Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,158 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29189 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:22am On May 13, 2015
wristwatch:

I think prior notice about the topic to be discussed should be given a day before the debate.

Speaking of the topic for the supporting or the opposing team to deliberate on, making it a choice can lead to conflict.

So I will suggest you align it straight for who will support or oppose it.
Nice input.

Thanks.

Btw...i've replied your mail.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:22am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

wow. I didn't know you owned this account. Why the sudden affiliation with Dortmund? This is Dark by the way
Borrussia is a term on its own. And I know you're sharwama.wink
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

I think it should be this time around .. My disposition when the thread is created may not be appropriate and adequate enough to engage in a verbal duel, even if I have the better materials and much more valid points, i could still lose sorely to a contestant with weaker points but who's was more settled and in the right frame when the thread was created...so I think we should be giving a lil' time to prepare .

I mean, we are not freestyle rapping or are we ? grin
grin
kradleber:

I think it should be this time around .. My disposition when the thread is created may not be appropriate and adequate enough to engage in a verbal duel, even if I have the better materials and much more valid points, i could still lose sorely to a contestant with weaker points but who's was more settled and in the right frame when the thread was created...so I think we should be giving a lil' time to prepare .

I mean, we are not freestyle rapping or are we ? grin
Me sef 4 prefer the freestyles! This young thug album don tire me! I need some NL flows!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:25am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Nice input.

Thanks.

Your welcome bro. Nice idea once again.

Have not seen your reply. Hopefully it will drop soon.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:27am On May 13, 2015
Borrussia:
Borrussia is a term on its own. And I know you're sharwama.wink

angry cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Topics will be given before hand to ensure adequate preparation of points and ideas.

The teams against each other will select topic most befitting to them amongst the ones which they were given.

They'll also choose to propose or oppose between them.

Ronald4lif,,thesonofmark,,misclasssy what do you think about this?

I think spontaneity would give it dynamism. You know, on-the-spot cognizance, analysis and rationalization of facts to support or oppose an argument in real time. More like an aptitude test.

Example: Monikers which have been divided into two teams are notified to be present online at a fixed time. When they all indicate they are online by that time, the topic to be debated on is unveiled and ,since they know which team they each belong to beforehand, a time limit is set for the teams to present their arguments.

A fixed score might be set for each attribute of their arguments.
PARAMETERS SUCH AS STATED BELOW (BUT NOT LIMITED TO IT) COULD BE USED TO SCORE;

1. OPENING = 1O MARKS

2. ARTICULATION OF POINTS= 10 MARKS

3. SPELLINGS= 10 MARKS

4. CONCLUSION= 10 MARKS
Since it is a debate, ensuring the aforelisted could boast the scores of debaters who are diligent.

Cc: Falconey
KradLeber

2 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:27am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
I know you will never agree with my point but I still insist on my point.

its no more news that majority will carry the vote from ppl's nominations. I read the thread from page 0-8 before dropping my opinion.

Even you yourself understand what I am saying but I will not talk much cos I don't want to prolong on this issue

you once made a statement "my candidate alws win" while campaigning for your candidate( and that's where my point is exactly) you guys are biased on this forum, you know the truth but you will refuse to talk. the poll is all about familiarity/popularity, lot of ppl know that but will remain dumb forever if they are here to worship one moniker or the other.

I know its a nomination list, but are we going to cry over a split milk if the vote eventually favours the wrong monikers? OK I don hear.

you are assuring us a perfect program whereas you yourself is one of the bias monikers hereundecided

let's expect the best from you guys.

grin

Honestly you're funnier than THE JOKER himself.

So because I made a statement on the campaign thread that "my candidate always wins" simply means i'm biased?

That's laughable.

So you've not seen people bragging during competitions. Is it not normal for mourinho to brag that he can never lose against arsenal?

Let me not begin to delve into another issue here.

Honestly,,i thought you actually reasoned before you made statements but you just disappointed me.

I won't even waste my time replying you anymore. Whatever myopic opinion you have about me and this contest is solely yours and you can feed fat on it.

