Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Should Nigeria Be Divided? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (28888 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / NNPC To Be Divided Into Five Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Lashmo: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
We should keep the pressure on, its not about weapons this time around lets keep talking , let us have more of forums like this , the people we are dealing with will stop at nothing to quell any insurgencies, we have to be tactical , people like wole soyinka is sleeping , let us ginger them up, its not going to be easy we have to free nigeria from these animals , they have no conscience , they gain from Nigeria remaining one, To your tent O Isreal, Yorubas will survive without Oil money , it is the politicians who wants to protect their ill gotten wealth, Look at USA its not as if there is no corruption but the system was designed to catch you  even if you got away with it initially, but look at the issue of National ID card schem, let us know how many people are living in Nigeria, but they dont want to do it, it was intentional, our poeple are very skilled in fraud, but let me tell you something today that this shit wont go away if we stop talking, e je ka maa bawon so, one day, it shall be well if not with us but the generation unborn,
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2008
auwal87:

Check it out, it is only 2,500 Kms from Tripoli to Kano, and Kano is about 1,000 Kms away from Lagos. Tripoli is a city besides the sea in Libya.

By all means get your imports from Libya. If it means we get to live in peace all the best.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
This whole 'Nigeria' of a thang is goin to end up in another brutal war. The 3 major ethnic groups need to X out in peaceful terms real soon. I'm tired of this the difference in culture and stuff. I think if we split up, Yorubaland would develop faster.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2008
jockey112:

Arnold1 stop wasting your time debating this post. Just read, laugh and understand why nigeria ( their country ) is so backward. You wonder why niger rep. should now be a model for nigeria.Very soon the likes of them we return to nigeria ( their country ) with a doggy diploma degree from one arab country and before you know wetin dey happen e don become minister of this and that. very shameful indeed.

True talk my brother. very very shameful like you said.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
9jacrip:

This whole 'Nigeria' of a thang is goin to end up in another brutal war. The 3 major ethnic groups need to X out in peaceful terms real soon. I'm tired of this the difference in culture and stuff. I think if we split up, Yorubaland would develop faster.

Yes, but I think the igbos will fare a bit better. The igbo govt (at the center) just has to work on collecting taxes and upgrade
its infrastructure. Other than that, they are set !

As it is now, I think the west (yorubas) are a bit more dependent on oil than the east. But the
west has lagos working in its favor.

Any how, I don't see Nigeria splitting until all the oil and gas in the Niger delta is completed depleted.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
The only with an Igbo alone country is that, there be just too many money ritualist, dangerous drug barons, too many okija, too many armed robbers etc

But they would be the best footballing nation in Africa.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2008
Let us Vote and See
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
Auwal for a 21 year old girl, i don't know what to say. Tried and make more friends, especially those from the south. Also try and read more magazines (times, economists etc) maybe, just may be u ,
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2008
yemmyse:

Auwal for a 21 year old girl, i don't know what to say. Tried and make more friends, especially those from the south. Also try and read more magazines (times, economists etc) maybe, just may be u , 

Ewoooo, i'm not a Girl
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by RibaduFan(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
ok boy, makes it even worse
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
Well well, I have so many friends from the South South, South East, and South West, not 1 or 10, but in I know many. Magazines? I read them sometimes, but I prefer to see things with my own eyes, do you know how many times I have been to the Niger Delta? Cannot count, may be you have never been there, or how many times I have been to Oshodi, or PH. I have been to so many places in the South, but the story is all the same, Nigeria where ever you go is all the same.

What are you trying to figure out, I am a Kid? or What? Well, Yes, I am a Kid, that is what dumbs always think, Kids cannot do anything, so they are kept aside. Well, in this case, Kids I mean Youths!
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by auwal87(m): 12:11am On Sep 18, 2008
See the Beautiful Map of UAE (United Arewa Emirates)

More coming soon

Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 12:44am On Sep 18, 2008
did this dude just claim kwara(70% yoruba) along with benue(tiv,idoma,jukun) as part of the UAE.  u have issues if u think nigeria's borders can be split that easily. the middle-belt are not part of the hausa-fulani alliance. an example of this divide is the predominantly christian plateau and benue state.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 1:00am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

I was just going to write this exact thing before I saw your post.

