Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Between Jesus And Mohammed! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Jesus And Mohammed! (12446 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by justcool(m): 3:28am On Dec 29, 2009
@all
I am not here to compare Jesus and Mohamed. I hold both in utmost regard. My post is directed to olabowale.

@olabowale
Pardon me but I find you so inconsistent in the issue of Jesus. You, like most Muslims claim that Jesus was a messenger of Allah, you agree that Jesus was sent by Allah. Thus Jesus should be respected like other messengers of Allah, yet you never miss an opportunity to insult Jesus. In your first post in this thread you wrote something to the effect that Jesus could not live up to His words, thus He is lair.

I have never seen you or any Muslim insult other prophets. You always respect Moses, Noah, even Adam, and etc. Most Muslims never forget to out PBH(Peace be onto him) after the name of the prophets, only in the case of Jesus do a lot of Muslims forget include PBH. In your case Olabowale, you never address Jesus with respect. You never put the PBH or whatever after His name, yet you maintain He was sent by Allah.

If you believe that both Jesus and Mohamed were sent by Allah, then you would not get involved in comparing them. You should have utmost respect for both of them. But rather than this, whenever Jesus is mentioned you rain insults on Him as you do with Paul. I can understand(not that I agree that anybody should be insulted) why you insult Paul, it is because you don't believe he was sent by Allah. But in the case of Jesus, you claim He was sent by Allah and yet you insult Him and call Him a charlatan.

You cannot claim to respect Allah while you insult and make fun of His messenger.
Makes one wonder: Do you really care about Allah or do you only care about Islam and using every opportunity to promote Islam(Mohamed) and ridicule Christianity(Jesus). If you care about Allah or your God, you should respect all that you have recognised to be His servants.

What do you have against Jesus??

Are you really a servant of Allah(your God) or are you a servant of Islam (the religion)?

This is how you come across to me, if I am wrong please kindly explain to me.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 3:42am On Dec 29, 2009
@toba

The contradiction I'm hinting at is claiming Jesus is God and at the same time regarding Jesus and God as two separate and distinct entities.

Because when you say God elevated Jesus, you're inevitably affirming that they're separate and consequently affirming that Jesus and God are not the same.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 4:14am On Dec 29, 2009
JCross22; notice that Jesus of the Bible is corrupted. Isa bin Maryam (AS)/Jesus of Quran is my prophe! I do hope you will notice the difference before your usual blind argument.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 4:17am On Dec 29, 2009
and if you think Chrstians are following Jesus, think again! You said his religion. But his religion is not Christianity. He did not advocate for or practiced Christianity. Thanks to he human naming eople of antioch for confusing you.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by muhsin(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2009
IbrahimB:

@toba

In one sweep you contradicted yourself!

Or was I the only one that noticed this? 

Very good, IbrahimB.

Where is toba to clear this to us? Or no answer, as I certainly know? grin
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by email1(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2009
what a difference. cool shocked from every angle, there can never be a comparisom, and this is really clear!!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by email1(m): 10:59am On Dec 29, 2009
[quote][/quote]@ poster, are you a christian, a moslem or a pagan?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by flexibu: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
On Between Jesus and Mohammed:

Pls. know that you can only argue based on your Knowledge & perspective.
if Not well Knowledgeable on a topic, you're bound to argue BLINDLY. (as many do)!
so except for laughs, Know behind every argument, Is Ignorance.

The question is who's Ignoramus? embarassed

On Jesus, being God, Prophet, etc at sme time:
Is it Not possible for a Husband to Be A father, Husband, Friend, Confidante, Son and so on to his Wife?

On issue of Trinity:
Have you ever consider the Make-Up of Human beings?

The MIND/Brain, The Spirit and the BODY?
Can a man lacking in any of these 3 be said to be HUMAN?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
@flexibu

Is it Not possible for a Husband to Be A father, Husband, Friend, Confidante, Son and so on to his Wife?

