Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! (5354 Views)

What Really Is A Woman's Pride? / If Virginity Is A Woman's Pride........... / Would You Classify These Nigerian Ladies As Wife Material??? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2009
It's been a common phenomenon that some girls find guys attractive and chat them up. It happens such that, when the guy has little or no interest in them, they show a great deal of interest and sometimes talk them into a relationship.

I understand before the guy accepts such proposal, he might have been somewhat interested in the girl, and they both start to kick it. What do you think about this situation? Do you think it's normal for a woman to talk up a guy for a relationship? If you think so, why?

If your opinion is that it ain't normal, why? If it's happened to you before, can you share a little bit of your experience?

PS: In some parts of Africa, they see it as the woman throwing away her pride of womanhood.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by C2H5OH(f): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
I don't know how to comment on this. It's happened to me before but I tried not to think too much of it.
On this side of the world there's nothing abnormal or extradordinary about it.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
C2H5OH:

I don't know how to comment on this. It's happened to me before but I tried not to think too much of it.
On this side of the world there's nothing abnormal or extradordinary about it.

Happened to me more than thrice but I don't see it as abnormal.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by oyinda3(f): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
yea that very common. it's almost the norm.
except with black ppl of course
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

yea that very common. it's almost the norm.
except with black ppl of course

Why the exemption of black people?
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by bluespice(f): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2009
im all for the rights of women, requesting we be treated as human beings and all that feministic BS
but im on the fence on this issue,
i guess it depends on the approach
if she hounds the guy
yeah she's def throwing her pride away (whatever that actually means)
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by SeanT21(f): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
I think its very wrong for a lady to talk a guy into being with her.The whole "commin together" thing needs to be natural.The guy might end up choosing to be with the girl all because of pity.The lady should not force the guy into being with her and vice versa.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by oyinda3(f): 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

Why the exemption of black people?

just speaking generally. black girls tend to expect the guys to toast them.
while with white ppl, the girls are expected to toast the guys.

funny ain't it
maybe just in my experience
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

funny ain't it

You are right.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by SeanT21(f): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

funny ain't it

Really I thought all ladies love waiting for the guy to make the first move?? I know I do!!
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by Joseph6(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
jo oh if u toast me. . . . . .u will receive IT grin grin
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by oyinda3(f): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
SeanT21:

Really I thought all ladies love waiting for the guy to make the first move?? I know I do!!

not all ladies. lol but it's usually preferred that way. i would prefer it that way as well haha so convenient cheesy
i mean britney spears asked kfed out and even initiated the marriage proposal. lol look how they ended up
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by SeanT21(f): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

not all ladies. lol but it's usually preferred that way. i would prefer it that way as well haha so convenient cheesy
i mean britney spears asked kfed out and even initiated the marriage proposal. lol look how they ended up

R U kidding Asking a man for his hands in marriage is not my fortee.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

not all ladies. lol but it's usually preferred that way. i would prefer it that way as well haha so convenient  cheesy

There are relationships where the lady asked the guy out and they did really well -- and still do. Britney Spears was just an arrogantly stupid girl who was way too deep into her own head. Don't even get me started. That girl is a black sheep to womanhood.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by oyinda3(f): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

There are relationships where the lady asked the guy out and they did really well -- and still do. Britney Spears was just an arrogantly stupid girl who was way too deep into her own head. Don't even get me started. That girl is a black sheep to womanhood.

yea definitely. i agree with u

also, when guys are responsible for toasting the girls, the guys usually fall on the short end of the stick. it means that they are the ones who likes the girl more and the girl prolly just followed along and sometimes doesn't like the guy as much ( i mean eventually she likes him better and all that so it works out most of the time)

with the girls that toast the guys, the girl falls on the short end since she likes the guy more and the guy is just following along (ex. kfed hahaha) like u mentioned in ur first post, " he might have been somewhat interested" or "have little or no interest" etc
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyinda.:

yea definitely. i agree with u

also, when guys are responsible for toasting the girls, the guys usually fall on the short end of the stick. it means that they are the ones who likes the girl more and the girl prolly just followed along and sometimes doesn't like the guy as much ( i mean eventually she likes him better and all that so it works out most of the time)

with the girls that toast the guys, the girl falls on the short end since she likes the guy more and the guy is just following along (ex. kfed hahaha) like u mentioned in ur first post, " he might have been somewhat interested" or "have little or no interest" etc

Correctly judged. Although, I still don't think women who talk up guys are losing their pride. It all depends on how the guy sees it. Some guys see it as just plain stupidity. Some take advantage of that to do whatever they want, he'd say "after all she asked me out". But overall, I think a woman who comes out boldly to tell a guy such should be commended for her courage.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by Busybody2(f): 12:44am On Jul 07, 2009
It is a no no for me, I ain't even gonna sit on the fence for this, what if she gets knocked back and gets an iso, ouch embarassed and i heard that iso thing really hurts too cheesy

One thing I have learnt over the years is that if you fancy a guy, smile at him to put him at ease, if he likes you, he will approach you, if he does not fancy you, you still have your pride intact and have lost nothing.

