Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Between Jesus And Mohammed! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Jesus And Mohammed! (12441 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by igboboy1(m): 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2010
@SHdADE

guy talk well o, its common sense that if muslims were torchbearers in the academic world why dont we see that intellligence translate to a civilized lifestyle in their communities of today, instead una dey flock go europe and america (wetin do una holy mecca and medina?)

Olodo, you are counting Oil as muslims contribution to the world, Now i know how dumb you are, other countries are boasting of people who founded electricity, internet, cars you are counting OIL, my guy jus go join osama for afghani abeg cos u too dumb,

All your arguments are baseless, Am not surprised you would support terrorism, calling mohmammeds masacarring of innocent people in mecca self defense when na im go back go find trouble (if na dem come find am for medina ehen different tory), Even if he was defending himself is his Allah not powerful to defend him like other men of GOD (e.g Daniel in the lion's den)

If mohammed was a prophet that means he should have held himself to a higher standard, Just like I can never be like Jesus cos JESUS too much/perfect, I dont even consider myself a Christian cos I know I dont do what a Christian should do,

It is sad when you hold mohammed to ordinary human standards, so cos ordinary man kill then mohammed should kill? then aint nothing special about this paedophile to me then, WHat Jesus DId ordinary man couldnt and cant do
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by igboboy1(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

Jayyid, who came to africa and enslave us ? Muslim or xtrian, is hitler a muslim ? Who is the only country to use Nuclear bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, muslim or xtrian, this said it all

Abuzola lets stick to the deal, you keep on saying hitler this, hitler that, remember lets scrutinize the books or their main characters and not Hitler we all know aint shit
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
Still within d topic.Mohammad is no match for jesus.Any1 doubting should post any evil commanded by jesus or d ones he personally did,while i post more than enough evil done by mohammad&his followers in medina&other parts
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2010
See the evil of jesus, 'let him that has no sword sell his garment and buy one' luke 22:36, hahahaha
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nizoral(f): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2010
@all muslims, Jesus is my all in all, my saviour, my source of inspiration, my ominipotent, ominiscience omipresent God. The key to life and death.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nizoral(f): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
Lol did i hear that mohamed is the author of the koran and many people authord the bible, do u knw ur koran were pieces of the bible given to mohamed in the moutain where he claimd to go and pray by some bible scholar at that time he dosnt even knw how to read as an alamajiri dat he is so were put thru by dese men i dnt wanna continue cos lak i said b4 i wont argue wit u baby muslims. now i knw u guys ar just iliterates
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by echo1986: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2010
@abuzola, look why can't say something about how islam came to stay in these countries, northern part of Nigeria , Algeria, Tunisia,Egypt, Somalia,Sudan, Ethiopia ,Eritrea and others . CAN YOU TELL US HOW THE ISLAMIC MUJAHID INVADED THAT COUNTRIES ALL IN THE NAME OF ISLAMIC.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

See the evil of jesus, 'let him that has no sword sell his garment and buy one' luke 22:36, hahahaha
Did u read vs 35? When jesus said to his disciples not to worry about anything.Jesus spoke in parables&wasnt refering to wordly sword but spiritual.If not, y didnt he tell them who to kill with d sword or to go to war with it.U lack interpretation skill my Guy
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
toba:

Did u read vs 35? When jesus said to his disciples not to worry about anything.Jesus spoke in parables&wasnt refering to wordly sword but spiritual.If not, y didnt he tell them who to kill with d sword or to go to war with it.U lack interpretation skill my Guy

you are such an ignoramous. You dnt even knw your bible. Did you forget that they bought the swords and showed it to him and he said 'it is enough'.
Spiritual sword indeed! You guys will just say anything to escape facts. Can u imagine this fool talking about spiritual sword. They should sell spiritual garments to buy spiritual swords eh! Serioulsy i cant stand your stupidity dishonesty
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2010
Toba na olodo, he doesn't know the bible, lets teach him some things in the bible
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

Toba na olodo, he doesn't know the bible, lets teach him some things in the bible
im waiting start teaching me d bible.mumu
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2010
the_seeker:

you are such an ignoramous. You dnt even knw your bible. Did you forget that they bought the swords and showed it to him and he said 'it is enough'.
Spiritual sword indeed! You guys will just say anything to escape facts. Can u imagine this fool talking about spiritual sword. They should sell spiritual garments to buy spiritual swords eh! Serioulsy i cant stand your stupidity dishonesty
Can u show me where in d bible it was said that they bought d sword&how many jihad they fought with dat sword. 2questions for u my retard
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2010
@toba

