Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) (29026 Views)

Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards, 2016(nomination Thread). / Official Romance Section End Of The Year Awards 2015 (nomination Thread) / Why Is 18 The Official Age To Have Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 12, 2015
mirexxx:
nice one cheesy naijaboiy cheesy
its sad that i won't participate smiley

ipledge cheesy
my sweetheart, wink how are you
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Its like a competition where there will be stages up to the finals.

So teams who are to face each other will be given a topic which they will prepare on with a team either opposing or proposing the motion.

It doesn't really matter if your actual point of view is to oppose or propose. What matters is your points and how you are able to convince people and the judges.

That's the fun of it.

That's how debates are normally done.
We are saying the same thing.

If I don't like a topic, I won't bother debating on it. Like the password stuff marie mentioned. I don't find it worthy of a debate. Even Jesus Christ cannot make me debate on that cos to me, it's arrantly pointless.

Conclusively, therefore, my point of view matters. My point of view most times is a capital NO, with no further reason to expatiate. . .
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 11:56pm On May 12, 2015
mirexxx:
nice one cheesy naij aboiy cheesy
its sad that i won't participate smiley

ipled ge cheesy
Hey thanks!

You are now busy these days ehn! cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:00am On May 13, 2015
kinglekan:

Yep bruv!! cool

Great.

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 12:04am On May 13, 2015
Blackett:
We are saying the same thing.

If I don't like a topic, I won't bother debating on it. Like the password stuff marie mentioned. I don't find it worthy of a debate. Even Jesus Christ cannot make me debate on that cos to me, it's arrantly pointless.

Conclusively, therefore, my point of view matters. My point of view most times is a capital NO, with no further reason to expatiate. . .
If you choose not to debate on a topic,,how about the people in your team? Will they choose not to debate too.

And how are we sure what you find debatable will be debatable for others?

This is something that everybody will take part in.

So what is your suggestion then? Because I don't see any better way this can be done without anyone complaining.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:06am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

If you choose not to debate on a topic,,how about the people in your team? Will they choose not to debate too.

So what is your suggestion then? Because I don't see any better way this can be done without anyone complaining.
Whenever there's a topic, you ask for opposing and supporting contestants to step forward.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by damseyl(f): 12:11am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
I just They see thé thread sha
hi cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:12am On May 13, 2015
damseyl:
hi cheesy
Wow...have been looking for you...I cant really remember ur moniker cheesy
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:18am On May 13, 2015
Borrussia, Kradleber and LogoDwiz should also kindly register their presence here and take up a position.

I don't even know the ladies one need to draw their attention here. Perhaps Twaci, Tashaamania and Tohpahz should be up for a position too.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by damoskiy(m): 12:21am On May 13, 2015
Naijaboiy in as a participant.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:24am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

We should have so many groups,many topics to debate about and thé groups facing each other agree on a particular topic
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:25am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
Borrussia, Kradleber and LogoDwiz should also kindly register their presence here and take up a position.

I don't even know the ladies one need to draw their attention here. Perhaps Twaci, Tashaamania and Tohpahz should be up for a position too.
Meself won debate...
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by mirexxx(f): 12:30am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hey thanks!

You are now busy these days ehn! cheesy
school jare cry
hope you're good? smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by mirexxx(f): 12:31am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
my sweetheart, wink how are you
I am fine smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 12:33am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

I'm here bro.. which one i fit do?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Dotwillis1(m): 12:34am On May 13, 2015
damseyl:
willis wasup smiley. I know you will want to contest, you and relationship things sha grin
funny,
How r yhu?

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 12:37am On May 13, 2015
marieolae:
This will be interesting!! grin

Its gonna be interesting for sure but that's not enough for you to say ... i want you to participate too..

I want in Naijaboiy as a Debater grin

You might wanna correct that "debator" too ..it's supposed to be Debater

1 Like

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:39am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

I'm here bro.. which one i fit do?

You're suited for both actually. Though I think you participating as a contestant will be more intriguing and entertaining. Choice is yours sha but be looking forward for my recommendation of you when it get to that stage.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by tohpahz(f): 12:39am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Position?? Wat position?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:41am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
Meself won debate...

On what capacity; judge or contestant?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:41am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

On what capacity; judge or contestant?
contestant
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by Nobody: 12:42am On May 13, 2015
mirexxx:
I am fine smiley
u still up this late wink
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:44am On May 13, 2015
tohpahz:

Position?? Wat position?

Contestant/debater but you have a choice to choose on which capacity you wish to participate on. And you may (not sure about the organiser opinion on this sha) also decide on which topic you intend to be part of the debating crew. Hope you'll take up the challenge.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by mirexxx(f): 12:44am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
u still up this late wink
yeah! i'll go to bed soon smiley
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
contestant

Okay na. Let's see how the voting and recommendation exercise turns out.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by damseyl(f): 12:47am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
Wow...have been looking for you...I cant really remember ur moniker cheesy
lol..

So are you in for the contest?
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 12:49am On May 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

You're suited for both actually. Though I think you participating as a contestant will be more intriguing and entertaining. Choice is yours sha but be looking forward for my recommendation of you when it get to that stage.

Aight dawg.. I'm in as a Debater/ Contestant.
Though I've never seen the previous editions. You'd probably brief me a lil and bring me up to speed
Do you know what the previous ones were titled?cos I wanna Google it and read it ..
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 12:52am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Its gonna be interesting for sure but that's not enough for you to say ... i want you to participate too..

I want in Naijaboiy as a Debater grin

You might wanna correct that "debator" too ..it's supposed to be Debater

Noted.

Well I was confused. After typing "debater" it kept showing the red line so I changed it to "debator" and it didn't change.

Then I left it that way.

Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by naijaboiy: 12:54am On May 13, 2015
Ipledge:
We should have so many groups,many topics to debate about and thé groups facing each other agree on a particular topic
Okay I think I get it now.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by AbuMikey(m): 12:54am On May 13, 2015
Aii
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by ronald4lif(m): 12:57am On May 13, 2015
kradleber:

Aight dawg.. I'm in as a Debater/ Contestant.
Though I've never seen the previous editions. You'd probably brief me a lil and bring me up to speed
Do you know what the previous ones were titled?cos I wanna Google it and read it ..

Great. I don't think there are previous or similar versions. If there are any then I'm oblivious about it. This is a first time initiative by the OP and a host of members finds it interesting and challenging to discuss on variety of issues affecting relationship. It will be in form of a debating camp. Marie suggested a topic like "should partners have access to each other's password". Just stuffs like that.
Re: The Official Romance Section Debate: (preparation Thread) by kradleber: 1:00am On May 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Noted.

Well I was confused. After typing "debater" it kept showing the red line so I changed it to "debator" and it didn't change.

Then I left it that way.

Nahh its debater.. Most of all these Androids and automatons are mainly programmed for outdated dictionary and standard English.. but new words are invented everyday so most of em' ain't upgraded yet.. see mine didn't underline debater but underlined debator.. kinda weird ..

can you help me with a link to any of the past editions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You / Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her / 23 Years Old Nigeria Man, Marries 68 Years Old Greek Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.