Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage (33731 Views)

When You Finally Join The Beard Gang But Your Crush Still Doesn't Notice You / Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by fresh360(m): 8:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Op, if u realy listen n take note of pipus reply here u knw notice dat every1 is tell u almost 1 tin n also u knw wat dat is. Move on coz he is not d ryt 1 4 u. Doctors r vry high n intelligent tinkers so b careful n do d ryt tin n also consider all wat u hv been told here n all tin will b gud.... God gist u d strenght to move
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by tenry(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

We started when I was 19 and he was 28
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is not serious? I was going to say nothing is wrong wit him before cos our world view are diffrent, but with the above quoted info, babe you need to flee not run ooo. I dated my wife for 9 years and we both knew where we were heading to even when there are crisis. Parents and loved ones didn't doubt us cos they have seen our level of commitment. @op, u should hav seen these signals and quit before now. To nail it, he was 28 when u started and he's now 38years,even though medical doctors get married late cos of the time they hav spent in sch, I still believe this man is not serious. Don't sell yourself cheap. A broken relationship is better than frustrated marriage, and ultimately broken marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by opsynea2j(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2015
Judge ye not. !!! How old is d lady in question ? Who knows if they started dating @ age 11 and now she's 21 n seriously craving for marriage after she's bn enjoying all the dividend of womanhood. Blame ye the guy not ! He's just a satanic-sent time waster !
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2015
Truckpusher:
Op permit me to say that your boyfriend must have known all the nooks and crannies of your puccy like the back of his hands ,so why waste time and resources over something you already had for free anytime for 10 yrs? undecided

It would be an injustice on anyone's part to marry a girl that another guy has been fuccking for 10 fuccking yrs without commitment .I think at this point the op should get a sign post with an inscription that says NO VACANCY AN OLD TENANT LIVES HERE FOR 10YRS WITHOUT THE NECESSARY PAPER WORK.NEW CUSTOMERS BE WARNED.

Very funny.....Really, I actually laughed at your post

5 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by olajide8(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:
I read a story here where an angry guy shot a couple at their wedding reception because the bride left him for another man and this kept me wondering if my boyfriend can actually do same...........here is my story.

I've been in a relationship with this guy for 10years nw (yes, 10years). It all started in 2005 when we met, fell in love. He was and is still my first and only love. I was enjoying the relationship until 2years ago(though we've had our share of misunderstanding, I wldnt want to go into that) when I started thinking of settling down. I indirectly asked him if he had any plan of marrying me and I was shocked by the response I got. He said he doesn't believe in marriage, that everything is about understanding. I can move in,start producing babies for him but he can never carryout any marriage rites.

I thought he wasn't serious until last year when I asked him thesame question, he gave me thesame answer. But this time, I told him that I don't Share thesame view with him and that we need to go our separate ways. Since then he has been warning me that he will kill any man I get married to, that he cannt stand seeing me with another man........

Infact, I can't write down how the past year has been. I still love him and there is no doubt that he loves me too. But the big problem is that we are so so different, our views and vision are wide apart. I knw I can just forget about him and move on with my life but he wldnt let me be. He is always there at my door step, my office, giving 20 missed calls. Sometimes, I just wish I can relocate and start a new life, but I can't leave my job,not with this high rate of unemployment.

I forgot to mention that he is not the faithful type, though he doent flaunt it to my face but I just get to know about it one way or the other.
I really need advice on what to do,because even though I still have a soft spot for him, I don't want to continue with the relationship.
My sister that is how it normally is, the solution is, to making sure your differences align- I dated my ex' for 10years also, 1995-2005- thou she still left me when I was even begging her for marriage* but yours is a more unique case, men don't really know what they want, but the day we know what we want, we would almost die trying to get it- it's the phobia of responsibility that just caught up with him* you have to be able to assure him that all is well, you would be their for him, he can depend on you- and voila -solution!!!

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
tyconcepts:

Amen & Amen & Amen.........

Devil sef join punish the Op BF.....WTF

Meanwhile.....Warri Represented here too wink

Na we we grin

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Wendy80(f): 8:51am On Feb 03, 2015
OP
I think I know who you are talking about. Not sure though. My close met a Med doc 3yrs ago and when they dated for a year she asked where d relationship is heading to, he told her exactly wht Ur guy told U.
She ran for her life.
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Truckpusher:
Op permit me to say that your boyfriend must have known all the nooks and crannies of your puccy like the back of his hands ,so why waste time and resources over something you already had for free anytime for 10 yrs? undecided

It would be an injustice on anyone's part to marry a girl that another guy has been fuccking for 10 fuccking yrs without commitment .I think at this point the op should get a sign post with an inscription that says NO VACANCY AN OLD TENANT LIVES HERE FOR 10YRS WITHOUT THE NECESSARY PAPER WORK.NEW CUSTOMERS BE WARNED.
Which is better for a man to Bleep u for 10years or for 10men to Bleep you for one year.
Somedays I wonder if you drop your brain in a dustbin before logging into nairaland.
Who knows the girl you will end up with, may be a repentant prostit!e with over 500 customers. You are disgusting.