Let me discuss with people who are seeing the progress of this event and not its fall.

Just keep sitting back and watch your expectations fail.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 11:30am On May 13, 2015
falconey:

if you read the op first POST you won't make this assertion.

Just nomination taking place or are you pissed no one nominated you? Cut the crap dude! What contribution have you given so far judging people.
you are very very funny grin I didn't endorsed you doesn't mean you should beef.

I would have nominated myself if I am interested in the program and is not a crime if no one vote me

@bolded, I might not be you guys choice o but I know I av been making my contribution here on this section ever since I became active. I refused to follow your group doesn't mean my comments are irrelevant.

but the last time I checked , I have never read one of your comments that makes any sense and you are happy someone nominated you? dont tell me you will finally be voted as judges undecided
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:30am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:

its no more news that majority will carry the vote from ppl's nominations. I read the thread from page 0-8 before dropping my opinion.

Even you yourself understand what I am saying but I will not talk much cos I don't want to prolong on this issue

you once made a statement "my candidate alws win" while campaigning for your candidate( and that's where my point is exactly) you guys are biased on this forum, you know the truth but you will refuse to talk. the poll is all about familiarity/popularity, lot of ppl know that but will remain dumb forever if they are here to worship one moniker or the other.

I know its a nomination list, but are we going to cry over a split milk if the vote eventually favours the wrong monikers? OK I don hear.

you are assuring us a perfect program whereas you yourself is one of the bias monikers hereundecided

Agarawu, let's try to keep calm and not subvert the effort of the organiser. It's too early to make assumptions.

It is my believe that there will be no segregations and this exercise will be an all inclusive one and so far nothing has suggested otherwise.

There will be different stages of this contest and participants will be re-shuffled with new team emerging over time. It takes a lot of work to organize such exercise and it will be unfair to weaken or demoralize the organizer at this birth stages. I hope you take up the role of a contestant though as I'll be rooting for you. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:32am On May 13, 2015
funlord:
Na so? Ever heard about 5th columnists! Prior knowledge should NOT be an option!

I agree with you.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

grin

Honestly you're funnier than THE JOKER himself.

So because I made a statement on the campaign thread that "my candidate always wins" simply means i'm biased?

That's laughable.

So you've not seen people bragging during competitions. Is it not normal for mourinho to brag that he can never lose against arsenal?

Let me not begin to delve into another issue here.

Honestly,,i thought you actually reasoned before you made statements but you just disappointed me.

I won't even waste my time replying you anymore. Whatever myopic opinion you have about me and this contest is solely yours and you can feed fat on it.

Let me discuss with people who are seeing the progress of this event and not its fall.

Just keep sitting back and watch your expectations fail.
OK no lele. I won't say anything again. focus on the program cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:33am On May 13, 2015
funlord:
grin Attack? I'm not messi bruv! I think if you had read carefully through my submission you would have realised that my point and rolands points are the same! But let me clarify, PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TOPICS SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS! it gives the debate, its organisers and contestants a lot more credibility in the eyes of the public at the end of the day!
Okay.

But you know how debates are normally done. If contestants are given the chance to prepare well and prove their points it will make it more organised.

We don't want where people will be wasting time in thinking up points and it may become a bore.

This is a competition which I hope will be making the front page as it comes and it will draw more fans to the romance section and probably participate.

I want it to be official.

I hope you get my point.

Cc: thesonofmark.

You can check this thread for further clarifications.

https://www.nairaland.com/1851738/nairaland-interschool-debate-2013-2014

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Oahray: 11:35am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
I accept the offer of a judge. And I'm also open to engage in a debate when and if required. Although depending on the topic of contention. Thanks.

I also nominate; justfollowit, michtoxin and Oahray as contestants.

Cc: Naijaboiy
bros thanks for the mention.

Naijaboiy, I like the debate idea, but I have a few concerns:

1) How feasible is a monthly contest if each contest would have stages leading to the finals? Can it be sustained once the novelty wears out?

