Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271475 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Bertos: 5:08pm On May 04, 2010
Lol, what do your advice?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SA80: 11:55pm On May 04, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am the ultimate Newbie to FTA stuff. I have spend the last 3 days just reading Nairaland threads and think i'm fairly upto speed, , in theory, ! The one question i have not been able to answer is what FTA chanels am i likely to get in IBADAN with a 90cm dish??

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 8:38pm On May 05, 2010
@All,
my guys tanks 4 d wonderful jobs u hv been doing. my name is TJ & i live in bayelsa, im a newbie no doubt. My problem is i wish to catch the birds on c band & ku band, and i dont know the size of dish to use here in bayelsa. Although i hv a 90cm dish & a strong decorder which i hv not 4 once upgraded. im using it to watch mitv. I also hv a hitv decoder which i packed up since their sub increased to 6k. pls i need advice. what and what do i need to get started?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 8:53pm On May 05, 2010
@All,
my guys tanks 4 d wonderful jobs u hv been doing. my name is TJ & i live in bayelsa, im a newbie no doubt. My problem is i wish to catch the birds on c band & ku band, and i dont know the size of dish to use here in bayelsa. Although i hv a 90cm dish & a strong decorder which i hv not 4 once upgraded. im using it to watch mitv. I also hv a hitv decoder which i packed up since their sub increased to 6k. pls i need advice. what and what do i need to get started?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2010
welcome tj
To know what birds to nail,dish size,etc.pls visit www.dishpointer.com.
If u have any probs ask, d gurus are to help.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 07, 2010
SA80:

Hi Guys,

I am the ultimate Newbie to FTA stuff. I have spend the last 3 days just reading Nairaland threads and think i'm fairly upto speed, , in theory, ! The one question i have not been able to answer is what FTA chanels am i likely to get in IBADAN with a 90cm dish??

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks

from the east,
68.5E ku, if you are a religious addict
36E ku, with MPEG4,you'll surely get some stations free
28.5E ku, Astra 2d, with multitv, crtv, infinity channels
7E ku, w3a, entertainment to certain degree is guaranteed here
4.8E ku, sirius, same thing withw3a above

from the west
22W ku, NSS7 is your only bet if you're a lover of anything that comes in french
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2010
GURUS in the house I greet you all,

I beg somebody should help me with info on how to upgrade my SRT 4653X strong decoder using RS232 cable with a computer.
I once visited strong website and follow the instruction on the site but my computer could not see the decoder connected through the RS232 cable, Pls I need a way forward. Thanks grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:57am On May 21, 2010
I just got this 1.5m dish with jack, i wsh t get nilesat wt it! What other bird can i get wt this and how? Im in jos. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2010
@ Oladiran
you should have read through the thread before posting, just to help you out here is your answer.it was just 2 post up your post.
---And Yes you can nail Nile sat with your dish,others are listed below.
enitan2002:

from the east,
68.5E ku, if you are a religious addict
36E ku, with MPEG4,you'll surely get some stations free
28.5E ku, Astra 2d, with multitv, crtv, infinity channels
7E ku, w3a, entertainment to certain degree is guaranteed here
4.8E ku, sirius, same thing withw3a above

from the west
22W ku, NSS7 is your only bet if you're a lover of anything that comes in french

All the best.lets know how far you have gone.okay
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by marocguy(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2010
Hello house. I'm a newbie here. I have 2 decoders,one multichoice old type (bigger) decoder and a new strong srt 4663X decoder that i used to watch premier league this season. I interchange both with a 60 cm dish. My questions are these
1. Since i just discovered here that you can watch free channels with your dish and without card,how can i use my dish in calabar here to get free channels cos now dat i dont hav any subscription,i am bored to death.

2. My dish is set at Eutelsat W4 now,how can i switch from Hitv to Dstv. They collect 2k from me anytime i want to do that in d name of upgradin.I need d frequency for both so that i can interchange myself.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lothar: 6:15pm On May 31, 2010
new sateillet free (Tp) for africa
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lastonelef: 9:51am On Jun 03, 2010
hello All!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
lothar:

new sateillet free (Tp) for africa
how do you mean
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adecrown: 9:14am On Jun 04, 2010
Hi all, I had been using strong decoder I think 4650 for some time and got a 1.8m dish installed to receive SABC 1, 2, 3 which I was enjoying very much but recently MYTV Africa changed it to 4669x decoder and I can now only receive audio on SABC 2 & 3. Pls how do I receive Video on SABC 1, 2, 3 on 4669X. The channels show scrambled and will not unscramble when I use the usual code.