Can u show me where in d bible it was said that they bought d sword

Luke 22: 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough

how many jihad they fought with dat sword

The swords were bought for self-defence, against any possible attack on Jesus from the Jews. Unfortunately, the Jews brought the "Roman legion" with them, and having only two swords and being much inferior in number, it was suicidal, to say the least, for Peter and co to put up a fight. Hence the famous statement "He who lives by the sword must die by the sword", even though it was Jesus that requested they bought the swords in the first place.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
tanks Brother Ibrahim.

Mr Toba, it is obvious u dnt knw your bible. Pls stop embarassing yourself and shaming your christian brethrens. When you have finished studying your bible you cant come back for some real action. You are still a suckling.

I know you wont listen to my advice and will try to prove that the swords were not meant for fight. Maybe they were actually meant for eating. You dullard!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2010
Lets teach that boy Toba the bible gradually
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 04, 2010
Ibrahim.d swords were ment for self defense.How many defense were they able to use d swords for?How many lives did they terminate with d swords in defense? Dnt tell me no infidel crossed their parts throughout their mission.Compare this with what d noble killer prophet&his mujahids follows did to infidels.Remember d promiscuos killer prophet went around with sword like jesus' disciples did.U are teaching me d bible,so im waiting for it.Before releasing more atrocities of d noble prophet (saw) in medina. This thread is strictly to review atrocities of JESUS&mohammad
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 04, 2010
Sick.seeker,u called me a dullard while u re d dullest&a coward.Each time abu&ibrahim arent here u flee away like a chaff.No wonder Abu had to help u with bible qoutes,when u dnt even know d quran u profess.Its obvious u re a minor,so dis discourse is not for u.I prefer to challenge other senior moslems who wouldnt insult. See a beleiver who knows nothing in his PYRAMID SHAPED empty skull rather than abuse.Topic remains JESUS& mohammed
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 04, 2010
Abu Zola:

Lets teach that boy Toba the bible gradually
Im waiting for u,before unleashing my facts about ur noble prophet with quranic&hadith backup.I ve not started at all im waiting for ur go ahead since we struck a deal& u repudiated
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by FMK(m): 6:28am On Jan 04, 2010
this war is going so bad between the Jewish son of joseph and the Arab Muhamed son of Mustaffa grin grin God please Stop that war
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 8:12am On Jan 04, 2010
Toba are you angry that i called you a dullard? But isn't it obvious! You know nothing about your bible and keep roping up yourself. Whenever you are cornerd u change direction like a robot. I have no choice but to relegate you to to the Hall of NL dumbest, topped by jcross. Now you want to quote the quran and hadiths for me when you dont even know your bible. Prepare for the worst humiliation of your life!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2010
the_seeker:

Toba are you angry that i called you a dullard? But isn't it obvious! You know nothing about your bible and keep roping up yourself. Whenever you are cornerd u change direction like a robot. I have no choice but to relegate you to to the Hall of NL dumbest, topped by jcross. Now you want to quote the quran and hadiths for me when you dont even know your bible. Prepare for the worst humiliation of your life!

I will oblige u

Ultimately, the strongest, most serious problem of the Qur'an is that it affirms the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians as authentic and true revelation from God (cf. what the Qur'an says about the Bible), while radically denying central aspects of their message, e.g. the core themes of sacrifice and atonement in the Torah, the crucifixion of Jesus, the deity of Jesus and even the mere messianic title "Son of God" for Jesus, the very nature of God, the fall and the sinfulness of man, necessity and means of salvation, etc. For this reason Muslims had to invent the unwarranted theory of corruption of the earlier scriptures, even against the clear testimony of the Qur'an itself.

Deny the above
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by FMK(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2010
i ma talking to you

Mohammed Toba and Jesus SeeKer, Jesus Nizoral and others when you stop this wars how much they pay you
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
FMK:

i ma talking to you

Mohammed Toba and Jesus SeeKer, Jesus Nizoral and others when you stop this wars how much they pay you

No im not at war with any1 Im only professing what i know

What is the Trinity?

