Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Igbo Women Are Too Demanding - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Women Are Too Demanding (18113 Views)

Beautiful Igbo Women / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by agaba123(m): 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2008
LadyT:

How the hell is it pot calling kettle black?

I will explain to you how the heaven it is pot calling the kettle black.

when you segregate across tribal lines in Nigeria and keep looking at each other as inferior; when you use derogatory word to address people from other tribes not yours; when you believe that your tribe is superior and another inferior in whatever way, you are exhibiting your primodial instinct which is what you see in the whites and you nickname it racism.

Segegration is the same not minding where it is coming from.

That is the heaven how it is the pot calling the kettle black
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

Osisi I'd appreciate it if you don't treat me like I'm a kid. I'm smarter than the nonsense you are trying to pull. Amazing how that's the only quote of yours you seem to remember

Have you also forgotten this

Seems you forgot this one as well

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=87065.0;num_replies=53

Abi you're not nwado? Is this one about stereotypes too?

Notice how most of her responses in regards to Yorubas has to do with Yorubas being supposedly dirty. Always "hearing". What makes you different from Funmi sef? I heard this. I heard that. At least when I 'hear" something, I actually have proof of it.

abeg go and sit down or you can continue weeping all over Nairaland because you still can't believe that Igboland treats widows just as horribly as everyone else. Amazing how you claim you never heard of such yet you CONSTANTLY "heard" about how dirty Yorubas are.

keep "hearding" and whining, sho gbo  grin

For clarity this was my whole post since this girl cherishes half baked truths.
let me post what I said in reference to some Yoruba who started a thread that Igbos don't use toilet paper.

could it be that the family you are talking about had no water to flush so they use paper?
Now a thread about Igbos have resulted from this. 

I heard Yorubas are very dirty and use their bare hands to wipe their baby's bottom after a bowel movement and would just wipe the hands off on their wrapper and sell you akara with the same hand.
I even hear they have a long open gutter between the "face me I face you "yard and after defecating they just pour a cup of water to move the doo doo away from their doormot.
Now is that a fact?

If indeed a yard had the above quality and a dirty woman selling akara displayed poor hygiene,does that describe Yorubas?
In other words did she do it because she was Yoruba or because she was dirty?

Now you see how stupid your thread is?

and I was responding to this.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-87065.0.html#msg1598352

If I addressed you like a child that's because you're acting like one.
cherry picking again to deceive the readers
Any reasonable person would know that post was debunking stereotypes again and not subscribing to them.
You are beginning to really surprise me with your reasoning.

If you're angry that the Nigerian stereotype about Yorubas is that they are dirty why are you not angry that the Igbo stereotype is that we are 419ers?

The highlighted part actually makes you a liar.

I don't have your time to to sift through old threads but on at least 3 different ocassions,the Igbo widows drinking bathwater has been your constant diss on Igbos.

and I challenged you to give links which you did
(not that I couldn't use google )
But lo and behold,your link showed that Yorubas and edos did same.
It has absolutely nothing to do with who treated widows  better.
It was you and your ready Igbo diss debunked.

If you knew Yorubas and edos did it,why would you constantly tell us of Igbos doing it using nollywood as your proof?
wouldn't it be silly to accuse someone of something you also do?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by ifyalways(f): 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2008
lol
Deepzone don fart again cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2008
LadyT:

How the hell is it pot calling kettle black?

T-Mobile  tongue

But lo and behold,your link showed that Yorubas and edos did same.
It has absolutely nothing to do with who treated widows  better.

Wghat is wrong with you? Are you so filled with hatred that you can't read again? Please show me in that thread where I said it ONLY happens in Igboland or one person treats another one better. Word twister. You think Im surprised by your schtick? This isnt your first and it wont be the last. How many times have I said that my point was to prove that Igboland is NOT excluded of such practices.

Is it REALLY that hard for you to comprehend?

