Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10976 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Jesus a regicide kind indeed. He died a miserable death. What a blow to christianity, he even cried

he died so u could have a place in his father's kingdom. . to wipe away ur sins

he cried in pain knowin dat Man he had so much love 4 and died in their place, hated him
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Jesus a regicide kind indeed. He died a miserable death. What a blow to christianity, he even cried

He is the Great sprinkle blood,lamb of GOD,The great eagle of GOD
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2009
@ All,

All good and well, i have actually seen many good responce here but the more i read the more the confusion,

REASON,
Some xtian says Jesus is god some say he is son of god some he is saviour some he is son in the father, xtians pls which way forward cos am expecting just one good answer to this question and not multiple answers.
As a xtian and u want to convince me of who really Jesus is and definitely convert a non xtian what exactly will u tell him about who Jesus is without any confusion.

THANKS
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ alimat 2

Here is a person who had the same convictions like you but got a rude awakening when he discovered who Jesus Christ really was and is.  Listen and learn how he answers your questions and more.

[center][flash=600,500]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
Oladegbu you are one silly brat

@grace and her friends: Go to lawyers and judges and ask them this ,'WHAT IS THE PENALTY OF A MAN WHO KILLED THE SON OF A KING OR KING OR THE MESSENGER OF A KING ?' The answer will be death penalty or life imprisonment.

Don't lie to me that jesus had wanted to die, luke 22:42 refuted the claim, jesus prayed to the father to avert the death. Like he prayed he expected to be rescued, and when nothing happened he was disappointed in God mathew 27:46 'in the nineth hour, he cried with a loud voice saying 'my God, my God, why hast thou forsake me ?'

He who has eyes let him see the truth and he who has ear let him hear the truth
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Oladegbu you are one silly brat

@grace and her friends: Go to lawyers and judges and ask them this ,'WHAT IS THE PENALTY OF A MAN WHO KILLED THE SON OF A KING OR KING OR THE MESSENGER OF A KING ?' The answer will be death penalty or life imprisonment.

Don't lie to me that jesus had wanted to die, luke 22:42 refuted the claim, jesus prayed to the father to avert the death. Like he prayed he expected to be rescued, and when nothing happened he was disappointed in God mathew 27:46 'in the nineth hour, he cried with a loud voice saying 'my God, my God, why hast thou forsake me ?'

He who has eyes let him see the truth and he who has ear let him hear the truth
you are treading on dangerous ground,darkness have engross you ,your mind is is demon playground.
you are attacking the only who can deliver you.
eternal death is speeding towards you repent.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by LABRADODO: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
who is Jesus Christ? is He God, Son of God, son of man ,son of David, or Prophet?
Jesus Christ is all of the above.
Alimat dear, this is the question the Holy Ghost has been asking you and waiting for a decision from you. Before i make any comment let the bible tell you whom Jesus Christ is:

MATHEW 16.13--WHEN JESUS CAME INTO THE COASTS OF CAESAREA PHILIPPI, HE ASKED HIS DISCIPLES SAYING, WHOM DO MEN SAY THAT I THE SON OF MAN AM? 14. AND THEY SAID, SOME SAY THAT THOU ART JOHN THE BAPTIST, SOME , ELIAS: AND OTHERS JEREMIAH OR ONE OF THE PROPHETS 15. HE SAITHUNTO THEM BUT WHOM SAY YE THAT THAT I AM 16 AND SIMON PETER ANSWERED AND SAID THOU ART THE CHRIST , THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

JOHN 1.1--IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2. THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD., 3. ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM AND WITHOUT HIM WAS WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE

REVELATION 1.8--I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA,THE BEGINNING AND THE ENDING, SAID THE LORD WHICH IS AND WHICH WAS AND WHICH IS TO COME THE ALGMIGHTY. 9. I JOHN , WHO ALSO AM YOUR BROTHER AND COMPANION IN TRIBULATION AND IN THE KINGDOM AND PATIENCE OF JESUS CHRIST ,, 11 SAYING , I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA , THE FIRST AND THE LAST ,
1JOHN 5.7--FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN , THE FATHER, THE WORD AND THE HOLY GHOST AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.
I TIMOTHY 3.16-- AND WITHOUT CONTROVERSY, GREAT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS, GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, JUSTIFIED IN THE SPIRIT, SEEN OF ANGELS , PREACHED UNTO THE GENTILES, BELIEVED ON IN THE WORLD, RECEIVED UP TO GLORY.
ISIAIAH 7.14--THEREFORE THE LORD HIMSELF SHALL GIVE YOU A SIGN, BEHOLD A VIRGIN WILL CONCEIVE AND BEAR A SON , AND SHALL CALL HIS NAME EMMANUEL