Quotasyste is calling yorubas cowards; What then do you call Ojukwu who ran away in the height of the biafra
war rather than standing firm on what he supposedly believed in ?

It was the yorubas that put so much pressure on Abacha that led his administration to collapse
and brought about the democracy we have today. Make we hear word abeg

If I remembered correctly, a coward is the one that saw a war and ran, and if I remembered correctly Ojukwu was with Biafrans through out the war but left at the very end of the war, he physically fought battles in the war of which I can personally testify because he fought with my company in one of the fiercest battle in Ogoja and Obudu, he fought physically at Oguta sector, so how this translate into being a coward bugs me.  The annoyance of people like you was that they wanted a war trophy in Ojukwu but failed and that is what all the coward jibes are all about.

99% of ANC leadership including Oliver Tambo fought aparthide from exile, will that be transmitted too as cowardise? Or their place in history anywhere tainted? Isn't a living dog greater than a dead lion? Do you think I Biafrans would have preffered their leader himiliated? Which is what you are disappointed about more than anything.

You calling a person that had actually tried at all a coward, against you who will die at the sound of blown car tyre, let alone the sound of a gun.

Ojukwu is no longer the issue and since then what have you done to better Ojukwu? I kept asking this question to every Yoruba man that always call the war senseless:
1. When will you fight your sensible own war?
2. Why is it that you are the only group bending forward and backward to keep one Nigeria?
3. Even the North has in the past wanted to leave Nigerian marriage, except you, can we know why?
4.What did you do when they took the capital from Lagos to Abuja?
5.Why did you advise MKO to run to abroad at the height of June 12 aftermath but turn cheek to call Ojukwu a coward in a real war theatre?
6.When Ojukwu was insisting at Aburi, the whereabout of Ironsi and his host, what was your support effort toward Ironsi's host that disappeared too?
7.When Ojukwu was insisting at Aburi that Ogundipe or Adebayo should take charge instead of a junior officer in Gowon, what was your response because of fear including Ogundipe and Adebayo themselves?
8.The Ojukwu that vow never to salute his army junior and Yoruba generals (Ogundipe/Adebayo) that stooped low and saluted Gowon their junior officer, who is the real man or the real wimpets?

You have no right to insult Ojukwu, unless you can better what he did at the age of just 30.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2008

You have no right to insult Ojukwu, unless you can better what he did at the age of just 30.

I have every right to insult Ojukwu just as Quotasyste has called all yorubas cowards.

The bottom line is that, Ojukwu fled for Ivory Coast at the heat of the Biafran war rather
than standing up for what he supposedly believed in.

Adolf Hitler stood to the end as ruler of Germany and when he saw that he had been completely
caved in by the russians in the east and allied troops in the west, he took a gun and shot himself.

He didn't flee like your cowardly Ojukwu did.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 1:17am On Sep 18, 2008
yemmyse:

The only with an Igbo alone country is that, there be just too many money ritualist, dangerous drug barons, too many okija, too many armed robbers etc

But they would be the best footballing nation in Africa.

If all the problems you highlighted are only perculiar to the Biafrans, then let it be a challenge to the Biafrans.
On the other hand, if you can tell me a Nigerian town without a shrine and why Okija is perculiar for your amusement then I will tell you an antarctica without snow.
The word Babalowo is not an Igbo word, tell me what a Babalowo or Ebami Eda does for a living?

Till date, the 70s robber called Oyelusi still remain the king of all armed robbers in Nigerian history, because, not only that he rob with impunity, he kill his victims, then will took their lifeless bodies home, skin them and keep their skulls and femur as trophies before he was caught with 34 of such trophies, so crime has no boundary. Depending on how old you are, if you haven't heard of Oyelusi, ask your parents.
The two people on record ever to be executed for drug trafficking in Nigeria history are not Igbos, again ask your parents. The same old outdated stereotype of Igbos loving money, while the rest of you hated it, then I believe the fact that Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ or IBB are not Igbos but we knew their polished history with money and love of money.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

I believe the fact that Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ or IBB are not Igbos but we knew their polished history with money and love of money.

