Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? (17452 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Faakay nothing do you.
You a sharp nigga.
Do me I do you the gods won't vex
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bawomolo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

This happened to moi in UNILAG but it wasn't chocolates, it was SUYA. grin
I turned up late for a date and the witch in question threw temper tantrums, i left the SUYA i brought with me on her table and she threw it in a bin(still wrapped though). I left the room and went back to pick up something i cannot remember now and alas. . . .The whole crew were devouring the SUYA.

kai why do girls have to form, nigerians can be obsessed with image. no wonder you are hard on this women grin

oyb:

naaa  

unilorin chicks no too dey form like that at least when i was there - thats a unilag story

i knew the expired biscuits dude tho

was my classmate

guy na big boy in glo now - no more dissing from chicks

y'all just need to do hit the books get the grades and the good paying job - and a lot of all this shakara will be a thing of the past - a distant memory

word, that's the main thing. woman sure do like financial stability.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by londoner: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
LOL, man some of these stories are just too funny! If you like a guy, why pretend? Gosh, its sounds like some Nigerian girls back home just like to embarass men. Whats the point, why be cruel like that? That is soooo not cool. Its so rude to bin a gift for your date, especially right in front of him, thats evil.

However its not just Nigerian girls. My present boyfriend has dated White women who he has bought flowers for and they simply said, "hmmm wrong colours" not even a thankyou. Or after being given a ring as a present simply said it was "too cheap" My guy is a sweetheart and many girls would see that as a weakness, their loss hey.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Kilode1: 9:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
to those eewing Nigerian men who touch Please note: All Touching is not so alien to Nigerian or African culture, let's slow down on the Oyinbo mentality, we like to touch and stay close together and I'm not talking about perverted touching. If a Nigerian guy grabs your hand publicly just tell him stop, a sensible one will stop. but to start[b] eeewing[/b] touching as if those in Naija grew up in Boston or Chicago is totally unfair to them. African culture for the most part do not see polite physical touching as a social no no, we touch people to get their attention here. Temper the culture shock with some sensibility next time your plane lands in Lagos.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by ladej(m): 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
Kilode?!:

to those eewing Nigerian men who touch Please note: All Touching is not so alien to Nigerian or African culture, let's slow down on the Oyinbo mentality, we like to touch and stay close together and I'm not talking about perverted touching. If a Nigerian guy grabs your hand publicly just tell him stop, a sensible one will stop. but to start[b] eeewing[/b] touching as if those in Naija grew up in Boston or Chicago is totally unfair to them. African culture for the most part do not see polite physical touching as a social no no, we touch people to get their attention here. Temper the culture shock with some sensibility next time your plane lands in Lagos.
trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
Kilode?!:

Grabbing and groping is not "polite" touching now. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
^Americans too grab and go. European men gran and go. So why should Nigerian men not grab and go? angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

^Americans too grab and go. European men gran and go. So why should Nigerian men not grab and go? angry
Meh, they're the ones complaining about getting insulted, try it and see if she doesn't take the insult up a notch cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by ladej(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
ibkaye:

Meh, they're the ones complaining about getting insulted, try it and see if she doesn't take the insult up a notch cheesy
its not polite to grab a chic, a real man doesnt do it, regardless of where u live in the world
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2010
ladej:

its not polite to grab a chic, a real man doesnt do it, regardless of where u live in the world
Exactly
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by mamagee3(f): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
Cause their toasters are annoying to a heartbeat. sad
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ decrypto
Yes, the majority of poor men in Nigeria get married to those one who don't snub or bluff men.

Those who don't snob or bluff men are somewhat in the majority since most people live below a dollar in Nigeria. So you see not every naija girl is materialistic. tongue
[pre]
[/pre]

I know of a friend of mine who said that: "Until Nigerian ladies begin to accept flowers in place for money like the white ladies do abroad, then Nigerian men will become romantic,pleasant and respectful as the white men are to their ladies

Lol, You are only attesting to the fact that Nigerian men are unromantic, unpleasant and disrespectful. grin grin So you see I was right all along. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

SEFAGO:

^Americans too grab and go. European men gran and go. So why should Nigerian men not grab and go?  angry

Go and grab a random American woman you don't know now and see if you will not be sued for sexual harassment. angry angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
Go and grab a random American woman you don't know now and see if you will not be sued for sexual harassment.

