Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

2old4that's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2old4that's Profile / 2old4that's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 67 pages)

Family / Re: The Story Behind The Cheating Wife , A Bank Manager(+18) by 2old4that(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Mere looking at her you know she fvckd her way to where she is now.
Celebrities / Re: Pictures From Jesse Jagz Birthday by 2old4that(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2013
vallycan: Fyn bouy jessy....happy birthday icon...

That is why ladies are all over him. Cos they no dey take eyes see boy were fine.
Politics / Re: Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit by 2old4that(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2013
African mentality!
More like saying; He didn't come to my birthday party so I'm not giving him the contract.

Rubbish.
Politics / Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by 2old4that(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2013
@topic
Its their country. Come home and fight for your country. Egyptians are fighting for theirs. When its better for them tomorrow now, every Nigerian would wanna. go there.

Why must we all run away from our country for the politicians to wreck it apart.

2 Likes

Education / Re: On Disparity Between Bsc. And HND by 2old4that(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2013
I had to share this and I must say, the injustice is not fair.
Why allow polytechnics to exists if they must go through such injustice.
Its better they scrab polytechnics. angry
Education / On Disparity Between Bsc. And HND by 2old4that(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2013
For a long time, the status of Higher National Diploma (HND) holders has always been considered inferior in every facet of our national life. Everywhere and in every thing, they were relegated. In the labour market, HND holders are made to regret having pursued such a programme.

If we deny knowledge of this ugly trend in the wheel of national development, then we are entangled in the web of self-deception.

A lot of damage has been done to Nigeria which may not be conveniently recorded on paper. Aside stringents and competitive admission guidelines, which have alienated many applicants and frustrated their ambition to be admitted into the university, several other academic injuries have been visited on polytechnic students through this ugly trend.

It is no surprise that we now have a steady decline in technical education as a result of loss of confidence in HND programmes. The situation has increased the rate of unemployment of HND degree holders in the country.

While ther had been several attempts to eliminate this discrimination, the boldest step taken so far is the one credited to the regime of former President Olusegun Obasanjo. In 2005, he set up committees to review the ugly trend, with a view to ending it.

Also, at the meeting of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on June 16, 2009, a decision to eliminate the disparity was reached. This was to take effect from that same year but the then Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Stephen Oronsaye, shocked the nation by flagrantly refusing to pass circular to that effect.

"B.Sc. is not equivalent to HND," he said.
This statement shocked many Nigerians, especially the chairman, National Association of Technologists in Engineering (NATE), Sir Leo Okereke.

Okereke through the NATE General Secretary, Mr. Akeem Adeniji, wrote an open letter to President Goodluck Jonathan, on Oronsaye's utterances. Up till now, nothing has been done to correct the anomaly.

It is high time we made reason and not sentiment to drive our education policies. We must discountenance the fact that a BSc. degree holder is better than a polytechnic graduate. Come to think of it, how befitting is the superlative adjective "best" to describe BSc. certificate? Is it really the best for a developing nation such as Nigeria? Have we forgotten the fact that square and a rhombus of equal side have equal area despite the difference in their shapes and angular configuration?

Can the neutrality of an atom be possible if either of the protons or electrons is missing? For God sake, BSc and HND are just like two vectors of equal magnitude and direction differing only in nomenclature and unit. The BSc. certificate can only be the best in a country where white papers, lengthy theories, esoteric formula and equations are able to erect structures, run turbines and distribute power without the pragmatic involvement of technologists.
But, of what relevance are the gigantic theories and formulae to Nigeria without application? What is the significance of the Euler's theories of buckling load to Nigeria when buildings and other structures keep collapsing? How can we appreciate the concepts of metallurgical studies when the Ajaokuta Steel Company has been in indefinite coma; or the Delta Steel Company, which has been in partial paralysis? It is the technologists that can make all these sectors work.

I will encourage all polytechnic and monotechnic students and graduates not to give up on their dreams to give Nigeria a turn-around in technology. The disparity between their certificate and the BSc. should not be a setback to be committed to excellence and hardwork. Hopefully, the story will change.

Lastly, I wish to appeal that technically-minded citizens should be actively involved in key decision affecting education and civil service. The top policy makers in Nigeria are the oxygen that keeps the combustion of this ugly trend on. It is high time we choose the correct drill bits for the correct holes, because until the rotten tooth is pulled, the mouth will continue to chew with caution.
[/font]

Culled from The Nation, Thursday 15th Aug., 2013
Politics / Re: Jonathan Knows Oil Thieves –el-rufai by 2old4that(m): 4:08am On Aug 12, 2013
Jobless Mallam! Like father like daughters.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) August 2013 by 2old4that(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Here we go again!
Why cant they just put the Form online for free download since it is free.

