Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (24608 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Omooba77: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

So an omni omni god could not stop sin without commiting genocide, without attempting to wipe out the entire earth? That goes a long way to tell you how much of a psychopath your god is.

I thought your god was supposed be omniscient and knew man would sin even before he created man? Then why get angry when the obvious happens? Why kill your son who is also you (committing suicide) just to heal a forthcoming wound? Why would an omni creator commit genocide just to prove he is boss?
Go's foolishness wiser than men's wisdom..............................
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

There is life on earth because the factors on earth support life. Not the other way round! Religious mind!!!

The disasters that make the news are d ones that take a high human toll!these disasters occur regularly from tornados,to volcanic eruption,land slides,tremors and earthquake! Watch NatGeo often and reduce the time you waste on TBN! Read books!

Natural disasters are natural not anomalies!

wat makes a natural disaster natural?
If it is normal and in d course of nature it wud b expected and it wud b regular like the seasons are regular.
But even the irreligious know tht this things shudnt be and they strive to prevent it.
Tht means they ar a-normal or anomalies for short.
Life on earth because the conditions tht support life ar conducive here.
Your answer doesnt answer my question. Go back and try again.
A random process isnt biased.
Theyre many planets in the universe.
Choas and randomness wud have occured simultaneously in other planets and assuming the nothing begets somethg theory is admissible (it isnt), different lifeforms would evolve in those environments tht can adapt to the conditions in those environments.
On earth,in extreme climates and conditions they are strivg organisms . So choas and randomness shud hav been able to occur equally and distributedly in other places and life too, wud proceed there same as on earth but this isnt so.
Sorry fella, ur believe a ridiculous myth.
The logic doesnt add up. Randomness cannot be biased.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Omooba77:
Go's foolishness wiser than men's wisdom..............................

You still haven't proved your god is real undecided I am waiting undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

wat makes a natural disaster natural?
If it is normal and in d course of nature it wud b expected and it wud b regular like the seasons are regular.
But even the irreligious know tht this things shudnt be and they strive to prevent it.
Tht means they ar a-normal or anomalies for short.
Life on earth because the conditions tht support life ar conducive here.
Your answer doesnt answer my question. Go back and try again.
A random process isnt biased.
Theyre many planets in the universe.
Choas and randomness wud have occured simultaneously in other planets and assuming the nothing begets somethg theory is admissible (it isnt), different lifeforms would evolve in those environments tht can adapt to the conditions in those environments.
On earth,in extreme climates and conditions they are strivg organisms . So choas and randomness shud hav been able to occur equally and distributedly in other places and life too, wud proceed there same as on earth but this isnt so.
Sorry fella, ur believe a ridiculous myth.
The logic doesnt add up. Randomness cannot be biased.

If chaos and natural disasters are caused by sin, why doesn't it affect Africans? Isn't there sin in Africa? why is it specific to a particular region?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

So you do agree that Ot god and Nt god are different.
But different in what sense?
Two different gods?

Or was it that the OT god had a make-over, a self-improvement rehab perhaps, and then improved into the new and reformed Nt god?
Is this exactly what I said.
God gets better with age.

i answered this in the post where this quote was lifted from.
Besides, you and other atheists it can b shown argue from a wrong context. Conclusions from a wrong context dont bcome valid because a lot of people subscribe to it.
First,is the stand tht all men are spirits and God is a spirit .
The spirit wrld is a superset of the physcal wrld.
This is a bible statement.
Next,the nature effect cosequences of sin.
The bible presents its message around these two facts . Science doesnt because the spiritual is immaterial (not physcally determinable). Makg ur case from d incomplete view point of science against the bible viewpoint is futile .
Like all u atheists are tryg to do.
But u entitled to ur opinion.happy trying.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by macof(m): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

And mind you, Solomon was so wise that he rejected Yahweh and worshipped other gods.

That is something to think about.
Lol

True and these Christians say there's No other God when the wisest man in the Bible proved there are other Gods
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by tr3y(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

My grandmother thinks that skype is the greatest witchcraft.

