Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (44015 Views)

If Your Wife Did This To You, What Would You Do????? / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / How Would U Feel If Ur Wife Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Lordlexyy: 11:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
TechWalker007:

Op, there goes your problem and you don't seem to recognize it.
You are trying to compensate your parents with your kids and that scares her to death!
Stop trying to do that, rather seek to build a happy family and your parents should be happy with that if they are not selfish.
I feel you have a good family in your parents but you need to take out this idea of "sacrificing" your kids to your parents.
I repeat, a woman who doesn't guard her kids jealously does not worth being a mother.

She may have gone too far with the disrespect but a woman will always be emotional!
Your parents should help you build a family of yours not seek to raise your kids because they had one.
Do you expect your wife to smile at that?
I personally do not take shii from a lady but I am not going to support you with this idea of compensating your parents with your kids.
Men like you spew rubbish because your parents means nothing to you. What's wrong with granny having a feel of their grand children? Denying the grand parents of the man the affection of their grand children and allowing her parents access to them, is gross wickedness. You bear your family name, and as such, your kids first and formost belong to that family where you hail from. Having your parents around your kids doesn't prevent you from building a happy home or family. You sound like one bewitched by his wife to have lost identity.

2 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by ladyinred: 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
New things I've learnt today abt marriage, based on the OP and some comments on here,
1. when 2 consenting adults hv s*x without protectn and sum1 ends up pregnant, d girl was trying 2 trap d guy into marriage all along.
2. for some men, when it comes 2 family, wives don't count: it's jst their parents, children and siblings.
3. for those men magnanimous enuf 2 think of their wives as family, said wives r d least important members of d family, and ofcourse replaceable.
4. ur mother must always come b4 ur wife- always strive 2 make mummy happy even at wifey's xpense: never mind abt ur wife. she doesn't count anyway.
5. it's ok for u and ur parents 2 decide where ur kids live and where they shld spend their holidays without informing d kids' mother b4 hand. Reason? Refer to 4.
6. a husband is d commander-in-chief of his wife: anything he says, goes. No arguments. Absolute obedience is required from Wifey at all times.
7. any wife dat 4gets her place and shows her humanity, is a witch.
8. if ur wife starts saying no to certain things u do, or starts having a mind of her own and stops being ur doormat, u've 2 show her who's d boss.
9. start by scolding and threatening her. if that doesn't wrk, corporal punishment is required: Slapping, kicking, flogging, punching and back-flipping are all viable options. Just make sure she gets d message. Beat her to submission.
10. when u're bored with 9, throw her out of ur house. Afterall, she's disposable.
Happy married life, people!

20 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by TechWalker007: 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
riadrims: It has nothing to do with his parents! She lacks training. What is marriage in the first instant? I am a lawyer by training and don't see how kidnapping comes into play. If she wasn't in agreement on that day,there are better ways of handling it without involving his parents. Was the@ op right? NO,he tried to be high handed but it backfired. Am happy,she has kids. May her in laws treat her the way she treats her in laws now. I tire for some women!

Have you ever seen how a common hen become bold towards man once it has chicks?
Same for Dogs and other animals. Mothers naturally guard their children with their life.
It's something every true man should crave in a wife (mother of his children).
The OP wants to make his parents happy by with his kids at the expense of his wife.
According to him, the wife didn't have issues with her in laws before the kids came so it's safe to assume that's the bone of contention.
The wife has her faults but she's just being a jealous mother. I would do same if I were a lady. I may not be that disrespectful but when it comes to the kids, I don't know.
This is probably the reason the wife see her in laws as enemies!
I am not saying the kids shouldn't visit the op's parents but it seems the op has constantly pushed for his parents to have custody of their kids and she may now be scared.

