Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49404 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2009
Aslm alkm,

@I,
I'm afraid but responding stupid might tantamount you becoming a stupid as well. Please, be warned!

Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 2
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
muhsin:

Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 2

nice hadeeth,
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

The prophet peace be upon him said: "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and thrown in the (Hell) Fire, so that his intestines will come out, and he will go around like a donkey goes around a millstone. The people of (Hell) Fire will gather around him and say: O so-and-so! What is wrong with you? Didn't you use to order us to do good deeds and forbid us to do bad deeds? He will reply: Yes, I used to order you to do good deeds, but I did not do them myself, and I used to forbid you to do bad deeds, yet I used to do them myself."

Bukhari, hadith #489
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
muhsin:

Assalamu alaikum,

The prophet peace be upon him said: "A man will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and thrown in the (Hell) Fire, so that his intestines will come out, and he will go around like a donkey goes around a millstone. The people of (Hell) Fire will gather around him and say: O so-and-so! What is wrong with you? Didn't you use to order us to do good deeds and forbid us to do bad deeds? He will reply: Yes, I used to order you to do good deeds, but I did not do them myself, and I used to forbid you to do bad deeds, yet I used to do them myself."

Bukhari, hadith #489

This is an interesting one.

Do u think that the character in this haddith can be mohammed?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2009
noetic2:

Do u think that the character in this haddith can be mohammed?

NO.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
muhsin:

NO.

why not?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
Because you don't know him. smiley
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2009
muhsin:

Because you don't know him. smiley

according to his deeds in the haddith and koran. . . . can he be the person described in the haddith u posted?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2009
You don't read what other posters have written, noetic2. If not you would not have been reiterating this question. How? The very answer of it is there in this thread--OP. Here I quote:

And the Almighty Allah says regarding the Prophet Muhammad's words, actions, approval or attributes, "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

You see? ALL his actions were guided by Allah, the Exalted. Thus how is he supposed to be punished by Him after what He wants was what he did? Simple.

Moreover, you once asked; has Allah ever mentioned that He forgave the Prophet. Here is the answer I gave you:

Allah (S.W.T) says unto the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): "That Allah may forgive thee thy faults of the past and those to follow; fulfill His favour to thee; and guide thee on the Straight Way" (Fath 48:2)

"Allah turned with favour to the prophet, the Muhajiri (people who migrated with him from Mekka to Medina); And the Ansar (Medinan people, who gave him shelter, protection, etc),--who followed in a time of distress, (9:117)

There are more verses where that is mentioned.

Again, some verses even reported that whoever follow his example (deeds, sayings, orders, etc), Paradise is granted for him. For example Chapter 9 verse 10, etc.

May Allah, the Most Exalted, guide us, ameen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
muhsin:

You don't read what other posters have written, noetic2. If not you would not have been reiterating this question. How? The very answer of it is there in this thread--OP. Here I quote:

And the Almighty Allah says regarding the Prophet Muhammad's words, actions, approval or attributes, "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

You see? ALL his actions were guided by Allah, the Exalted. Thus how is he supposed to be punished by Him after what He wants was what he did? Simple.

Moreover, you once asked; has Allah ever mentioned that He forgave the Prophet. Here is the answer I gave you:

Allah (S.W.T) says unto the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): "That Allah may forgive thee thy faults of the past and those to follow; fulfill His favour to thee; and guide thee on the Straight Way" (Fath 48:2)

"Allah turned with favour to the prophet, the Muhajiri (people who migrated with him from Mekka to Medina); And the Ansar (Medinan people, who gave him shelter, protection, etc),--who followed in a time of distress, (9:117)

There are more verses where that is mentioned.

Again, some verses even reported that whoever follow his example (deeds, sayings, orders, etc), Paradise is granted for him. For example Chapter 9 verse 10, etc.

May Allah, the Most Exalted, guide us, ameen.

are u saying that the character described in that haddith is not forgiven? why was he not forgiven? and no one has been able to tell me why EXACTLY allah chose to forgive the past and future sins of mohammed, considering that allah has never forgiven anyone?

I dont want to derail this haddith. but thou has not answered my question.
if we analyse the deeds of mohammed as written in the haddiths dont u think that mohammed fits the character described in ur haddith?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Noetic2,

Did you ever read between the lines of a rely? I doubt, really doubt. If not lets see something here:

What's your question?
-You asked if prophet Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, is that character of that hadeeth. I fully answered that and gave you verses where that is mentioned.
-You all of a sudden changed and created anew question, which is quite irrelevant here. And Allah so kind, the answer of your second questions are right inside my first intake. Read here:

Are these people not forgiven by Allah, the Most Exalted, eh?

Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2009
Lets retake it;

If you really believe with the mention of that Hadeeth character and its possible happening on the day of resurrection, then why don't you believe with the mention of Allah, the Exalted, regarding His prophet's ENTIRE life?