Keep crying about Nollywood there. Apparently movies based on a person's true life experience is a new thing to you people. Pathetic. Were the links provided also Nollywood? Abeg take your hysteria elsewhere

Once again being in denial of it isnt going to make it go away. Keep whining.

The reason this thread got to this point is because you had the audacity to say only Igbo bashing happens on NL. Better contact Pearl Vision or Lens Crafters. If anyone is a liar it's you. Why wont you see the Yoruba bashing when you part of them? keep in mind it's cios of nonsense like this you usually pull that we used to argue worse than this in the past

Other people might not know the garbage you've been guilty of saying but I do.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Danke: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2008
now Karma and osisi its enough

else im kicking u lot out of this thread tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
Igbo girls are some of the best chics you can ask for. yoruba girls come a close second.

An igbo woman knows how to pamper her man well.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Danke: 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

Igbo girls are some of the best chics you can ask for. yoruba girls come a close second.

cool
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

Now I agree with that one!
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2008
make I go drink water from my baff grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2008
plus_Queen:

make I go drink water from my baff grin
have compassion on them as they say

DavidDylan:

bro david. you want to cause another ethnic war on nairaland. the truth must never be said here.  you know there are some temperamental kids let loose on NL looking for people to abuse.

well you are a child of light so the light of truth is permitted to shine and where possible cause offense and injury to the lawless
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

you know, when you say these things, you should also add a side note explaining that you're half-Igbo ( Igbo mom). So people understand where you're coming from. Nothing wrong with admiring Igbo women, if your mom is one.

But before people start jumping up to say: "oh look- even a Yoruba man agrees that Igbo women are better than Yoruba women" or some such tribal mentality. Its all about tact and sensitivity.

Never mind the fact that Igbos will still see you as Yoruba anyway. So the stereotypes still apply to you. Believe it or not.

Lol you do have a point but my opinion is not based entirely on having igbo family. I lived all my life among the yoruba so i've had a chance to see both sides and i can say without a doubt that if i was forced to make a choice btw igbo or yoruba i'd pick igbo in a heart beat.

I dont bother about stereotypes.

@ JJYOU . . . no wahala . . . no strife on my watch  grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

you know, when you say these things, you should also add a side note explaining that you're half-Igbo ( Igbo mom). So people understand where you're coming from. Nothing wrong with admiring Igbo women, if your mom is one.

But before people start jumping up to say: "oh look- even a Yoruba man agrees that Igbo women are better than Yoruba women" or some such tribal mentality. Its all about tact and sensitivity.

Never mind the fact that Igbos will still see you as Yoruba anyway. So the stereotypes still apply to you. Believe it or not.
you peeps dont do war in NZ?  point well made
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Danke: 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

so what is the truth?

the truth is-------------igbo ,yoruba,edo,hausa,calabar r all one grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tope2000(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

Lol you do have a point but my opinion is not based entirely on having igbo family. I lived all my life among the yoruba so i've had a chance to see both sides and i can say without a doubt that if i was forced to make a choice between igbo or yoruba i'd pick igbo in a heart beat.
I don't bother about stereotypes.

shocked shocked shocked
I knew u were lying all along angry angry angry angry tongue

the truth is-------------igbo ,yoruba,edo,hausa,calabar r all one grin grin grin

AMEN cheesy
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

Wghat is wrong with you? Are you so filled with hatred that you can't read again

Nothing
and I hate no one.

Is it REALLY that hard for you to comprehend?
even those who hate me have always acknowledged that God blessed me with mucho intelligence

Keep crying about Nollywood there. Apparently movies based on a person's true life experience is a new thing to you people. Pathetic. Were the links provided also Nollywood?

you are the nollywood guru.
I just found out who RMD was the other day and made a thread about his Ikebe,I have other sources of knowledge

Abeg take your hysteria elsewhere

To wisteria lane?

