Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46672 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Jarus(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
Co-signed.

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by orinocopulse: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
Totally agree Barcanista!! It's CHANNELS. Surely they are as unbiased as it gets.

There has not been an official statement for APC, so I hope they reconsider!!!

Debates are a necessary part of an election, especially for people who are undecided to make a choice!!

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari will debate.
- Orlando Owoh.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by successking: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

If GEJ wins in both the debate and election, what will you do?

Remember, Nigerians are aware that freedom is preferable to slavery!

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Rilwayne001: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
shalompeace007:
[s] buhari is d satanist, he said 2015 will be bloody and hez achieving it. Come feb 14th, we will triumph and people like ya will go into hiding. By d way, d rationale behind muhammed bleeping a 9 years old grl and thighing her wen she was 6? Still waiting for d respone. Empiree Zeezahbee Tartar and co pls come and aid rilwayne to answer d question lol [/s]

May you continue to suffer setback in your miserable life angry angry you this idiott
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
A leader should not be pushed around. If he doesn't want to debate. Let him be.

My mind tells me that GEJ might boycott the debate making the General look foolish. I am not disappoint in anyway.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by agabaI23(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians
Awww!!!
You're getting to understand the level of deception in APC and the lack of faith the APC goons have in GMB. It is all selfish.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by maestroferddi: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
Disappointed but not surprised

Out of every 12,.........
Hahaha!

That was a big minus to APC support base here on this forum.

It will be auspicious for many Nigerians who have allowed primordial sentiments to becloud their aptitude for critical thinking to begin to redeem themselves before it becomes too late.

APC is not going down alone, I tell you!

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

pastor firefire

greetings from the devil himself smiley smiley
Onye ara you dey form devil. I pity you.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by vicogu76(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians
he fumble no man is bigger than a nation. This man must be sturborn

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by smartdave1: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Taylor184:
Febuary 14 should just come and go abeg...Im gettin tired of all this!

Then post election ish will set in
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by todayboy: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
How can buhari who is afraid of debate confront Boko Haram

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by dammytosh: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
OBASANJO did not attend

YARADUA did not attend

JONATHAN did not attend.

Our next President will not attend

His Excellency General. Mohammed Buhari (GCFR)
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by udy4real(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
What does he know to debate on?this one no be COW matter

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by tony1980: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
This Debate, Is Very Important. For All Nigerians To Evaluate Their Would-Be President.

100 Most Powerful Ways Guaranteed To Make More Money Everyday In Nigeria Now!

My Dear, Just Rush Now & Get Your Own Over 100 Hottest Business Opportunities, Free Financial Assistance & Latest Money Making Ideas Like Over 5,000 Other Nigerians Immediately Without Delay Right Now By Clicking On BusinessFinancialIdeas
When You Visit http://www.facebook.com/pages
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
Yes the debate will tell if he attended a school or not. grin

It's not all about parading yourself as war college drop out. cool
Hope you won't chicken-out when he agrees. But come, why this all of a sudden interest on debates on a man you said is an 'illiterate.'

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Firefire(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

pastor firefire

greetings from the devil himself smiley smiley

How you dey?

I beg help me tell Buhari to come debate, no question on his certificate.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Whitehorse: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Remember this my earlier post ?

@barcanista

You are generally decent guy, but you are on the wrong side of History. On the occasions I've had to "tussle" with you, you always lost out. Not because you were not smart, but basically because your defense and postulation of your hero "SaiBuhari" lacked and still lacks substance, because "SaiBuhari" himself is an empty tin can wrapped in shiny gift wraps. Those wraps are coming off one by one.

Buhari's "I will stabilize oil price" gaffe took of some wraps
His ongoing certificate saga and perjury took of a LOT of wraps.
The documentary on him took of more wraps.
His refusal to attend a freer and fair debate anchored by Channels TV is taking off a LOT of wraps.

Just watch as "SaiBuhari" is exposed for the tin can and charlatan he is.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by orinocopulse: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

its confirmed didnt you watch channels tv this morning

Oh I only saw Dele Alake's interview. I understand there has NOT been an official STATEMENT yet from APC. I hope they reconsider. CHANNELS is as UNBIASED as we can get.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by mcggy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
You are right. Difference btw those debates n this is that there wasn't any certificate issues

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by mrmetoo1: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
aresa:
@ OP. Debate is the least of our worries so I don't get the needless fixation on irrelevant debates, it's nothing but distraction from the main issues affecting Nigerians.

With this kind of thread, you are in effect enabling GEJ with this silly distraction.

Even the news about #GMB#CHANGE not going ahead with the debate is false and bogus .......

What do you mean it's false? He's he going ahead with the debate?

The funny thing about this debate issue is, I'm sure GEJ didn't even plan to attend but APC keeps blinking first. I'm disappointed though but for me it doesn't change anything. The debate, I doubt, will produce any converts. The only reason I wanted this debate to hold is because PDP minions will now have something else to distract us with till the 14th now that the certificate silliness is dying down.

The guy said there'll be town hall meetings though which I prefer to all these popularity contests (rallies) all over the country. Town halls if done properly are more honest and effective than debates and rallies. Debates sometimes are won not by the person with the most points but by the person that can produce the most sound bites
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MrPresident1: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
A disjointed ramble. All I can see is amiable general, amiable general blah blah blah. OP is lying. Buhari's camp is already preparing for the debate, this is a maneuver by the OP to show that he is not biased in favour of the 'amiable' general.

Amiable general my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
dre11:

Am totally in support of what you just said

Let him shame the distractors once for all
Like he did shame them with the certificate music they sang for some time before they kept quiet

Let him debate..... Although it won't change the mind of those Taniods but, it will put them back in check
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by shalompeace007: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

May you continue to suffer setback in your miserable life angry angry you this idiott
ve I said anytin wrong? Just only asked a question and ya insulting me, guess ya sin is hunting ya, as dey say no peace for d wicked. Let me start it here before den lol as for ya, am still waiting for ma answer. Pls reply me......

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by jingh(f): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
I'm not dumb, it's your daddy (buhari) that is dumb and a serial failure since 2003 that's y he is running away from debate.

#Buharimustdebate. grin
smh I wish you ate here when GEJ ran from debate in 2011, but you ate here typing trash.
go and play with your toy kiddo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

“Do I Look Like A Sick Man?" - Tinubu Asks Business Owners In Kano (Video) / Picture Of Amaechi Plaiting The Hair Of A New APC Convert / Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.