Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships (58780 Views)

Guys Trying To Impress Ladies - Read This / Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 21, 2015
Rapmoney:
Have you ever dipped your fingers in a pot of Melon Soup (Egusi) without heating or getting it refrigerated? The next day, be sure that your soup will become sour!!! This is possibly what could become of your relationship and emotional feelings when 'distance' is involved, especially, when this 'distance' is not handled with enough maturity!

I personally think it is basically foolish trying to maintain distant relationships when the two persons involve do no wish to get married or are not ready to settle down as husband and wife within the shortest possible time! If your girlfriend lives in Uyo and you live in Akure, the burden and regular emotional pains that distant relationships bring could be better tamed if both of you would be tying the knot as soon as possible. On the other hand, in a situation where both of you are still confused on the future of the relationship or there are no serious plans for marriage on ground, you could both be deceiving yourselves while living in constant emotional torture!!! wink

'Love', no matter how fake it is, grows when the persons that are involved are physically present with each other to ignite the ingredients of romance in the relationship. When romance leaves through the door in a relationship, affection, care and attention are definitely going to leave through the windows! 'Love' would become a mirage and relationship would be recklessly abandoned and forgotten!

As partners, doing things together such as going to the cinema, shopping, strolling and holding hands in the park, watching movies together at home, cracking jokes and seeing the smiles on the faces of each other go a long way in boosting romance cool. On the contrary, these things are not present in distant affairs! Relationship needs physical body contact, if truth be told. That's the easiest way to reduce unnecessary tension, jealousy, accusations and counter-accusations, constant cheating and lying and all other funny things that go along with distant affairs!!!

In this world that we live in, where materialism and sex are fast becoming the foundations of most relationships, you should sincerely think about it...whether the one you romantically call 'your love' is fervently sincere with you too cool. I mean, phone calls and chats are just so boring and useless without physical contact!!!

I am not a misogynist and has never been but experiences and observations have clearly shown that ladies cheat more in distant relationships because they are more prone to romantic pressures from other men; some may be carried away by materialism and the pressure to have sex!!! This explains why you may be in Warri, happy that you have a loving girlfriend that lives in Lagos, not knowing that one sharp banker with slick tongue and posh car is banging her in and out! In no time, her care and attention for you would decrease; she would call and text lesser and discussions on phone would become so boring! You should know it is almost coming to an end! wink. If you don't have any plans of getting married soonest, don't waste your time on distant affairs! I would even suggest you use the money you spend on regular, boring and long phone calls on online betting because you cold be wasting your resources on a girl someone else is 'eating' cool

Distant relationship is full of pains, lies, emotional trauma, unnecessary troubles, jealousy and fear all occassioned by lack of physical presence!
1000000 likes for u biko! Good radiance 2bad rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by sammieguze(m): 9:14am On Oct 21, 2015
Word!!!

Bt then.... When there is WILL, there ll always be a WAY
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by ellahzy(f): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2015
embarassed
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Debayurr: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2015
These are just exactly my thoughts.....am just on a verge of such relationship and just recently i try as much as possible to stop thinking mine could be better...i just aint cut out for such trauma..and i dont even know how to keep her as a friend cos the more i do that the more am thinking about her but something is certain.Since i don't get to see her everyday i think i can ease off occupying my thoughts about her
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by ellahzy(f): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2015
embarassed
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by fromnigeria(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2015
Rapmoney:
When romance leaves through the door in a relationship, affection, care and attention are definitely going to leave through the windows! 'Love' would become a mirage and relationship would be recklessly abandoned and forgotten!
Op it would have made sense if you stated clearly how much of your own view/opinion this post is.

Have you not seen a case where even after removing romance and its likes in a relationship, you find out you still care about each other.

You've not seen sincerity, you've not seen it all.

You're talking about the world, i tell you, some persons are out of this world.

BTW kudos for your observation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Frank3n2(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2015
Am single....

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by donhils: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2015
Nice piece. I wish some people can just see this.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by mysyto(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2015
StephanieEzeh:
Op are you trying to say only girls cheat in distant relationship?
Yes of course you cnt control ur konjees grin
StephanieEzeh:
Op are you trying to say only girls cheat in distant relationship?
Yes of course you cnt control ur konjees
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by eterisan(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2015
fromnigeria:

Op it would have made sense if you stated clearly how much of your own view/opinion this post is.

Have you not seen a case where even after removing romance and its likes in a relationship, you find out you still care about each other.

You've not seen sincerity, you've not seen it all.

You're talking about the world, i tell you, some persons are out of this world.

BTW kudos for your observation.

My brother everything this op has said is correct i have been dating this girl for 5 years. 3 of those years were spent with miles between us. My experience has thought me that there will come a time one of both parties will crack and CHEAT. In my case turned out we both did at same time. But the funny thing is how i still love and care for her with all my heart.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Godset1: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2015
Well hmmmmmmmmmm. This is really touching. I am a live witness to this write-up. @ THE end nothing is Achieved. Although, I am now in another distance relationship but but d fact is that I am facilitating things up right now. I don't want to record d first incident.