Who doesnt know they hoard the forms. They are deceiving themselves.
Politics / Re: National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess by 2old4that(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2013
I guess he is asking the other fellow "Mallam yaya de? U don receive salary alert?"
Celebrities / Re: For Seven Months Now I Haven't had intercouse - Yvonne elson by 2old4that(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oopsy!
Celebrities / Re: For Seven Months Now I Haven't had intercouse - Yvonne elson by 2old4that(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Iyanya has given her a taste of calabar medecin and she doesn't wanna let go. Eyaa! grin
Politics / Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by 2old4that(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Imagine MinÍster of state, fed. Ministry of foreign affairs welcoming Obama at d airport.

Our image have been so dainted at virtually all d airports abroad dat even our president is meted wit such humiliation. Afta all he is carrying dat dreaded GreeÑ Passport. And he was busy smiling all through d reception. Tufiakwa!
Romance / Re: Girls' Question That Makes Guys Dumbfounded; How To Escape It. by 2old4that(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2013
Dygeasy: Who Still Has Problems answering This Kinda Question In An Era Where Its So Easy To Lie To A Girl And Tell Her What 'She Wants To Hear'.

Abi oo!
U don't need to be schooled on dis.
Family / Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by 2old4that(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dis goes to show. . . a country of wasters!
Politics / Re: Governor Amaechi Donates $100,000 To OJB by 2old4that(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2013
Now let's wait and see wat Mr. Donations (Akpabio) will do. grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: I Saw This On FACEBOOK And I Decided To Share It Here For Nl's by 2old4that(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2013
Celebrities / Re: Who Is This Guy Kissing Nadia Buhari [PHOTO] by 2old4that(m): 9:17am On May 10, 2013
Lucky chap! smiley
Politics / Re: We Paid N250,000 Each For Government Jobs – Victims by 2old4that(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2013
slimyem: Are you okay?
Don't you know the two petitioners are criminals too.
Any one who gives bribe can also take it!

Sure.
But they can still be given the job after serving their own prison terms.
Atleast they did the right thing bringing the story to limelight.
Politics / Re: We Paid N250,000 Each For Government Jobs – Victims by 2old4that(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2013
So sad!

Both Juliet Egobunor and Simon Odujebe's job should be given to the two petitioners.
Period!
Politics / Re: EDO ACN Lawmaker Caught With Gun (PIC) by 2old4that(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Honourable indeed!
Politics / Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by 2old4that(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
splashbaby: una see wetin people don cause now.

Yes! It shows the power behind social media. Why can't we use it in fighting /exposing corruptions n our corrupt leaders.

Our country will be a better for it!

1 Like

NYSC / Re: Corpers - We Wasted One Year Serving Nigeria by 2old4that(m): 1:20am On Mar 10, 2013
temmytujay:

Well it was because u thought it was a waste of time that was why it came out that way for you and i am very sorry for you... i am still in service, i will be passing out by june but i have like 3 places begging me to work for them after NYSC i am even doing some drawings for one of them now that i go to him for money anytime i want and the guy is a big boy... so what are we saying... maybe u studied Igbo language in school..

And wats wrong with studying Igbo lang?

Just becos u are having juicy service period doesn't mean majority of others are having it the same way.
NYSC / Re: Corpers - We Wasted One Year Serving Nigeria by 2old4that(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2013
I finishd mine 2010/2011. I'd knew it was a waste of time long before I embark on it, base on d experiences of others I av seen. So I didn't really fancy anything about it. Even though I served in my choice location.

Often times they run out of activities in d camp in three good weeks.

It should b SCRAP.
Sports / Re: John Pantsil, Stabs Wife In The Eye by 2old4that(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
ba7man: A lot of ladies can't help being annoying..Why?? Because they're ladies. So its up to Men to deal with it with maturity. I'd rather walk away from a nagging woman or give her the "silent treatment" till her anger dies than resort to violence.

Exactly!
Or better still just allow her talk till fade. Cos d more u respond, d more new points swims to her head.
Sports / Re: John Pantsil, Stabs Wife In The Eye by 2old4that(m): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2013
SÓm girls could be §o naggÍng!

Need for anger management.
Jokes Etc / Re: Warri Girl Wedding Pix by 2old4that(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2013
Lol grin
I bet its d next girl dat gave her d drink. She looked like someone dat can down 8 bottles.
grin

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Picture Of Davido Sleeping With His "Chic"? by 2old4that(m): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
If woman want kill u, this is the right time.
Women! When u are sleeping they wont sleep, when u are not sleeping they are not sleeping.
Nah only God dey protect person. grin
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Recruitment Scandal Hits Immigration by 2old4that(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2012
Its funny how Mr. Jonathan and his advisers keep shouting jobs for Nigerian youth while he will turn back and cornered those jobs to his family members, relatives and croonies. Newspaper headlines should rather read "GEJ vows to create jobs for his immediate families in 2013".

Who are they fooling? Rubbish country.
Politics / Re: PDP Writes-Off Brain-damaged Governor Suntai - SaharaReporters by 2old4that(m): 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
The deputy could probably be eyeing his own jet too, who knows.

Our leaders! They will never learn.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by 2old4that(m): 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
They av stop collecting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 67 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.