Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,177 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (44013 Views)

If Your Wife Did This To You, What Would You Do????? / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / How Would U Feel If Ur Wife Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by drnairalov: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
apache77:

I descended on her so brutally while a friend was driving us back home, she opened the door of the fast moving car to jump down- it would hav been manslaughter.We had to stop, i beat the hell out of her she crawled under the car and more than two dozen cars had to crowd round us cos people following thought it was a kidnap attempt. That was five years ago.

But since that day, the lose screw in her head tightened back and she has been very pliable, very amenable now. We are married now and no issues- she is the most humble wife you can think of- and i dont threaten her or try to lord over her- no. Just a loving relationship, but she has it at the back of her mind, this her husband can be a beast if he decides to.

So violence can work ..hmmmn!!!

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by txswat: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
apache77:
u r in trouble bro...kick her asz out....you are not being firm..
my wife, wen we were dating was very refractive- as in very stubborn. i could come to see her and she will tell me get out- boota- it was dat bad. One night wen we had issues, and i was trying to stop her from stomping away in anger, she slapped me. I just held her and didnt even vex. she later put it down to being tipsy. i forgot the issue and just hung in der, swallowing all the shitt she handed down for years.....
till one fateful night in 2009 wen she misbehaved, while we were out.

I descended on her so brutally while a friend was driving us back home, she opened the door of the fast moving car to jump down- it would hav been manslaughter.We had to stop, i beat the hell out of her she crawled under the car and more than two dozen cars had to crowd round us cos people following thought it was a kidnap attempt. That was five years ago.

But since that day, the lose screw in her head tightened back and she has been very pliable, very amenable now. We are married now and no issues- she is the most humble wife you can think of- and i dont threaten her or try to lord over her- no. Just a loving relationship, but she has it at the back of her mind, this her husband can be a beast if he decides to.

She initially never liked my own friends and people around me- just her own people and friends- but now the tide has changed- its more my people around us now and my friends and no one complains- she always has a nice demeanour towards everyone. Matter of fact, as I speak, she is not just in family home, two cities away, but has even followed my mum to our village home- they have a great relationsnhip and I am happy.

This was a very very refractive woman who made our relationship hell- of all of us who dated it was difficult for any one man to get a handle on her, but I have tamed her and we have a wonderful relationship. Infact, right now, she is the one putting in all the effort to make the marriage work while I just cross my legs and watch her in amusement.

I think the single most decisive moment in our relationship was that fateful night 3years into our relationship when i beat the hell out of her- that singular moment turned the tables and told her i was firmly in charge.

You may need your own decisive moment too, to save your marriage...and your sanity, if its not too late already

Is this for real? You really "BEAT" your wife into submission and now she loves and respects you more than ever before? As a married man I know women can have their issues and all but to think "beating" her into submission has solved a marital issue is naive at best.

@OP Please seek marital counseling from your pastor or someone you both respect (preferably a married couple). Sometimes it helps hearing things from an outside source we trust. Best wishes!

12 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Op send her to her inlaws for sometime.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by thorpido(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Apache77.....beating her into submission worked?
I hope she's not bidding her time to take her pound of flesh back.

4 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by thiefnubu(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
I am not yet married...so i have no advice to give...I will rather hang in and listen to mature minds tackle this problem, so i wouldnt have to creat such thread of my own in some years time....my condolences to the op sha... *grabs popcorn and silently follows thread.*

3 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by ujoatu(m): 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
For better for worse. You swore to that bro.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Mboi: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
m-ployer:
The story sounds incomplete. Your wife is having problem wit ur parents and u want a divorce?...tel us moreundecided. Moreover, be nice to d kids, bond with them. Provide opportunity for them to speak with Granny on fone . When they grow, they will surely look for Granny, she can't stop them.

Very bad advice! @op, plse don't even consider this kind of advice one bit.

4 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by funshint(m): 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
@OP I think from your subsequent statement I can only conclude that U̶̲̥̅̊ partially caused what happened. U̶̲̥̅̊ giving her the idea of your kids staying with your parents till secondary school will normally trigger such reaction. Any woman will literally kill because of her children. All U̶̲̥̅̊ hv to do now is to reassure her that no one is going to take the kids away from her and I pray everytin will be fine. God bless U̶̲̥̅̊!

7 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Surprises me that women are always repulsive about inlaws ? I guess you just have to give her the memo. Women dont change, in fact, she will send you to early grave. Its the reason why everyone in my vicinity send their wives abroad,you think they are wasting money, but no, we are saving our lives.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by devour129: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
This takes me back to some years ago when my aunts daughter in law was doing the same thing to her.it got so bad that she almost cursed her son until one day the lady opened up on why she behaves the way she does. You guys won't believe that all these while the lady was protecting her husband based on all the stories the hubby told her concerning his parents while they where dating and early part of there marriage. The guy said lots of terrible things about his mom and the wife felt it was her duty to protect the guy from his evil family,in the course of that ,she also overheard my aunt telling her friend she regrets her son marrying her so all that led to her aggressive behavior .so op tell us the whole story ,cos theres no way someone will take her kids to her parents n refuse to take them to her in laws n a guy will let it go on even for a year. I know another guy that told his wife not to let his father carry his kids that the man smells,instead of him to clean his dad up ! Thank God the wife is a smart lady.

