Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46660 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
That dull head General. The debate against Shekarau just posed Buhari as a very dull man who has no articulate way of putting forward his devilish ideas.

Shekarau is an eloquent man, though most of his ideologies I do not buy as a Governor. I congratulate him for making sure the Federal government put a pen to the education fund. But as for Buhari, they don't want the man to put forward his devilish ideas. They would all run from debate.

GEJ, is well versed and would any day anytime put forth his unbiased developmental strides he has in stock for Nigeria. Good a thing it's materialising and we can all see for ourselves.

We don't want those thieves, Amaechi, Buhari, Tinubu and Fashola. These men only want to take what belongs to us and share amongst their family.

I assure you, we will take over Lagos and make it a habitable place for every citizen devoid of financial capability, religion or tribal difference. We will continue to give Nigerians the best of democracy and the education that every Nigerians deserve.

#GEJ2019
#AGBAJEforLAGOS
#WIKEforRIVERS

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by gists: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'll love to see the General take on the presidents on the issues challenging the country. I know GMB will demolish GEJ in any public debate. But for some reasons (may be just a hunch) I have come to trust the decisions of the handlers of APC. They have come this far, crossed so many scary hurdles and have made the right choice over 90% of the time. So even though I am a little disappointed that apc will not take part in the debate, I will just let this pass and wait for feBUHARI 14 when me and my family will do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by fyneboi79(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
ayukdaboss:
I'm fully in support of this. I was really disappointed when I read the news that Buhari was boycotting the Channels TV debate. In my own view, that debate was going to be totally non-partisan and would've provided a level playing field for all Presidential Aspirants. APC should stop trying to influence the General not to debate Jonathan and other aspirants, if it is because of his accent, many Nigerians don't mind as almost every tribe has it's own accent...What is most important is the message being passed across. Why would anyone be scared of debating Jonathan who has failed so woefully?? shocked

Personally I would have even preferred a GEJ vs GMB face-off where both candidates throw direct questions at each other on live TV.
I can bet my life too that Gej can't stand GMB. Let them just let our General go there and floor this man once and for all thereby putting the last nail on the pdp exit coffin.

SAI Buhari
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by maestroferddi: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
aresa:
@ OP. Debate is the least of our worries so I don't get the needless fixation on irrelevant debates, it's nothing but distraction from the main issues affecting Nigerians.

With this kind of thread, you are in effect enabling GEJ with this silly distraction.

Even the news about #GMB#CHANGE not going ahead with the debate is false and bogus .......
Shhhhh!

Just concede that you have been found out.

The games is up for the "shenj" abi na change ruse!

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Eluwilussit(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

Did you look up the meaning of "amiable" before u wrote this? I agree with your submission on the debate issue sha. Your senses Don dey come back small small.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Melancholy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
U can imagine how their flimsy excuse is a direct pointer to buhari's inadequacies as how well unformed he is. Last time i checked, this said pdp sponsored program- NEDG was almost boycotted by gej in 2011 but eventually he later showed up been the only contestant of that debate. This a respecter of disciplined,non-partisan body Nigeria debate group have become over the years. This going to be a big minus to apc among the elites in this country i dont know what credence a local channel holds to that enlisted stations corroborating NEDG when it comes to political education especially in times like this!

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by dustydee: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
I was dumbfounded when Mr Alake suggested the boycott this morning. Mr Buhari should not let this opportunity pass him by. I know he isn't running away form a debate because he has done it in the past and also he has faced tougher scrutiny and came out alright. It is also an opportunity to finish off the PDP given that our president is not very confident when faced with tough questions.

APC please seize this opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by clint77ng: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
And how many of those you mentioned possess a Phd degree. You with ur first degree u no dey fear to argue with a prof? Abegi. U want change and still live in d past, 2007, 2011. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by RotrEmmanuel: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Hope you won't chicken-out when he agrees. But come, why this all of a sudden interest on debates on a man you said is an 'illiterate.'
nawao! What again than to test his illiteracy Quotient grin

show cert, u no gree
come debate, wahala.. how then do u want the masses to believe he is competent Someone who is confident in himself won't let things go this way...

#Buharimustdebate

let hear how he will stabilize global oil price
let's hear how he will end kwowoshion! grin

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
harde2lah:
Buhari is a man of few words but this should not stop him from debating nah haba. I'm not impressed with the APC at all.
Nope, buhari is a man of few ideas. He is vacuous, so barely has anything to say for too long, this is because he want to avoid any goof.

Example: I will stabilize global oil prize.

6 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

thunder fire your mama and papa there

ezi bida
I doubt you have parents. If you do you won't be cursing other people's. What motherless baby home were you adopted, uzu?
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by nduchucks: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
In an environment charged with desperation by PDP and GEJ, a debate sometimes does nothing to enlighten or inform voters.

I'd urge Buhari not to debate and, instead, stand before the voters and press directly, just as he did this morning to "Organized Private Sector" in marina.