Well I'm not sure how one can be a son (or father) to his wife (except in the metaphorical sense)  undecided  Unless we're referring to the sinister scenario where a boy married his own mother  shocked

Anyway,

1) If you meant "is it possible for a man to be a Husband, Father and a Son at the same time" I will say Yes. BUT, using this example (or any of the examples your provided) is a bad analogy.

This is because while it is true that a man can be both a Husband and Father at the same time, we cannot, for example, say "The Husband said to the Father". That will be unnatural.

This is because the Husband and Father refer to the same person. Unless to the very dogged mind, Jesus and the Father are definitely not the same person.

2) Secondly, a man being a Father and Husband, exists only due to his relationship with others. i.e. He's a father because there's a son and he's a husband because there's a wife. But without these two, he's just simply him. He is not Father and Husband due to his relationship with himself. That will be absurd.

In the case of the christian Godhead, Jesus and God are Son and Father in the absolute sense, independent of any entity outside them/ him.

Though God is also 'Father' to the rest of us (in the sense that He is our provider), when it comes to Jesus and God, this Father-ship and Son-ship are in a very special sense. Christians stress that the way we're the 'sons' of God is not the same way that Jesus is the son of God.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
@muhsin.I ve been too busy today,im around now.
ibrahim, i repeat no contradiction read my previous post instinctively u ll understand.Jesus in john 14 Had said i&my father are one,whoever has seen me has seen d father.what do u make of this? Ask your self if yar adua gives power of attorney to goodluck, while being sick in saudi.who then is ruling yar adua or goodluck? Link it to d present Nigeria situation. God spake word it became flesh(jesus)&gav that flesh dominion over evrything,i repeat over evrything in heaven&earth.Invariably jesus is God by virtue of empowerment&dominionship granted to him by God
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 12:49am On Dec 30, 2009
@Flexibu: « #40 on: Today at 04:23:40 PM »  
On Between Jesus and Mohammed:
Pls. know that you can only argue based on your Knowledge & perspective.
if Not well Knowledgeable on a topic, you're bound to argue BLINDLY. (as many do)!
so except for laughs, Know behind every argument, Is Ignorance.
Please note that the same argument applies to you. All your argument is premised on your knowledge from the Bible! There is ignorance involved, using your argument.

The question is who's Ignoramus?
On Jesus, being God, Prophet, etc at sme time:
To his wife, a husband is never a True Father. If he is then he has defiled all natural laws. So does his wife who is his daughter, allowing incest on herself. Both people, husband and wife have defiled all natural laws. Thats just analysing the father added relationship between husband and wife, who must now be the daughter. Who among you christian men will be the husband of his own daughter? Who among you Christian women will be the wife of her own father? It does not sound so go now, or does it?

If we think that a husband can also be a son, we must then know that the wife is the mother, and its jusr as repunant to think about as husband being father, as in above. Both conditions are unnatural, terrible and unacceptable. Now apply that to Jesus and God Almighty! Same situation.

On issue of Trinity:
Have you ever consider the Make-Up of Human beings?
We have and the analogy to your Trinity is not pretty.

The MIND/Brain,
Brain and mind are not the same. Brain is physical tangible. Mind is not physical and it is intangible!

The Spirit and the BODY?
Is brain not part of the physical body? Hence the brain is part of the body. The other part of the person is Spirit or soul, the not physical, the intangible! You have only two parts to man, the physical and the unseen. The Trinity argument is missing a part still, if you intended to use man as your basis of analysis.

Can a man lacking in any of these 3 be said to be HUMAN?
Lets just ridicule this idea even further. When the man dies, and you bury, incinerate/cremate the "physical body" which of the other parts of the man you can set a plate for at the dinner table? There no part at all, for they all go together, forgotten and cancelled out of those who are still alive in the family! People who do not accept the fact that the man, all of him, seen body and the unseen spirit is dead is going to be considered as a person who is not letting this dead man go, as a person who is not accepting the reality. When you look at all of these, you will know that Jesus is not the same as God, in the same way Husband cant be the father of his wife. If you say that Jesus was born, then all the elements of Trinity; father, ghost must be born at the same time. Just like a child is born, same child will become the husband of a wife in the future, and then becomes a father later. If you say Jesus being a part of Trinity/God died even if only for a moment, then God Jehovah, God Ghost also must have been dead just as much, in the same time period. All these, if you critically look at the trinity by the prism of logical thinking, renders it ridiculous.