Reminds me of Mr. Bones 2 "these pipo are clever"
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

i answered this in the post where this quote was lifted from.
Besides, you and other atheists it can b shown argue from a wrong context. Conclusions from a wrong context dont bcome valid because a lot of people subscribe to it.
First,is the stand tht all men are spirits and God is a spirit .
The spirit wrld is a superset of the physcal wrld.
This is a bible statement.
Next,the nature effect cosequences of sin.
The bible presents its message around these two facts . Science doesnt because the spiritual is immaterial (not physcally determinable). Makg ur case from d incomplete view point of science against the bible viewpoint is futile .
Like all u atheists are tryg to do.
But u entitled to ur opinion.happy trying.

Ah. The usual recourse to spirit mumbo jumbo. How convenient.

If god is spirit, then how do you know he exists?
And if god is spirit, why did he create a physical world, and with what raw materials ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
God would not come down to prove himself for arrogant foolish persons. He does not bother with them. You come to God on his terms, not on your terms. One wonders the kind of mind you have to think God will come down for you. He even sarcastically encourages you to continue in iniquity. Judgement day arrives. Let him who is righteous continue, him who is evil, continue.

Too bad I missed this thread before it reached this length.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by tr3y(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
Africans have really been brainwashed!! I used to hear some men of God claim that if you want to be successful you have to be a church worker like usher choir etc, that you can't be successful if you don't do this or that, you won't be successful if you don't pay tithes and offering bla bla bla
The truth is most of the hollywood stars and music stars, the models, TV personality even footballers and other sport people, how many of them follow these lame success rules...
Thought provoking indeed, time to think outta tha box.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by macof(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: God would not come down to prove himself for arrogant foolish persons. He does not bother with them. You come to God on his terms, not on your terms. One wonders the kind of mind you have to think God will come down for you. He even sarcastically encourages you to continue in iniquity. Judgement day arrives. Let him who is righteous continue, him who is evil, continue.

So God doesn't even care

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: God would not come down to prove himself for arrogant foolish persons. He does not bother with them. You come to God on his terms, not on your terms. One wonders the kind of mind you have to think God will come down for you. He even sarcastically encourages you to continue in iniquity. Judgement day arrives. Let him who is righteous continue, him who is evil, continue.

So the loving god can watch his creation burn in eternal torment for doing things he knew they would do before they were born.

Sounds Legit.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

So the loving can watch his creation burn in eternal torment for doing things he knew they would do before they were born.

Sounds Legit.
are you going to eternal torment? These are the questions you should ask yourself before jumping up and down claiming atheism.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
macof:

So God doesn't even care
no. You don't care.

He cares, but he doesn't bother much with arrogant proud windbags. He resists the proud.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: are you going to eternal torment? These are the questions you should ask yourself before jumping up and down claiming atheism.

I am an Atheist. There is no such thing as hell, Deal with it! answer my question or move over for people with brains to try.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. You don't care.

He cares, but he doesn't bother much with arrogant proud windbags. He resists the proud.

He resist his creation for doing what he knew they would do? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by tr3y(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
O.T.I.S:

its always pathetic that people look up to the sky and believe someone is sitting in a white chair there, indeed the idea of a god/gods would be meaningless if there are no humans here.

Africans have really been brainwashed!! I used to hear some men of God claim that if you want to be successful you have to be a church worker like usher choir etc, that you can't be successful if you don't do this or that, you won't be successful if you don't pay tithes and offering bla bla bla
The truth is most of the hollywood stars and music stars, the models, TV personality even footballers and other sport people, how many of them follow these lame success rules...
Thought provoking indeed, time to think outta tha box.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by texanomaly(f): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd: When you have a rational mind,nothing scares you.

If a cat mews at night? You call animal services,if you dey naija you lay otapiapia for the cat simple case solved!

If a plate crashes in your kitchen at night? You simply go clean it up and stack your dishes carefully next time!

If rats make awkward sounds at night in your home? You leave out your old auntie in the village and apply otapiapia as in number 1

If your Samsung galaxy soils,you take it to a qualified technician not claiming like many nairalanders than god is now a phone reairer!

