Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,056 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (28885 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ bashali

I believe the IGBOS will love to see us apart more than even the YORUBAS will. The think tank of 2 countries is not a possibility, likewise, it will drive more chaos to the region. The Peaceful Solution is to unite the Northern Leaders to agree on the AREWA PROJECT. I know down there in the SOUTH, they do not have problem, SINCE 99.99% of them always said, they do not need ANYTHING from us, so it will be easier for them to accept the Division Project.

But the main problem lies from the NORTHERN LEADERS, who are always not Satisfied with the wealth they have, they are always hungry of Oil, we must do something to them to make the AREWA PROJECT, a reality. My Plans are;

Let us collaborate with Oil Drilling Companies like Shell to make a fake report that there is huge deposit of Oil in the North. I am very sure those Oil Hungry People will not like to share the Oil from North with the Southerners, and they will quickly accept our AREWA PROJECT.

The Game has already begin, Uniting all the Emirs is not a problem, but we have to be very logical in presenting this AREWA PROJECT to them, we have to find out the very best part of becoming separate from South West and South East Regions and show it to them.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bilymuse: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2008
Arewa project is a poverty project.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Uche2nna(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2008
bilymuse:

grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2008
what have we archieved with the Unity other than every one fighting for the national cake for his own interest not the collective interest of his people. so for me i think breaking up will be the best this will help every one tap their own human and natural resources for survivor not dependining solely on what comes from niger delta.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2008
BUSHFELLOW:

what have we archieved with the Unity other than every one fighting for the national cake for his own interest not the collective interest of his people. so for me i think breaking up will be the best this will help every one tap their own human and natural resources for survivor not dependining solely on what comes from niger delta.

I totally agree with you.

bilymuse:

What ever, but at least we have peace, you will not blame the Northerners for your own Poverty.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikubch(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2008
i remember while discussing with my dad 4 years ago on the way forward for this country,then i suggested the regional governance and the parliamentary system where each region can determine its own destiny like when we the westerners were very successful with free education,plantations though wild wild west no thanks to feud between awo and akintola,we were better off as a nation than we are presently,lets return to the regions so that we can all exploit our various resources rather than collectively milking the niger delta dry even sorry for the priviledge few who have unabated access to the proceeds from the oil.we are not a serious nation i instist,check my post on privatizing the presidency.i am open to criticism.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by ikubch(m): 12:55am On Sep 21, 2008
i remember while discussing with my dad 4 years ago on the way forward for this country,then i suggested the regional governance and the parliamentary system where each region can determine its own destiny like when we the westerners were very successful with free education,plantations though wild wild west no thanks to feud between awo and akintola,we were better off as a nation than we are presently,lets return to the regions so that we can all exploit our various resources rather than collectively milking the niger delta dry even sorry for the privilege few who have unabated access to the proceeds from the oil.we are not a serious nation i insist,check my post on privatizing the presidency.i am open to criticism.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Ibime(m): 1:20am On Sep 21, 2008
LMMFAO. . . . Bashali is obviously Nigeria1. . . . dis guy dey craze ni!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 3:28am On Sep 21, 2008
ibime, i was away. not around today.  i am yoruba and not a northerner. And why do you think i am the one. and here is it. have you people ever been to the north. And who told you people northerner want to be with you too. una shakara is too much.

And you people are wrong. do you know the north have more viable agric worthy land than the south. Go to nassarawa, niger,kaduna, plateau, bauchi and seen farms. Even this 4 state, their land space is nearly the same size as the south. I have lived there and they have the farm and they would do well if nigeria break up.

On thing about the north is honesty. 90% of  common northerner are honest compare to the south. That the reason why people like IBB are taken them for a raid.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 21, 2008
Nigeria1

Can you provide us some maps on how the division will likely be and remember to give each separating state its own nautical miles grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 4:55am On Sep 21, 2008
Ibime:

LMMFAO. . . . Bashali is obviously Nigeria1. . . . this guy dey craze ni!

grin grin grin grin

I thought I was going nuts. . .
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 21, 2008
nobilia:

Nigeria1

Can you provide us some maps on how the division will likely be and remember to give each separating state its own nautical miles grin
plz, stop encouraging it jor.
Na 2 pages pix he go produce, waste of space
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Sep 21, 2008
don't mind her nigeria1, we are fully behind you. now give us some pictures showing osun state has 50% of the world's gold reserves cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 21, 2008
Ha! You're from Osun State, I see. You and DZ, no wonder cry
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 6:02am On Sep 21, 2008
so what u jealous, at least the state is not littered with good for nothing professors grin
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 21, 2008
What? Am I suppose to be arguing with you over this?

ashiwere
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by H2O2: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2008
Your pessimism about the future of our great-but-underachieving country depresses the bloody shit out of me.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2008
This discussion or debate is what Biafrans has been asking for among Nigerians for many years and I am glad people from North, South, East or West are now seeing reasons and the total folly of one Nigeria as presently constituted, especially in a third world environment.