I simply wanna make this silly point, if Jesus used the bathroom, cried, suckled mama Virgin Mary, ate, begged God, cried to God, etc not forgiving the thief on the left, gave up the ghost, etc, then this must apply to Jehovah and ghost at the same very time?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2009
@Toba: « #42 on: Yesterday at 10:41:52 PM »
@muhsin.I ve been too busy today,im around now.
ibrahim, i repeat no contradiction read my previous post instinctively u ll understand.Jesus in john 14 Had said i&my father are one,whoever has seen me has seen d father.what do u make of this? Ask your self if yar adua gives power of attorney to goodluck, while being sick in saudi.who then is ruling yar adua or goodluck?
What signature will appear in all documents signed by Goodluck; Yar' Adua or Goodluck? Of course, Goodluck's, for anything other than that will be fraud. He cant even sign and say for "Yar'adua. Its got to be him signing.

Link it to d present Nigeria situation. God spake word it became flesh(jesus)&gav that flesh dominion over evrything,i repeat over evrything in heaven&earth.Invariably jesus is God by virtue of empowerment&dominionship granted to him by God
Lets for the sake of argument agree that God did not give jesus everything. For example, the seat of Governance, since jesus will only sit on the right side of it, then we must know that the owner of that sit reserves all the rights of that seat for Himself! Hence Jesus does not have any authority, except limited authority, whereas God has Unlimited Authority by Himself, for Himself! He can yank any and all authority from anyone, just as much as He wills and no one can ask Him why or resist Him.

Lets look at the other scenario; God did not give any authority of His to Jesus. Can Jesus take any authority by his own power? Not by a long shot. Both conditions nullify Jesus as God, or he and God are One and the same!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by flexibu: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2009
Whao!
Nice responses from you guys!

As with Ignor-anus: Note I did Not refer (neither Positively nor Negatively) to Mohammad? angry
I only tell of what i know(as my faith permit) & i beseech you 2 tow d line!

Can you rather than argue out your Religion, Practise the Goods therein & if(Note the word- IF) there's any unbecoming practise, desist from those.(as RELIGION, NOT faith is dynamic & therefore subject to Changes).

On d Husband analogy; is it possible for people to look at issues Not only Literarily or verbally ( as my analogy is in relation to the Wife, and it does NOT have anything to do with BIOLOGY cry) and read In between lines? shocked (as Jesus is the Devil to You, have you ever thought He could be GOD, or Prophet to some other people?

Do you consider their right to allude to Him as they may wish

Try more to look at the GOOD point in others ideas ( & only then can you learn something New! OPen your eyes - YOUR INNER eyes and see da Light my friends! ( for you shall Know the Truth & the TRUTH shall set you free - i.e whatever set u free, to U, it's d truth. try & respect other peoples Views! dont agree if you don't, but RESPECT it.

On trinity 4 me: (note d word 4 Me) tongue
In HIS (GOD) own Image He Created US (human)!

GOD - Mind
Jesus - BODY
Holy Ghost - Spirit!

Thanks & am out!

try and Ask for explanations from those who may know better ( everyone's a teacher & a student at some point!),
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2009
@olabowale u tried a bit.my response is for u&ibrahim.Trinity of God, being 3 still applies.God sent prophets to save mankind eg moses,mohammad,paul etc.he empowered them,but u know human nature of imperfection surfaced in them.God then decided to come himself to rescue man.Instead of coming down himself,he sent his word&it became flesh i.e jesus(God d son).If u want to achieve a mission u must empower ur agent to act in ur stead.Whatever d agent does it is accepted as d principals decision by law.So technically d agent is d principal
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2009
God sees human errors in prophets,came down as God d son(jesus).God empowered him like himself,becos jesus only was human by virtue of birth,but spiritually like God.Jesus could av been likened human like moses,mohammad,u&myself,but imperfection made God to make him super human,becos of Gods agenda.Thats y paul said in philipians 2 from vs 5,that jesus knew what God was doing with him,with many powers he gave jesus just to save mankind, but jesus didnt rob God,like satan almost did.Pls read d bible quote
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 30, 2009
That Gods missim could be achieved of saving mankind through other means,jesus died&resurected.After resurection he said something in matt 28 vs 10.thats where he took charge of heaven&earth,but this doesnt include God.Pls read carefully 1corinthians15 vs 20-28.Here u ll c d extent of jesus' power.Though jesus&God are 2 separate entities,yet hes God over everyliving&unliving thing except God.Jesus will hand over dominion to God on judgement day,then God will become all in all
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by flexibu: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2009
To whoever does NOT respect, Tolerate nor will Try to learn the view of others,

