Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Between Jesus And Mohammed! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Jesus And Mohammed! (12443 Views)

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
I wanted to post where jesus did it but it will be interferance, toba we are going to show you that we know the bible more than you, if you are with us aforetime you will know that i have done justice to this time without number, ask davidylnd
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
ancel:

The_seeker, tell me the dividing line between religion and politics, between religious wars and political wars. While you are answering, you will see the difference between the OT laws and what obtains today. The examples you gave are scenarios in war and terrorism, which may have religious intentions, but are, in the underlying, politics. And I am sure you will agree with me that every country today is "scared" of just attacking another country (unlike the ancient times), because the world powers will take sides and some of them have cruel technology: nuclear, biological and otherwise.

sincerly you are not making sense. It makes no difference whether the wars in the OT were political or religoius or economic, the fact remains that your god jesus ordered the massacare and despoil of innocent people not even sparing the chidren or 'anything that breathes'.
Like i said ealier, i just need you guys to tell me jesus is innocent of the war crimes in the OT and i will accept he is the 'prince of peace'. Afterall through out his 33 years on earth he never [i]held [/i]a sword
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
I would really love to face ur challenge abuzola but d seeker respond with biblical facts about jesus ordering killing

abuzola after d seeker u ll have to show me where jesus ordered killing
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2009
No qualm
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
the_seeker, are your posts on this thread really worth my precious time? I was stating political & religious differences to explain what I meant about international diplomacy and mutual respect in today's world, and you're talking about OT wars? If you don't understand, just forget it.

I chose not to take you up on "Jesus ordered mass killings" talk initially, because I know that blind arguments will follow in the name of replies. Every man and his furry black dog knows that Jesus was a radical who preached love for one's enemies, which was contrary to human nature and bordered on the divine. Even as he died, he asked for forgiveness for his murderers, pleading with the eternal judge not to count it against them. I won't even begin to talk about what Mohammed preached or the terrible things he did. This thread may get locked.

And will you please answer Toba and show your bible references? Cos that is the true value of a seeker, a scholar who knows what he's talking about. Where are your references, clearly showing that Jesus did and/or said what you claim he did or say?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
Brother Abuzola, pls do me the honour of pasting the verses on the war crimes commited by moses and josua as ordered by their god jesus. I using my fone and typing would be tedious
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
Joshua and moses right ?
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ancel(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
And don't forget to show us how it was Jesus that gave the instruction. I'm always open to learning.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
abuzola, yes moses and  joshua
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
Alryt, hang on
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by GoodMuyis(m): 12:04am On Dec 31, 2009
Between Jesus And Mohammed!

How Many time will you guys Discuss and argue this issue almost every season STOP and Listen to me

Mark 7:6-7
*He answered and said unto them,  Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with [their] lips, but their heart is far from me.
*Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men

Now Are you all Born again
If yes then you should have:

(Matt 5:16)
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

And stop Unnecesssary Arguement

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by hubreality(m): 1:00am On Dec 31, 2009
Comparing between Jesus and Mohamed is a complete play of dirty and evil politics of religion. I tell you, most people(religionists) of any set who are termed extremists or fanatics tending to defend God, Allah, or whatever are only hypocritical and selfish. Take note, their hearts are very far from the Father of spirits(God), and they lack love. This is a reality over the ages.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by ilosiwaju: 2:14am On Dec 31, 2009
Okay I found Ilosiwaju's source, paragraphs 2, 8 and 9 of this page

http://ruth-king-james-bible.publicliterature.org/books/necessity_of_atheism/xau.php

Advert: Anyone who wants to check up on plagiarized stuff can contact me. (Hey I'm not saying he plagiarized. After all, he used quotes, I'm just saying.)
ancel , i did not plagiarise and thats why i put stuffs in quotes. i only forgot to mention i was quoting Dr D.M. Brooks' Necessity of Atheism.
besides this is nairaland it u dont need a computer science degree to check plagiarism,google makes that easy.

Hey I'm not saying he plagiarized. After all, he used quotes, I'm just saying.
stop the eye-service please, what are you saying? if you know the quotes i put the text meant they weren't mine, why use my post to advertise your copyright business?
angry
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 2:23am On Dec 31, 2009
Joshua 8:1-26

Then the Lord said to joshua, do not fear or be dismayed, take all the fighting men with you and go up now to Ai, see i have handed over to you the king of Ai with his people, his city and his land, You shall do to Ai and its king as you did to jericho and its kings, only its spoil and its livestock you may take as booty for yourselves. Set an ambush against the city, from behind.

So joshua and all the fighting men set out to go up against Ai, joshua chose thirty thousand warriors ,,,,,,,,

the total of those who fell that day, both men and women was twelve thousand, all the people of Ai. For joshua did not draw back his hand with which he stretched out the sword, untill he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitant of Ai'
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by RiffRaff: 2:29am On Dec 31, 2009
U see how religious crisis starts in Nigeria. When piple start comparin der beliefs.
Why cant u piple just coexist witout comparin who's imaginary friend is more violent.
If u read d 2 fairy tale books, u wil see d flaws in d both of them. So why nt just stick 2 ur own belief, keep d faith (delusion).
Wat do u hope 2 achieve by creatin dis thread? It wil only degenerate 2 d same old argument,
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by AbuZola3(m): 2:30am On Dec 31, 2009
Moses mass murder

' and he said to them,'thus says the Lord God of israel,'put every man his sword on his side and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp and slay every man, his brother and every man his companion and every man his neighbour'

And the sons of levi did according to the word of moses and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men' Exodus 32:27-28
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by GoodMuyis(m): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2009
Moses mass murder

' and he said to them,'thus says the Lord God of israel,'put every man his sword on his side and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp and slay every man, his brother  and every man his companion and every man his neighbour'