15 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by dokunbam(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
The ladies will not come here now and attend to this issue here.

Come and give advice from your own perspective

Or else I will say they are all the same
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by devour129: 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
thorpido: Apache77.....beating her into submission worked?
I hope she's not bidding her time to take her pound of flesh back.
trust me that's what she is doing ! It's crazy but I fear for that guy
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by EdwinOse: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=nyere84]Op, is tym to be firm.

Come on, u are too soft with that woman.

Show her werey in diff parts, show her ur bad side. (But no beating). And, you will see her change fast fast. Unless, she is nt a Nigerian. [/quote

What do you know about marriage. Biko mechie onu.

@Op: Try find out why she is behaving the way she does. Try the power of prayers.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
dokunbam: The ladies will not come here now and attend to this issue here.

Come and give advice from your own perspective

Or else I will say they are all the same
They are mostly the same, except for few that intelligence overrides stereotypical mentalism.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by soulglo: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
So you sat down and discussed with your parents to come get the kids and did not bother to mention it to their mother. Congratulations. You are the cause of your parents heartache and if they know that you never told your wife and still support your behavior then they are not being honest with you. They are adding to firewood to the fire. Good luck with your divorce. Ruin your children's life to make your parents who have lived their's already happy

19 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by ujoatu(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
bro Pl do a DNA test on that child of YOURS

2 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by curtain: 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
The marriage was built on a false foundation of premarital sex, and the procedures which would have revealed her true identity before she entered your home were shortened by unwanted pregnancy. My take is that you go for spiritual counseling and deliverance together and confess your premarital sins, becareful not to rush into divorce because God hates divorce, and it may affect your children. if she is demon possesed, organise a prayer session for her or run to a man of God, but if she is a witch , then be sure she already knows you are in nairaland looking for help.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Caprison(m): 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
IbokUtoroh: i dey tell people say if i marry n my wife wan try rubbish na to first ignore her, dont eat her food n sleep outside, anytime she is ready for marriage she will come look for me. life is too short for a wife to tek a lovely n hardworkng hubby for granted. my own no go be divorce but leavorce
Exactly.....That strategy is the worst thing a woman can experience and dread most.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by kzokul(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
opetu:

I ddnt, we were both medical students nd she wasnt young, infact d whole pregnancy issue , she sure wanted it may b to trap me down, it was a one night thingy..yes i knw dats enough to get anyone pregnant, the marriage was sumthing she was happy about also.. Even in Our NYSC after marriage she started misbehaving saying i was cheating. it just a calamity marriage ..tnx..wud pray towards it
Hahaha.......@calamity marriage
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Curiouscity(m): 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Some ladies make me scared of getting married. Exactly what my sister-in-law is doing to my brother. None of my siblings can spend a night in my elder brother's home again. My mom cried the last time she visit my brother who just left the hospital.

@OP, I will tell you the same thing I tell my bros. U didn't let that woman understand the bond between U and your parents or how important your parents are to U. Yours is understandable since the marriage was via pregnancy. In my brother's case, they dated. My SIL is evil. Thank God that I can cater for my parents and siblings.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Afrok(m): 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
drnairalov: Sowie Women and their problems..like mine

i wanted 2 hav sex wid ma girlfriend bt ma little brodas
were stil awake,so she said,

"1st 1 of u 2 sleep
wil get #5,000", so I slept 1st,den she dump me

PLS Y?

---------------
becos U ar staying, living, nd aving sexx with her in d same room with ur brothers shocked

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Caprison(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
IbokUtoroh: i dey tell people say if i marry n my wife wan try rubbish na to first ignore her, dont eat her food n sleep outside, anytime she is ready for marriage she will come look for me. life is too short for a wife to tek a lovely n hardworkng hubby for granted. my own no go be divorce but leavorce
Exactly.....That strategy is the worst thing a woman can experience and dread most..quit talking to her, don't eat her food,come back when ever you like,don't sex her,leave the house when she screw up. ..ONE WEEK ,it's either she go home or she ask for forgiveness..

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by solomon111(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
devour129: trust me that's what she is doing ! It's crazy but I fear for that guy
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by delpee(f): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
@OP
I feel your pain cos i remember how happy my parents in law and my own parents were/are when they see their grandchildren. I pray for such joy and have never seen any reason to deny anyone the pleasure. She needs to know that shes sowing terrible seeds for herself. This has nothing to do with religion, the law of karma truly works. Please let her go for counselling before you give up on her. Parents with only one child are more vulnerable in this condition and any reasonable woman should understand. She should also know that your happiness does not revolve around her alone especially with this negative attitude.