8 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Badgers14: 8:52am On Feb 03, 2015
@ Op, what's your BF family background, is he trying to hide something, , reason being that you can't marry alone, your family have to run a background check on him and he has to come with some elders to your place.

I have never heard of a guy in 9ja saying he doesn't believe in marriage, most people will be like. Am not ready now, make I hustle money first
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by dammytosh: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
Run for your Life.

He does not need you for anything. He just can't stand another guy sleeping with you.

Carry his people along and run for your life.

Once again runnnnn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by nairabetguru(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

You are so wrong

So wat was ur case like @ 19 and him @ 28
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by aktolly54(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
@OP am very sure the man sponsor your education while in university.

3 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by dammytosh: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2015
Badgers14:
@ Op, what's your BF family background, is he trying to hide something, , reason being that you can't marry alone, your family have to run a background check on him and he has to come with some elders to your place.

I have never heard of a guy in 9ja saying he doesn't believe in marriage, most people will be like. Am not ready now, make I hustle money first

Those once still think they might marry the girl.

This particular guy will no and never marry the girl.

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

Very funny.....Really, I actually laughed at your post
You can laugh about it but the truth is that you fuccked up and still fuccking up big time......Dont you have a family? Because you can't date my sister for 10 yrs without any form of commitment,I'll personally call you to order or treat your fucck up for good.
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by dammillicious: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2015
then you are the legend of the seeker....na now day break to know say una vision dey wide apart....what have you been doing the last 10yrs..

Lol....I don't have a ring on my middle finger, he never proposed or said anything close to that.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by maryhaam(f): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2015
U deserve pension,sincerely love is a silly thing,that uses mask to cover our face,let me talk to you like myself,he might be serious n love u ,buh you are getting wasted........if he's answer r d same kindly take a walk.

3 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 03, 2015
lastburn:
someone is not been open dis relationship cos 10yrs is a lot... I don't care if he's a doctor or d magistrates. You not been honest wit us here.. the must be a reason why u don't want to leave hiz ass after 10yrs
She likes the way he spoils her with gifts and money. May be he also pays for her accomodation. You know how lady's love to flaunt their partner especiall if he's a doctor. grin
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by sigmundfreud(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

Have you gone with him to visit his family? Attended functions together? Have a bond with any member of his family? Spent a weekend with his Mum or Sister?
Visit his family unannounced? Ambushed him with a " meet my folks" kinda thing?
If No to more than 2....just get stay out of the relationship!
Your "courtship" has lasted several lifetimes of most marriages!

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2015
I don't have any advice for u untl u tells d truth. In ur story, u said both of u love each other very much to an extent da u r finding it difficult to 4get abt each other meanwhile u have different views & visions. My question is wht den is d bond holding dat Love if u both have different views & visions?

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by alobam1: 9:04am On Feb 03, 2015
Some men are so damm heartless..I mean that is not fair..I have side chicks,yes I do without sounding hypocritical but am not over bearing cos we are in a sexual relationship.I pray for them to get someone better than me asap so they can move on with their lives..I know they also have other boyfriends but I don't actually care..I can never threaten nor waste a woman's time when I know am not really interested in marrying her..Anyway as for the OP,it all boils down to the fact that you women are damm confused..

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2015
aktolly54:
@OP am very sure the man sponsor your education while in university.
Even if he did, she's 29 and he is 38. At 38 a man should be married with kids but the man is sick and may be cursed. She should stop wasting time with a confused man.

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2015
3cycle:

Which is better for a man to Bleep u for 10years or for 10men to Bleep you for one year.
Somedays I wonder if you drop your brain in a dustbin before logging into nairaland.
Who knows the girl you will end up with, may be a repentant prostit!e with over 500 customers. You are disgusting.
You see your life? undecided
What makes you feel that within those 10yrs that no responsible dude showed up wanting to do the needful but she decided to remain with her scumbag of a boyfriend without ambition.
Ending up with a repentant prostitute isn't a crime because to be once a criminal is a negative human attribute which anyone could have found themselves doing it by time,chance and even greed but to remain a criminal is what we should be talking about here just like the op has decided to remain a sex machine for one guy that doesn't love her one bit kpichikom!

Do you know what guys do when they are truly in love with you? They wife you up lest stories that touches begin to arise.

Fuccking 3cycle. angry
You're one fuccked up biitch though I still like you because you've got a loud mouth.

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by cutecanson(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2015
10yrs and no ring on ur finger...damn u re really a faceless girl....

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Naavah(f): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2015
That niccur is married tbh. A 38yr old man shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

I think you are the only one who have really understood the picture. We have a happy relationship, he want babies. BUT I WANT THE SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY. And that's why I'm leaving him.