You are right. They are not Igbos, but Chuba Okadigbo is definately igbo:

Accusations against Senate President Chuba Okadigbo

1. Bought another eight official cars for $290,000 bringing his total of official vehicles to 32
2. Spent $225,000 on garden furniture for his luxury government house
3. Spent $340,000 furnishing the home to his taste, $120,000 over the authorised budget
4. The unauthorised purchased a massive generating and inflated the price to $135,000
5. Accepted a secret payment of $208,000 from public funds

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/871677.stm

And Sam Egwu is definately igbo:

The Billions former Governor Sam Egwu Stole
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 1:35am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

I have every right to insult Ojukwu just as Quotasyste has called all yorubas cowards.

The bottom line is that, Ojukwu fled for Ivory Coast at the heat of the Biafran war rather
than standing up for what he supposedly believed in.

Adolf Hitler stood to the end as ruler of Germany and when he saw that he had been completely
caved in by the russians in the east and allied troops in the west, he took a gun and shot himself.

He didn't flee like your cowardly Ojukwu did.

I think you need to re-check your use of English language because I don't know how six days to the end of a war translated into being at the heat of the war? Ojukwu left and six days later the war ended. You knew nothing about the history you are painting because how will I discuss issue with anyone that makes Hitler a hero of his and anyone that took his own life and which nation would have took Hitler in, Mr History bender?  Ojukwu is alive today and still loved by his people no matter what you say and ageing gracefully, that is what people like you can't stand.

Like I said, he was 30 years old when he fought for his people and before that he had bagged an Oxford University degree, reached the rank of a colonel in the army and a governor too and a custodian of his father's billions, now if somebody can do that within a space of reaching the age of 30 and you are belittling it, tell us how old you are what have you achieved in life except being an arm chair internet war field marshal?

Ndigbo collectively gave Ojukwu the title of Dike Diora Nma and Ikemba, they are not stupid.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 1:38am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

I think you need to recheck you use of English language because I don't know how six day to the end of a war translated into being at the heat of the war, Ojukwu left and six days late the war ended.

It doesn't matter, the bottom line is that he fled like a coward that he truly is and didn't stay and fight to the end or
surrender like true patriots do.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 1:51am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

You are right. They are not Igbos, but Chuba Okadigbo is definately igbo:

Accusations against Senate President Chuba Okadigbo

1. Bought another eight official cars for $290,000 bringing his total of official vehicles to 32
2. Spent $225,000 on garden furniture for his luxury government house
3. Spent $340,000 furnishing the home to his taste, $120,000 over the authorised budget
4. The unauthorised purchased a massive generating and inflated the price to $135,000
5. Accepted a secret payment of $208,000 from public funds

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/871677.stm

And Sam Egwu is definately igbo:

The Billions former Governor Sam Egwu Stole

Like I said, you seem to have a bended attitude toward history. You see what you wanted to see in your own myopic mind. Chuba deid almost six years ago and if you write Nigerian history correctly today, Chuba will not be mentioned in negatives, he was the first to alert Nigerians about Obasanjo and they conspired to dent his name and killed him too and only now that Nigerians has known the truth about what Chuba did except minds like you. I hope you knew the difference between accusation against proof or conviction. Who was it that accused Chuba and what was the result of the accusation till now?

To you crime has boundary, that is why you remebered Egwu and forgot Akala, Fayose or lately Ladoja. I am not holding brief for Egwu but I think he is whatever he is not because he is an Igboman but because he became what he wanted to be, same goes for the others I mentioned and that is why Nigerian is a failed state because there are people like you and also thinks like you all over the affairs of the nation, making decision that affect ordinary Igboman with this sort of biased and stereotypical sickness.

You need pitied.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 1:57am On Sep 18, 2008

To you crime has boundary, that is why you remebered Egwu and forgot Akala, Fayose or lately Ladoja.

