Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29034 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Twaci(f): 9:22am On May 13, 2015
tohpahz:

U and money tongue
Ohiafia udumeze!! cheesy
grin It runs in our blood. Morning dear.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by alberto2k(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2015
I know say i come late but still i register my presence Cc: Naijaboiy

I can argue to hell and back cheesy btw. . .post for time keeper still dey open? embarassed
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:39am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
even the the program is biased already when its not yet to take place. i read romance section comments daily and I know ppl who know about relationship issue not cos A is popular/a friend and B is not.

a member who is not contributing to topics is nominated as judge na wa o

I know monikers who are active here and their contributions is fantastic.

since I av been active on this section, all the listed judges don't worth it except ronald4lif and kcmark

but you guys can continue with your depate as we all watch cool

cc naij aboiy
[b]Excuse me sir! There is nothing I hate more than making assumptions from no where.

I really don't know what you mean by "the program is biased already when the program is yet to take place"

No judge has been elected yet. People are only making nominations. You can't stop people from nominating anybody of their choice.

But that doesn't mean whoever is nominated will eventually become a JUDGE. In my original post I said THE 5 JUDGES WILL BE SELECTED BY A POLL which will be carried out by all of us.

I really do hope you read that post before jumping to conclusions.

You have mentioned two people who have been nominated already. If you claim to know people on romance section and their posts,,what is stopping you from nominating them also.

It's a suggestion thread and so everybody is allowed to air their opinion. If I nominate my friend as a judge,,i'm doing so because I know he is capable and not for any other reason.

So forget those mentioning their friends. At the end of the day the power is in your hands to vote whoever you want in.

Nobody who is incompetent will get in as long you vote the right person.

Please you should also learn not to conclude based on people's persona on here. Someone who you think is not serious may actually surprise you if he gets the chance.

Please let's mind our words. There shall be no atom of bias in this competition as long as i'm the organiser.

I assure you that.
[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by DahtzFestjayz: 9:41am On May 13, 2015
Registering my presense
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:45am On May 13, 2015
alberto2k:
I know say i come late but still i register my presence Cc: Naija boiy

I can argue to hell and back cheesy btw. . .post for time keeper still dey open? embarassed
Lool,,i actually thought of that time keeper post but I don't know how effective that would be.
Since it's an online stuff.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:46am On May 13, 2015
Borrussia:
Must/Should be topic be about romance?
Yea,,basically on relationships,,boy and girl interactions,etc
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 9:49am On May 13, 2015
xynerise:

Help you with what?
I read somewhere there had been some sort of a debate before on this section.

Don't know how true that is.

Was thinking you could help with a clue on how to locate it.

Or the moniker who organised it.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 9:50am On May 13, 2015
Ronald4lif wir werden endlich die Madchen mit gehirnen in hire wissen, und die wind die miesten wife wahrscheinlich ein Richter wine in vote in genome me ein.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by xynerise: 9:51am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Ogugua88 organized it. That was 2 years ago. I think the thread was affected when Nairaland crashed
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Geenickel(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

but wats d debate all about??
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kinglekan: 9:57am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:
As Judges, I nominate:

W.ristwatch
Ki.nglekan
Si.nizia
I don't where "Dick" is.. (does anyone have any idea where this dude is, if you do please tell me his new monicker)

smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by LadyX(f): 10:00am On May 13, 2015
Am willing to participate

Naijaboy hope am not too late cry
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:01am On May 13, 2015
xynerise:

Ogugua88 organized it. That was 2 years ago. I think the thread was affected when Nairaland crashed
Nairaland crash was Last year. Anyway she has deactivated so it would be difficult to find it.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by xynerise: 10:05am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Nairaland crash was Last year. Anyway she has deactivated so it would be difficult to find it.
Yes.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by LadyX(f): 10:05am On May 13, 2015
missclasssy:
I nominate Blackett as judge and Victoriabee as contestant.

Cc
Naijaboiy

I would like to participate in a debate with you Missclassy and Blackett. cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kinglekan: 10:05am On May 13, 2015
Blackett:
Whenever there's a topic, you ask for opposing and supporting contestants to step forward.