To shade a bit more light; Qur'an is more authentic that any Hadeeth. Take note, am not saying every single hadeeth is not authentic but the authenticity of Qur'an verses is higher. Hope my point is clear.

Hence, the Almighty Allah says: "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

Therefore, considering that verse and many others, we can unanimously, rationally, intelligently and reasonably CONCLUDE that he is NOT because he CANNOT be that character.

Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

Lets retake it;

If you really believe with the mention of that Hadeeth character and its possible happening on the day of resurrection, then why don't you believe with the mention of Allah, the Exalted, regarding His prophet's ENTIRE life?

To shade a bit more light; Qur'an is more authentic that any Hadeeth. Take note, am not saying every single hadeeth is not authentic but the authenticity of Qur'an verses is higher. Hope my point is clear.

Hence, the Almighty Allah says: "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

Therefore, considering that verse and many others, we can unanimously, rationally, intelligently and reasonably CONCLUDE that he is NOT because he CANNOT be that character.

Thanks

this is not as hard as u are suggesting. neither does this have anything to do with allah's personality.

ur statement in bold is FALSE and INCONCLUSIVE. let us list the actions and inactions of mohammed and then see if he cannot be that character.
so u list mohammed's deeds and let analyse.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
As my Creator, your Creator, says; Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, ". . .errs not nor does he deviate. . .(53:2)
Hence, talking about the list; he's a perfect man.

May Allah, the Most Exalted, guide us, amin.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for the others' faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!"wink

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 90
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

As my Creator, your Creator, says; Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention, ". . .errs not nor does he deviate. . .(53:2)
Hence, talking about the list; he's a perfect man.

May Allah, the Most Exalted, guide us, amin.

what list? u have not listed his deeds, have u?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2009
noetic2:

what list? u have not listed his deeds, have u?

Thats the reason d'etre of this OP. Go back and read the ones available so far. Others are coming, inshaAllah.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
muhsin:

Thats the reason d'etre of this OP. Go back and read the ones available so far. Others are coming, inshaAllah.

are u being honest here?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2009
Narrated Abu Huraira:

While 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab) was delivering the Khutba on a Friday, a man entered (the mosque). 'Umar asked him, "What has detained you from the prayer?" The man said, "It was only that when I heard the Adhan I performed ablution (for the prayer)." On that 'Umar said, "Did you not hear the Prophet saying: 'Anyone of you going out for the Jumua prayer should take a bath'?".
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2009
noetic2:

are u being honest here?

Very much. Go and re-read what is the meaning of "HADEETH" I gave, i.e. #01, on this page. Thanks

mukina2:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

While 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab) was delivering the Khutba on a Friday, a man entered (the mosque). 'Umar asked him, "What has detained you from the prayer?" The man said, "It was only that when I heard the Adhan I performed ablution (for the prayer)." On that 'Umar said, "Did you not hear the Prophet saying: 'Anyone of you going out for the Jumua prayer should take a bath'?".

Very good one, Mukina2. May Allah bless.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mukina2: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
muhsin:

Very good one, Mukina2. May Allah bless.
Amin.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated Abu Musa:

While we were with Allah's Apostle in a holy battle, we never went up a hill or reached its peak or went down a valley but raised our voices with Takbir. Allah's Apostle came close to us and said, "O people! Don't exert yourselves, for you do not call a deaf or an absent one, but you call the All-Listener, the All-Seer." The Prophet then said, "O 'Abdullah bin Qais! Shall I teach you a sentence which is from the treasures of Paradise? ( It is): 'La haula wala quwata illa billah. (There is neither might nor power except with Allah)."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 77 :: Hadith 607
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2009
Assalamu alaikum,

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet (PBUH) used to start every thing from the right (for good things) whenever it was possible in all his affairs; for example: in washing, combing or wearing shoes.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Number 418
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
muhsin:

Very much. Go and re-read what is the meaning of "HADEETH" I gave, i.e. #01, on this page. Thanks

I just did. It does not state the exact deeds of mohammed, it only gives a list of commandments. what are the deeds of mohammed?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2009
noetic2:

I just did. It does not state the exact deeds of mohammed, it only gives a list of commandments. what are the deeds of mohammed?

You didn't. Why is it hard for you to tell truth? No offense intended. smiley

Reason: had it been you did you would not have said what you say, for even the hadeeth above your post talks about the Prophet's deed.

Thanks
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2009
muhsin:

You didn't. Why is it hard for you to tell truth? No offense intended. smiley

Reason: had it been you did you would not have said what you say, for even the hadeeth above your post talks about the Prophet's deed.

Thanks

why do u have a problem listing them?

just state that oh mohammed gave to the poor, helped the weak . . . . , , . . . . .

just list them for analysis sake and to educate non-muslims.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by muhsin(m): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
noetic2:

why do u have a problem listing them?

just state that oh mohammed gave to the poor, helped the weak . . . . , , . . . . .

just list them for analysis sake and to educate non-muslims.