The same reason you only remembered Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ and IBB here:

Eziachi:

If all the problems you highlighted are only perculiar to the Biafrans, then let it be a challenge to the Biafrans.
On the other hand, if you can tell me a Nigerian town without a shrine and why Okija is perculiar for your amusement then I will tell you an antarctica without snow.
The word Babalowo is not an Igbo word, tell me what a Babalowo or Ebami Eda does for a living?

Till date, the 70s robber called Oyelusi still remain the king of all armed robbers in Nigerian history, because, not only that he rob with impunity, he kill his victims, then will took their lifeless bodies home, skin them and keep their skulls and femur as trophies before he was caught with 34 of such trophies, so crime has no boundary. Depending on how old you are, if you haven't heard of Oyelusi, ask your parents.
The two people on record ever to be executed for drug trafficking in Nigeria history are not Igbos, again ask your parents. The same old outdated stereotype of Igbos loving money, while the rest of you hated it, then I believe the fact that Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ or IBB are not Igbos but we knew their polished history with money and love of money.

Why are you mentioning only Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ and IBB and not mentioning Okadigbo, Sam Egwu, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani ?

You answer the same question first.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:00am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

It doesn't matter, the bottom line is that he fled like a coward that he truly is and didn't stay and fight to the end or
surrender like true patriots do.

And I am sure that you are one of the true patriots "arm chair field marshal"? The day you will qualify equal to Ojukwu's index finger, that day only you can qualify to even mention his name.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 2:05am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

And I am sure that you are one of the true patriots "arm chair field marshal"? The day you will qualify equal to Ojukwu's index finger, that day only you can qualify to even mention his name.

You calling me names has not explained why Ojukwu cowardly fled to Ivory Coast rather than fighting to the end
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:14am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

The same reason you only mentioned Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ or IBB here:

Why are you mentioning Tafa Balogun, Abacha, OBJ and IBB and not mentioning Okadigbo, Sam Egwu, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani ?

You answer the same question first.

Useless idiot.

Ha, I saw the useless idiot bit coming. Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was only trying to educate you that crime has no boundary because according to you Igbos are criminal despite the fact that they have only rule Nigeria from the begining till date for just six months but things are in a mess and we knew those ruling Nigeria, that is why I was reminding you names that are not Igbos but seems to have something to do withh economic crimes. If you're interested in Igbo criminal in and outside governement I will be willing to give it to you. That is my point.

The issue was a person like you that haven't handle a candle stick is calling a person of Ikemba's statu a coward, what does that make you? I can't even see you qualifying to clean his house. Can you? What is your achievement in life as we speak? Because in that war I fought at the young age of 19 to defend my personal dignity and that of my nation, so I have seen war, tears and blood. So that is why I will measure my word before I call anybody that saw action "a coward", whether being an enermy or friend.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by bawomolo(m): 2:15am On Sep 18, 2008
Ojukwu and his overzealousness caused more harm than good to the igbo people. using child soldiers
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:19am On Sep 18, 2008
bawomolo:

Ojukwu and his overzealousness caused more harm than good to the igbo people. using child soldiers

And let Ndigbo be the judge of that. You can't cry more than the beareved, can you?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 2:26am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

Ha, I saw the useless idiot bit coming. Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was only trying to educate you that crime has no boundary

You educating who ? I have more education than you can ever dream of.

Eziachi:

because according to you Igbos are criminal

Wrong, not according to me. I placed up the bbc link and the other one making
this claim against Okadigbo and Sam Egwu not igbos. If you have a problem with their accusation, please take it up with
them, not me.

Eziachi:

despite the fact that they have only rule Nigeria from the begining till date for just six months but things are in a mess and we knew those ruling Nigeria, that is why I was reminding you names that are not Igbos but seems to have something to do withh economic crimes. If you're interested in Igbo criminal in and outside governement I will be willing to give it to you. That is my point.