O.P, U dnt really need to take a walk since d only problem u have wit him is that u want d sacrament of matrimony frm him, I think u should talk to him, if he goes to church, take time to visit his church and see his pastor to help u talk to him, also ask his family members to talk to him too, Am sure he will make a change to make u happy, Jst do ur own part, u know wat u want, The years u spent wit him to me doesn't matter at all, find away to change his mind, keep praying and keep asking people to speak wit him including his friends and colleagues. It will work if u devise a gud means for it.

Working away won't solve ur problem, cus every man has its own problem some might even be worst than his..Just do ur best to make him commit to u through marriage and be ready to accept d marriage no matter how small the ceremony might be too. I wish u gud luck. Dnt give up yet.
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:11am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:
I read a story here where an angry guy shot a couple at their wedding reception because the bride left him for another man and this kept me wondering if my boyfriend can actually do same...........here is my story.

I've been in a relationship with this guy for 10years nw (yes, 10years). It all started in 2005 when we met, fell in love. He was and is still my first and only love. I was enjoying the relationship until 2years ago(though we've had our share of misunderstanding, I wldnt want to go into that) when I started thinking of settling down. I indirectly asked him if he had any plan of marrying me and I was shocked by the response I got. He said he doesn't believe in marriage, that everything is about understanding. I can move in,start producing babies for him but he can never carryout any marriage rites.

I thought he wasn't serious until last year when I asked him thesame question, he gave me thesame answer. But this time, I told him that I don't Share thesame view with him and that we need to go our separate ways. Since then he has been warning me that he will kill any man I get married to, that he cannt stand seeing me with another man........

Infact, I can't write down how the past year has been. I still love him and there is no doubt that he loves me too. But the big problem is that we are so so different, our views and vision are wide apart. I knw I can just forget about him and move on with my life but he wldnt let me be. He is always there at my door step, my office, giving 20 missed calls. Sometimes, I just wish I can relocate and start a new life, but I can't leave my job,not with this high rate of unemployment.

I forgot to mention that he is not the faithful type, though he doent flaunt it to my face but I just get to know about it one way or the other.
I really need advice on what to do,because even though I still have a soft spot for him, I don't want to continue with the relationship.
funny...nd he's been fuckin the hell outta u for the past 10yrs?move on dear and get a new life...if he disturbs u further more...get his sorry ass arrested

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by adbokus(m): 9:12am On Feb 03, 2015
So you guys have been playing bangammon for 10 years with his super active tompolo?! Ah! Lady you must continue with that fella whether you like it or not! Ok, you leave him and then hopefully you get a hapless guy who has been focus all his life hoping one day to get an unused, unsoiled, untarnished and potentially faithful lady for a wife knowing nothing about all your decade long escapade and then you feel happy?! And of course there is still the side that you love him implicitly which leaves an opening for infidelity in your marriage to another guy! Would that be fair? No?
So in short, continue with your gentle doctor or for all that is good and fair find a guy that is exactly like you!...
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by ameenahz(f): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

You were in school for the first 6 years. By the time you finished service, he was 34/35 years old and probably already working ba? And the 'marriage sucks' part started 2years back when he was 36? And he cheats? Ma'am, I think this guy is married. With kids sef. Just let him go. He has no plans for you except maybe to keep you as side chic. If the threats scare you, involve his family and friends, then go and file a report at the nearest police station and make sure he promises that nothing bad will happen to you and that he signs an undertaken to that effect.

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by maryhaam(f): 9:15am On Feb 03, 2015
olajide8:

My sister that is how it normally is, the solution is, to making sure your differences align- I dated my ex' for 10years also, 1995-2005- thou she still left me when I was even begging her for marriage* but yours is a more unique case, men don't really know what they want, but the day we know what we want, we would almost die trying to get it- it's the phobia of responsibility that just caught up with him* you have to be able to assure him that all is well, you would be their for him, he can depend on you- and voila -solution!!!
10yrs.....wsnt it boring
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Truckpusher:
You see your life? undecided
What makes you feel that within those 10yrs that no responsible dude showed up wanting to do the needful but she decided to remain with her scumbag of a boyfriend without ambition.
Ending up with a repentant prostitute isn't a crime because to be once a criminal is a negative human attribute which anyone could have found themselves doing it by time,chance and even greed but to remain a criminal is what we should be talking about here just like the op has decided to remain a sex machine for one guy that doesn't love her one bit kpichikom!

Do you know what guys do when they are truly in love with you? They wife you up lest stories that touches begin to arise.

Shut up already, I know your type Misogynist undecided
Nothing a woman does ever pleases you, I bet if she had left him after 2years of dating same you will attack her and blame her for being soo materialistic and impatient.
Have you ever been in love? Do you even know what love is? Abeg stop ranting.
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Ericardo7(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

If na school you go for that ten years, you for dey do ur Ph.D now o..
BTW, that guy is no good for you, unless you're comfortable being "Lord of the Rings"

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Daresh(f): 9:19am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

Babe you don enter one chance. You need to find a way to leave him and go o. If you have to change state or country then so be it. That guy is one insane muthafuka!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? / She Has A Child For Someone But Wants Me To Marry Her. Help / When You Have A Pretty Daughter(hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.