And the sons of levi did according to the word of moses  and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men' Exodus 32:27-28

Abuzola I wyll reply you on this with what Jesus Himsefl says:

(Matt 5:21)
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
(Matt 5:22)
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

(Matt 26:51)
And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out [his] hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
(Matt 26:52)
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
(Matt 26:53)
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
(Matt 26:54)
But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

So think twice before you say anything about bible. Jesus make & Bring love He did not make war He encourages us to love even our enemies

(Matt 5:43)
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(Matt 5:44)
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Him that says this How will He then Cammand War

And Why did he say those phase, the reason is :

(Matt 5:45)
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by hubreality(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2009
Abuzola, just be becareful of the rants of a ter.rorist. You may be soon labelled as one, as you may not be aware of the close sensitive watch by the federal authorities and the FBI on open discussion forums like this in Nigeria. Be warned!
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

Moses mass murder

' and he said to them,'thus says the[b] Lord God[/b] of israel,'put every man his sword on his side and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp and slay every man, his brother and every man his companion and every man his neighbour'

And the sons of levi did according to the word of moses and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men' Exodus 32:27-28

thanks Abuzola
i just need somebody to deny that the Lord God that commanded this massacre was not jesus but someone else. Else, you will have to agree with me that jesus was no 'prince of peace'
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 31, 2009
Seeker or what ever u call urself.It shows u re a complete coward&a guy who rants with no fact.U shd hav posted d irrelevant verses abuzola qouted urself.It shows u know nothing about this topic&neither do u know a bit of d bible.Abuzola dat helped u doesnt know when it comes to critisizing islam u re a candidate.Im done with u.Abuzola over to u
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2009
very well said Toba. This is the kind of vomit i expect from a christian who has been cornered. Am used to it. Since you (or any xtian for that matter) can never answer my simple question, i hereby rest my case.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2009
Seeker what questions are u talking about? Ask it i love challenges&im not scared of one,d only thing i wouldnt do is to kill.My disgust with u is that jesus had commanded war,whereas in d entire bible jesus never held a sword&never command us to go to war.Can that be said of mohammad? who killed&ordered moslems to do same in d name of jihad.No wonder farouk would av killed 200+ in d name of jihad
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 9:09am On Dec 31, 2009
Muhammad was a noble warrior and the very soul of justice and kindness. We muslims are proud of him.

Back to my question in case you did not get it.

What jesus the Lord God [/b]that ordered moses in the blood campaign below? Yes or No

' and he said to them,'thus says the [b]Lord God
of israel,'put every man his sword on his side and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp and slay every man, his brother and every man his companion and every man his neighbour'

Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nizoral(f): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2009
@the seeker why dont you which you want & stop slandering the bible by misquoting dude or are you going hysterical.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2009
Seeker.seek&u shall find.Abuzola has errorneous put fable words into ur mouth.In d old testament God almighty was completely in charge of running affairs of d world minus jesus.Jesus was only refered to in gen1:26 lets make man in our image.All d actions that took place from genesis to malachi,were comanded by God not jesus.Dont mix up ur head to blasphem
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2009
Ok, wat u are telling me is that God was the one responsible for the war crimes and our dear jesus is innocent.
The verdict is out by our brother Toba. God is guilty and jesus is innocent. Because jesus was not God in the old testament.
But have you forgotten that 'in the beginning there was God and the Word was with God and the Word was God'
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2009
Ur response was what i was expecting.In d old testament,many leaders went to war more than u muslims know.eg moses,joshua,deborah,barak,gideon,jephthah,samson&david at Gods command.In which david was told in 1samuel30:3-8.Isaiah prophesied about d birth&life of jesus in d old testament&JESUS NEVER SURFACE during this era.Was his name jesus mentioned anywhere? His birth&life was talked about.Yet he was with God from genesis
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2009
As at this period God was experimenting with human nature like prophets in which mohammad falls into this category.The names above are human being&not spirits.U no theres no way impection& human error/mistake will never set in.Moses did,mohammad did&david all made mistakes during their reign.God was left with no option to save mankind than to change plan by not using human nature again.Thats when Jesus came
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2009
are you telling me that his birth 2,000 years ago marks his beginning. Was he on coma from the beginning of time till until 2,000 years ago ? Was he not the one that created the world and made us in his image? Have you forgotten he is part of the trinity and is co-eternal and co-equal with his father. Will his father have done anything without his approval.
I know you are confused. My brother you have everyright to be, cos your theology is confused. And you can never reconcile it no matter how hard you try.
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2009
Seeker u are not blind now.If u read my post,in it i said in gen1:26 he was mentioned as part of d our during creation.John 1 is still there for u,how then do u ignorantly say he was in coma? Read these colossians1:15-17.He had existed before everything.He took charge after resurection in matt 28:18.The only mission he came to earth to do was in colossians1:18-23.Which he did
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2009
I ve told u what human imperfections couldnt achieve God did it with jesus.Atleast mohammad,moses&prophets did engaged in war&other activities etc,but yet mission unaccomplished,dats y Jesus came for reconcialiation of man&God.No account in your quran or bible would mention anywhere he led a war or ordered us to go to war
Re: Between Jesus And Mohammed! by theseeker2: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2009
i dont get your point. Dont you believe in trinity? Is the father and son not supposed to be coequal and coeternal. Unless you are saying jesus is another God completely differnt from his father. In such case we can assume God the father was callous and wicked but God jesus is opposite in nature, thus gentle and peace loving. That was why he took over control from his blood thirsty father. Lets just hope the wickd father never takes control again.

Think man! Think!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Pedophilialism In Islam Is Sickening (an Atheist View) / Is God A Trinity? / TB Joshua Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.