7 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by jude4real: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Your parents are not helping issues. They know very well who your wife is and they still want to come amd take her kids away. Guyman, show love to ur wife and also ur parents. If u divorce ur wife, u are a loser and ur kids will be in disarray.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Ngokafor(f): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Apache keep on feeling smug about beating your wife into 'submission' and crossing your legs in 'amusement' you hear??...i just hope you wont end up like the bankers husband with a sliced manhood as a result of your abusive nature....Mr macho na so una dey carry problem put for una head..msteww!

6 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Arialbold: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
She married you, she didn't marry your parents.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by tensor77(m): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
TechWalker007:

Have you ever seen how a common hen become bold towards man once it has chicks?
Same for Dogs and other animals. Mothers naturally guard their children with their life.
It's something every true man should crave in a wife (mother of his children).
That is something that has always struck me.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Arialbold: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
this is why women should avoid marrying men who are the "only child"
that is the worst.

I am not saying the kids shouldn't visit the op's parents but it seems the op has constantly pushed for his parents to have custody of their kids and she may now be scared.

GBAM. This is the main issue.
they are having marital issues (OP is not telling us the whole story). He wants to divorce his wife, and take the children away from their mother after divorce to give the grandparents custody.
The wife has every reason to be scared that her kids are going to be taken away from her after divorce. She needs to go and hire a very good lawyer.

6 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by tellwisdom: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
You dey there, your wife dey push your mama away...MUGU undecided
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by showby: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wife!
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by TechWalker007: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lordlexyy: Men like you spew rubbish because your parents means nothing to you. What's wrong with granny having a feel of their grand children? Denying the grand parents of the man the affection of their grand children and allowing her parents access to them, is gross wickedness. You bear your family name, and as such, your kids first and formost belong to that family where you hail from. Having your parents around your kids doesn't prevent you from building a happy home or family. You sound like one bewitched by his wife to have lost identity.

Let's not become personal, the thread is not about us.
You are wrong about my parents, I couldn't have had a better home!
My parents are still my confidants. I respect them to the core, but guess what, they are the ones who raised me to think the way I do.
When me or my siblings have issues my parents do not come between, in fact they encourage you to take responsibility and sometimes blame their own children and exonerate their son/daughter in laws.
If you brought a lady to my parents as your fiancee, they tell you plainly, "You know we are not going to be part of this new family so you have to make the right choice, because you can't come back and tell us how bad she is and you can't continue". It may sound harsh but it has really helped. Notice in my posts, I didn't give the OP an option for divorce? And also, I see every challenge as surmountable.
By the way, it's easier to change yourself than the other party. Most times, that's what needs to be done.

15 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by alivetofuckonly(m): 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Eiyaa. Dis is a lesson for us o. I don't know why a 'wife' in quote would hate their husbands mother - a mother that welcome you into their sons life and family. Well all women no matter how born again have that same tendency. Some just have it subdued than others.
My brother quit the marriage before she use juju complicate am.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by obi123: 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
apache77:
u r in trouble bro...kick her asz out....you are not being firm..
my wife, wen we were dating was very refractive- as in very stubborn. i could come to see her and she will tell me get out- boota- it was dat bad. One night wen we had issues, and i was trying to stop her from stomping away in anger, she slapped me. I just held her and didnt even vex. she later put it down to being tipsy. i forgot the issue and just hung in der, swallowing all the shitt she handed down for years.....
till one fateful night in 2009 wen she misbehaved, while we were out.

I descended on her so brutally while a friend was driving us back home, she opened the door of the fast moving car to jump down- it would hav been manslaughter.We had to stop, i beat the hell out of her she crawled under the car and more than two dozen cars had to crowd round us cos people following thought it was a kidnap attempt. That was five years ago.

But since that day, the lose screw in her head tightened back and she has been very pliable, very amenable now. We are married now and no issues- she is the most humble wife you can think of- and i dont threaten her or try to lord over her- no. Just a loving relationship, but she has it at the back of her mind, this her husband can be a beast if he decides to.