Thanks Op for this beautiful write up.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by allytinted: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2015
GahtU:
yes I live in Uyo n he stays in Akure n its going to work whether u like it or not. My parent lived apart for d first 16yrs of deir marriage, now dey r living together happily n till death. So OP its abt wat we want n our determination. So u can go n knock off ur head or neck in fact hit something BT if u think coming here to get supporters to destroy wat we av build is going to make us crack, den I can c how frustrated u r. Mind ur damn biz cos its enough trouble for u. Mtcheew....
dt moment wen someone feel guilty and decided to press d capital letter P. Bros abeg take heart ehn.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Vikky014(f): 9:30am On Oct 21, 2015
GahtU:
yes I live in Uyo n he stays in Akure n its going to work whether u like it or not. My parent lived apart for d first 16yrs of deir marriage, now dey r living together happily n till death. So OP its abt wat we want n our determination. So u can go n knock off ur head or neck in fact hit something BT if u think coming here to get supporters to destroy wat we av build is going to make us crack, den I can c how frustrated u r. Mind ur damn biz cos its enough trouble for u. Mtcheew....
HAHAHAHAHAHaha. #FAINTS

Dnt take it personal Honey
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by tobeetoe(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2015
Rapmoney:
Have you ever dipped your fingers in a pot of Melon Soup (Egusi) without heating or getting it refrigerated? The next day, be sure that your soup will become sour!!! This is possibly what could become of your relationship and emotional feelings when 'distance' is involved, especially, when this 'distance' is not handled with enough maturity!

I personally think it is basically foolish trying to maintain distant relationships when the two persons involve do no wish to get married or are not ready to settle down as husband and wife within the shortest possible time! If your girlfriend lives in Uyo and you live in Akure, the burden and regular emotional pains that distant relationships bring could be better tamed if both of you would be tying the knot as soon as possible. On the other hand, in a situation where both of you are still confused on the future of the relationship or there are no serious plans for marriage on ground, you could both be deceiving yourselves while living in constant emotional torture!!! wink

'Love', no matter how fake it is, grows when the persons that are involved are physically present with each other to ignite the ingredients of romance in the relationship. When romance leaves through the door in a relationship, affection, care and attention are definitely going to leave through the windows! 'Love' would become a mirage and relationship would be recklessly abandoned and forgotten!

As partners, doing things together such as going to the cinema, shopping, strolling and holding hands in the park, watching movies together at home, cracking jokes and seeing the smiles on the faces of each other go a long way in boosting romance cool. On the contrary, these things are not present in distant affairs! Relationship needs physical body contact, if truth be told. That's the easiest way to reduce unnecessary tension, jealousy, accusations and counter-accusations, constant cheating and lying and all other funny things that go along with distant affairs!!!

In this world that we live in, where materialism and sex are fast becoming the foundations of most relationships, you should sincerely think about it...whether the one you romantically call 'your love' is fervently sincere with you too cool. I mean, phone calls and chats are just so boring and useless without physical contact!!!

I am not a misogynist and has never been but experiences and observations have clearly shown that ladies cheat more in distant relationships because they are more prone to romantic pressures from other men; some may be carried away by materialism and the pressure to have sex!!! This explains why you may be in Warri, happy that you have a loving girlfriend that lives in Lagos, not knowing that one sharp banker with slick tongue and posh car is banging her in and out! In no time, her care and attention for you would decrease; she would call and text lesser and discussions on phone would become so boring! You should know it is almost coming to an end! wink. If you don't have any plans of getting married soonest, don't waste your time on distant affairs! I would even suggest you use the money you spend on regular, boring and long phone calls on online betting because you cold be wasting your resources on a girl someone else is 'eating' cool

Distant relationship is full of pains, lies, emotional trauma, unnecessary troubles, jealousy and fear all occassioned by lack of physical presence!
Stale. Ok, what if the guy lives in the US and the lady does reside in Nigeria and vice versa. What do you make of it? You got some points right but ended wack.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by rlgiwa(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2015
I really don't completely agree with this article, personally I feel its an individual thing, some people have done distance relationships nd still end up 2geda cheating is a normal thing now,as even some people still cheat even if their other party is available. Nd 4 da record never generalize ya articles without appropriate fact
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nina4u(f): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2015
slinkman:
na so the yahoo yahoo dey first start.. grin
no yahoo guy ..hes a struggling musician ..he has cds out ..fanclub ..he is known but not a superstar ...
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by fexyrich(m): 9:32am On Oct 21, 2015
I remember I broke up with my ex because of distant relationship..I was serving back then in uyo while she was doing her IT in lagos..Not knowing that one working class man was eating her and after sometims I started suspecting cos the whole thing was even becoming more boring.Less calls and more quarells was the new experience we had and this was cos I was always suspecting her knowing she is one sex freak of a girl.I had to dump her for another girl around me when I found out my suspision was right.. Avoid distant relationships its a form of deceit and even God doesn't permit it esp for the married cos by so doing you are creating enuf room for temptations which I can tell u would be very hard to resist,its not worth it at all..
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by blessedly(f): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2015
Cutehector:
lol I don't thrive in distant frndships.... And I'm so tired of chats.. They become so boring. Recently I stopped chatting with some cool chics I met on nairaland cuz I figured out dat they dnt hav any plans of meetin in prson...