Describing God
God is described with different words in the Bible, a few of which translate into English as LORD, Lord, the LORD almighty, God, God Almighty and so forth. When reading these in different places in the Bible, you become aware that although God is “one” He is also “more than one”—God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost). Together, they are referred to as “the Trinity” or “the Godhead.” On this page we will provide explanations that help people understand God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Trinity.

God is not so complex that He can not be understood. The Bible is written so that anyone can understand Him. The difference is that God is not human, so He can not be described as a human can be described. The gods of every other religion can be described in “normal” terms since they were invented in the minds of men.* Even some “Christians” (actually Christian cults) invent their own description of God and make Him seem like these other gods (by denying the aspect of the Trinity). On this page we will clarify the Trinity so that you can understand this aspect of God.

* Romans 1:20-23 (chapter 1, verses 20-23)

The Simple Answer
The explanation of the Trinity is so simple that most people miss it.

If God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit were the same, they would not have different names.
If they were the same, they would not appear separately as they do in Matthew 3:16,17.
In spite of being different, they are “one.” (John 10:30)
So we understand that the three “members” of the Trinity are different, but have the same purpose (and they are all God—more on that later).

A Rough Analogy
About 20 years ago, Dr. Harold Willmington (Liberty University) shared an analogy he had heard with his students, comparing the Trinity to a book. For example, a book has length, width, and thickness. The length is not the book’s width, the width is not the book’s thickness. These three dimensions can be described separately, yet they are connected together. If you remove one dimension, you are no longer describing a book. In the same way, the Godhead has three separate members that are connected together, and if you try to remove one you no longer have the Godhead.

God Is One
God is described as “one” in Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Kings 8:60, Isaiah 44:8 and numerous other passages. For example, Deuteronomy 6:4 says “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!” The word for “one” is the Hebrew word ‘echad. (This Old Testament text was originally written in Hebrew). This is the same Hebrew word that is used for “one” in Genesis 2:24—Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

In case you haven’t noticed when a man and woman are married they do not melt into one human being, becoming some sort of hybrid. Yet, they do become “one.” We could cite other examples, but we have made our point.

God Is More Than One
Genesis 1:26, Genesis 3:22, Genesis 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, and other passages are examples of conversations within which God uses the word “we” or “us.” However, God is not referring to any others (people, angels, etc.) in these verses. Since God is having a conversation, the “we” and “us” must therefore refer to the Trinity. You might say that God speaks to Himself in the plural form.

The Trinity Is God
Matthew 28:16-20 is a passage referred to as “The Great Commission.” In verse 19, Jesus states, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,”

Why did Jesus tell his eleven disciples to baptize people in the names of all three members of the Trinity? Why not one or two? It is obvious from this passage that the entire Trinity is God.

Jesus Is God
We understand that many people agree that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit exist. (We are sure that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are relieved to hear that! ) These same people may even agree that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are “working together.” However, the followers of several cults are taught that Jesus is “just a prophet,” or “only the son of God”—not God. This wrong viewpoint is easily clarified by looking at two Bible verses: Isaiah 9:6, and Isaiah 43:12 (below).

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God [0410],
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:12
I have declared and saved,
I have proclaimed,
And there was no foreign god among you;
Therefore you are My witnesses,”
Says the LORD [03068], “that I am God [0410].”

Notice the numbers in brackets that we placed in the text. Those numbers indicate the “Strong’s Numbers” of those particular words. Strong’s Numbers are index numbers in a document called a “Strong’s Concordance” that allow someone who only reads English to understand what the Bible’s original Hebrew words are. For example, the number [03068] refers to the Hebrew word YHWH. This word is usually written in English as LORD, Jehovah, or (phonetically) Y@hovah. Similarly, the number [0410] refers to the Hebrew word ‘el, which is normally written in English as God.

It has been thoroughly proven that Isaiah 9:6 is a Messianic Prophecy referring to Jesus Christ. Notice how Isaiah 43:12 clearly shows that God (YHWH) refers to himself as God (‘El)—the exact same term (‘El) used to refer to Jesus. There are numerous other examples, but we will not belabor the point. It is obvious that God and Jesus are both God.

Jesus Doing What Only God Can Do
Mark chapter 2 opens up with an interesting story about Jesus healing a paralytic man. Notice that Jesus forgives the man’s sins in verse 5 and the reaction of the teachers of the law (the religious experts of the day) in verses 6 and 7.