She initially never liked my own friends and people around me- just her own people and friends- but now the tide has changed- its more my people around us now and my friends and no one complains- she always has a nice demeanour towards everyone. Matter of fact, as I speak, she is not just in family home, two cities away, but has even followed my mum to our village home- they have a great relationsnhip and I am happy.

This was a very very refractive woman who made our relationship hell- of all of us who dated it was difficult for any one man to get a handle on her, but I have tamed her and we have a wonderful relationship. Infact, right now, she is the one putting in all the effort to make the marriage work while I just cross my legs and watch her in amusement.

I think the single most decisive moment in our relationship was that fateful night 3years into our relationship when i beat the hell out of her- that singular moment turned the tables and told her i was firmly in charge.

You may need your own decisive moment too, to save your marriage...and your sanity, if its not too late already

Please what is your name and surname ? also indicate your state of origin and village because i want to make sure none of my children marry into your family.May God punish the love that will drive them to someone like you, in fact may holy ghost fire consume it as soon as it starts to develop,May that kind of love never see the light of day.

so you basically assaulted your wife into submission, if she had died or became permanently disabled nko as a result of your discipline? you will still be the MAN abi? you would have been narrating this your story to your fellow prison mates behind bars.You have a marriage based on fear not respect and you are happy, you think you have a happy marriage abi?

so if your son comes to you with this same type of problem , you will narrate how you nearly killed his mum all in the name of asserting yourself abi and advice him to do the same? clap for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by blaise26abj(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
OP: why didnt u tell your wife your parents were coming for your kids for xmas holidays? That wouldn't be a pleasant surprise for anybody. Why didnt u even think of going with the whole family? I honestly see this as a breakdown of communication. She might not have been mature about her reaction but again you caused it. Imagine getting home and u see your wife handing over your favourite TV to her friend without your knowledge. you will react too. Unfortunately, your parents were not spared you and your wife's immaturity.

My advice is to communicate with you wife. Sit down, talk, find a middle ground, make u, ur wife, the kids and ultimately ur parents happy. And while u are @ it , have some great makeup sex and maybe u will have that 3rd kid u are avoiding grin wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by zenkrisyl: 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Your wife doesn't like ur parents,and she also getting advice from her mum or friends or sister,which has ignited d hatred for ur parent d more,she should let go of the hatred and bad advice and warm upto ur parents,she will find out dat she has been missing a great deal,she has forgotten dat she isn't just marryin u but d whole family,talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by obi123: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
Haunted:

Mr I take pride in being a murderer, I can't believe you just typed this.. You mean you beat your wife to be to the extent that It could have been man slaughter and you are advocating the same thing here?

The only way you could prove yourself as a man in your relationship was to almost kill someone else's daughter? It is very pathetic to read that you take so much pride in this violent act you committed. She misbehaved again, probably slapped you again, but did you have to go to the extent of beating the hell out of her in a moving car?? Why didn't you just return the slap and let her go forever? You weren't married to her yet, were you?

I guess you are happy and you feel manly thet your wife lives in fear, knowing at the back of her mind that her husband can be a beast anytime she misbehaves?

pathetic is not that he typed it , pathetic is that he had that many likes.May God not allow it happen ,

Would you beat your troublesome\wayward daughter or son to this state just to prove you are the father?

Op, for your own good, do not follow this guy's 'decisive moment advice', you could end up behind bars or hung to death...

Marriage is not a do or die affair, if you can not fix it after several genuine attempts, get out of it.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by obi123: 12:02am On Jan 07, 2014
Haunted:

Mr I take pride in being a murderer, I can't believe you just typed this.. You mean you beat your wife to be to the extent that It could have been man slaughter and you are advocating the same thing here?

The only way you could prove yourself as a man in your relationship was to almost kill someone else's daughter? It is very pathetic to read that you take so much pride in this violent act you committed. She misbehaved again, probably slapped you again, but did you have to go to the extent of beating the hell out of her in a moving car?? Why didn't you just return the slap and let her go forever? You weren't married to her yet, were you?