Once again being in denial of it isnt going to make it go away. Keep whining.

let the readers make that decision who the liar and whiner is

The reason this thread got to this point is because you had the audacity to say only Igbo bashing happens on NL. Better contact Pearl Vision or Lens Crafters. If anyone is a liar it's you. Why wont you see the Yoruba bashing when you part of them? keep in mind it's cios of nonsense like this you usually pull that we used to argue worse than this in the past

if debunking stereotypes or sticking it to a tribalist pains you,drink paracetamol or APC

Other people might not know the garbage you've been guilty of saying but I do.

from the 2 you posted,they're yet to see it,go back and research more,you have the strength I see.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2008
tope2000:

shocked shocked shocked
I knew u were lying all along angry angry angry angry tongue

Nwannem, i still loff my yoruba sisters who know how to do it the igbo way.  grin
Are you sure u're yoruba? Go and check very well o . . .  tongue you dont act like one.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by LadyT(f): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2008
angry
David if I jump on you!

Osisi stop talking about bath water your not dead! and its giving me the creeps.  All our tribes are messed up! I really don't see the need for nit picking.
We can be here all day talking about some Igbo widow drinking her dead husbands bath water. Some Yoruba's who choose to make cuts in their faces to show where they are from.  The northerners who marry 8year olds and others who like to cut off parts of the female privates!
*sigh*

Mister 123 Racists are alive and kicking you dont have to be white to be one.  We blacks are some of the worst we make people question why slavery was abolished theres no pot calling kettle nada here darling!
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tope2000(f): 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

Nwannem, i still loff my yoruba sisters who know how to do it the igbo way.  grin
Are you sure u're yoruba? Go and check very well o . . .  tongue you don't act like one.

Lol . . . .
How does yoruba gal act? tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

there are some Yoruba men [b]married to Igbo women, who would have a different opinion than yours[/b], you know.

Making that kind of general statement is only bound to stoke tribal sentiment, especially since you know how emotional people are over tribe.

You are right, i shldnt have generalised. I know some igbos i wont wish on my enemy.
At the end of the day, we have to admit that experiences will mould our outlook on life. But i suppose its best to look more at the individual than were they're from.

Hence why i'm married to tope2000 even though she isnt igbo  grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2008

Dem don give you chop?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2008
LadyT:

angry
David if I jump on you!

abeg o . . . pls have mercy. grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tope2000(f): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2008
DavidDylan:

You are right, i shldnt have generalised. I know some igbos i wont wish on my enemy.
At the end of the day, we have to admit that experiences will mould our outlook on life. But i suppose its best to look more at the individual than were they're from.

Hence why i'm married to tope2000 even though she isnt igbo   grin
kiss
And you are right, you shudnt generalise
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Danke: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2008
d same tope that was claiming to love hannibobo on another thread,this girl sef,them swear for u angry
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

so what is the truth?

i refer you to the answer the fabulous lady has given you.  the fact is people are just breaking their heads over irrelivant issues here.  my great auntie the agent provocateur is somewhere probably sleeping. sister nwando playing some music and some people taking other treads wahala here.

we are all permitted to see the world differently. i come from benin and yoruba land. my dad people insult my mum people and you guess right my mum people do better than them at it. we dont go to war over it. that is life nigeria style.  i dont understand why some kids want to cut their life short for things they dont have control over

PepERSprAY:

them don give you chop?
you se somebody dont go wake my auntie now
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2008
PepERSprAY:

them don give you chop?

U need deliverance, Hotfunmi!!!
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tope2000(f): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2008

d same tope that was claiming to love hannibobo on another thread,this girl sef,them swear for u angry

Roflamo . . . . .Hannibal is forming na and david is good and ready tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by DavidDylan(m): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2008
tope2000:

Roflamo . . . . .Hannibal is forming na and david is good and ready tongue

tell them abeg, na you biko. grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 11:28pm On Oct 24, 2008
@tope2000 your people need your services here please  
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=187542.msg2989934#msg2989934

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hygiene: What Tips Do You Have To Be Attractive To A Potential Partner? / Blackberry Babes And Grammatical Blunders / Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.