2) What happens when some (a sizable number) of the persons screaming "I'd contest" or "I want to kick asses" just disappear into thin air when it's time to match bark with bite? Remember the wooing contests.

I would love to debate though.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Okay.

But you know how debates are normally done. If contestants are given the chance to prepare well and prove their points it will make it more organised.

We don't want where people will be wasting time in thinking up points and it may become a bore.

This is a competition which I hope will be making the front page as it comes and it will draw more fans to the romance section and probably participate.

I hope you get my point.

cool
naijaboiy:

Okay.

I hope you get my point.

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Agarawu, let's try to keep calm and not subvert the effort of the organiser. It's too early to make assumptions.

It is my believe that there will be no segregations and this exercise will be an all inclusive one and so far nothing has suggested otherwise.

There will be different stages of this contest and participants will be re-shuffled with new team emerging over time. It takes a lot of work to organize such exercise and it will be unfair to weaken or demoralize the organizer at this birth stages. I hope you take up the role of a contestant though as I'll be rooting for you. wink
see you are one of my favorite here and i will accept anything you say. I will remain silent and watch the program.

its not a must ppl like me cos I am not here to make friends.

expecting the best from you guys cool

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:42am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Naijaboiy, maybe we should skip this issue of whether to provide the topic to contestant prior to the debate or not for now. Until the voting process of judges and debaters must have been concluded. Those who will be voted and who will participate should have a better stake on how the debatable issues should be addressed.
I think that's the right thing to do.

We are already jumping to the end when we are not done with the beginning. Thanks for this.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

if I get you right you mean contestants should be given a topic on that same day of the debate and then they should start bringing out their points.

Well I went to the education section and checked out the Annual debate which they always hold. It's called Nairaland Inter School Debate.

Topics were given to the debaters to go and prepare on and they had a fixed date for the debate.

The topics were selected by both the debaters and co-ordinators. And they were further screened by the co-ordinators.

Check this thread for clearer understanding.

Yes, if the should be anytime permitted to do groundwork a day should be fine. There shouldn't be too much of a time for preparation. If a debate is slated for tomorrow participants should be notified of the topic today, for instance. I'll flip through the recommended thread soonest.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 11:46am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:

You must be a troll.
This whole exercise is no where near the word "biased'. You need to take the ALS (Ice bucket challenge), clean your cornea and reread what the o.p said this thread was for. The judges haven't even been voted yet!
Are you even smart at all? If the poll is about familiarity and popularity then why is everyone allowed to nominate whomever he/she wants? or why didn't the organiser simply appoint specific people himself instead of making it more or less a round table discussion ?

stop breeding rumours with no foundations and don't ruin this fun for us.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:49am On May 13, 2015
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:50am On May 13, 2015
Oahray:
bros thanks for the mention.

Naijaboiy, I like the debate idea, but I have a few concerns:

1) How feasible is a monthly contest if each contest would have stages leading to the finals? Can it be sustained once the novelty wears out?

2) What happens when some (a sizable number) of the persons screaming "I'd contest" or "I want to kick asses" just disappear into thin air when it's time to match bark with bite? Remember the wooing contests.

I would love to debate though.
1) The decision to make the competition on a monthly basis is not really a strong one.

I felt it's something that could be done often. But with the strenuous exercise at hand I think it will be changed to either twice a year or annually.

What do you think?

2)hmmm...that's why these contestants will be shared into teams. So every team member is responsible to his team. If a member is absent,,i believe some of his other members will be available for the debate.

In any case where the whole team are not available,,they would be forfeited and their opposing team will be declared winner. This is part of the rules that will be enacted later.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:52am On May 13, 2015
Chibwike and Luxanne I saw your mentions. cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

You must be a troll.
This whole exercise is no where near the word "biased'. You need to take the ALS (Ice bucket challenge), clean your cornea and reread what the o.p said this thread was for. The judges haven't even been voted yet!
Are you even smart at all? If the poll is about familiarity and popularity then why is everyone allowed to nominate whomever he/she wants? or why didn't the organiser simply appoint specific people himself instead of making it more or less a round table discussion ?

stop breeding rumours with no foundations and don't ruin this fun for us.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Phikom(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2015
Giving topic to debators atlist a day prior to the main event just lyk what a monicker rightly said is the best way to bring about the fun and achieve d purpose of what d debate is meant for...anything short of dat will absolutely jeopardise d whole show and renders it less interesting...
cc :naijaboiy...
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by falconey(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
you are very very funny grin I didn't endorsed you doesn't mean you should beef.

