Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29028 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 1:02am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Great. I don't think there are previous or similar versions. If there are any then I'm oblivious about it. This is a first time initiative by the OP and a host of members finds it interesting and challenging to discuss on variety of issues affecting relationship. It will be in form of a debating camp. Marie suggested a topic like "should partners have access to each other's password". Just stuffs like that.

Lol .. Okay ..

That's a cool topic.. I think I know why she asked that grin

Life ain't sh1t but a fat vagina cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 1:02am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay na. Let's see how the voting and recommendation exercise turns out.
Omo e be like say na the whole romance section wan debate o. cheesy

The job just got tougher.

How best do you think we can organise this contestants?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 1:12am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Nahh its debater.. Most of all these Androids and automatons are mainly programmed for outdated dictionary and standard English.. but new words are invented everyday so most of em' ain't upgraded yet.. see mine didn't underline debater but underlined debator.. kinda weird ..

can you help me with a link to any of the past editions?
I also made some searches on past threads but I found none.

Someone said it could have been wiped out by the data loss last year.

I don't know if xynerise could help us with that.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 1:16am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Okay. I'd watch from the sidelines then and observe.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 1:19am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Omo e be like say na the whole romance section wan debate o. cheesy

The job just got tougher.

How best do you think we can organise this contestants?

I think the should be some consideration of gender and the ways contestant managed to address issues in the past on the forum. By this I mean each debating group should comprise of both male and female debaters. Also, the shouldn't be much form of conformity, ideas or people who are fluent verbally and are lexically willed.

For instance contestants like TheSonOfMark/kcmark, Blackett, missclasssy and kradlebel should be shuffled on different sides in the most effective way possible. This will make it more educating, intriguing and would deflate any possibility of a lopsided debate.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 1:20am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Okay. I'd watch from the sidelines then and observe.

Okay no problem.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 1:22am On May 13, 2015
mirexxx:
school jare cry
hope you're good? smiley
Yea sure.

Which school do you attend if I may ask. smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 1:32am On May 13, 2015
As Judges, I nominate:

Wristwatch
Kinglekan
Sinizia
I don't where "Dick" is.. (does anyone have any idea where this dude is, if you do please tell me his new monicker)

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 2:04am On May 13, 2015
damseyl:
lol..

So are you in for the contest?
yea

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 2:13am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay na. Let's see how the voting and recommendation exercise turns out.
are We going to vote? Please If i no win,rig in my favour cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 3:50am On May 13, 2015
Naijaboiy . . . judges I suggest you consider the below link to a thread. I find the debate here very impressive and despite its controversial topic, I think it should be used as a yardstick to guide these debaters.
https://www.nairaland.com/1835324/adichies-feminism-vacuums-fallacies-gonzaga/25
I read all 25 pages and 812 posts of it. Excellent presentation of material.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by damseyl(f): 4:24am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
yea
cool smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 5:06am On May 13, 2015
damseyl:
cool smiley
you woke up already...so early
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 5:55am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
are We going to vote? Please If i no win,rig in my favour cheesy
lol . . . you be tiff? cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by chibwike(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2015
I'd love to participate in this...Nice one naijaboiy...nice one.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Princecalm(m): 6:34am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

That's not a problem.

He/she will decline if he/she has other interests in the competition.
all right
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 6:42am On May 13, 2015
Blackett:
I'm not even gonna argue that with them. No one gets my password. Simple.
grin cheesy
ronald4lif:

You never can tell. M.issclasssy and n.neka123 could have substantial reasons why partners should have each other's password. wink
Hmm, I think everyone needs to be with someone who shares prerequisite beliefs and opinion about how their relationship be. PRIAVCY should be considered, not everyone will allow you have access to their social network password, but if you trust them enough, you know they wouldn't be doing anything fishy for you to know about.

P.S, Why did heck did you tag me? grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Rilwayne001: 6:55am On May 13, 2015
I'm not interested in this undecided
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 7:22am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Borrussia, Kradleber and LogoDwiz should also kindly register their presence here and take up a position.

I don't even know the ladies one need to draw their attention here. Perhaps Twaci, Tashaamania and Tohpahz should be up for a position too.
I was here.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 7:24am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Must/Should be topic be about romance?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 7:25am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:
As Judges, I nominate:

Wristwatch
Kinglekan
Sinizia
I don't where "Dick" is.. (does anyone have any idea where this dude is, if you do please tell me his new monicker)

cool d1ck
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by luxanne(f): 7:36am On May 13, 2015
Am game naijaboiy, to debate.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Twaci(f): 8:09am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Borrussia, Kradleber and LogoDwiz should also kindly register their presence here and take up a position.

I don't even know the ladies one need to draw their attention here. Perhaps Twaci, Tashaamania and Tohpahz should be up for a position too.
I want to be in charge of the funds smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 8:16am On May 13, 2015
Borrussia:
cool d1ck

Thanks.. I'll look that up .
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 8:27am On May 13, 2015
Teempakguy:
Naijaboiy . . . judges I suggest you consider the below link to a thread. I find the debate here very impressive and despite its controversial topic, I think it should be used as a yardstick to guide these debaters.
https://www.nairaland.com/1835324/adichies-feminism-vacuums-fallacies-gonzaga/25
I read all 25 pages and 812 posts of it. Excellent presentation of material.

Thank you very much for this . You are far too kind. I knew anything that had c0ogar, TVO1 and coc0candy in it wouldn't disappoint a bit.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by xynerise: 8:38am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Help you with what?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 8:53am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:
As Judges, I nominate:

Wristwatch
Kinglekan
Sinizia

Bro, thanks a lot. smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2015
xynerise:
This is a debate and we need intelligent people as judges. Don't be sentimental and nominate someone who has not made a sensible comment since he/she joined Nairaland, all because he/she is your friend..

I can already see people nominating members of their cliques. If you want a credible judgment, nominate a qualified person.
even the the program is biased already when its not yet to take place. i read romance section comments daily and I know ppl who know about relationship issue not cos A is popular/a friend and B is not.

a member who is not contributing to topics is nominated as judge na wa o

I know monikers who are active here and their contributions is fantastic.

since I av been active on this section, all the listed judges don't worth it except ronald4lif and kcmark

but you guys can continue with your depate as we all watch cool

cc naijaboiy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 13, 2015
This is going to be interesting.

#SigningUp!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by tohpahz(f): 9:14am On May 13, 2015
Twaci:
I want to be in charge of the funds smiley

U and money tongue
Ohiafia udumeze!! cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:17am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Thanks.. I'll look that up .
I am d1ck.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Just saw this now.

Okay tongue
I hope VictoriaBee is here to stay this time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her / 23 Years Old Nigeria Man, Marries 68 Years Old Greek Wife / Another 26 Year Old Nigerian Man Weds A 63 Years Old American Woman In Warri!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.