I grab and go all the time cool, No harassment suit, yet- girls like it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by ladej(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
stillwater:

Lol, You are only attesting to the fact that Nigerian men are unromantic, unpleasant and disrespectful. grin grin So you see I was right all along. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

not all
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
Although I've never been one to negatively generalize Naija babes, if I was asked to man the microphone I would speak with candor and call them unrefined.  It's a truth they deserve to know.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by oyinda3(f): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

^Americans too grab and go. European men gran and go. So why should Nigerian men not grab and go?  angry

European and American men definitely do not. they're too polite sef. and even if a small percentage do, it's nothing compared to African men and AA men who are mostly unrefined. so plz learn accordingly.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by finemocha(f): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
girls do it because u men dont understand what no means.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Moonstone(f): 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
H2O2:

Although I[b]'ve never been one to negatively generalize Naija babes[/b], if I was asked to man the microphone I would speak with candor and call them unrefined.  It's a truth they deserve to know.
Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need FL Gators to see this. This year has barely started and you're already in the contest for the most ridiculous statement on NL.

Nigerian girls are not unrefined.
A lot of guys don't understand a simple word called 'NO'.
No does not mean Yes.
When a girl says NO - back down and approach in a more subtle manner.

I've seen guys approach a girl and then end up speaking horrible english to them. . . that's just wrong.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bluespice(f): 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
they don't insult, they just tell them off quite sternly in colorful words smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by oyinda3(f): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2010

bluespice:

they don't insult, they just tell them off quite sternly in colorful words smiley

hahahaaha and even sef. isn't it a nigerian thing to insult ppl. even some parents insult their kids. these dudes shld be used to it already so why the noise? lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
ladej:

not all

Yeah I know. I'm just playing o. tongue

H2O2:

Although I've never been one to negatively generalize Naija babes, if I was asked to man the microphone I would speak with candor and call them unrefined.  It's a truth they deserve to know.

It goes both ways. Hehehehe. cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
European and American men definitely do not. they're too polite sef. and even if a small percentage do, it's nothing compared to African men and AA men who are mostly unrefined. so plz learn accordingly.

LOL, Ok
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bluespice(f): 11:13pm On Jan 13, 2010
actually the truth is many black men irrespective of origin, have issues with approaching ladies
they either just outrightly creep us out or are bottom rockin' rude
doods, y'all need to step your game up
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Moonstone:

Nigerian girls are not unrefined.
You're right, unrefined is putting it mildly.  Crass is a more adequate depiction.

No does not mean Yes.
When a girl says NO - back down and approach in a more subtle manner.
No means yes, yes means no.  The sooner girls stop interchanging these words the easier it will get for them.
Girls are the most unorthodox gender on the planet earth.  They find it easier to mince words than to be upfront.

I've seen guys approach a girl and then end up speaking horrible english to them. . . that's just wrong.
That's a barbarian's excuse to refrain from courteousness.   Naija babes are not the most eloquent or fluent english speakers on the planet, so don't delude yourself.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by TOPE20001(f): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
I really dont understand why either? if u dont like him, just ignore him. Simple undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
I thought this would be nice to share. Start from 3:35. grin grin grin grin

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcizhE0lKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
^ Infact look at the unattractive girls Nigerian men have to put up with. Just check that video out undecided.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ Infact look at the unattractive girls Nigerian men have to put up with. Just check that video out undecided.
CHEIIIIIIIIIIII eye-cancers
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Moonstone(f): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
H2O2:

You're right, unrefined is putting it mildly.  Crass is a more adequate depiction.No means yes, yes means no.  The sooner girls stop interchanging these words the easier it will get for them.
Girls are the most unorthodox gender on the planet earth.  They find it easier to mince words than to be upfront.
That's a barbarian's excuse to refrain from courteousness.   Naija babes are not the most eloquent or fluent english speakers on the planet, so don't delude yourself.
What da heck?
Crass is too harsh and we are not crass.
The sooner guys stop imagining our answers, the better for them.
We are not the most unorthodox. . . Guys have beat us in that category.
I know but if you're gonna toast a girl - you might as well do it right.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
Like what the hell- I couldn't even tell which of them was the girl. They both looked like guys to me.  undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
Gosh, you guys are mean.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
ibkaye:

Gosh, you guys are mean.
Except my Ibukun. I love her so much kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Some Men Always Prefer Helping Women Instead Of Their Fellow Men / If You Were In Position To Help Your EX With Money, Will You Do It? / What Makes A Relationship Last Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.