Demons exist only in your head,same goes with god and the holyspirit

When you take out spirituality, you enjoy life and your loved ones,appreciating live knowing you could loose it all in a matter of seconds! No god needed

P:S; its funny how I still hear the still small voice in my head when I want to do wrong! Its either the Holyspirit lives in me an atheist or the human conscience is inherently a part of us. No god needed

It is the Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit can dwell inside, or simply tough the heart of anyone who is not evil. For those who think He only dwells in Christians, no one is converted at birth. What of those who have lived a life that is not Christ centered but feel the spirit one day and are converted. The Holy Ghost touches everyone. Not just Christians.

P.S. There is hope for you yet. wink
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

You still haven't proved your god is real undecided I am waiting undecided

wat you mean to say is physcally dterminable or real to my 5 senses because the unwritten assumed definition of real is "physcally verifiable by the 5 senses or logically correct".
But its logcally impossible in principle for mix plastics and metals in a mixer and get a brand new cell phone. It is even s.illy to propose such. No matter how many times i mix it it will never produce somethg close to a phone.
Every functional system is designed on purpose.
The fact tht i dnt know d designer of a system DOESNT INVALIDATE THE FACT THT SUCH A SYSTEM HAD A DESIGNER.
THAT I DNT KNOW HE DESINGED IT DOESNT MAKE HIS EXISTENCE DOUBTFUL.
the premise is,all functional complex systems have a designer.
And the designer isnt randomness and chaos.
Proof: chaos and randomness has never been used by man to design any notable coordinated complex system.
If chaos and randomness cud produce lifeforms as we know it,this principle wud hav wrked for man on much lesser levels. It wud have become a universal principle. A law. because it is the law tht birthed life.nothing begeting somethg wud hav been an applicable principle.
Empty fridges wud fill up with food.
Women wud concieve without men based on the somethg from nothg principle. But as fundamental as this principle is it keeps it is irrepeatable.
Yet God's principle of seed time and harvest which he instituted in the first pages of genesis is a universal law and is repeatable.
Without male seed women cant naturally concieve.
Even business men call initial funding for a startup seed capital. The principle is every where and God created and set the law in motion.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^^^

Bro, is this your idea of proof? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

I am an Atheist. There is no such thing as hell, Deal with it! answer my question or move over for people with brains to try.

many of ur kinsfolks are there screamg for a drop of water.
You are an atheist because you walk by your physcal senses. They are no atheists after death. You wish they were no hell or heaven or God. Wishg dont change facts.
Theres hell and you can avoid it if u want to. Its not by force to go there. But if u like you can choose hell over heaven. The choice is yours (and all atheists )- God wont force you, the devil cant stop you . But you only have d power to decide your destiny.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
texanomaly:

It is the Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit can dwell inside, or simply tough the heart of anyone who is not evil. For those who think He only dwells in Christians, no one is converted at birth. What of those who have lived a life that is not Christ centered but feel the spirit one day and are converted. The Holy Ghost touches everyone. Not just Christians.

I guess we might as well erase the word " thought" from the dictionary and replace with holy ghost.
And while we are at it, we might as well replace the word " conscience" with the word holy ghost, and the word good, with "holy ghost".

Isn't it hilarious how christians lay claim on everything.
So the holy ghost is no longer for people who believe and accept jesus, but goes around infesting the minds of atheists too?
Then why are people still atheists, muslims, Hindus, etc?
So with the holy ghost in all of us, we can still be free to reject all the Abrahamic bullshyts?

Oh, and by the way, where was the holy ghost in the hearts of people of faith who have committed great evils since the dawn of humanity?

This is new and very interesting indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

You are an atheist because you walk by your physcal senses. They are no atheists after death. You wish they were no hell or heaven or God. Wishg dont change facts.
Theres hell and you can avoid it if u want to. Its not by force to go there. But if u like you can choose hell over heaven. The choice is yours (and all atheists )- God wont force you, the devil cant stop you . But you only have d power to decide your destiny.

