Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Between Jesus And Mohammed! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Jesus And Mohammed! (12445 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2010
Habib.if not that we just entered a new yr, i would have said something u would live to regret about for rest of ur life.A retard like u comparing me to a pig.U re not more than a cleaner in my office.An bush man like u,that knows nothing about islam,if not for abu&other that supports u.I asked u a simple question&u could answer,instead ur poster insult.If u re not a coward muslim re vist my post&answer my question.Mumu
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 01, 2010
Abu chronologically read my 4 posts on page2 for understanding,they were posted while u were on exile.Whatever u deduce on God the trinity&how jesus is God, then I ll share more things, which u know not with u
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Habib16(m): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2010
@toba nw yr so what ofcourse they will back me coz aint they backing u too. Did u just said a clenear LOL u dnt even worth a cleaner in my office! Bursted should I tell u what u worth! Mnn well Kosi wahala.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2010
Habib u re a big fool&an illiterate.I asked u a simple question based on your assertions about prophet isa&mohammad which is d subject of discussion,but u couldnt answer.Instead u started with insults.your I.Q is very low for doing that.How can an unintelligent fellow like u work in an office.Even abu&olabowale will not insult.With less than 40posts on NL, u cant last here if u continue your meaningless posts which u re known for.All ur contributions doesnt make sense becos u like to abuse pple.U will soon be baned
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2010
@toba

As at this period God was experimenting with human nature like prophets in which mohammad falls into this category.The names  above are human being&not spirits.U no theres no way impection& human error/mistake will never set in.Moses did,mohammad did&david all made mistakes during their reign.God was left with no option to save mankind than to change plan by not using human nature again.Thats when Jesus came

God was experimenting, God was left with no option?!  I can't believe this.

Is God a man that He will experiment? Is God limited like us humans that He will be left with no option? Questions for you to answer my friend.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ibrahim yes.After d fall of man adam&eve,God av sent guidians to deliver him from d devil which made man to fall eg noah,abraham,moses,david etc whom were prophets&at d same time politians ruling&teaching Gods will.Like ur prophet in medina was a religious&political leader.Based on human errors&impefections they all didnt reach 100% target even mohammed wasnt perfect as a human.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ibrahim.Therefore God came down in human&God form.John1 d word was God&became flesh(jesus)messiah.Whose mission wasnt political but reconciation of God&man,through his death&resurection(colossians1:20-23).God change plan by not involving politics in jesus' mission thats y he never fought war in his mission like d other prophets mentioned above.Like abuzola said,jesus will return to rule(politics).But no politics in jesus' first coming.Hope your question is answered.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2010
Toba, you're not addressing my question.

My concern is when you say "God is experimenting" or "God was left with no option". You carry out experiments to find out if something works; you're left with no option if you're pushed to a corner or your hands are tied - so to say. That can never be said of an Almighty and All-knowing God.

God never needs to carry out experiments. He knows everything before hand and everything works according to His Perfect Plan.

That's where I'm drawing your attention to.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
Ibrahim yes God is all knowing.But if he doesnt feel theres need to have a replacement,he would not do it.If d earlier prophets didnt fail,do u think mohammed would have come to deliver muslims from d devil? Thats what i mean.If God sends mr A&he fails,then replaces him with B.Thats how it goes till everything is made perfect by God. Note its not succession but replacement like moses failed to get to promise land cos God replaced him with Joshua who got there.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2010
Toba,
1) When can we say a Prophet has failed and when can we say a Prophet has succeeded?
2) Did all the prophets prior to Jesus fail?

In clear terms please.

PS
---------------------------------
You still haven't addressed the issue of God carrying out experiments or God left with no option. Anyway.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2010
D errors of moses is clear .God said speak to a rock,he stricked it instead thats failure, jesus completed his mission on d cross when he said it is finished. Dats success.
I repeat if God finds a perfection in a thing, then no experiment can take place.Genesis1:31 says God saw evrything he made was good.If it wasnt good he would hav experimented by changing them to good ones.
I also have a question for u on d subject of discussion.Its on page 4, i asked habib but couldnt answer.Kindly oblige me oblige me with objective answers
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 11:55pm On Jan 01, 2010
Jesu is a fraud
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 02, 2010
Abu if jesus was a fraud why do u believe in as a messenger of allah?&why do u think he will return to rule d world&convert evry1 to islam? After all a fraud cant be a messiah like jesus
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 12:16am On Jan 02, 2010
toba:

Ibrahim yes God is all knowing.But if he doesnt feel theres need to have a replacement,he would not do it.If d earlier prophets didnt fail,do u think mohammed would have come to deliver muslims from d devil? Thats what i mean.If God sends mr A&he fails,then replaces him with B.Thats how it goes till everything is made perfect by God. Note its not succession but replacement like moses failed to get to promise land cos God replaced him with Joshua who got there.

you got it all wrong. It is sucession and not replacement. For every given nation God send a prophet in the footsteps of another with a progressive message. Same way jesus came in the footstep of moses not to abolish the laws but to emphasise the spiritual aspect of the law which had given way to ritual rigidity and eye service. The interesting thing however is that none of the prophets before Muhammad has a global mission. The were only sent to their people. Jesus was sent only to isrealites just as moses was.
Jesus in his own words said 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the hosue of isreal'. Unless you want to deny that these are not his words or he lied. He made good of this declaration by not preaching to a single jew through out his entire mission. All  his choosen disciples were jews.

