Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29024 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by falconey(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Just saw this now.

Okay tongue

vickybe? Damn it!!!!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Dotwillis1(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:
Naijaboiy I think you should state the criteria for choosing a judge

This shouldn't be a case where after someone has been nominated the person just accepts and BAM the person is a judge.
There has to be some specific requirements that should be met.

I for one believe that the judges should be chosen by vote. The ones with the majority of votes become judge.

Please this debate contest requires an intelligent, unsentimental and emotionally stable judge that doesn't have cliques or personal ties with anyone on this forum.

I would recommend
Ronald4lif
Sinizia

seconded
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 12, 2015
Blackett:
I like arguing. Especially when I'm right. Makes everything easier.
Only retar.ds fear brainstorming. Howelse does one rein in the knowledge garnered from putting one's nose to the grindstone and channelling them to affect worldviews?

Have you also noticed that some moniker which, by default, are on every thread are nowhere to be found here?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
sinizia:

I'd make a great contestant only if your heart is on the line. winktongue

No I wanna be judge because I'm impartial and most importantly I'm honest even if the truth is against me. cheesy @ naijaboiy dis my campaign speech cool

You're open-minded which means you can argue for and against any subject. wink
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:31pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:
Naijaboiy I think you should state the criteria for choosing a judge

This shouldn't be a case where after someone has been nominated the person just accepts and BAM the person is a judge.
There has to be some specific requirements that should be met.

I for one believe that the judges should be chosen by vote. The ones with the majority of votes become judge.

Please this debate contest requires an intelligent, unsentimental and emotionally stable judge that doesn't have cliques or personal ties with anyone on this forum.

I would recommend
Ronald4lif
Sinizia

naijaboiy:
Judges

The Judges are going to be made up of 5 people. One chief Judge who'll be in charge of announcing the results and stating the rules of the game,,and 4 other judges that would support the chief judge in the allocation of points to the debaters. The appointment of the chief Judge dwells on the decision of the 5 Judges.

People who are well versed with knowledge when it comes to relationship issues are needed here. They should also be ready to work without bias or sentiments for any debating group.

Interested persons should state their intentions here. One can also nominate anybody to be a judge. [size=18pt]After which a poll will be carried out to select the 5 judges. This is to ensure transparency and clear representation of the people's choice.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

You never can tell. Missclasssy and nneka123 could have substantial reasons why partners should have each other's password. wink

A crucial cataylst needed for relationship growth is RESPECT.

One of the ways partners demonstrate this is by respecting each others privacy and applying that key element of TRUST. This applies especially to unmarried couples.

So I am with blackett on this one. You don't need to have your partners password.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 12, 2015
braindamage:
Our Feminist. Keeps deactivating after every 3 months
falconey:

vickybe? Damn it!!!!
Lol, thanks.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by damseyl(f): 11:33pm On May 12, 2015
Dotwillis1:
good...it shouldn't be a random selection thing.

...I'm in tho, to contest
willis wasup smiley. I know you will want to contest, you and relationship things sha grin
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:33pm On May 12, 2015
Dotwillis1:
good...it shouldn't be a random selection thing.

...I'm in tho, to contest
Hope you've seen the notification.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:

Yes, take up the challenge. You have the wits and intellect. I would love to take on you. cheesy

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Let's wait and see
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:

Sir, I've always rooted for inter-cerebral battles/brainstorming as against the ubiquitous vanity fairs here. Thanks for the nomination. My TheSonOfMark moniker would be active again on the flip side of dawn (judging from the feelers I am getting).

Marieolae; thanks miss.
satisfactory. We will be rooting for you then. smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Geenickel(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:
cool
declaration of interest..... cc.Naijaboiy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:
Only retar.ds fear brainstorming. Howelse does one rein in the knowledge garnered from putting one's nose to the grindstone and channelling them to affect worldviews?

Have you also noticed that some moniker which, by default, are on every thread are nowhere to be found here?

I'm also interested to see more ladies engage in this course. It will be more fun if it's ambisexual. I expect more of them to volunteer and be part of this great initiative.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:37pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:

A key ingredient needed for relationship growth is RESPECT.

One of the ways partners demonstrate this is by respecting each others privacy and applying that element of TRUST. This applies especially to budding couples.