Mark chapter 2
1 And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house.
2 Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them.
3 Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men.
4 And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.
5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts,
7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’?
10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic,
11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
The teachers of the law knew that only God could forgive sin. Since the people could not “see” sin being forgiven, Jesus proved He did indeed forgive the man’s sins by supernaturally healing the man’s paralysis (providing visible proof everyone could see). You can also read about this event in Luke 5:17-26. In both cases it is obvious that Jesus is God.

Out of the Mouth of Jesus
In Luke 22:70 and John 8:58, Jesus answers questions put to him by the Pharisees that declare Himself to be on “God’s level.” Notice how Jesus answered their questions by saying “I am.” (Ego eimi in Greek.) Ego eimi is not a translation of YHWH, but it is similar to our translating YHWH into “I AM” in English. This choice of words was not lost on the Jewish audience He was talking to! They immediately wanted to kill Jesus for blasphemy. That is, the Jews believed that by comparing Himself to God in that way, that Jesus deserved death. They clearly understood the implication Jesus was making—that He was the same as God. We hope that makes sense to you also.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
toba:

I will oblige u

Ultimately, the strongest, most serious problem of the Qur'an is that it affirms the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians as authentic and true revelation from God (cf. what the Qur'an says about the Bible), while radically denying central aspects of their message, e.g. the core themes of sacrifice and atonement in the Torah, the crucifixion of Jesus, the deity of Jesus and even the mere messianic title "Son of God" for Jesus, the very nature of God, the fall and the sinfulness of man, necessity and means of salvation, etc. For this reason Muslims had to invent the unwarranted theory of corruption of the earlier scriptures, even against the clear testimony of the Qur'an itself.

Deny the above

another of you evasive manuevers. Do you now agree that your god jesus ordered his disciple to buy real swords and not spiritual swords? This is a classical expose of your ignorance and/or insincerity

another name for the quran is Furqan (the criterion). More like a limus to test the veracity of the bible. It comfirms the unaldulterated words of God while exposing and denying the interpolations of men. On this Allah declares in the quran
'woe unto those who write the book with their own hand and claim it is from God. To traffick from it a small reward. Woe unto them for what their hands write and woe to them for what they profit therby'.

That the bible is corrupt is not new. Every bible scholar on the face of the earth admit that the bible is corrupt (thought they disagree on the level of the corruption). That is why we have over 24,000 manuscripts of which no two are the same. Have you ever heard of the codex sinaiticus (oldest manuscript)? It is far older that the codex vaticanus (upon which the modern bible is based). And guess what? It is radically differnt from what you carry around today. Why is the bibleundergoing endless revisions. What is ther to revise in the word of God if it is not corrupted. Why is it that some RSV versions have no mention of the verses realting to trinity? How come the verses relating to the acsension are not included? Or verses of where christ forgave and adultress. The list is endless. Pls do some honest research
So why are you angry that the quran is confirming an obvious truth.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2010
Now back to the topic Jesus &Muhammad

Death : Jesus died and rose from the dead Muhammad died and stayed dead.

Fighting: Jesus never fought Muhammad fought many many times

Hearing from God: When Jesus heard from God he went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness, (Mark 1:14-15). When Muhammad heard from God (supposedly through an angel) he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide (Quran 74:1-5)

Identity: Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man.
Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Muhammad claimed to be a man

Instructions: JESUS Received From God the Father (John 5:19) Allegedly from an angel

Killing : Jesus never killed anyone Muhammad killed many

Life: Jesus had the power to take life, but never did. He restored it. Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never restored it.

There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
WOMEN & MARRIAGE AS DESCRIBED BY JESUS AND MOHAMMAD(SAW)

JESUS: was not married. He healed women, forgave women, and encouraged women. The New Testament teaches that husbands should love their wives and not be harsh with them: Col. 3:19, Eph. 5:25, that men and women are equal in Christ - Gal 3:28, that they should be treated with respect - 1 Pet 3:7.

Once Again Im bold to say There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.

MUHAMMAD: commanded his male followers to beat their disobedient wives. He gave men the right to beat their wives who persistently disobeyed them.

Sura 4:34 "As those you fear may be rebellious admonish, banish them to their couches, and beat them."

