Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22779 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Rilwayne001: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Hmmm. See Muslims in a speaking in Tongues thread. What do you know about speaking in Tongues?

Water!
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
lol no
Then do better than that.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Hear the demon speaking out there?
You need to check into a psychiatric hospital............. there are no such things as demons,the faster you understand this the more receptive you'll be to logical reasoning

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

I don't know but hypnosis is done in diverse ways... My point is that, the fact that I fell is not conclusive proof of the holy spirit

smh you do not have anything to say but assumptions and guesses.

You fell when someone blew air on your forehead without hik touching you and you conveniently tagged it hypnosis when even you were not sure of what happened.

so how many times has AIR blown you down?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

- u don't see anything. Don't assume. I speak in tongues too, I have literally fallen under the 'anointing' too but that's not enough proof that the holy spirit is responsible... I don't believe that an all powerful God requires people to fall and wound themselves or sometimes expose their underwear for an almighty being to impart them
Yeah? You have spoken in tongues which is an evidence of Baptism by fire? (Holy Ghost).

Lets trade experiences. How was your first experience?

Mine was remarkable. But let's hear yours first.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
tintingz:
You haven't provide any link that shamans are taught. Shamans dance to spiritual songs like Christians and speak in spiritual tongue.

Yes I've and you can't disbelieve that.

when did I say I wanted to disbelieve anything? So sharr this your holy spirit experience with me if you would.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Yes I do,I basically was basking in the euphoria of the "holy spirit"
How did it happen? I mean before you started speaking or basking.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

smh you do not have anything to say but assumptions and guesses.

You fell when someone blew air on your forehead without hik touching you and you conveniently tagged it hypnosis when even you were not sure of what happened.

so how many times has AIR blown you down?
Oh really??... I am the one making assumptions about hypnosis but your assertion about it being the holy spirit of based on logic and evidence?? And I didn't tag it hypnosis, I said it could have been. How is the hypnosis theory less credible than the holy spirit theory
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Just say you do not have data for videos
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Santafemetrix:

Please, disprove the research...that is what the thread is about...why are you guys this predictable?
predictable my foot.

replace that word with "DING-DUMB "
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dayvhid:
cry I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed................does any one else think this dude woke up on the wrong side of the bed cry

another NAHTOL member!
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Uhmmm... Come again but this time in English
The human you didn't say that.

Humans with human spirits dont blaspheme God, but the demons do, and the one in you is happy he is given room to blaspheme. So jumps to it.
You are ignorant of this because you are a captive.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Water!
You know water?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

You need to check into a psychiatric hospital............. there are no such things as demons,the faster you understand this the more receptive you'll be to logical reasoning
Again, you didn't say that.
Do you remember Urheme? He was an Atheist here, just like you. He also said they were no demons. Ask him now will you?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Oh really??... I am the one making assumptions about hypnosis but your assertion about it being the holy spirit of based on logic and evidence?? And I didn't tag it hypnosis, I said it could have been. How is the hypnosis theory less credible than the holy spirit theory
I watch hypnotism, but i have never seen anyone being hypnotized by being blown air and the persons falls down and starts babbling. Have you? Show a video please.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun your presence is still required here pls
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

The reason why i say its the Holy spirit is due to experience. I have first hand bonafide experience and know how i received my baptism of the holy spirit and know the workings of it and have seen people fall under the anointing when i simply walked past them and seen demon possessed cry out when commanded to leave while speaking in a voice not that of their victim.

So i can say its the holy spirit and not hypnosis. So what makes you assume hypnosis?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
That's like asking why Niel Armstrong and his team are the only Americans to have landed on the moon. Is anyone stopping other people from doing their own research?

I haven't heard of any non- christian who speaks in tongues. Do not think its the same as making incantations. No one is stopping anyone else from making their own research.

Per the bolded, Yes it shows that it is spiritual until proven otherwise.
tintingz:
Why is it that it is only Dr Andrew Newberg research the most scientific research on internet?

Secondly, there are non-christians that also speak in tongues, the question is are they also communicating to the Jewish God in the bible?