So I am with blackett on this one. You don't need to have your partners password.
The same way you agree with him is also the same way someone else may disagree.

So every matter is debatable.

The only problem is if it's controversial enough to draw people's attention and if it will be easy for contestants to garner points.

Please let's not put down the suggestions of others. Instead we should bring in ours.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by sinizia: 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
Chiam55:

No I wanna be judge because I'm impartial and most importantly I'm honest even if the truth is against me. cheesy @ naijaboiy dis my campaign speech cool

You're open-minded which means you can argue for and against any subject. wink

If you become a judge, you'll award more points/marks to people with dimples, and i lack one. No way, you'll make a bad judge. tongue grin

@Missclasssy, thanks for the mention. And off the record, your DP's are always nice. Keep uploading them please. wink
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Dotwillis1(m): 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hope you've seen the notification.
yhur!
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
Nobody has been made a judge yet.

What we have are just nominations. Nominees are to accept and then a poll will be carried out.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

The same way you agree with him is also the same way someone else may disagree.

So every matter is debatable.

The only problem is if it's controversial enough to draw people's attention and if it will be easy for contestants to garner points.

Please let's not put down the suggestions of others. Instead we should bring in ours.

I never said the matter wasn't debatable, neither did I put down anyone's suggestion.
I just stated my opinion on a subject matter where my moniker was tagged.

Please don't paint me as the villain here. l like your idea and I am in full support of it.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:41pm On May 12, 2015
marieolae:
Is your partner entitled to your social media password in a very committed relationship

I think this is a good topic
Cc.naija boiy
It will be considered.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:41pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:

A crucial cataylst needed for relationship growth is RESPECT.

One of the ways partners demonstrate this is by respecting each others privacy and applying that key element of TRUST. This applies especially to unmarried couples.

Oops. Very nice. It will really be entertaining to watch the both of you on opposite sides of a disputation. Fingers crossed. cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:42pm On May 12, 2015
missclasssy:

[color=#000050]I never said the matter wasn't debatable, neither did I put down anyone's suggestion.
I just stated my opinion on a subject matter where my moniker was tagged.

Please don't paint me as the villain here. l like your idea and I am in full support of it[color=#000050]
cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:43pm On May 12, 2015
Geenickel:

declaration of interest.....
cc.Na ijaboiy
Noted.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 11:45pm On May 12, 2015
Kinglekan, are you up for any position?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 12, 2015
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 12, 2015
I just They see thé thread sha
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

I dey suspect you undecided
Unto wetin?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kinglekan: 11:48pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:
In order to maintain orderliness I think people who have been nominated as prospective judges should kindly accept or reject so that we know those who are of interest.

Cc: PROSPECTIVE JUDGES

1) F.alconey

2) R.onald4lif

3) T.hesonofmark/kcmark

4) de.chandel

5) c.hiam55

6) M.izmycoli

7) t.osyne2much

8 ) o.rijin101

9) b.lackett

10) kinglekan

[size=15pt]

Accepted. This should be interesting. smiley

[/size]
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by mirexxx(f): 11:49pm On May 12, 2015
nice one cheesy naijaboiy cheesy its sad that i won't participate smiley

ipledge cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:50pm On May 12, 2015
Blackett:
I won't accept "any topic at all".

The topic should be thrown open and contestants requested to accept or decline.
Its like a competition where there will be stages up to the finals.

So teams who are to face each other will be given a topic which they will prepare on with a team either opposing or proposing the motion.

It doesn't really matter if your actual point of view is to oppose or propose. What matters is your points and how you are able to convince people and the judges.

That's the fun of it.

That's how debates are normally done.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 12, 2015
KcMark:

Unfortunately, there are hardly threads on this section these days to stimulate brain activity. Just a bunch of _retarded lists mostly conjured from the ass, or stolen from websites.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kinglekan: 11:51pm On May 12, 2015
ronald4lif:
King.lekan, are you up for any position?

Yep bruv!! cool
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 12, 2015
sinizia:

@Missclasssy, thanks for the mention. And off the record, your DP's are always nice. Keep uploading them please. wink

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her / 23 Years Old Nigeria Man, Marries 68 Years Old Greek Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.