Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29026 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by bammy777(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2015
Am here. Chilling and reading peepz post
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:40am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
even the the program is biased already when its not yet to take place. i read romance section comments daily and I know ppl who know about relationship issue not cos A is popular/a friend and B is not.

a member who is not contributing to topics is nominated as judge na wa o

I know monikers who are active here and their contributions is fantastic.

since I av been active on this section, all the listed judges don't worth it except ronald4lif and kcmark

but you guys can continue with your depate as we all watch cool

xynerise:
This is a debate and we need intelligent people as judges. Don't be sentimental and nominate someone who has not made a sensible comment since he/she joined Nairaland, all because he/she is your friend..

I can already see people nominating members of their cliques. If you want a credible judgment, nominate a qualified person.

When I saw the topic and the people involved, all I did was hiss. Check page 3, you'll see my long hiss. It's all about padi padi
But what's my own business anyways? I just sit back and watch grin
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 10:41am On May 13, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

'They' eventually lifted the bansmiley.

About the competition; I suppose one's articulation would speak for itself. I actually do not want to write any moniker off...not until they falter when given the opportunity to slug it out. That addressed; I also think antecedent posts/comments depict a person's intellectual prowess. That explains why some smirk at the nomination of and write-off some monikers 'cause they've been known to ooze flippancy and inarticulation. THAT IN ITSELF FUELS THE NECESSITY OF THIS PROPOSED DEBATE- THE NEED OR PLATFORM TO PROVE THEMSELVES.

Lest I forget; Thanks for the endorsement, Agarawusmiley.

wow that's a good news that calls for celebration cool I am sure sheun later read the post cos a moniker tagged him.

we shldnt be scared to express our feelings in as much we are not breaking any of the (21) rules.

You guys should continue with your program, we are hear to watch cool grin
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

When I saw the topic and the people involved, all I did was hiss. Check page 3, you'll see my long hiss. It's all about padi padi
I agree with this chap! Chop knuckle!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 10:45am On May 13, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

It should be impromptu and the pro and opposing sides posting their arguments in real time.

•So we venture into the debate threads unprepared and completely clueless of the topic and what to debate about, then we start developing points to back up our arguments off the top of the dome?
If that's the idea then I'm totally down with it.
That way the debating process would be undiluted and in its rawest form..no refinery..cool
I just hope some tortoise-contestants won't in one way or the other manage to know of the topic beforehand cos that'd be cheating.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:47am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:
Do we get handed the topics we are debating on prior to the main event or is this a 'debate' based on the innate ability to think on the feet and impulsive spontaneity ?

Naij aboiy
Topics will be given before hand to ensure adequate preparation of points and ideas.

The teams against each other will select topic most befitting to them amongst the ones which they were given.

They'll also choose to propose or oppose between them.

Ronald4lif,,thesonofmark,,misclasssy what do you think about this?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 10:48am On May 13, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

see eh! me go alws talk my own grin

if na another moniker open this kind of debate, those endorsing the move will be the first to oppose it and derail the thread.

I sit and watch movies going on here on this forum everyday, I never knew NL is interesting o until I became a permanent active member.

this move is very interesting and we will enjoy it. I have been expecting such.

let's be present to watch the show cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:49am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

•So we venture into the debate threads unprepared and completely clueless of the topic and what to debate about, then we start developing points to back up our arguments off the the top of the dome? .. If that's the idea then I'm totally down with it.
That way the debate would be undiluted and in its rawest form..no refinery..cool
I just hope some tortoise-contestants won't in one way or the other manage to know of the topic beforehand cos that'd be cheating.
That wouldn't happen sir!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 10:53am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Topics will be given before hand to ensure adequate preparation of points and ideas.

The teams against each other will select topic most befitting to them amongst the ones which they were given.

Okay.. If the topics are gonna be given beforehand, its fine. it takes nowt from the entire exercise.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:54am On May 13, 2015
funlord:
I agree with this chap! Chop knuckle!

Lol. Oshey boss
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:55am On May 13, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

That's all we need from you.

Just kindly sit back and watch your expectations fail. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by falconey(m): 10:56am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
even the the program is biased already when its not yet to take place. i read romance section comments daily and I know ppl who know about relationship issue not cos A is popular/a friend and B is not.

a member who is not contributing to topics is nominated as judge na wa o

I know monikers who are active here and their contributions is fantastic.

since I av been active on this section, all the listed judges don't worth it except ronald4lif and kcmark

but you guys can continue with your depate as we all watch cool

cc naijaboiy

if you read the op first POST you won't make this assertion.