Lastly because gosolalia(speaking in tongue) shows a electrical discharges in the brain doesn't mean it is a spiritual communication.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Bless you...
Emmanystone:

There's nothing like hardcore atheist. They are hardcore satanists hosting legions of demons who hates God in them.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
tintingz:
Why is it that it is only Dr Andrew Newberg research the most scientific research on internet?

Secondly, there are non-christians that also speak in tongues, the question is are they also communicating to the Jewish God in the bible?

Lastly because gosolalia(speaking in tongue) shows a electrical discharges in the brain doesn't mean it is a spiritual communication.

At the bolded, speaking in tongues DID NOT SHOW any frontal lobe activity in the study shown in the video.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Then do better than that.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oh you now know Peter spoke in tongues? I thought the bible was fiction?
jonbellion:
But naijadeyhia
This isn't the kind of speaking in tounges the bible talked about
This is still gibberish
Speaking in tounges is speaking in a different language other than yours and that is what befell peter and his crew on the day of Pentecost
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Oh you now know Peter spoke in tongues? I thought the bible was fiction?

What are you saying
I just put it in a way you guys would understand since that's your belief
I was a christian once you know undecided
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:

What are you saying
I just put it in a way you guys would understand since that's your belief
I was a christian once you know undecided

You have never left. Your body may have but your mind betrays your body otherwise you would not be hovering around Christian posts like Vultures. Can you be busy and be expending so much energy over something you not only believe is nonsense but does not exist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Wow! I didn't even know this. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Emmanystone:

When you do not know something, keep quiet.

Speaking in tongues is not the same thing as Speaking in other tongues.

Every Christian shd speak in tongues, which is communicating directly to God, while speaking in other tongues is a GIFT. This GIFT is given to whom God chooses. Not all speaks in Other Tongues.

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Cori

This is when the Holy Spirit takes up the tongue of a man and give him utterance to speak a language alien to him, with the intent of communicating to the people of that language in their language.

Speaking in Tongues does not require interpretation, but speaking in other Tongues does.

What happened on the day of Pentecost was Speaking in Other Tongues, not Speaking in Tongues.

When speaking in Tongues, we talk to God, but When speaking in Other Tongues God is speaking to Men through another Man.

Leave the things of the Spirit to the spiritual, face your atheism.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So who pushed you down when you fell? Was it aided or unaided and did you wound yourself when you did?
I have also fallen under the anointing more than once in different places. What exactly is the point of it? You just fall and get up and life goes on.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have also fallen under the anointing more than once in different places. What exactly is the point of it? You just fall and get up and life goes on.

The Point is not the falling. The point is the cause of it. Did anyone push you down? it wasnt your physical body actually falling. It was your physical body responding to the reaction from your spirit in the presence of the holy spirit.

The point is for you to know that there is one that is greater than you and whom you need and it is meant to make you desire to know him. Its not a show its an invitation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You have never left. Your body may have but your mind betrays your body otherwise you would not be hovering around Christian posts like Vultures. Can you be busy and be expending so much energy over something you not only believe is nonsense but does not exist?
that's the point I'm not busy right now
Until January
And yes I have completely left I just talk about religion cuz it plays an important part in our society and unbelievers like myself don't have a voice in it
I mean would you people even vote for an unbeliever as your leader
No you would not
You people sef
You just want people like atheists and unbelievers to shut up while you get to talk about your beliefs freely undecided
I wouldn't care if it has not eaten so deeply in your society. If there were followers of Santa Claus imposing thier beliefs and letting it influence our society then yes i would talk about Santa claus smiley

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
that's the point I'm not busy right now
Until January
And yes I have completely left I just talk about religion cuz it plays an important part in our society and unbelievers like myself don't have a voice in it
I mean would you people even vote for an unbeliever as your leader
No you would not
You people sef
You just want people like atheists and unbelievers to shut up while you get to talk about your beliefs freely undecided
I wouldn't care if it has not eaten so deeply in your society. If there were followers of Santa Claus imposing thier beliefs and letting it influence our society then yes i would talk about Santa claus smiley

I am not a Religious person. I have a relationship with God so that eliminates Religion from me.

If you have fully left then stay "left" and enjoy your "leaving".
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am not a Religious person. I have a relationship with God so that eliminates Religion from me.

If you have fully left then stay "left" and enjoy your "leaving".
so you don't actively go to church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.