One thing I noticed in life nowadys is this, people only chat cuz they r bored, not because they wish to see u in person. Even if one party plans to meet the oda in person and hopes things will get to d next level from there, the other person may not feel the same way.. So it justs gets useless...

Nwadays, I prefer meeting more of real ladies dan makin female frnds online...

really? is that why you stopped chatting me up?
I thought we had something going..... #lastyear#shaa
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
Just gerraout here mehn with dis shit u wrote!so men don cheat abi?dey cheat pass devil self cheesy
Are u sure u did not take shots of ogogoro before typing this?
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2015
Rapmoney:

U DE MUMU URSELF THERE. DEY TALK OF DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS, MARRIED WOMEN WHO LIVE WITH THEIR HUSBANDS LIVE AND DIRECT ARE THERE CHEATING, YOU ARE TALKING OF DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS. MSCHEW.. YOU CAN NEVER BE 100% PERFECT, MANAGE WHAT YOU HAVE. I HAVE SEEN HUSBANDS DROPPING OFF THEIR WIVES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPLEXES WHERE THEY SELL LITTLE THINGS. AND I SEE THESE WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH EVERYTHING THE WORLD CAN GIVE BUT YET THEY STILL HAVE SEX RIGHT IN OUR VERY EYES. DEY TALK OF DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP, NO SETTLE WITH THE ONE WEY DE AT HAND. MAMU.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Kulas: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2015
Good write n hundred percent true.I pity pple in long distance relationship.Eighty percent of long distance relationship n marriage are deceiption believe it or not.Ur girl go dey there dey 4k,u go dey here dey 4k also,same with married men n women n d irony of it is that d two will maintain as if nothing is going wrong.But I want to tell u that if they gather like 100 persons in long distance marriage n relationship and told them they must swear Okija shrine to prove they did not 4k anoda man or woman all tru d long distance relationship,u will be shocked that 80 of them won't swear it on d ground that they 4k.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
Guy! You're a piece of facts dispenser. All what you highlighted can practically be experienced by at least 70% of a 100% of partners if a practical is to be carried out. Women are prone to this habit of cheating in a Distant relationship because of their expressive and frivolous nature. I agree with you on this bruv...... Sharing it right Now to my friends.....
Thanks! Peeps like u keep us going cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2015
wristbangle:
Superb writeup rapmoney. smiley
Guy, I dey see you cheesy wink
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Edusouls(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2015
well said my man, it is a very matured talk,tell them.as i have experienced this same thing, my very loved girl friend those days,we lived apart, by the time i found out that she was being recklessly bleeped in their home by one sharp guy,i was heartbroken and devastated..let me tell guys the fact is that the black woman is the most dishonest and insincere set of women in the whole wide world...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2015
lacasera14:
Rapmoney remind me to buy you groundnut and gala tomorrow for this write up.
No, na Bobo and Caprisonne I want grin grin
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by maryhaam(f): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2015
rexkexmilan:
Even close relationship is Not safe anymore, not to talk of distance relationship!!!
you are on track, if you step out bye hon,when people that are married are bored,what happen to people that are just in a relationship, I hear.
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by gloshennel: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2015
pls Mr.Writer! guys too cheat in distant relationships...no be only gals joor!
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by robosky02(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
Lol,babe long distance is just my thing cheesy

ok like we do right?
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by Babaken(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2015
Chai op you have said it all if only my mum will understand everything you just said here .
Re: The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships by AreaFada2: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2015
NiRfreak:
Distant relationship and marriage are two journeys you must embark on with sheer FAITH otherwise you will just end up with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE coupled with SUDDEN DEATH. If you don't have enough faith desist from those two journeys until you must have gathered enough faith as your shock absorber.

People should just accept now that even if you're married and live together, it still doesn't guarantee fidelity.

Women are even more under pressure to cheat now. Be it with her boss at work or clients.

Even a housewife sitting at home can hook up with men via social media. Easy peasy.

Can you realistically 60% expect fidelity from a person you are not married to?

We have reached a moral low. Distance or no distance.
I keep reminding people of research results though people don't want to hear:

50% of first born kids don't belong to supposed biological dad.
30% of all kids don't belong to supposed biological dad.

I have two friends whose kids in 9ja failed paternity test and therefore couldn't join them in UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ladies, Know The Type Of Work A Guy Does Before Agreeing To Be His Girlfriend / Man Rests On His Fiancee's Chest In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Puts His Girlfriend's Picture On A Billboard To Celebrate Her Birthday (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.