I think there's a verse in "Q" that says seek the light (wherever it is)

Just because d "B" is written In English you think it could be read just like a Novel?
or a Quote book where you just pick out a verse where Jesus says He's Not GOD(according to U). what about where (like in Many other Places) where He said "I am d Way & light. that NO man cometh to d Father except thru Him?"
Places where GOD himself Open up the Heavens & a Voice said " tHis is my beloved?"
Places where He's seen at the right Hand of GOD?
Places where He said, (after Resurrection) that No one had been to Heaven except He, that'd died & Ressurected?

After enduring the Pain of the Cross & thus Asked "GOD why had thou forsaken me - (albeit because of the WORLD's sin he was carrying), been a just man without SIN, You think any Ordinary human would ask that "Father Forgive them, for they Know NOT what they DO?" will you?

Extremity only lead to what Abdutallab had done to Himself & Family. does he ever consider the Trauma his family will be going through right Now?
did those who supposedly brainwash him prepare them for it?

don't just argue for the sake of arguement!
In as much as i Wont play d Devil's advocate on this, i wont hold brief for GOD(Jesus) also. As his Word & Deed is enof to do that!
But for those wu tink otherwise, Too Bad i can't help u out of ur misery!

I wish i could!
Jesus came, Mohammad came, Did what they could. the rest they say is History.
Why Not let History be the Judge!

(like it's said that During his 33years stay on earth, Peace reigned, what will be said or yours?)
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2009
Flexib.I dnt think u opened ur mind&eyes to understand&see my post before talking frivoloustly.Olabowale said something which i needed to clarify.Jesus is God by virtue of God operating&acting through him(1corinthians15 vs 20-28) over everything God created.Yet jesus&God are 2 separate people.God is still superior.I wouldnt blasphem becos im a christian by not speaking d truth.I read d bible over&over to get these facts&pls dnt just jump into issues with litle or no knowledge about its anticidence.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ilosiwaju: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2009
Mohammed, no less than many other religiously-minded emperors and tsars, appears to have conducted
himself in battle according to the wise principle that a head without a halo is infinitely more desirable than a
halo without a head. Yet he was profoundly convinced that the ultimate victory of Islam depended upon the
sword. The Koran of this period breathes defiance against the enemies of Islam on almost every page. Its
profuse maledictions, once confined to the evildoers of Mecca, now include all unbelievers everywhere. When
Mohammed once had captured a fortress inhabited by a tribe of Jews, his judgment was, "The men shall be
put to death, the women and children sold into slavery, and the spoil divided amongst the army." Then,
trenches were dug, some seven hundred men were marched out, forced to seat themselves in rows along the
top of the trenches, beheaded, and then tumbled into a long gaping grave. Meanwhile, the Prophet looked on
until, tiring of the monotonous spectacle, he departed to amuse himself with a Jewess whose husband had just
perished.