The above verse was revealed in connection with a woman who complained to Muhammad that her husband slapped her on the face, which was still marked by the slap. At first Muhammad said to her "Get even with him", but then added 'Wait until I think about it". Later on the above verse was revealed, and Muhammad added, 'We (He and the woman) wanted one thing, Allah wanted another.

The Hadith also said much about women:

Muhammad said that women are generally so evil, that they will make up the majority of people in to hell. Continuing with Bukhari,

Vol. 1, #301: "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women). They [women] asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands."

Bukhari Vol. 1, #28: "The Prophet said, "I was shown the Hell-fire and the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?), he replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good done to them, "

Sahih Muslim says they are the minority in Paradise:

Volume 4, #6600: "Imran Husain reported that Allah's messenger said: Amongst the inmates of Paradise the women would form a minority."

By putting these two Hadith together, we find that Muhammad said that women were the minority in Paradise, and the majority in hell. Therefore it is not a statistical ratio due to the possibility that there are more women than men. Muhammad viewed women as more sinful than men. And the reason more women are in hell is because the women were ungrateful to their husbands!

Muhammad also declared that women are less intelligent than men:

Bukhari, Volume 1, #301:

", Then he (Muhammad) passed by the women and said, "O women, give alms as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." they asked, "Why is it so O Allah's messenger?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's messenger, what is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence, "

MY COMMENTS

Christ's teachings show that women and men are equal in God's sight. "There is neither male nor female in Christ". Socially, Christ dealt with them according to the Father's mercy.

Muhammad positioned females as in between slave and free. Even today in Islamic countries women are regulated to being second class and controlled by the males. This is because of where Muhammad placed them in his teachings.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Toba: « #200 on: Yesterday at 07:36:06 PM »
Did u read vs 35? When jesus said to his disciples not to worry about anything.Jesus spoke in parables&wasnt refering to wordly sword but spiritual.
then Jesus must have spoken in parable, everytime he spoke, if you can call a physical sword, spiritual as if it cant be seen, felt as if its not made of metal! Jesus must have been talking in parable (what he meant is different from what he said) when he said he and his father (not really his father) are one (not really one). Matthew 4 verses 1 to 11 show us that Jesus is a slave, a worshipper of God!

If not, y didnt he tell them who to kill with d sword or to go to war with it.U lack interpretation skill my Guy
should there be a need of an interpretation of an obvious thing, like "Buy swords, and two were purchased"? By the way, when Jesus overturned the Table of the exchangers "he was just playing them", and "he was not showing any violence!" Can we just imagine if Jesus had a sword at that time that he was chasing the moneychangers off the plaza of his "father's house (not really his father since everything is parable)" he will strike them with it and it would have been a strike in parable, too. So if they died, it would have been death in parable, and not in reality!

When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, it was a parable, he did not truly died, no worldly death. No way, no how. Lol. Toba, am following your thinking, man.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2010
olabowale:

@Toba: « #200 on: Yesterday at 07:36:06 PM » then Jesus must have spoken in parable, everytime he spoke, if you can call a physical sword, spiritual as if it cant be seen, felt as if its not made of metal! Jesus must have been talking in parable (what he meant is different from what he said) when he said he and his father (not really his father) are one (not really one). Matthew 4 verses 1 to 11 show us that Jesus is a slave, a worshipper of God!

should there be a need of an interpretation of an obvious thing, like "Buy swords, and two were purchased"? By the way, when Jesus overturned the Table of the exchangers "he was just playing them", and "he was not showing any violence!" Can we just imagine if Jesus had a sword at that time that he was chasing the moneychangers off the plaza of his "father's house (not really his father since everything is parable)" he will strike them with it and it would have been a strike in parable, too. So if they died, it would have been death in parable, and not in reality!

When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, it was a parable, he did not truly died, no worldly death. No way, no how. Lol. Toba, am following your thinking, man.

NO PROMBLEM. WHAT DO HAVE TO SAY TO THESE

Sacrifice: Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others Muhammad saved his own life many times and had others killed.

Sin: Jesus never sinned (1 Pet. 2:22)

Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 40:55; 48:1-2)

Slaves: Jesus owned no slaves Muhammad owned slaves.

Virgin Birth: Jesus was virgin born Muhammad was not virgin born.

Voice of God: Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God (Mark 1:10-11)
Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice of God. It was an angel instead.