I guess you are happy and you feel manly thet your wife lives in fear, knowing at the back of her mind that her husband can be a beast anytime she misbehaves?

pathetic is not that he typed it , pathetic is that he had that many likes
Would you beat your troublesome\wayward daughter or son to this state just to prove you are the father?

Op, for your own good, do not follow this guy's 'decisive moment advice', you could end up behind bars or hung to death...

Marriage is not a do or die affair, if you can not fix it after several genuine attempts, get out of it.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by obi123: 12:04am On Jan 07, 2014
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by TheGeneral1(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2014
debetmx: Don't sleep in that house again before she cut your blokos.
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by rapmike(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2014
apache77:
my wife, wen we were dating was very refractive- as in very stubborn. i could come to see her and she will tell me get out- boota- it was dat bad. One night wen we had issues, and i was trying to stop her from stomping away in anger, she slapped me. I just held her and didnt even vex. she later put it down to being tipsy. i forgot the issue and just hung in der, swallowing all the shitt she handed down for years.....

I descended on her so brutally while a friend was driving us back home, she opened the door of the fast moving car to jump down- it would hav been manslaughter.We had to stop, i beat the hell out of her she crawled under the car and more than two dozen cars had to crowd round us cos people following thought it was a kidnap attempt. That was five years ago.

But since that day, the lose screw in her head tightened back and she has been very pliable, very amenable now. We are married now and no issues- she is the most humble wife you can think of- and i dont threaten her or try to lord over her- no. Just a loving relationship, but she has it at the back of her mind, this her husband can be a beast if he decides to.

She initially never liked my own friends and people around me- just her own people and friends- but now the tide has changed- its more my people around us now and my friends and no one complains- she always has a nice demeanour towards everyone. Matter of fact, as I speak, she is not just in family home, two cities away, but has even followed my mum to our village home- they have a great relationsnhip and I am happy.

This was a very very refractive woman who made our relationship hell- of all of us who dated it was difficult for any one man to get a handle on her, but I have tamed her and we have a wonderful relationship. Infact, right now, she is the one putting in all the effort to make the marriage work while I just cross my legs and watch her in amusement.

I think the single most decisive moment in our relationship was that fateful night 3years into our relationship when i beat the hell out of her- that singular moment turned the tables and told her i was firmly in charge.

You may need your own decisive moment too, to save your marriage...and your sanity, if its not too late already

Dnt be surprisd if you see yourself in Heaven or Hell soon, cos ur 'sweet' wifey may jst arrange knife and stab dat head u dey use tink say u be baddo.

OP, TINK AND PRAY ABT IT. Its also possible that she sees u as a softie. Solution is simple, dnt talk 2 her, jst start by refusing her food, dnt commend her in anyting gud she does, infact show dat u cn make her life a living hell, if she is stil like dat, then investigate who her advicers are and arrange hw 2 deal with them. B4 u finish, she wil ask wats happening (if she values d marriage), THEN U NW TALK 2 HER.

2 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Guidette(f): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2014
apache77:

Nawa o. Didnt know people support DV like this in Naija. Shey women are properties like goats that should be beaten,eh? Lesson learnt. I am not marrying a Nigerian man ever. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Li2jully(f): 12:49am On Jan 07, 2014
prayer is d master key to any problm ur facin
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Guidette(f): 12:53am On Jan 07, 2014
ladyinred: New things I've learnt today abt marriage, based on the OP and some comments on here,
1. when 2 consenting adults hv s*x without protectn and sum1 ends up pregnant, d girl was trying 2 trap d guy into marriage all along.
2. for some men, when it comes 2 family, wives don't count: it's jst their parents, children and siblings.
3. for those men magnanimous enuf 2 think of their wives as family, said wives r d least important members of d family, and ofcourse replaceable.
4. ur mother must always come b4 ur wife- always strive 2 make mummy happy even at wifey's xpense: never mind abt ur wife. she doesn't count anyway.
5. it's ok for u and ur parents 2 decide where ur kids live and where they shld spend their holidays without informing d kids' mother b4 hand. Reason? Refer to 4.
6. a husband is d commander-in-chief of his wife: anything he says, goes. No arguments. Absolute obedience is required from Wifey at all times.
7. any wife dat 4gets her place and shows her humanity, is a witch.
8. if ur wife starts saying no to certain things u do, or starts having a mind of her own and stops being ur doormat, u've 2 show her who's d boss.
9. start by scolding and threatening her. if that doesn't wrk, corporal punishment is required: Slapping, kicking, flogging, punching and back-flipping are all viable options. Just make sure she gets d message. Beat her to submission.
10. when u're bored with 9, throw her out of ur house. Afterall, she's disposable.
Happy married life, people!
You read my mind. I cant marry any man who thinks like this which is more than half of the Nigerian population. The way forward for me now looks like an
Oyinbo man. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by opetu: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by solomon111(m): 1:06am On Jan 07, 2014
It's only when the story comes from the man that people will want to hear from both sides.
Many women come here on a daily basis to demonize their partners and everybody will just swallow their story hook,line and sinker,without trying to listen or get the point of view of the other partner.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 07, 2014
Bros, marriage is no longer for better for worse. If she doesn't want to change, which I believe she wouldn't want to, divorce her. Let her join marriage labour market and feel it. She is raising her shoulders now maybe because she believes as a medical doctor, she will never lack, but I tell her, a husband is like a canopy over a woman. One more thing, bros, I think you treat her as if you are afraid to loose her and that's to her advantage. Instead of fasting and praying yourself out at nights while she enjoys her night, brosie, deal with her pysically and emotionally so that she will know that Adam has been created before that Eve-IL of a woman undecided

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by segunrot(f): 1:14am On Jan 07, 2014
I truly feel for you and can imagine what you are facing. Though you neglected some foundational and very importantant basics as you didn't give quality time for courtship that would have helped you discuss and thrash some vital issues. Matters like marriage being an institution that you don't skip any of its classes. *There is no blind love anywhere and if you refuse to see at courtship you'll surely see when married.
*Sex is not the true show of love and if it is Prostitutes should be the best lovers
*Most school relationships are not based on true and total love as the school environment doesn't depict the world picture of the world out out there.
*No man (both sexes) is perfect, you are to blend yourselves and work out your own kind of home (no 2 marriages are same)
* Communication is key at every level of marriage-Discuss with her how you feel and what r her fears are too
*What is your family altar like-in fact that could be your major problem especially if you are yet to know Jesus.
*Agree together on how you want in laws in your house
*With God all things are possible.

Friends-Don't cut corners in relationships it has its way of getting back at you. God still help to search for wives and husbands. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 07, 2014
adeola_drg: Men can fall my hand sha..
i tell u,big time!
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Polio: 1:27am On Jan 07, 2014
Women.............Terrible
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by Arialbold: 1:48am On Jan 07, 2014
opetu: .Am not the perfect husband i knw , I have my flaws!!!

well, so far, your story is one sided and we can only see your wife's "flaws"

opetu: i begin to wonda if dis babe is using jazz

hmm...
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by delors(m): 2:17am On Jan 07, 2014
I'm sorry about this. But bro, it's never
R gonna get any better. First step in to break up. Then re-organize urself. Its just the simple logical thing to go. Cheers
Re: What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? by keswagz(m): 2:24am On Jan 07, 2014
devour129: trust me that's what she is doing ! It's crazy but I fear for that guy
So it is gud for lady to b throwing slaps at thier will and for d guy to kip accepting d slaps with smile nd hope abi? i dnt support beating women neither do i support maltreating of guys, i think u shld b fair in judgements (am not a sexist)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Broke "Boys Code" With My Friend And I'm Happy / Why Are Corpers So Promiscuous...? / Wooing A Girl: My Experience In Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.