The likelihood of personal attacks and water-muddying is so assured that it would be better for Buhari, voters, the dignity of the process and the dignity of the position to cut out the debate theatrics and help voters better understand what Buhari plans for his term in office by standing before them in open forums such as the said Marina meeting which was broadcast by Channels.

SAI BABA
SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
customized13:
Nope, buhari is a man of few ideas. He is vacuous, so barely has anything to say for too long, this is because he wants to avoid any goof.

Example: I will stabilize global oil prize.
Tell me one combatant soldier that talks much?
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

[s]Tell me one combatant soldier that talks much?[/s]

Buhari left combat several years ago. undecided

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
MrPresident1:
A disjointed ramble. All I can see is amiable general, amiable general blah blah blah. OP is lying. Buhari's camp is already preparing for the debate, this is a maneuver by the OP to show that he is not biased in favour of the 'amiable' general.

Amiable general my foot!
read this link below and always get your fact right before taking position. My position is very clear and remains unchanged.
www.channelstv.com/2015/02/02/buhari-will-attend-debate-organised-channels-tv-others-apc/
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by jdleo32(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Obrigardo:
I like you barcanista. You are unbiased even when you support APC. I wonder if pdp supporters can caution the President like you did.

Unbiased ke...

He is only seeking a way out since the heat is to much to bear.He has found himself stucked on a journey too late to turn back. He neither move on or plead for miss leading nairalanders. Here is your penance.

1.Vote GEJ
2.Confess ur true allegiance to TAN
3.Seek Gods mercy, or you might suffer like saul de convert

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Confuciusng(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Abeg, the man is becoming senile and his party knows this, they must have talked about his gaffes in private. Imagine a man that was the chairman of PTF and still doesn't know the difference between oil market, upstream and downstream sector. But he is supposed to be the saviour of Nigeria in an era where the complexity of the world sometimes humbles even the greatest minds in America... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

We should allow the man to rest.. Must he debates? Let face what is real in our country.. 12 days to go.. let all the citizens be vigilant , cast your vote to whom you desired, but remember no blood of a single citizen worth wasting.. May God protects us all.. Happy Nigerian.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Eluwilussit(m): 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
todayboy:
How can buhari who is afraid of debate confront Boko Haram

A million dollar question.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by ChristineC: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
acidtalk:
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE FEBRUARY 14.

* POWER : The power situation of the country will NEVER improve if this government remains in power as the money bags supporting this government are the sole importers of fuel and diesel and the make billions of naira in profit everyday by gaining from the epileptic power situation of the country.

* SECURITY : Billions are budgeted for security but yet nothing to show for it especially in the North East of the country. Jonathan has politicized the military and made it equally Corrupt. The military, police, sss only flex their powers at the opposition and harmless citizens.

*YOUTH EMPOWERMENT : Sure P and the like are money siphoners the government setup to siphon money. Those who needed to benefit from it aren't as every penny is being embezzled by the same government.

*TRANSPORTATION: Before you that pointing at the railways which is Jonathan's ONLY achievement, ask yourself if that is the same kind of coaches us in this present day world. Brazil, Czech, Venezuela, Mexico and others just resuscitated their rail transport and each country spent FARLESS than what our government claimed to have spent and with a more modernized end product.

* ECONOMY : Nigeria's economy is SINKING SERIOUSLY. Whether you believe Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido, and other economist or not, the truth remains that an economy tsunami is about to take place in the coming months. Over 30% of government workers, banks, oil and gas, Marin, insurance, fund managers, manufacturing will be out of job in the next few months. Ngozi Iweala and others can twist figures and refute the truth as much as they can but the truth is about to unviel itself soon.

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by RotrEmmanuel: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
[s]smh I wish you ate here when GEJ ran from debate in 2011, but you ate here typing trash.
go and play with your toy kiddo [/s] incompetency! because GEJ didn't debate in 2011 is not an excuse for buhari to run away in 2015.
He dough AIT, NTA debate! now he was allowed to sponsor his own, why running away?? grin
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by jbichene(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Now that the certificate thing is not working, they've got another lies to disturb us for a week or so – as if they really want to debate.
u seem to be blind or you can't simply understand English ,how on earth is this a lie
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by gists: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
clint77ng:
And how many of those you mentioned possess a Phd degree. You with ur first degree u no dey fear to argue with a prof? Abegi. U want change and still live in d past, 2007, 2011. Nonsense.
Bros, there is a lot difference between having a PhD and being a professor.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by jdleo32(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Obasanjo ☺
Quote me anywhere i will read his book to you.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by shalompeace007: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

May you continue to suffer setback in your miserable life angry angry you this idiott
wif dis behaviour am beginning to see y I don't trust buhari, boko haram on nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful State Capital In Nigeria / Funny Pictures Of Nigerian Politicians / Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.