Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? (17449 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by woye77: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2010
really i feel people are deviating from the original thread discussion - this discussion is about rude ladies not overtly perverted men. i think there are three reasons why a lady would be unduely rude to a man who asks her out (a) insecurity / lack of self confidence (b) improper home training (c) lack of expossure

look at a scenario like this: 'ngozi you are very fine o' - reply: 'you are mad!' - what has 'madness' got to do with someone complimenting you on your beauty - like someone put it, it's very obvious that in this kind of scenario, ngozi is the one who is mad because she hasn't trained herself to deal with male attention which is unavoidable - surely you can become rude if a man's attention starts turning to "harrasment" that is when he starts becoming overtly persistent but it's only fair to say a polite approach should be reciprocated with a polite answer - finito! cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Konjour(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Woye77, word!, you just took the words outta my mouth. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Fearcom(m): 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
@woye77,Spot on! wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Hauwa1: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
i like it when ladies yab their toasters bo. some wormies are worth a gal's venow kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by platinumnk(f): 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
woye77:

really i feel people are deviating from the original thread discussion - this discussion is about rude ladies not overtly perverted men. i think there are three reasons why a lady would be unduely rude to a man who asks her out (a) insecurity / lack of self confidence (b) improper home training (c) lack of expossure

look at a scenario like this: 'ngozi you are very fine o' - reply: 'you are mad!' - what has 'madness' got to do with someone complimenting you on your beauty - like someone put it, it's very obvious that in this kind of scenario, ngozi is the one who is mad because she hasn't trained herself to deal with male attention which is unavoidable - surely you can become rude if a man's attention starts turning to "harrasment" that is when he starts becoming overtly persistent but it's only fair to say a polite approach should be reciprocated with a polite answer - finito! cheesy

not all girls abuse toasters . . . lol  usually its smile, decline and move on. . wink
No reason to be mean  sad
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by ichommy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2010
I wonder ooo grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ woye so u didn't c any orther name to use besides ngozi?the man must have done something alongside wat he said u know some guys act like touts,some even go as far as touching/draggin while saying wateva they have to say,plus some guys don't just get it wen u say no.i don't insult sha i just calmly xplain myself,but if a guy wanna play deaf to wat i said,i just say sory i don't have time 4 dis & i bounce.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
if dats ur personal experience must u use dat as a yardstick 2 generalize all naija chics as rude.sowy bout dat anywayz,probably u nid 2 brush up on ur overall attitude n ways of expressing urself in order not 2 attract insults
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by ladej(m): 12:12am On Jan 13, 2010
freecocoa:

@ woye so u didn't c any orther name to use besides ngozi?the man must have done something alongside wat he said u know some guys act like touts,some even go as far as touching/draggin while saying wateva they have to say,plus some guys don't just get it wen u say no.i don't insult sha i just calmly xplain myself,but if a guy wanna play deaf to wat i said,i just say sory i don't have time 4 dis & i bounce.
if he used halle or michelle or toyosi, just a name. better to bounce i agree than rain insults, the funny thing is that women are worse off when it comes to unrequited attention
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by blackcat1: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
because naija men can't take NO for an answer
the only answer they accept is serious yabbies
abroad if a woman says thank you but am not interested you respect her answer and leave her alone.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Pharoh: 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hmm no comment for now.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by londoner: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
Its not just  Nigerian girls, but some of you guys need to learn to take no for an answer. Usually when you say no politely for the first few times, they think you are playing hard to get. Its as if they force you to cuss them in order for them to leave you alone.

One of my friends at work  who is Jamaican, is being stalked by a Nigerian guy also at work. He is quite perverted in the things he says to her and she keeps telling him she is not interested, as she has a boyfriend ( also Nigerian). This guy is making her feel so uncomfortable and wont take no for an answer so she said she is just going to cuss him down so he gets the message. Now who's fault is that, his or hers?