There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Toba: « #218 on: Today at 02:33:52 PM »  
WOMEN & MARRIAGE AS DESCRIBED BY JESUS AND MOHAMMAD(SAW)
JESUS:  was not married.
If Jesus was not married, how could he truly know the joy of marriage, being a spouse, a parent? No wonder many of the Chistians dont follow him in this respect!  

He healed women, forgave women, and encouraged women.  The New Testament teaches that husbands should love their wives and not be harsh with them:  Col. 3:19, Eph. 5:25,  that men and women are equal in Christ - Gal 3:28, that they should be treated with respect - 1 Pet  3:7.
Is any of the verses, or books from the above words of Jesus? Did Jesus pass more than "Gospel" time, even up to the "Acts" and now you are quoting the epistles, and others as if they are from Jesus? Quran and ahadith teached better than that; wife is mate of husband, equal in every respect, except in the obvious; strength! They are both responsible, individually for their own actions. Unlike the Bible, where Eve is the culprit of all sins, and neither is forgiven and thereby saddled with original sin, Quran takes it that both were responsible, equally, and eventually forgiven and there is no original sin! The Quran has a Chapter dedicated to "WOMEN", cautioning people to continue to have connection with the womb that bore them, the whole family and even mankind as a whole! The hadith of Muhammad (AS) says that no one is a true believer except he is kind to his wife. Muhammad (AS) says that women are made from the bent part of the rib (we all agree on it), and be gentle with the rib so that you do not break it!

Once Again Im bold to say There is no comparison between Jesus and Muhammad. Muhammad falls so far short that he cannot be held on any level remotely close to Jesus. Muhammad is clearly inferior to Christ.
Inferior in the same way that the one you call God is having a messenger/prophet experience in Matthew 4 verses 1-11? Thats some inferiority, just like thats some God in Matthew 4 [1-11]!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
olabowale:

@Toba: « #218 on: Today at 02:33:52 PM » If Jesus was not married, how could he truly know the joy of marriage, being a spouse, a parent? No wonder many of the Chistians dont follow him in this respect!

Is any of the verses, or books from the above words of Jesus? Did Jesus pass more than "Gospel" time, even up to the "Acts" and now you are quoting the epistles, and others as if they are from Jesus? Quran and ahadith teached better than that; wife is mate of husband, equal in every respect, except in the obvious; strength! They are both responsible, individually for their own actions. Unlike the Bible, where Eve is the culprit of all sins, and neither is forgiven and thereby saddled with original sin, Quran takes it that both were responsible, equally, and eventually forgiven and there is no original sin! The Quran has a Chapter dedicated to "WOMEN", cautioning people to continue to have connection with the womb that bore them, the whole family and even mankind as a whole! The hadith of Muhammad (AS) says that no one is a true believer except he is kind to his wife. Muhammad (AS) says that women are made from the bent part of the rib (we all agree on it), and be gentle with the rib so that you do not break it!

Inferior in the same way that the one you call God is having a messenger/prophet experience in Matthew 4 verses 1-11? Thats some inferiority, just like thats some God in Matthew 4 [1-11]!

Jesus needed not marriage, he came for a reconciliatory mission and not make babies colossians 1:18-23

Also peter and other disciples were eye witness to Jesus' account and they reported it. Read what paul said in 1corinthians 15 1-3

Lastly Jesus is superior to mohammad becos Jesus is God see the above explanations on trinity Mohammad admitted he was not more than a messenger and JESUS was more Than that
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Toba: « #220 on: Today at 03:47:23 PM »  
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 03:29:26 PM
@Toba: « #200 on: Yesterday at 07:36:06 PM » then Jesus must have spoken in parable, everytime he spoke, if you can call a physical sword, spiritual as if it cant be seen, felt as if its not made of metal! Jesus must have been talking in parable (what he meant is different from what he said) when he said he and his father (not really his father) are one (not really one). Matthew 4 verses 1 to 11 show us that Jesus is a slave, a worshipper of God!

NO PROMBLEM. WHAT DO HAVE TO SAY TO THESE

Sacrifice:   Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others
Are you for real man? Jesus pulled all the tricks to not die; begged, prayed, cried, wept, etc and thats before he got to the Garden of Geshemane where he prayed all night till morning about "please take the cup off my head,, and finally on the cross blaming God; my God, my God, why has thou forsaken me." Where is the voluntary in all of that? Ande those who commit suicide will go to hell fire!

