Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (28885 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:25pm On May 12, 2015
Good evening everyone!

I am here to introduce to you THE ROMANCE SECTION DEBATE. This is not the first of its kind,,but this is an evolution from the original.

The romance section debate is going to be coming up on a monthly basis and the first edition comes up immediately after the Miss NL competition.

AIM
The aim of this thread is for preparations before hand so that we can plan everything before the event proper. So every suggestion pertaining this event should be made here.

Judges
The Judges are going to be made up of 5 people. One chief Judge who'll be in charge of announcing the results and stating the rules of the game,,and 4 other judges that would support the chief judge in the allocation of points to the debaters. The appointment of the chief Judge dwells on the decision of the 5 Judges.

People who are well versed with knowledge when it comes to relationship issues are needed here. They should also be ready to work without bias or sentiments for any debating group.

Interested persons should state their intentions here. One can also nominate anybody to be a judge. After which a poll will be carried out to select the 5 judges. This is to ensure transparency and clear representation of the people's choice.

Debators/contestants.
This set will be made up of a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 5 people in each group. The number of groups will depend on the number of willing contestants.

Contestants will be divided randomly into number groups and then they'll come together and appoint a group head and also choose a group name that they can be recognised with. Interested persons should simply declare their intentions in participating by saying "i'm willing to participate" and then tag Naijaboiy.

Moderators
Well it's simple. Their Job is to help maintain decorum and order during the competition. The hiding of irrelevant posts and banning of offenders or any antagonist will be in their care. We expect them to do their job diligently.

Topics
Do you have any idea of very scintillating or controversial topics pertaining to romance that can be debated on? You can send your ideas through a mail and it will be considered by the Judges.

These are the major developments for now. More will be added if we find them suitable enough to make this event a success.

Note:
This is where i'd like our e-warriors and those who are well versed in the fluent speaking of english to come show their prowess. cheesy

You think you are intelligent? This is where you are needed to show us what you've got. cheesy

Your suggestions are highly welcome. smiley

Cc: Every Romance Section Member. New and Old. Male and Female.

Ishilove
Farano.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 12, 2015
I register my presence
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by SEHHYTEX(m): 9:27pm On May 12, 2015
This seems to be interesting... Spreads ma mat waiting
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by MuguliciousMUGU: 9:27pm On May 12, 2015
I register my presence
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by sinaj(f): 9:28pm On May 12, 2015
wil luv to debate smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by marieolae(f): 9:28pm On May 12, 2015
This will be interesting!! grin
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Princecalm(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2015
Isorite.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by falconey(m): 9:31pm On May 12, 2015
tremendous

I will love to be a judge in this great event, I promise there won't be any form of bias or ethnicity when passing my judgement, I guarantee you proper judgement with integrity.

Cc naijaboiy.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Twaci(f): 9:31pm On May 12, 2015
Present sir.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by write2obi(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2015
This will be interesting, hope to learn a lot from this debate.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:33pm On May 12, 2015
sinaj:
wil luv to debate smiley
Noted.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 12, 2015
I was here.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:36pm On May 12, 2015
PROSPECTIVE JUDGES

1) Falconey

2) Ronald4lif

3) Thesonofmark/kcmark

4) dechandel

5) chiam55

6) Mizmycoli

7) tosyne2much

8 orijin101

9)Kinglekan

10) wristwatch

11) sinizia

CONTESTANTS

1) sinaj

2) demmy0325

3) mzellsx

4) DahtzFestJayz

5) boynigeria

6) beckybeky

7) Laurelp

8 ) phikom

9) Luxanne

10) chibwike

11) kradleber

12) Geenickel

13) oahray

14) Blackett

15) Missclasssy

16) Dotwillis1

17) Damoskiy

18) ipledge

19) LadyX

20) Alberto2k
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:37pm On May 12, 2015
Feel free to make your suggestions.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Suggestions are needed for prospective judges who will be competent.

Kindly nominate someone you have in mind.
dechandel, Tosyne2much . . . I will come back to add. I'm going to . . . . scrutinize wink
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by DahtzFestjayz: 9:40pm On May 12, 2015
Registering my presense. Naijaboiy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Princecalm(m): 9:42pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

how are we sure the person we are going to nominate will not have interest in competing.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by tohpahz(f): 9:44pm On May 12, 2015
Sits down smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:45pm On May 12, 2015
Princecalm:
how are we sure the person we are going to nominate will not have interest in competing.
That's not a problem.

He/she will decline if he/she has other interests in the competition.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 12, 2015
I will love to not love to argue
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by yorubaboiy: 9:47pm On May 12, 2015
ko si weeereee!!!....ejo...ma kopa ninu e
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by write2obi(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

My nominees for Judges
Orijin101
Truckpusher
Mrcock
My humble self
#naijaboiy

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by tosyne2much(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2015
This is gonna be interesting
I dedicate this plot of land to qbd2 cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2015
I join the roster of previous occupants of land.

Also reserving this spot for wristwatch and missclasssy.

*Switch on bystander mode for now*
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:50pm On May 12, 2015
write2obi:

I nominate
Orijin101
Truckpusher
Mrcock
My humble self
Nominations are only for Judges.

Is that the category in which you are nominating for?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 12, 2015
tosyne2much:
This is gonna be interesting

I dedicate this plot of land to qbd2 cool
Fire on...
But u know u still haven't repayed ur debt. 1000, 1000, 1000
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by tosyne2much(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
dech.andel, Tosyne 2much . . . I will come back to add. I'm going to . . . . scrutinize wink
making sense cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by demmy0325(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2015
What can i do..?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:52pm On May 12, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Registering my presense. Naijaboiy
You are interested in participating right? smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 12, 2015
*puffs weed into thread
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

Thanks for the reservation.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:54pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

Me thinks you'll be a good Judge.

So I Nominate you cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Not All Women Want Your Money… / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke / If You Want Him, Go For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.