jan:

Please do excuse my ignorance.. Who is gordons?

Godorns is nigerian comedian who hardly cracks jokes without putting this at the end

The ministry is moving to the permanent site

That is just another way of jokingly saying, we are moving on.

So, "ministry" in that context is not the same as ministry in a religious context

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2013
aManFromMars:
I don't believe in destiny. I do know how important my choices are in creating the future I desire.
I do not believe in destiny either and creating the future you desire isn't a bad idea too. I'm just wondering why you think any one would be against that as long as the decisions you make wouldn't be to the detriment of others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Visits Rivers State (Photos) / Catholic Priest, Luke Adeleke, Murdered In Abeokuta / Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.