This sounds better.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:07am On May 13, 2015
Teempakguy:
Naijaboiy . . . judges I suggest you consider the below link to a thread. I find the debate here very impressive and despite its controversial topic, I think it should be used as a yardstick to guide these debaters.
https://www.nairaland.com/1835324/adichies-feminism-vacuums-fallacies-gonzaga/25
I read all 25 pages and 812 posts of it. Excellent presentation of material.
Hmmm,,thanks for this.

I'll definitely check it out.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:08am On May 13, 2015
LadyX:
Am willing to participate

Naijaboy hope am not too late cry
Not Late at all.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:08am On May 13, 2015
iAmCharis:
I hope VictoriaBee is here to stay this time?

Agapecharis?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 10:08am On May 13, 2015
Borrussia:
I am d1ck.

wow. I didn't know you owned this account. Why the sudden affiliation with Dortmund? This is Dark by the way
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by alberto2k(m): 10:08am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lool,,i actually thought of that time keeper post but I don't know how effective that would be.
Since it's an online stuff.
ehmmn. . . then i'll just settle for Debator cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:15am On May 13, 2015
Geenickel:

but wats d debate all about??
Topics have not yet been suggested.

It would be brought to your notice soon.

You could also suggest debatable topics.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 10:16am On May 13, 2015
Do we get handed the topics we are debating on prior to the main event or is this a 'debate' based on the innate ability to think on the feet and impulsive spontaneity ?

Naijaboiy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:17am On May 13, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Agapecharis?
Yes.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2015
angry The panel of judges should be made up of both partisan monikers and those with axes to grind but definitely no MODS! Because there have been too many instances of their impartiality on display in recent days!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2015
agarawu23:
even the the program is biased already when its not yet to take place. i read romance section comments daily and I know ppl who know about relationship issue not cos A is popular/a friend and B is not.

a member who is not contributing to topics is nominated as judge na wa o

I know monikers who are active here and their contributions is fantastic.

since I av been active on this section, all the listed judges don't worth it except ronald4lif and kcmark

but you guys can continue with your depate as we all watch cool

cc naijaboiy

'They' eventually lifted the bansmiley.

About the competition; I suppose one's articulation would speak for itself. I actually do not want to write any moniker off...not until they falter when given the opportunity to slug it out. That addressed; I also think antecedent posts/comments depict a person's intellectual prowess. That explains why some smirk at the nomination of and write-off some monikers 'cause they've been known to ooze flippancy and inarticulation. THAT IN ITSELF FUELS THE NECESSITY OF THIS PROPOSED DEBATE- THE NEED OR PLATFORM TO PROVE THEMSELVES.

Lest I forget; Thanks for the endorsement, Agarawusmiley.

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by funlord(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:
Do we get handed the topics we are debating on prior to the main event or is this a 'debate' based on the innate ability to think on the feet and impulsive spontaneity ?

Naijaboiy
It should be on the spot! Take note of this mans suggestion!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:26am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

cheesy grin. Victoriabee will sure sweep you off balance with her typo-eloquence and lexicon fluency. You're in for it boss.
this should not be the only basis of a sound debater.....
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:27am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Naijaboiy

It should be impromptu and the pro and opposing sides posting their arguments in real time.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2015
blublahd:

this should not be the only basis of a sound debater.....

Sure bruv. I was only teasing them.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 10:39am On May 13, 2015
missclasssy:

Please. . . A good judge as regards this debate should be someone who is intelligent, who has a good knowledge of romantic/relationship issues and can critically and logically analyze those issues and make unbaised judgments and conclusions as inferred from peoples comments.
YES....thats a good judge.

He/she should also be smart enough to know who has the upper hand and who makes more cogent and intelligent points and contributions in the debate situation.
this is an important requisite to a good debater....would be judges take note.

He/she should also be impartial and unbiased when choosing a winner after the debate has been concluded.
he gives the notion he fits the above

Blackett meets the aforementioned criteria.
Not entirely,his use of expletives at any sight of opinion intolerable to his, puts him as someone who is quite conceited and irascible.
We need a temperate fellow. Or all debaters may just turn out dumb.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

23 Years Old Nigeria Man, Marries 68 Years Old Greek Wife / Another 26 Year Old Nigerian Man Weds A 63 Years Old American Woman In Warri!! / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.