Just nomination taking place or are you pissed no one nominated you? Cut the crap dude! What contribution have you given so far judging people.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:56am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
see eh! me go alws talk my own grin

if na another moniker open this kind of debate, those endorsing the move will be the first to oppose it and derail the thread.

I sit and watch movies going on here on this forum everyday, I never knew NL is interesting o until I became a permanent active member.

this move is very interesting and we will enjoy it. I have been expecting such.

let's be present to watch the show cool

That's all I'm gonna do henceforth; sit back and watch the soaps before some people take me for a pained dude
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:56am On May 13, 2015
We just have people whom their way of thinking is always crooked. undecided

SMH
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:57am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

That's all we need from you.

Just kindly sit back and watch your expectations fail. smiley

I will. Thanks grin
But............
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

•So we venture into the debate threads unprepared and completely clueless of the topic and what to debate about, then we start developing points to back up our arguments off the top of the dome?
If that's the idea then I'm totally down with it.
That way the debating process would be undiluted and in its rawest form..no refinery..cool

For me, I wouldn't be bothered if anyone has prior knowledge of the topics since I'm confident of my grasp of world issues.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by chibwike(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Nairaland crash was Last year. Anyway she has deactivated so it would be difficult to find it.
you didn't get my mention?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

IS this not a form of RIGGING! The contestants feel they posses the necessary intellect to engage in such a discourse which is why they have stepped forward to participate in the 1st place is it not? Or do the lecturers in your school give students the answers to their exams before the students write them?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

I'm not sure if the should be a prior awareness to the topic of debate. It will be better of if it comes off as impulsive and spontaneous. There should be no or little room for much preparations. If any, a day should be the maximum timescale for groundwork. But this is just my opinion.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:04am On May 13, 2015
falconey:

if you read the op first POST you won't make this assertion.

Just nomination taking place or are you pissed no one nominated you? Cut the crap dude! What contribution have you given so far judging people.
its normal to have antagonists in every facets of life.

No matter what happens they don't want things to work out.

The major thing is that these people just don't want the success of this competition cos I see no reason why someone will just come here and make assertions of what he knows nothing of.

What is "padi padi"?

Somebody settles down to think of something that everyone will enjoy and some people are already here to spoil it.

Ask them to organise something and they will shy away from it. But they can talk and criticise and jab. They are not even contesting neither have they been nominated by anyone to be a Judge.

Why the hell should I waste my time in organising something if I know I will cheat already. Does it make sense?

Some people just don't think.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:07am On May 13, 2015
funlord:
IS this not a form of RIGGING! The contestants feel they posses the necessary intellect to engage in such a discourse which is why they have stepped forward to participate in the 1st place is it not? Or do the lecturers in your school give students the answers to their exams before the students write them?
Your aim is simply to attack.

I made a suggestion and mentioned people to air their views. You saw how ronald4lif replied to me.

What exactly is your point sir?!

4 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 11:08am On May 13, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

For me, I wouldn't be bothered if anyone has prior knowledge of the topics since I'm confident of my grasp of world issues.
Na so? Ever heard about 5th columnists! Prior knowledge should NOT be an option!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 11:09am On May 13, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I never asked whether you are bothered or not Mister Braggadocio after all you're only participating as a judge. Coming up with points spontaneously every split second on a thread is never gonna be absolutely coherent. There'd be a lot of typos and grammatical shananigans if i may say and etcetera . And no matter how well you think you're a mobile Kemet Library, the points you'd outline on the fly can never be as well articulated as that of the pal who took the pain and time to cross-check,over-edit, and add that touch of finesse to his written..
I prefer Perfectionism and thank goodness naijaboiy has said we'd be given prep time..
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2015
Naijaboiy, maybe we should skip this issue of whether to provide the topic to contestant prior to the debate or not for now. Until the voting process of judges and debaters must have been concluded. Those who will be voted and who will participate should have a better stake on how the debatable issues should be addressed.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 11:14am On May 13, 2015
funlord:
Na so? Ever heard about 5th columnists! Prior knowledge should NOT be an option!