ISAIAH 9.6--FOR UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN , UNTO US A SON IS GIVEN AND THE GOVERNMENT SHALL BE UPON HIS SHOULDER ; AND HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED:WONDEFUL, COUNCELLOR, , THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER THE PRINCE OF PEACE

MATTHEW 1.23-- BEHOLD A VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH , AND SHALL BRING FORT A SON , AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME EMMANUEL WHICH BEING INTERPRETED IS "GOD WITH US "
Jesus Christ is therefore God, son of God , Son of man And A Prohet King. Besides that , Jesus Christ is the following to all people:
A= alpha and Omega
B= beginning and the end, Bread of life
C= councellor
D= Deliverer
E= Emmanuel
F=
G= Good Shepherd
H= healer
I= incarnate of God
J= Justifier
K= King of king and Lord of Lords
L= Lamb of God that Takes away the sins of the world
M=messiah
N= nazarene
O= Overseer of the church
P=prince of peace
Q= qualifier of the unqulified
R= redeemer
S= Saviour, Sanctifier
T= The Truth
U= Universal judge
W= word of God
X= Xpress image of God

above all Jesus is all the world to me

thank you
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
Jesus Christ is:

THE AMBASSADOR OF THE ALMIGHTY,
THE BACKBONE OF THE BRAVE,
THE CAPTAIN OF THE CONQUEROR,
THE DEFENCE OF THE DEFENCED,
THE EMPEROR OF THE ELECT,
THE FORE-RUNNER IN THE FIGHT OF FAITH,
THE GOVERNOR OF THE GREAT,
THE HEAD OF THE HEROES,
THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD,
THE JUDGE OF THE JURY,
THE KING OF ALL KINGDOMS,
THE LORD OF LORDS,
THE MASTER OF THE MIGHTY,
THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES,
THE OVERSEER OF THE OVERCOMER,
THE POWERFUL PRINCE OVER PRINCIPALITIES & POWERS,
THE QUESTION THAT ANY QUACK CANNOT UNRAVEL,
THE RULER OF THE REGENT,
THE ONLY SAVIOUR OF OUR SPIRIT, SOUL & BODY,
THE TIMELESS TRUTH OF ALL AGES,
THE UMPIRE OF THE UNIVERSE,
THE VIGOUR OF THE VICTOR,
THE WISDOM OF THE ALL-WISE GOD,
THE XL WHICH WE DON’T NEED MICROSCOPES & X-RAY MACHINES FOR,
THE YANKER OF ALL YOKES & VICES,
THE ZEAL OF THE ZEALOT

-- Dr. W. F. Kumuyi

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
Kai christian why don't you for once answer quertion like the muslim do. Let me facilitate it for you: PLEASE QUOTE FOR US WHERE JESUS SAID I Am God, THE SON OF GOD AND AM THE HOLY GHOST' If you can't then do this simple task, show me where Jesus said I AM GOD, jesus in john 5:30 said God sent him so how can it be. Reason
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2009
That's my King, do you know Him?
by S.M. Lockridge

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=992690f20c2d3b370ec7
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
Oladegbu you are really crazy, how can a man who claim to be Almighty king and then the enemy put him away or slay him for causing fuss be a king, if thats the case then satan who is a fallen angel is likewise a king
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Abuzola,

I know that the god that blinded your mind from seeing the gospel truth has been exposed.  Even though he keeps you in bondage by convincing you not to open your eyes to the truth the Almighty God will not excuse you that you did not hear or see all the attempts to show you the gospel light. 

This is what Jesus had to say to those who refused to believe who He is.