Muhammad saved his own life many times and had others killed.
Muhammad (AS) did not save his life, except that Allah did not wish him dead, at the times you are complaining about. Proof, when he was poisoned, he did not cower, and he did not kill the jewish woman who put te poison. At the time of his death, which were already predicted in the Quran (Surah Imran, Surah Azhab, etc), he was given opportunity to remain on earth, but he said he was eager to meet his Lord! The second to the last verse of Surah Taubah, Allah says that Muhammad (AS) is a messenger who has come among mankind, concern about man's condition in the day of Judgement if he does not obey God, eager that man changes his way to good and righteous guidance.

Sin:   Jesus never sinned (1 Pet. 2:22)
Jesus said whoever says a person is a fool will go to hellfire because of that utterance. But he turned around and called people fool! Now tell me where will such an utterance will lead the speaker? If its hellfire, who are in hellfire, except sinners?

Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 40:55; 48:1-2)
There is no place where Allah says, Oh Muhammad, you are a sinner! Whats interesting is that you do not see that Allah says that He has protected Muhammad from all evil, hence admonishing Muhammd in what you quoted is simply indicating that no one is independent from the mercy and forgiveness of Allah, even His beloved Messenger/Prophet is not independent!

Slaves:   Jesus owned no slaves   Muhammad owned slaves.
You are a slave of Jesus. Islam came to eradicate slavery, so Muhammad (AS), as a prophet did not own any!

Virgin Birth:   Jesus was virgin born   Muhammad was not virgin born.
This means what? Then please tell me what A woman who came to existence without a birth of virgin or not virgin mother, and no father either! Tell  me about a man who came to existence without father and without mother!

Voice of God:   Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God (Mark 1:10-11)
Remember that Jesus said "what he shall hear, from God, he sahll repeat". Who was that person, if not Muhammad (AS)?

Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice of God. It was an angel instead.
Surah Najm proofs you wrong. Go read it! I dont want to upset you since you dont even know that Muhammad even went to heaven, returned to earth in one night when he got the commandment of Salah.

Only from your mouth, the same way it is only from your mouth that Jesus is god! The truth in both cases is different. Jesus was no god, since Matthew 4 verses 1-11 among others point completely opposite. Muhammad is not inferior since the Bible talks about the anothet Comforter, hearing and repeating, and we can say that ghost which you said is god, too is hearing and repeating what another God commanded, for God cant command God! The ahadith of Isra wa Miraj showed that Muhammad (AS) led all prophets, including Jesus and even Malaika Jibril in Salah.

You repeat yourself, arguing against "The another Comfort which is Muhammad (as)"!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by olabowale(m): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
@Toba: « #222 on: Today at 04:21:38 PM »
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 03:58:52 PM
@Toba: « #218 on: Today at 02:33:52 PM » If Jesus was not married, how could he truly know the joy of marriage, being a spouse, a parent? No wonder many of the Chistians dont follow him in this respect!
Jesus needed not marriage, he came for a reconciliatory mission and not make babies colossians 1:18-23
The bolded is ridiculous. You left of the "Gospel; John, Matthew, Mark, Luke" and you are giving me Colossians? What has Jesus got to do with it? Oh, he is the writer, another parable, you are telling me?

Also peter and other disciples were eye witness to Jesus' account and they reported it. Read what paul said in 1corinthians 15 1-3
Can you imagine yourself, toba? You mentioned Peter and other disciples, but arguing with Paul! When did Paul ever was a disciple? Are you ok? The whole of the Quran was revealed to Muhammad in 23 years, with many people witnesses, since each verse is either an answer to question(s) and or instructions or example of what has passed, and or what is to come. The Quran is from Allah, Alone, while hadith is from Muhammad, therefore similar to your Bible, espectially the Toraha and the Gospel!

Lastly Jesus is superior to mohammad becos Jesus is God see the above explanations on trinity Mohammad admitted he was not more than a messenger and JESUS was more Than that
So if Jesus is God, explain Matthew 4 verses 1 through 11 to us? Explain Trinity to us, a word that is not even in the Bible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / The Pedophilialism In Islam Is Sickening (an Atheist View) / Is God A Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.