However, it must be pointed out that with regard to Jesus' actual existence, what divided the Christians and
non-Christians was not the question whether or not Jesus existed; but the vastly more pertinent and essentially
different question whether or not the obscure Galilean carpenter, executed by a Roman governor as king of the
Jews, was really a superhuman being who had overcome death, the longed-for-savior of mankind, foretold by
the Prophets, the only-begotten Son of God Himself.
To the Jews, Jesus was indeed a heretic and an agitator of the lower orders; to the pagans, he was a magician
who through sham miracles and with subversive words had incited the people to rebellion, and as a leader of a
gang of desperate men had attempted to seize the royal crown of Judæa, as others had done before and after
him. The non-Christian writers referred to Jesus as a wizard, a demagogue, and a rebel.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by DeepSight(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ Ilosiwaju -

Gbam! Great quotes!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2009
Jesus said,' think not that i have come to send peace on earth, i came not to send peace but sword' mathew 10:34

religion of piss indeed
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
Abu Zola:

Jesus said,' think not that i have come to send peace on earth, i came not to send peace but sword' mathew 10:34

religion of piss indeed

What has this got to do with our discussions.If jesus had said that i have come to send peace on earth, i came not to send peace but sword'

Ask urself how many pple did he kill while on earth for 33 and1/2 years?

ASk urself how many pple did he tell christians to kill with the same sword he mentioned?

Ask urself how many jihad jesus led during his reign on earth?

Can u compare him with mohammad, that actually ordered people to be killed and mohammad that actually used is hands to kill in the name of jihad?

It is d same worthless jihad that led farouk Abdul to wanting to kill more than 200 innocent people, by saying they are enemies of God.

My question is did God appear to AL qaeda or farouk to show them his (God) enemies? and God the creator of heaven and earth is now powerless that he cannot defend himself?

PLs think deeply before making frivolous posts

Your quote makes no sense if u cant answer my questions
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
admitted that jesus never weilded a sword
ask yourself how many people he commanded joshua and moses to kill, maim and rape?
or are you saying moses and joshua acted on their own free will without orders from their god jesus

if you cant answer this question then you are a shameless hypocrite!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
the_seeker, the discussion is about Jesus and not about laws of the old testament that were instituted for military purposes in a world where there was no international diplomacy and mutual respect between nations (as it mostly obtains today).

Ilosiwaju, i must say those quotes are remarkable. Can you please provide the references, i can't google them up right now.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
Okay I found Ilosiwaju's source, paragraphs 2, 8 and 9 of this page

http://ruth-king-james-bible.publicliterature.org/books/necessity_of_atheism/xau.php

cheesy Advert: Anyone who wants to check up on plagiarized stuff can contact me. (Hey I'm not saying he plagiarized. After all, he used quotes, I'm just saying.)
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mr Toba, the jews never gave jesus the breathing space to spread the sword, hope you know this, he was seized and crucified, mathew 27:46 he complained to God on the cross that why did God forsake him, poor jesu
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
ancel:

the_seeker, the discussion is about Jesus and not about laws of the old testament that were instituted for military purposes in a world where there was no international diplomacy and mutual respect between nations (as it mostly obtains today).
Of course the discussion is about jesus. Was he not the one who gave moses the laws of the old testament. Pls tell me he was not the one that ordered moses on those killing sprees and i will rest my case.

Pls tell me how the nations of today are more [i]diplomatic [/i]than those of old. Is the killing 6 million jews or nuking of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in hiroshima and naghshaki or 9/11 your idea of diplomacy  and mutual respect?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
God bless you. No escaping
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
The_seeker, tell me the dividing line between religion and politics, between religious wars and political wars. While you are answering, you will see the difference between the OT laws and what obtains today. The examples you gave are scenarios in war and terrorism, which may have religious intentions, but are, in the underlying, politics. And I am sure you will agree with me that every country today is "scared" of just attacking another country (unlike the ancient times), because the world powers will take sides and some of them have cruel technology: nuclear, biological and otherwise.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
Seeker u will have to show me relevant verses in d bible to support ur trivial post,where jesus had commanded moses,johsua&any other person to kill.I tried but couldnt find one in d entire bible.If u cant post a reasonable&relevant bible verses,then go bury ur head in silence& in shame
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
Seeker u will have to show me relevant verses in d bible to support ur trivial post,where jesus had commanded moses,johsua&any other person to kill.I tried but couldnt find one in d entire bible.If u cant post a reasonable&relevant bible verses,then go bury ur head in silence& in shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is God A Trinity? / TB Joshua Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.