"I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins." -- John 8:24

See the fate of  Dr. Abdul Ali on the judgment day in the link below.  Open your eyes and smell the coffee.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2009
Olade, you never seems to admonish but always going off topic. Shame on you
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2009
Abuzola:

Olade, you never seems to admonish but always going off topic. Shame on you

Open your eyes,you on the way to HELL.
all this advice will stand against you, darkness is
on the way .God will judge those who refuse the gospel.
sorry you are suya for devil.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
You are i don't even know the exact word to use. Both of you never attempt to answer that jesus said 'I AM GOD' and yet you open ur dirty big mouth rambling. We will see who will be with the devil,
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Abuzola
Jesus sayz in da Bible, I and my father are 1; His Father as God n him the Son of God. Am sorry cant really get da exact place it sayz it in da bible tho if anyone can help out wiv dat. hope dat answerz ur question smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
Thats not the answer jawe, you translated it literally. Can God send himself, in many verses in the bible jesus said God sent him. very absurd. I said show me where jesus said 'I AM GOD'. A messenger of a king goes to occassion on behalf of the king. If the messenger says on behalf of the king, it makes him a less inferior king but not a true and genuine king, the same thing with jesus. Reason
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2009
@Abuzola

4rm readin yo previous posts, i c u know da Bible very well mayb even more than me grin . . . have u ever heard bwt da Trinity The Three In One i.e The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit?? They are 3 in One. i will have 2 ask where it actually sayz it in da bible n me will give it 2 u 2 check out yoself smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ben13: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2009
Alimat, Jesus CHRIST is the King of all Kings.

I have added another name of HIS to your original list; We are suppose to exalt the power and glory of Our Father in Heaven by making HIM bear all good names we can think of.

If We start calling HIM names by what He does in our Lives by the day, our mouths won't be enough to call them all.

He is the Son of God, He is God, He created the Heavens and the earth, He is the Prince of peace, He is our Peace. By HIM and through HIm, we have life and we'll have it more abundantly if we beleive and trust him. He is ever present and ever faithful.

Alimat, It's Obvious that you can't say a specific direction or specialty or specifications of our Lord and SAVIOUR, Jesus Christ. He is the all and all and all and all and all you can ever think of.

He is so mighty that you can't imagine his ways.

This is a testimony. Read and Glorify the Father. Cos He is worthy of our Praise.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-314469.0.html
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2009
Ben20001:

Alimat, Jesus CHRIST is the King of all Kings.

Thank u ben, i have gotten that but just that some xtian call him God that is why i asked
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2009
I dont get wat is so hard in understandin. . . .He is God and at the same tym The Son of God. there is only One God that has three main functional roles. 1st as the Father hu iz the Almighty, 2ndly The Son hu iz da Saviour, Our Lord Jesus Christ, 3rdly da holy spirit hu lives in us and with us all the tym. In orderwords the Omnipresence of God living in our hearts. . . THis is wat we refer 2 as da TRINITY. THREE IN ONE. . . there is a place in your heart 4 him . . .all u need 2 do is let da fire burn. . .he loves u more than u can eva imagine. . .hope da explanation helps tho smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2009
Chi baby, ok show me where jesus said he is trinity, or kindly show me a word 'trinity' in the bible without any transformation
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ben13: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2009
"I am the way the truth and the Life no one cometh un to the FATHER but by me" John 14:6 That is God the Father.

When Jesus was leaving HIS apostles, He told them that He will ask His Father to send them a comforter, that the Comforter will be with them forever. The Comfrter which is the HOLY SPIRIT dwells in our heart right from the day we receive HIM.

Hope you understand now. It won't be good if you still ask a funny question concerning this.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Chi baby, ok show me where jesus said he is trinity, or kindly show me a word 'trinity' in the bible without any transformation

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 JOHN 5:7. Nw could u pls tell me wat the meaning of TRINITY is, if not 3 in one?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2009
First you couldn't find trinity in the bible, if i marry 3 wives does that make me husband of trinity ? According to ur statement yes. Secondly you did not show me where jesus said i am 3 in 1 or trinity.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2009
o ma dayz ! ! da word Trinity waz not spelled out in da Bible but waz 'Defined' ! unless u dont know wat trinity is which u did not answer. AND HEY your 3 wives are 3 different people. that is the difference between Man and GOD. Unless u go and marry a very big orobo. . .eheh! then u can make sense wen u claim u married da trinity with your orobo. . .ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Finally key words 2 remember are the 'Three are one'. 1 JOHN 5:7 Abuzola u r very interesting sha n i wish i cud even do this face 2 face 2 convince u. . . got suin 2 tell u. . .ma dad used 2 b a muslim. . .food 4 thot wink smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by JPot: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2009
Abuzola,

In the Qua ran' did Mohamed reveal every single truth about Muslim-ism in black and white that any lay person who walked up would understand it right away? DID HE?