Let me repeat what I told you the other time:

Why did I say that?

Hadeeth simply means his deeds and much more. And there are thousands of them. But God's willing as time goes I (or any other Muslim member) will continue listing them, i.e. writing the hadeeth.

May Allah guide us all.

NB:
This is my last post for the day. Don't think otherwise if you see me gone. InshaAllah next time--probably Monday. Until then. . . Ciao!
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by ffyari: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
you are uneducated- non Muslim.

Muslims consider Muhammed as the greatest man on earth, Christians as

well consider Jesus as the greatest man on earth….etc, it's natural,

but when a non-Muslim praises our prophet, and says he is the

greatest, oh yeah, this is unnatural indeed.

-Michael H. Hart , the author of The 100: A Ranking of the Most

Influential Persons in History, decided to choose Muhammad peace be

upon him as the Most Influential Person in History of mankind.

Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100

-JULES MASSERMAN, U.S. psychoanalyst: Leaders must fulfill three

functions —provide for the well-being of the led, provide a social

organization in which people feel relatively secure, and provide them

with one set of beliefs. People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in

the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and

Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second

and perhaps the third sense, Jesus and Buddha belong in the third

category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammed,

who combined all three functions. To a lesser degree, Moses did the

same.

-JAMES GAVIN, U.S. lieutenant general (ret.): Among leaders who have

made the greatest impact through the ages, I would consider Mohammed,

Jesus Christ, maybe Lenin, possibly Mao.

Muhammed is the central human figure of the religion of Islam and is

regarded by Muslims as the messenger and prophet of God , the last and

the greatest in a series of prophets of Islam. Muslims consider him

the restorer of the uncorrupted original monotheistic faith (Islam) of

Adam, Abraham, Moses, Noah and other prophets of Islam. He was also

active as a diplomat, merchant, philosopher, orator, legislator,

reformer, military general.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by mustyhope(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2009
Why!!! Christan always wanted to abused Islam and Muslims, you (Christan) should know that Muslim have a very big regards to Jesus as the messenger and servant of Allah Almighty!!! not a God Himself. There is no time where I have seen a Muslim was trying to abused Christian or their religion.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by noetic2: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2009
mustyhope:

Why!!! Christan always wanted to abused Islam and Muslims, you (Christan) should know that Muslim have a very big regards to Jesus as the messenger and servant of Allah Almighty!!! not a God Himself. There is no time where I have seen a Muslim was trying to abused Christian or their religion.

Jesus is not a messenger. Jesus does not know allah. get ur facts straight before spinning out lies.

ffyari:

you are uneducated- non Muslim.

Muslims consider Muhammed as the greatest man on earth, Christians as

well consider Jesus as the greatest man on earth….etc, it's natural,

but when a non-Muslim praises our prophet, and says he is the

greatest, oh yeah, this is unnatural indeed.

-Michael H. Hart , the author of The 100: A Ranking of the Most

Influential Persons in History, decided to choose Muhammad peace be

upon him as the Most Influential Person in History of mankind.

Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100

-JULES MASSERMAN, U.S. psychoanalyst: Leaders must fulfill three

functions —provide for the well-being of the led, provide a social

organization in which people feel relatively secure, and provide them

with one set of beliefs. People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in

the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and

Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second

and perhaps the third sense, Jesus and Buddha belong in the third

category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Mohammed,

who combined all three functions. To a lesser degree, Moses did the

same.

-JAMES GAVIN, U.S. lieutenant general (ret.): Among leaders who have

made the greatest impact through the ages, I would consider Mohammed,

Jesus Christ, maybe Lenin, possibly Mao.

Muhammed is the central human figure of the religion of Islam and is

regarded by Muslims as the messenger and prophet of God , the last and

the greatest in a series of prophets of Islam. Muslims consider him

the restorer of the uncorrupted original monotheistic faith (Islam) of

Adam, Abraham, Moses, Noah and other prophets of Islam. He was also

active as a diplomat, merchant, philosopher, orator, legislator,

reformer, military general.

what has this rubbish got to do with the list of mohammed's deeds as requested?

muhsin:

Let me repeat what I told you the other time:

Why did I say that?

Hadeeth simply means his deeds and much more. And there are thousands of them. But God's willing as time goes I (or any other Muslim member) will continue listing them, i.e. writing the hadeeth.

May Allah guide us all.

NB:
This is my last post for the day. Don't think otherwise if you see me gone. InshaAllah next time--probably Monday. Until then. . . Ciao!

are u educated at all? why do u have a problem listing the deeds of mohammed?
just list his deeds so that we can analyse the haddith u posted. is there a problem? what are u afraid of?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by littleb(m): 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2009
Prophet Muhammad(PBH) said:
"When a sin is committed before an individual
or a group and they do not prevent it, in spite
of having the capability, then Allah inflicts a severe
punishment on them before their death." (Targheeb)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.