However Muhammed decalred a global misiion as the seal of prophets. He encompassed all the teaching of ealier prophets in a complete message to lead mankind into all truth. Among his earliest companions we have
Bilal an African
Salam a Jew
salman a Persian
Shuaib a Roman
You see, islam went global from it very origin. Close to his death, muhammad sent out emissaries to
heraculis of constantinople
negus of abasynia
king of perisia
and the ruler of egypt
invititing them all to the global message of islam. A message for all peoples for all eternity
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by mamagee3(f): 12:19am On Jan 02, 2010
Jesus is better than Mohammed. tongue
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 12:19am On Jan 02, 2010
Toba, stop being fussed up, jesus of the bible is a fraud
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 02, 2010
Seeker thats a lie that jesus was sent to only israel.God sent jesus to d entire world john3:16 never mentioned israel but d world.How come u have his name mentioned in d quran or d quran was also israel?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 02, 2010
Seeker thats a lie that jesus was sent to only israel.God sent jesus to d entire world john3:16 never mentioned israel but d world.How come u have his name mentioned in d quran or d quran was also israel?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 12:26am On Jan 02, 2010
Jesus said he was sent to the lost sheep of israel, open ur eye, you are deceived
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 02, 2010
Abu how many jesus do we have? Tell me i dnt "know"
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 12:32am On Jan 02, 2010
The jesus of the bible is not the true jesus, get it
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 12:33am On Jan 02, 2010
toba:

toba, who is the liar? Me or jesus who said 'i am sent [b]only [/b]to the lost sheep of the house of isreal'
stop jittering my brother. I know it is painful that your god denied you. The truth shall set you free!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by IbrahimB: 1:09am On Jan 02, 2010
@toba

D errors of moses is clear .God said speak to a rock,he stricked it instead thats failure

What chapter of the bible is this? So is this what you classify as Moses' failure!!

And wouldn't Jesus' inability to get the support of the Jews also be deemed as failure? At least one could argue that Moses was at least able to do that.

Toba, is this not a greater failure than the one you mentioned for Moses?

PS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask again: What yardstick can we use to say a Prophet has either succeeded or failed?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nizoral(f): 2:31am On Jan 02, 2010
2 all u fanatics of islam, Jesus is stil beta than mohammed. I think i prefer a fraudster 2 a muderer. Put a suck in ur mouths
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2010
Toba is too dull to engage any counter-arguement with, true seeker i give it to you, bravo, you ve defeated the poor boy black and white, he doesn't even know that jesus ordered joshua and moses to massacre people, now he even lacks the knowledge of jesus sent to the lost sheep of israel.
@the seeker, i'll advice you to ignore the ignorance boy he doesn't worth answering
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2010
Abuzola u are a retard&an unintelligent mumu,who doesnt reason before posting.Ur leader mohammad did incredible nasty things.Sleeping with aisha,marrying a widow older than him,a war lord&a murderer.No wonder all u his followers are terrorist like him.See d shame ur fanatism&extremism religion brought on Nigeria.Pple are being screend at airport like criminals.Thks to islam religion of rioters&terrors
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2010
In matthew 2:10 d maggie were d 1st to take cognisance of jesus' birth&d maggie were unbelievers neither were they xtians or jews.They were astrologians who saw a great star of jesus,went to worship him&presented gifts
John 3:17 jesus was sent to d world to save it.
Mohammad claims to be d comforter jesus promised to send in John14:16-18.How come since jesus wasnt sent to d world,how could he have send his servant mohammad to d world to comfort them?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by KunleOshob(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2010
@the_seeker/abuzola and other ignorant muslims on this thread

Jesus directed that his gospel be spread all over the world and there are several scriptures in the bible to back it up. The fact that his own personal physical ministry was to the israelites does not over shadow the fact that the apostles were commisioned to spread the gospel all over the earth starting with Israel.

Luke 24:46-47:
46 And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. 47 It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’

Mark 16:14-15:

14 Still later he appeared to the eleven disciples as they were eating together. He rebuked them for their stubborn unbelief because they refused to believe those who had seen him after he had been raised from the dead.[a]

15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.

Matthew 28:18-19:

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2010
If for 33&1/2 years jesus was domicile in israel, after resurection, the gospel of love,peace&humility of christ have travelled from israel to evry part of d world peacefully.It Got to Nigeria without force or war.
Can same be said of islam/mohammed? Who spread islam with war&force.Killing infidels,raping woman,using barbaric means to force islam on people
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2010
you guys are just simply amazing. A guy walked this earth for 33 years and never preached to a single non jew, instead he called them dogs and pigs. He also categorically stated that he was sent only to the house of isreal (am still waiting for anyone to deny he did not utter those words). Have you forgotten that before his alledged cruxifiction he proclamied 'i have finished the work you have sent me'.
Then somehow a [i]ghost [/i]appears to his disciples commanding them to preach to all nations. The interesting thing about these verses is that there are missing from most manuscripts of the bible like the Codex Sinaiticus. And have been considered as an interpolation that [i]crept [/i]into the scripts.
Playing fast and loose with the words of God eh!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2010
If jesus wasnt sent to d world as alledged by u,how did his gospel&teachings went around d world&his name was mentioned in d quran?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
@All

While I will not condone the ways and manner but sides of the faith communities addressed each other devoid of grace, self respect and righteousness (which is opposite of what organised religion preaches and the reason why though I have been on Nairaland for long, I always hesitated in participating)

My take is we should enter into comparative religion and truth seeking with patience, good speech and tolerance, lest we might benefit from it by:

1) getting the true postion of each others faith so as to be able to attribute to them what is factual, honest and truth

2) still continue to coexist as brother in humanity and members of human family

3)not saying of each others faith, the propaganda, the falsehood of the wicked and those ignorant of truth (in other to score cheap points on NL and egoistic victories),

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Pedophilialism In Islam Is Sickening (an Atheist View) / Is God A Trinity? / TB Joshua Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.