There are those still using the spread of FEAR to scare people to continue with the present status quo. I still believe that we will make great leap to progress if each region, nation or confederate will control their own destiny. It is a fact that many life improving discoveries comes out of challenges and adverseries and these are the sort the process of nationalising Nigeria will bring.

Many people hated the idea of change and that is not only to Nigerians but the whole world over but people had always brush that notion aside to make progress. The shock of loosing their golden egg, I mean the elite can be lightened by starting the process gradually, through regionalisation, confederation and finally we can part our ways peacefully and can even form economic union to foster trade, communication and aviation etc.
The South East and South South can even agree under such a union to sale their oil to others at a price lower than that of the world market price, just as Venzuela is doing to many non oil producing South American country.

We can agree to have free trade zone that charges no VAT and other duties on essential goods, just like the European Union. The North can use southern seaport with a concession duty rate just as Ethiopia with Djibouti, when Eritrea left with their seaport and Ethiopian being landlocked, South African with Botswana too.

And within that process people can easily and carefully choose wherre they will like to be and the future of their children. You don't want to create another scenario like Nigeria, where people of no inclination were lumped together for administrative purposes, only for the next generation not only hated it and it beomes a theatre of in-fighting among them.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2008
the word nigeria cannot work the reason it worked before was because it was regional government so everyone has a responsibility to provide for its people. the so called federal system is nothing but a unitary system of government. we are not practising federallism in the real sense of the word federalism. if we are every state will have powers and the center will be weak but now we have so much power at the center for selfish reasons. any what am i writing this long story for the truth is Nigeria should go.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
"LMMFAO. . . . Bashali is obviously Nigeria1"

I could bet my last dime that they are one and the same.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2008
yemmye, because i did not reply ibime quickly does not mean i agree with him, i have a website that generate about 50,000 pages a day and i host it too and it was down and i need to rewrite some of the codes that was why i was busy.  why do you want to waste your money. And how on earth do you believe the north would be scared that they need me to fight for them.? why do you think they need me to fight for them. you do not sound logical.

And you think the north is not doing their own political calculation. ever smart group is doing their,  you see many northerner have seen the satellite pictures of nigeria over here. and not all northerner believe the census. many out here who have seen the picture, knows the census was 419. and the north do not need me to fight for them. do a google search of any university in the USA. and look for a northerner lecturer in that univeristy. Call him from nigeria and ask him if he as not seen the satellite picture and what they think about it. they would tell you what they think.

Not every northerner is a 419, that want to alter the census figure , do you think bala usman was a yorubaman too. here is another of our problem . so every northerner must support fraud, NO.

Look General buhari , orji kalu can see this pictures would not go to the supreme court again, that another reason i am pasting the pictures. so that they could know, they never won the election 2007.  it is just an issue of population.

Where the yorubas who constitute 30% voted was were that won, i do not want to name party but do the maths yourself. It may be a wrong decision that many believe is hunting the yorubas today that obasanjo and chief bode george and others made our people to vote for yar adua and he turn back to stab them but that is life. but that should not still make me want to lie to remove him in power. at least God would see that out of a open godly heart of rotational presidency was the reason they took the decision to make him president, so that every nigerian may feel they belong.    And in 2011 the yorubas who becomes president, so let them continue to offer president yar adua wrong advice. his adviser know thier own motives.

But the God that see all of us , will judge all of us. yorubas would says "Adabi ja ju ogun lo."  We the yorubas hand over every cheating we are suffering now to God, but we know  it would not last for long take my word for it.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2008
yemmy download a copy of the satellite picture in your house and see your town or village for yourself. nobody is telling you a lie. the yorubas constitute over 30% of nigeria population and come 2011 . that 30% would determine by God grace where the president would go in 2011.

http://earth.google.com/

you have the prof version. with better pictures.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

yemmy download a copy of the satellite picture in your house and see your town or village for yourself. nobody is telling you a lie. the yorubas constitute over 30% of nigeria population and come 2011 . that 30% would determine by God grace where the president would go.

http://earth.google.com/

you have the prof version. with better pictures.

Nigeria1, you and this your obsession with google earth, every problem to you is solve by a satelite image. Who give a f**k about who rule Nigeria in 2011, we are talking about peaceful separation and you are going on about a sinking ship. It shows that many Yorubas haven't still got it yet about the future of Nigeria.