And what do you know about after death?
What did you know about pre-birth?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

Afterlife is NOTHING but wishful thinking. You wish it were there, it isn't sorry undecided you haven't even proved your god you are talking about places that exist beyond the realms of life.

Anyway, enjoy your delusion.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

I am a condemned criminal, the judge and the prison does not exist. Prove to me the judge exists, or move over for someone with brains to try. grin

Go on my brother. Go on with your atheism.

Garri+:

He resist his creation for doing what he knew they would do? undecided
did you not read the post? He resists the proud windbags who clutch fantasy to be free to carry on wickedness and lawlessness.

What he eternally knows is not the issue. What we do and the way we act is the issue.

Do you want to go to hell? If you don't want to or you don't believe in hell, then don't put yourself in that list and blame God.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by WorldGreatest1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Well I've always said it that an Atheist that says all Christians are dumb is as foolish and dumb as a Christian that say all atheists are fools!

In as much as most christians are dumb sheeples,there are very intelligent christians! In this forum there is Insquor,Davidylan, Mr. Annoy e.t.c

Also if you frequent religious section,you would know I have never denied the role christians played in introducing education to Africa not just Nigeria! I am myself grew up in a very christian home and studied in an Anglican secondary school!

But the fact remains that christianity denies basic truths like evolution! The christian church killed Galileo for saying the Sun is the centre of the solar system! It takes a lot of dumbing down of intellect for intelligent christians to believe in god

The bible is full of scientific inaccuracies,logical half truths and outright foolish claims! I started doubting the bible from the age of 10 when I learnt about dinosaurs and found out that the bible forgot such historic animals!

Now I am free!!!

U are a confused man indeed. Ur base for atheism is found on books you read. Just because the bible doesnt include dinosaurs blah blah blah. And u discredit Christians because the foundation of our beliefs is in the bible.

Besides, Christians belief in God goes beyond the bible. It is a form of personal experience. You get to know God more on a personal level.
Pls take this guy to MFM.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Garri+:

Afterlife is NOTHING but wishful thinking. You wish it were there, it isn't sorry undecided you haven't even proved your god you are talking about place that exist beyond the realms of life.

Anyway, enjoy your delusion.
nonsense. I believe you don't know the implications of what you are saying. Or maybe you do. I am a criminal, the court and judgement is wishful thinking. I'll jusy enjoy meself, there is no repercussion.
purposelessness
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by WorldGreatest1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

I dismiss all gods
What about demons?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: I am a condemned criminal, the judge and the prison does not exist. Prove to me the judge exists, or move over for someone with brains to try. grin

Nice try, Failed logic grin

Atleast the judge didn't condemn for a sin he knew i would commit before i was born. You fail. Try again.

did you not read the post? He resists the proud windbags who clutch fantasy to be free to carry on wickedness and lawlessness.

What he eternally knows is not the issue. What we do and the way we act is the issue.

R.I.P. Logic grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
World Greatest1:

Besides, Christians belief in God goes beyond the bible. It is a form of personal experience. You get to know God more on a personal level.

Very Correct!
Personal level as in your brain, right?
Now , please correct me if I am wrong: God is part of you because god lives in your brain.
Right?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: nonsense. I believe you don't know the implications of what you are saying. Or maybe you do. I am a criminal, the court and judgement is wishful thinking. I'll jusy enjoy meself, there is no repercussion.
purposelessness

Another failed logic.

No proof of the judge, court or prison.

Stop fooling yourself. Prove your god, prove your heaven, prove your hell, stop fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by deeptesting(m): 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

Kambo,I have an opened mind and really love to learn new things...I have been observing from the lines because I don't really like arguments but I want to learn from you...Can you give me a substantiative and verifiable proof of the existence of hell fire in exception of what you read from the Bible? Some Christian organization like the Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in hell fire and you all share and read from the same bible which I believe is the standard and guide for all Christians..Please guide me through this misconception of my disbelief in hell fire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail / How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / The Near Death Experience (light At The End Of The Tunnel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.