Pls help

Thanks

Adecrown
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ adecrown,
the issue of video/Audio on the 69x is a decoder/ filter issue.(i think AC3 decoder ).
The 69x cannot decode ac3 audio.
a very good member of the forum has already written to strong technologies about it. so hopefully they will upload a patch to correct it.
For now SABC 1,2 and 3 are scrambled(due to the world cup).
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
Adecrown:

Hi all, I had been using strong decoder I think 4650 for some time and got a 1.8m dish installed to receive SABC 1, 2, 3 which I was enjoying very much but recently MYTV Africa changed it to 4669x decoder and I can now only receive audio on SABC 2 & 3. Pls how do I receive Video on SABC 1, 2, 3 on 4669X. The channels show scrambled and will not unscramble when I use the usual code.

Pls help

Thanks

Adecrown
freshp:

@ adecrown,
the issue of video/Audio on the 69x is a decoder/ filter issue.(i think AC3 decoder ).
The 69x cannot decode ac3 audio.

a very good member of the forum has already written to strong technologies about it. so hopefully they will upload a patch to correct it.
For now SABC 1,2 and 3 are scrambled(due to the world cup).
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lastonelef: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
can someone answer wut was wrong wit my post that it was deleted
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Adecrown. As freshp pointed out,SABC1,2,3 are encrypted for now.I think they have equally upgraded their CAS to i*d**to. BTW,the patch on 69x is turned ON automatically. Pressing 6***,turns it OFF.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
An ir--d-t- CAS Means 6---- will no longer work,will it? sad
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2010
@freshp. Sorry I mean to say nag**3 and not i*d**o. We shall comfirm this rumour after the world cup.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2010
whats wrong wit dis SA self,no b we help dem get independence.  lipsrsealed
yet they treat us like this. grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by donaremu(m): 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2010
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please I need your help.
Some of my Dstv stations have disappeared.
Channels like Supersport Blitz, Supersport Select, African magic Yoruba, Africa magic Huasa on 11.863GHz, 12.052GHz & 11.900GHz have all stopped showing. The signal level is showing red (+-20%). I can still get SS3Ni, MWET, MM1, MM2, ESPN and some others.
I am using a Strong Srt4653X decoder with 90cm dish.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2010
@aremu
i just want u 2 knw dat dis forum is a dedicated FTA forum and as such an answer 2 ur problem may not come soon.maybe some1 will help u.all d best. sad
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by chris7272: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
am using Hitv decoder,Dish and lnb. l input the freq. and blindscan the quality did not pop at all and the degree did not come up what did goes wrong.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2010
@chris7272,why not try manually input d frequency: 12440(H)23437
11938(H)27500
11862(H)27500
11716(V)3141
These are 4 d free stuff on hitv/dstv
u b proper newbee, looking 4 where to input degrees?kiss
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
kiss[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by samsjoke(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hi all,
Been trying to install some free to air channels all week and it doesnt seem to work. have a 1131 decoder and i am in nigeria. I setup the stations using some of the settings i got but nothing shows. I cant even access the public dstv w4 channels that are there. Am i doing something wrong?

here are the settings am trying to enter

Set Frequency to “12562″
Set Symbol Rate to “26657
Set Polarization to “Horizontal”
Set FEC to “1/2″
Select “Accept these settings”
Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SalandoGH: 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
EUREKA, this is exactly the kind place i was looking for, wonderful job u guys are doing. To introduce my self first, my name is salando, ghanaian living in accra. Just installed two 60cm dishes and wanted to find out how to obtain more FTAs. Very sorry as a newbie i will be asking more questions than providing suggestions.

I have gone thru most of the posts on this forum, however i have one question, How do i change the SYMBOL RATE on my Strong SRT 4669X decoder. i just dont know how to change it. Some body pls help me.

Thanks, on stand by to provide any info.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
@salando,
Glad 2 knw u r nw in d FTA crew.welcome.
As far as d SR of STRONG Rx family it is difficult change,mayb a software tweak will b the solution.i have googled 4 it without success.i dont know y theirs is so.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SalandoGH: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ freshp
Thanks for welcoming me.

On how to change the SR, i found out that by just punching in the numbers form ur remote the SR changes, pretty simple but was quite difficult for a rookie like me.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2010
@salando
shocked how easy yet it never occured to me,imagine how hard i googled 4 for it.thanks 4 d info.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by chris7272: 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
kindly assist on how to nail w3a, sirius 4, intelsat 7/10, nss 7. on ku band the direction if possible the picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.