Even the Arewa is so bold now, showing off their own independent flag. Show us Oduduwa flag, not google earth nonsense.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2008
eze then join us with our brothers and sisters in republic of benin.

you see if you zoom to the fourth bigger town in jigawa state and you do the calculation of its area coverage. it 0. 275   sq km    and akure is about 70 sq km in coverage.

if you find out how many  of that town in akure the calculation is     

70 divided by 0.275   = 254 of that town ,

for the sixth largest in jigawa state.  which area coverage is 0.0483 sq km    the calculation is

70 divided by 0.0483  =   1449 of that town in akure.

the first largest city in jigawa state hadeija which area coverage is 2.24 sq km , the calculation is.
70 divided by 2.24  = 31

that is you need 31 hadeija 's in jagawa state to make one akure. but said ondo state is 3.4 million and jigawa state is 4 million
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2008
All right Nigeria@1  a.k.a  Bashali, we all agree unanimously that Akure alone  with 3000 nautical miles is more populous than 11 states of the South E and South S   grin grin. That much is obvious from your worthless satellite images. Now can you stop this your population and satellite image terrorism? Omo, don't you know when handshake don pass elbow?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nigeria10: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2008
grafikdon aka yemmy aka ibime . my ip address and bashali is different, do you know what ip address is
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

eze then join us with our brothers and sisters in republic of benin.

you see if you zoom to the fourth bigger town in jigawa state and you do the calculation of its area coverage. it 0. 275 sq km and akure is about 70 sq km in coverage.

if you find out how many of that town in akure the calculation is

70 divided by 0.275 = 254 of that town ,

for the sixth largest in jigawa state. which area coverage is 0.0483 sq km the calculation is

70 divided by 0.0483 = 1449 of that town in akure.

the first largest city in jigawa state hadeija which area coverage is 2.24 sq km , the calculation is.
70 divided by 2.24 = 31

that is you need 31 hadeija 's in jagawa state to make one akure. but said ondo state is 3.4 million and jigawa state is 4 million

More reason you should be bold to be on your own but you are the only stooped in maintaining one Nigeria by all means despite your phoony statistics.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by grafikdon: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

grafikdon  aka yemmy aka ibime . my ip address and bashali is different, do you know what ip address is

Yes o. . . IP address = [b]I[/b]mage[b] P[/b]opulation address . . .  grin

Tell it to someone who's never seen a computer before. . .
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Planner(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2008
All right Nigeria@1  a.k.a  Bashali, we all agree unanimously that Akure alone  with 3000 nautical miles is more populous than 11 states of the South E and South S    . That much is obvious from your worthless satellite images. Now can you stop this your population and satellite image terrorism? Omo, don't you know when handshake don pass elbow
? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sad

You people should a bit patient with nigeria1.  I have tried to understand his point of argument (to no avail).
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
Should all be mindful when talking about Arewa's Economy, you have to do your Research before coming up with a Judgement. Arewa has Gold reserves in so many areas, including Kano. Yes, Kano. For more information, check this out http://www.rmrdc.gov.ng/MineralRawMaterials/Gold.htm.

Arewa can support itself with the vast number of Solid Minerals we have. We do not need Oil to survive. Resources are abundant all over the Niger area (aka Nigeria). North, South-West, South-East, South-South, all have abundant Resources, but because of the Oil Wealth and its high demand, all the other Minerals have been neglected, which is very very very wrong.

By the Grace of God, Arewa, Odua, Biafra, will become great Countries in the world, if divided. It is our own so-called Political Leaders that are enjoying the Oil Commissions every day that are always against this notion, else, we would have been separate since.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2008
auwal87:

Should all be mindful when talking about Arewa's Economy, you have to do your Research before coming up with a Judgement. Arewa has Gold reserves in so many areas, including Kano. Yes, Kano. For more information, check this out http://www.rmrdc.gov.ng/MineralRawMaterials/Gold.htm.

Arewa can support itself with the vast number of Solid Minerals we have. We do not need Oil to survive. Resources are abundant all over the Niger area (aka Nigeria). North, South-West, South-East, South-South, all have abundant Resources, but because of the Oil Wealth and its high demand, all the other Minerals have been neglected, which is very very very wrong.

By the Grace of God, Arewa, Odua, Biafra, will become great Countries in the world, if divided. It is our own so-called Political Leaders that are enjoying the Oil Commissions every day that are always against this notion, else, we would have been separate since.
I cant wait to see you people start taping your mineral resources ah thank God. But dont forget ACF called the nothern governors and the onrtherners bunch of lazy people that they depend on the oil from the South south to survive.

I f the northerners are serious minded people who realy want to go their way by now they should have started to tap thier own resources.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 22, 2008
yemmy download a copy of the satellite picture in your house and see your town or village for yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17)

Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance / See The Colourful Suit Timipre Sylva Rocked In Abuja Today. Photo / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.