I found this out when i discovered that we had this friend who was not that goodlooking yet always managed to draw guys attention to her to the extent that they'd come over to where we all were and only single her out to talk to her angry

I was already plotting how to broach the subject of what soap/cream she was using to do the trick, when one of our friends pointed out to us that whilst the rest of us ladies were flaring our nostril and had the look of a bulldog chewing a wasp, like a typical naija lady, she was all smiles and had a welcoming friendly disposition that made guys comfortable enough to approach her . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by chiyo: 12:57am On Jul 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

Correctly judged. Although, I still don't think women who talk up guys are losing their pride. It all depends on how the guy sees it. Some guys see it as just plain stupidity. Some take advantage of that to do whatever they want, he'd say "after all she asked me out". But overall, I think a woman who comes out boldly to tell a guy such should be commended for her courage.

I totally agree. i don't think they're losing their pride either and it depends on how the guy interprets it. definitely
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by bluespice(f): 1:22am On Jul 07, 2009
chei!
BB u have no idea how i goofed out on one super hottie one day
i was walking with my straight face jejely oh when this hattie from heaven smiled at me,
i was in heaven immediately i was so shocked i couldnt smile
or reply the idiot i was walking with wanted to run back and tell him i said hi tongue
nywais i missed out on him, turned out he was a friend of a friend's friend
till tomorrow i slap myself for not smiling that day cry grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by chiyo: 1:30am On Jul 07, 2009
bluespice:

i was walking with my straight face jejely oh when this hattie from heaven smiled at me,

that happened to me b4 and it was my crush. i was so shocked lol
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 4:07am On Jul 07, 2009
bluespice:

chei!
BB u have no idea how i goofed out on one super hottie one day
or reply the idiot i was walking with wanted to run back and tell him i said hi tongue
nywais i missed out on him, turned out he was a friend of a friend's friend
till tomorrow i slap myself for not smiling that day cry grin

Strenuous chain of friendship. Anyways, each time you remembered that, I bet you'll feel sober, won't you?
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by bluespice(f): 4:12am On Jul 07, 2009
sober for what and for why?

i was simply gobsmacked at his beauty n smile thats all
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by oyinda3(f): 4:20am On Jul 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

Strenuous chain of friendship.

lol
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 4:21am On Jul 07, 2009
You said you slap yourself till tomorrow for not smiling.  grin grin  Just kidding anyways. But a smile goes a long way I have to say. Personally, I wouldn't go for a lady who doesn't smile. The first thing that attracts me to a lady is her smile and not with ugly teeth grin grin
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by TheSeeker(m): 4:22am On Jul 07, 2009
oyinda.:

lol

grin grin Well, isn't it strenuous? Looks like a factitious link.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by 009kk: 4:52am On Jul 07, 2009
well i really don't like it. i have met this gurl and after sleeping with her, she started asking for a relationship she kept on telling me that she loves me and we should date. i told her i cannot double date becos i have a gf dat i love so much.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by cor4u: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2009
wow guy u sund nice and cool on that way u ar
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by izeek(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2009
everything w used to know is fast changing and taking a new twist.
society has so changed and its only normal that we change Whit it.
its only an unreasonable man that wud not evolve with the times.
ladies now control good jobs, ride flashy cars( thier peko)
and even afford to build their own homes.
the society has made us equal in all, so i dint see anything wrong in her making her intent known to a guy.
if that's how she plays, am gud to roll. as long as i like her.
notin says a forward thinking lady is loose.
she only bold to achieve what she wants. including relationships.
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by biola44: 10:14am On Jul 07, 2009
u r right, i'm cool as long as she has d right attitude
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by Gentlelady(f): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
Nothing wrong with a girl chatting a guy up first,  if she is bold enough and can stand the disappointment if the guy says no.  I will not chat a guy up first but I can make my attraction known in a subtle manner like smiling, greeting him etc.  I have never chatted a guy up first but I have acted in nice friendly manner that showed my interest, to which some guys have reacted positively.  I agree wtih Busybody on her comment below. The word is be friendly and approachable!

Busy_body:

It is a no no for me, I ain't even gonna sit on the fence for this, what if she gets knocked back and gets an iso, ouch embarassed and i heard that iso thing really hurts too cheesy
One thing I have learnt over the years is that if you fancy a guy, smile at him to put him at ease, if he likes you, he will approach you, if he does not fancy you, you still have your pride intact and have lost nothing.
I found this out when i discovered that we had this friend who was not that goodlooking yet always managed to draw guys attention to her to the extent that they'd come over to where we all were and only single her out to talk to her angry
I was already plotting how to broach the subject of what soap/cream she was using to do the trick, when one of our friends pointed out to us that whilst the rest of us ladies were flaring our nostril and had the look of a bulldog chewing a wasp, like a typical naija lady, she was all smiles and had a welcoming friendly disposition that made guys comfortable enough to approach her . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Classify This As Defacing Of A Woman's Pride? Please Ladies And Gents! by mrsb(f): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
Nothing wrong with a girl being forward if she likes a guy. Depends on the guy too I think - some may be turned off whilst others will be turned on!!

Couldn't ask a guy to marry me though - I'd always be wondering if he really wanted to marry me or if he just didn't have the guts to say no! Lol - now I know what you men go through! undecided

As for pride - not sure if its a pride issue. For me, its more how old fashioned a girl is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally Got A Girlfriend! / Girl I Was Eyeing In My Hood Already Asking Me For 5k / Why Is My Boyfriend Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.