BTW what kind of relationship does she have with her parents? Remember you cant give what you dont have.
May God guide your every step and lead you to the best solution.

@apache77

Sorry but you cant be too sure your wife has "surrendered". Some women can be patiently vindictive. Anyway it depends on how the matter was resolved at the time and if she recognises the fact that she went too far. Anyhow, violence against women is not the best way to resolve a problem though it seems you felt really frustrated. Watch and pray.

3 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by solomon111(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
devour129: trust me that's what she is doing ! It's crazy but I fear for that guy
Bullshitt.
The lady can't do jack.
Sometimes,a degree of aggressiveness is required to tame some very wild women.
I've seen it work times without number.

3 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by fijiano202(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Guy Firstly u are wrong with not informing Her abt ur parents coming to take ur kids cos u clearly know her attitude towards them and also i believe u both are one,Men are the head of the Family but Women are the Keeper of the home and Family.Secondly I think you need counselling with ur Wife and Also try to rekindle ur Love or try to fall in Love with her again,Try to think of what u like and appreciate abt her when u were friends.try to start creating a fun enviroment at home and go out with her alot,try to bring her out of her shell,every woman has a soft side,Divorce is not the answer,dont listen on people advice on that,it may be a last resort but do ur best to fight for ur home

7 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by alwaysme(f): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
@op. Probably she must av heard from reliable sources like churches that ur parents re witches or maybe There's somebody in that neighbourhood that is evil. The truth is no mother will willingly give out her children knowing they might b put in harms way. Av u had a serious talk with her about it? What was her response?
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by paranorman(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dear OP, i feel your pain joh.. It's very disheartnin when one's wife hates one's family.. What is more saddenin is that u are d only child of ur parents and that would make dem yearn for the grandchildren so much and ur wife dey form crixus unto the matter.. My advice is
Talk to her about this.. Pray about this too.. Involve people that she can listen too. You also need to man up dude.. For pete's sake, be the african man that you are! Dont let ur parents die of heart break o.. And please, dont abuse her physically o.. Or mayb she sees ur parents as her rival ( u should understand this from the traditional perspective..).. Just man up bro.. Be careful, lest things go diabolical o..

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by TechWalker007: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Op, sorry for your pain.
However, I have to point out some things.

You gave your wife the idea that you would want your kids to be with your parents and she probably is afraid if they visit they may not be allowed back. She is also afraid your parents may turn them against her. I don't know any mother that will want her kids to be trained by her in laws. I won't advice anyone to marry such lady.
Why are you trying to compensate your parents with your kids? At the expense of your wife and their mother at that?
I am not in support of her actions and behavior but I guess you made her so since you said she had a fair relationship with your parents before marriage.
You should be looking to raise a happy family, you, your wife and your kids. That's every woman's dream. Your family and hers are "3rd parties" and should be treated as such. That does not mean you shouldn't love and respect your families.
I love my parents but I would rather have my wife and kids be with me anywhere in the world than be with my parents (My parents are the best you can have).
Don't sacrifice your new family for an old one. Your parents should be happy seeing you happy with the new family. That should be their joy.

19 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Yeecar(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
opetu:

hum..dere waz quite a gud level of respect tho, it was all good! shez good wit her family expecially wiv her mom, sumtyms i do think its her mom dat giv her dose ill advices! yup d kids go to her mom, couple of time durin holidays, most times her mom come stays wit us!!

But when it comes mine, its epic quarell..even when dey come stay she frowns a lot! i knw sum kids stay with their grand parents till maybe secondary skul, i wanted that but i cnt ve dat talk less of just an holiday visit. hired a lawyer already incase of divorce.. which happens to be our landlord tnx to him d marriage ve been able to hold for dis years Of course i dnt wanna be a divorcee
Geraway You are too dull joor... Your parent don't deserve such ill treatment anyway!
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Ibukunjah(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Issues of marriage are best handled not by 'fire for fire' approach. You have to play the mature role and never make moves that will tear your marriage apart as I think that should be the last resort. Remember, divorce usually affect the children adversely emotionally and mentally.
Have you tried talking to someone she may listen to, perhaps her parents?
Are you sure she is not reacting to ill-treatment from your parents or yourself?
The point is: Try find out why she behaves the way she does.

All times cannot be quarrel times. There will be times when you both will feel happy together. Take advantage of those times and constructively approach the issue, never with the intention of winning the argument but winning your partner.

I understand that the relationship was not based on heartfelt love but on unavoidable responsibility. That alone is a factor in resolving issues but that does not mean it cannot work out at last.

Why not take this power-packed free email course that is helping many Nigerian marriages. It is available here: http://surefamilytips.com/Mistakes.htm

Pray and work hard, try your best and never think divorce is the first option.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Broke "Boys Code" With My Friend And I'm Happy / Why Are Corpers So Promiscuous...? / Wooing A Girl: My Experience In Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.