The only point you are making is trying to point out everyone else's flaws as if you have no flaws of your own. You made
reference to the Baloguns, OBJ, IBB and Abacha, as if people from the north and west are the only corrupt
ones in Nigeria. You have made no point whatsoever other than this.

Eziachi:

The issue was a person like you that haven't handle a candle stick is calling a person of Ikemba's statu a coward,

I am sorry if you feel bad, but your Ikemba or whatever, did not stand by his people to the end and that is cowardly
behavior in every dictionary known to man.

Eziachi:

what does that make you? I can even see you qualifying to clean his house.

Again, you bad mouthing me has not made Ojukwu any less of a coward

Eziachi:

Can you? What is your achievement in life as we speak? Because in that war I fought at the young age of 19 to defend my personal dignity and that of my nation, so I have seen war, tears and blood. So that is why I will measure my word before I call anybody that saw action "a coward", whether being an enermy or friend.

I applaud you for fighting, but if you notice, I have not called you a coward. I called Ojukwu a coward and I stand by
my word.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:28am On Sep 18, 2008
Arnold1:

You calling me names has not explained why Ojukwu cowardly fled to Ivory Coast rather than fighting to the end

Nobody is calling you any out of place name. Believe it or not, Ndigbo persuaded Ojukwu to leave because they don't want him as a war trophy for Nigerians because that would have been the greatest blow, seen him paraded in the streets of Lagos as a war booty.

That is the answer to your question and it's no secret and that is why many Nigerians were angry and nothing more. Like I said, I don't know what you understand, fighting to the end means.

So I you think e didn't do enough, why don't you do something, all the issues he fought for are today in two fold, he had been vindicated.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 2:32am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

Nobody is calling you any out of place name. Believe it or not, Ndigbo persuaded Ojukwu to leave because they don't want him as a war trophy for Nigerians because that would have been the greatest blow, seen him paraded in the streets of Lagos as a war booty.

That is the answer to your question and it's no secret and that is why many Nigerians were angry and nothing more. Like I said, I don't know what you understand, fighting to the end means.

So I you think e didn't do enough, why don't you do something, all the issues he fought for are today in two fold, he had been vindicated.

A patriotic leader would either die fighting or be caught alive rather than flee to luxury in Ivory Coast. That is cowardly behavior.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Eziachi: 2:37am On Sep 18, 2008
I think this is an unending argument. The way I see it is like this: a civilian at home drinking his tea decided to call an army commander in a real war a coward to the displeasure of real members of his troops he fought with in that war real war.

And this is not a Hollywood movie, it's real and I am an eye witness. I will debate the merits of heroeism in war with you the day you join the army or achieve what Ojukwu achieved at his age in the 60s and if suicide is regarded as heroism in your land, well in my land we say, he who fight and left will live to fight another day and seeing Ojukwu alive today makes our day eventhough you wanted him to commit suicide if possible, just to prove a point to you.

If that is the case men like Oliver Thambo should be ashamed of themselves for fleeing South Africa.

If it makes sense to you, it will make sense to me too
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 2:38am On Sep 18, 2008
bawomolo:

He was really overzealous indeed wink
Re: Should Nigeria Be Divided? by Arnold1(m): 2:43am On Sep 18, 2008
Eziachi:

I think this is an unending argument. T[b]he way I see it is like this: a civilian at home drinking his tea decided to call an army commander in a real war a coward to the displeasure of real members of his troops he fought with in that war real war. [/b]

And this is not a hollywood movie, it's real and I am an eye witness.
If it makes sense to you, it will make sense to me too

[b]You are just saying this because the man belongs to your ethnic tribe. If someone else had done this, you'll
be the first to call him a coward j[/b]ust like you were quick to label Tafa Balogun, OBJ, Abacha and IBB
as corrupt but left out Sam Egwu, Okadigbo, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani as if they are saints.

You are obviously biased in your thinking. In your eyes, igbos are perfect people and all others are the
bad ones. shio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Those Who Brought Buhari Will End Up In His Stomach — Fayose / Sanwo-Olu's Representative Booed At The Experience 2021 (Video) / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.