Did Mohamed say "Here is proof for Allah's existence" "Here is who he is, he's an angel" "Here is why it is ok to kill people" etc? I don't think so. You have to dig, dig deep. Then you find out what Mohamed meant to say, by reading in between the lines.

Same thing with Jesus. He didn't preach the Trinity to the public, but he taught it to his disciples, then they taught it to us in the many books of the Bible. The Trinity is seen throughout all scripture, starting from creation, to revelation.

There are even some truths that Jesus spoke as parables so that people with closed hearts (non-believers) would not understand, and thus have less condemnation for the day of judgment. Likewise the Holy Spirit doesn't stop knocking into people's hearts because he runs out of patience. But because he loves you. He knows that you won't repent anyways, and stops building up accusation against you for the day of judgment, by stopping.

Jesus continually said that he is from the Father, and the same as the Father. On the day of baptism the gospel writers write that the Holy Spirit went down on Jesus in the form of a dove. The Holy Spirit was sent on the prophets, and kings in the Old Testament and inspired them to write things that only God could say.

Does all of this suffice, or do you want me to get precise verses from scripture to condemn you even more? Look at chi-babies post 1 John 5:7
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2009
Your dad was not a practising muslim, he didn't know Islam and thats why he viewed Islam as bondage.

If you claim 3 heavenly things equals to trinity then i also boast to be a trinity because God created me and my two sisters a triplet, we were born 3, so am also a trinity. Don't be enrage or anger the only way you can refute me is quoting the word trinity in the bible and i will cover my face with shame, and i swear to God i will embrace christianity if you can. Hurry to your pastor and save a soul hahahaha.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2009
@Abuzola

i asked u a question which uve not actually answered. . .wat is da meaning of TRINITY? if u dont know. . . get yo dictionary or even Google 2 help u. . .afta dat, if uve got anything else 2 say ask me wink
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by JPot: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2009
Genesis 1:1 - Elohim is the Jewish word used instead of God. Elohim is PLURAL!
Genesis 1:26 - Who was God talking about when He said "WE"?
Isaiah 6:8 - Who is the "WE" and who said "send me"?
Matthew 28:19 - Why did Jesus want people to be baptised by all THREE?
1 Corinthians 13:14 - Popular ending to apostle's letters
Colossians 2:9 - Jesus has all Diety in Him. HE IS GOD, Elohim.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - So GOD LIVES IN US with His HOLY SPIRIT. Holy Spirit = God

Need I post any more?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Lopezdee1: 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2009
Abuzola:

Your dad was not a practising muslim, he didn't know Islam and thats why he viewed Islam as bondage.

If you claim 3 heavenly things equals to trinity then i also boast to be a trinity because God created me and my two sisters a triplet, we were born 3, so am also a trinity.  Don't be enrage or anger the only way you can refute me is quoting the word trinity in the bible and i will cover my face with shame, and i swear to God i will embrace Christianity if you can.   Hurry to your pastor and save a soul hahahaha.

Mr Abuzola you are not a Christian yet I can see how obsessed you are with Christianity judging from your last 20 post(which is mostly about Christianity) looks like you have nothing to offer or gain from Christian threads why dont you use the time and energy you are wasting on these threads on your own Islam or Muslim threads maybe, just maybe your Islam will stop endorsing violence disguised as Jihad, maybe your Islam will start treating women better and not see them as another piece of property maybe, just maybe Muslims can stopping feeling that they are superior to every other non muslim mortals , TIME IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by grace5: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
JPot:

Genesis 1:1 - Elohim is the Jewish word used instead of God. Elohim is PLURAL!
Genesis 1:26 - Who was God talking about when He said "WE"?
Isaiah 6:8 - Who is the "WE" and who said "send me"?
Matthew 28:19 - Why did Jesus want people to be baptised by all THREE?
1 Corinthians 13:14 - Popular ending to apostle's letters
Colossians 2:9 - Jesus has all Diety in Him. HE IS GOD, Elohim.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - So GOD LIVES IN US with His HOLY SPIRIT. Holy Spirit = God

Need I post any more?

Thanks for all this reply to this lost sheep,even we in the kingdom are learning .guys do not give up let leave 99 sheep and go after this 1 stubborn sheep.maybe his eyes might be open.

GOD BLESS ALL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.