I think it should be this time around .. My disposition when the thread is created may not be appropriate and adequate enough to engage in a verbal duel, even if I have the better materials and much more valid points, i could still lose sorely to a contestant with weaker points but who's was more settled and in the right frame when the thread was created...so I think we should be giving a lil' time to prepare .

I mean, we are not freestyle rapping or are we ? grin
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:15am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

I think prior notice about the topic to be discussed should be given a day before the debate.

Speaking of the topic for the supporting or the opposing team to deliberate on, making it a choice can lead to conflict.

So I will suggest you align it straight for who will support or oppose it.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:17am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

I'm not sure if the should a prior awareness to the topic of debate. It will be better of if it comes off as impulsive and spontaneous. There should no or little room for much preparations. If any, a day should be the maximum timescale for groundwork. But this is just my opinion.
if I get you right you mean contestants should be given a topic on that same day of the debate and then they should start bringing out their points.

Well I went to the education section and checked out the Annual debate which they always hold. It's called Nairaland Inter School Debate.

Topics were given to the debaters to go and prepare on and they had a fixed date for the debate.

The topics were selected by both the debaters and co-ordinators. And they were further screened by the co-ordinators.

Check this thread for clearer understanding.

https://www.nairaland.com/1851738/nairaland-interschool-debate-2013-2014
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:18am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Naijaboiy, maybe we should skip this issue of whether to provide the topic to contestant prior to the debate or not for now. Until the voting process of judges and debaters must have been concluded. Those who will be voted and who will participate should have a better stake on how the debatable issues should be addressed.

Exactly. One step @ a time.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by agarawu23(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

[b]Excuse me sir! There is nothing I hate more than making assumptions from no where.

I really don't know what you mean by "the program is biased already when the program is yet to take place"

No judge has been elected yet. People are only making nominations. You can't stop people from nominating anybody of their choice.

But that doesn't mean whoever is nominated will eventually become a JUDGE. In my original post I said THE 5 JUDGES WILL BE SELECTED BY A POLL which will be carried out by all of us.

I really do hope you read that post before jumping to conclusions.

You have mentioned two people who have been nominated already. If you claim to know people on romance section and their posts,,what is stopping you from nominating them also.

It's a suggestion thread and so everybody is allowed to air their opinion. If I nominate my friend as a judge,,i'm doing so because I know he is capable and not for any other reason.

So forget those mentioning their friends. At the end of the day the power is in your hands to vote whoever you want in.

Nobody who is incompetent will get in as long you vote the right person.

Please you should also learn not to conclude based on people's persona on here. Someone who you think is not serious may actually surprise you if he gets the chance.

Please let's mind our words. There shall be no atom of bias in this competition as long as i'm the organiser.

I assure you that.
[/b]

I know you will never agree with my point but I still insist on my point.

its no more news that majority will carry the vote from ppl's nominations. I read the thread from page 0-8 before dropping my opinion.

Even you yourself understand what I am saying but I will not talk much cos I don't want to prolong on this issue

you once made a statement "my candidate alws win" while campaigning for your candidate( and that's where my point is exactly) you guys are biased on this forum, you know the truth but you will refuse to talk. the poll is all about familiarity/popularity, lot of ppl know that but will remain dumb forever if they are here to worship one moniker or the other.

I know its a nomination list, but are we going to cry over a split milk if the vote eventually favours the wrong monikers? OK I don hear.

you are assuring us a perfect program whereas you yourself is one of the bias monikers hereundecided

let's expect the best from you guys.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

I think it should be this time around .. My disposition when the thread is created may not be appropriate to engage in a verbal duel, even if I have better materials and valid points, but if I'm not in the right mood I could lose sorely to someone with weaker points. I hope you get the gist?, so I think we should be giving a lil' time to prepare .

I mean, w are not freestyle rapping are we ? grin

Well, maybe there should be ample time for a groundwork after all. It might even make it more interesting as there will more cogent points. And will negate any accusation and counter accusation of leaking the topic to either side of the contesting group prior to the debate.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

I made a suggestion and mentioned people to air their views. You saw how ronald4lif replied to me.

grin
naijaboiy:

Attack? I'm not messi bruv! I think if you had read carefully through my submission you would have realised that my point and rolands points are the same! But let me clarify, PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TOPICS SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS! it gives the debate, its organisers and contestants a lot more credibility in the eyes of the public at the end of the day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her / 23 Years Old Nigeria Man, Marries 68 Years Old Greek Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.