I would have nominated myself if I am interested in the program and is not a crime if no one vote me

@bolded, I might not be you guys choice o but I know I av been making my contribution here on this section ever since I became active. I refused to follow your group doesn't mean my comments are irrelevant.

but the last time I checked , I have never read one of your comments that makes any sense and you are happy someone nominated you? dont tell me you will finally be voted as judges undecided

hmmmm naijaboiy was right, you make remarks based on assumption.

First I don't have a group(I'm one man squad) why will I want to beef you? Kai don't be a lazy reader and get your fact right before making comments ( only dumbtards/kidults do that), no one nominated me I nominate myself( the first).

Who cares if my post make sense or not? Well that's the only thing your brain got right.

Don't worry you are noticed now, case closed!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:56am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Yes, if the should be anytime permitted to do groundwork a day should be fine. There shouldn't be too much of a time for preparation. If a debate is slated for tomorrow participants should be notified of the topic today, for instance. I'll flip through the recommended thread soonest.
Yea a day of preparation is okay for it.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 11:59am On May 13, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I think spontaneity would give it dynamism. You know, on-the-spot cognizance, analysis and rationalization of facts to support or oppose an argument in real time. More like an aptitude test.

Example: Monikers which have been divided into two teams are notified to be present online at a fixed time. When they all indicate they are online by that time, the topic to be debated on is unveiled and ,since they know which team they each belong to beforehand, a time limit is set for the teams to present their arguments.

A fixed score might be set for each attribute of their arguments.
PARAMETERS SUCH AS STATED BELOW (BUT NOT LIMITED TO IT) COULD BE USED TO SCORE;

1. OPENING = 1O MARKS

2. ARTICULATION OF POINTS= 10 MARKS

3. SPELLINGS= 10 MARKS

4. CONCLUSION= 10 MARKS
Since it is a debate, ensuring the aforelisted could boast the scores of debaters who are diligent.

Cc: Falconey
KradLeber

Before I say anything I just wanna ask if you have ever envisaged yourself during your quiet time as a successful comedian grin
I can't even comment lengthily, your no.3 judging criterion is funnier than the stupidest scene in Horrible bosses 2 ..

lol ..Thesonofthemark ..what has 'Spellings' have to with a Romance sect. debate that revolves mainly around relationship issues?
more ridiculous is that it carries 10 points ..
Is this a spelling bee or English class or a grammar contest? . smh
I don't concur to this

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by asumo12: 12:02pm On May 13, 2015
THIS UR COLOR DEY CAUSE BLINDNESSS

cry cry cry cry

naijaboiy:

Nice input.

Thanks.

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 12:02pm On May 13, 2015
wristwatch:

Your welcome bro. Nice idea once again.

Have not seen your reply. Hopefully it will drop soon.
kindly check again.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 12:04pm On May 13, 2015
asumo12:
THIS UR COLOR DEY CAUSE BLINDNESSS

cry cry cry cry

Happy Birthday Sir!!! cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea,,basically on relationships,,boy and girl interactions,etc
This debate should be ladies versus men.

angry
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 13, 2015
iAmCharis:
Yes.
Okay
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 12:10pm On May 13, 2015
funlord:
grin Me sef 4 prefer the freestyles! This young thug album don tire me! I need some NL flows!

You listen to yung thug? ! Bill gates offered him millions to quit rapping. what does that tell you?

That dude is an epitome and embodiment of wackness and illiteracy. Go download Kendrick Lamar's new album instead ( P1mp a butterfly)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy / I Hate My Sister / Is Break Up Sex Okay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.