Some of you guys just feel we have to accept your advances, and we dont.

I remember when I was in Abuja, I and my Mum went to a restaurant. The guy had the cheek to slip me his number in front of my mother! I discreetly left the number behind underneath the plate. We went to the restaurant on a different occasion, could you believe he had the cheek to ask me why I did not take the number, that I should have taken it. I told him it was not bad for him to have given it, but it was up to me whether to take it.

He was lucky, I felt he disrespected my Mum for even doing it in front of her in the first place.

But, I have seen some women just shout at a guy just because he chatted her up, its cruel and unecessary to do that. It takes courage to speak to someone you fancy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Ben13: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2010
Sometimes, you guys toasts stupidly. sorry to say

You know, It's not a crime for a lady to say no to your proposal, but you keep pestering her every now and then.

The lady is left with no choice than to look for a way she can be free from you, the pest. Not every lady enjoys disturbance. . .not all can be very patient.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Borat1: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
He he!
@Poster, you mean Mschewwww!
Guy: Hey fair lady, how is the weather?
Chic: Mschewwwww!
Chei! shocked grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Ben13: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
;d
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by djcrucifix(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
I'm sure some other guys must be wondering about this too - ladies in civilised societies don't do that so why are our girls fond of this? is something to do with our culture?

i still ask myself the same question. there's nothing bad in a lady telling a guy off politely, i think they just like attention and i believe gurls who do that are not classy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by idifu(m): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
brodas are sumtimes rude 2 d ladies so dey get insulted in their process of trying to seduce the ladysmiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Personally I do not insult dudes dat try to holla till they give me a reason to.  And trust me a lot of them especially them naija dudes give me a reason to. Even when they give me a reason to, I Insult them in a very polite way.  cool

but on a serious note, some dudes should learn how to accept rejection in a gentle manner without insulting the lady even when she's politely put him off and they also need to know when asking a lady out becomes harrasment!

True men are meant to accept rejection.

Why do you have to insult them? can you give me a good reason for this?

It is better to respond back in a polite manner or ignore him if you don't have anything to do with him.

You insult those that insult you and respect those are polite to you. That's the logic

Anyway girls they look faz b4 dem dey insult guyz, levels dey, no girl fit insult me sha,  cos i talk politely and I have respected her, if she misyarn, men,  i go abuse am hen. chei,  she will regret knowing me  lipsrsealed

Trust me, they know better  cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by asha80(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
Nigerian girls can be a special breed.Some of them here are saying if a girl should say no the guy should move on BUT most of them will tell you later that the 'NO' they gave you is just to test your commitment ie playing hard to get.

Being the type that talks or toasts a lady ONCE i have being a victim of 'so because i said no you did not ask of me again,that means you are not serious about me' on a number of occasions.

At times i do not blame some guys that are persistant because some of these ladies can be funny.If guys with my kind of mindset only existed wahala for dey because once the lady says no then no time for persuasion.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
asha 80:

Nigerian girls can be a special breed.Some of them here are saying if a girl should say no the guy should move on BUT most of them will tell you later that the 'NO' they gave you is just to test your commitment ie playing hard to get.

Being the type that talks or toasts a lady ONCE i have being a victim of 'so because i said no you did not ask of me again,that means you are not serious about me' on a number of occasions.

At times i do not blame some guys that are persistant because some of these ladies can be funny.If guys with my kind of mindset only existed wahala for dey because once the lady says no then no time for persuasion.

All girls not only Nigerians play hard to get, you wanna lay a pretty chick and you think she will give you easily.

Besides there is always a signal if she's interested in you or not.

You need feasibility studies for that.

When it's RED you leave her, ORANGE then you GO! hit
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
Only an uncultured lady will do that.
It's childish and unladylike.

It's better to tell a guy off while ensuring you don't bruise his ego.

However, a man that harasses a woman is an animal.

Such people don't deserve to live.
Better to just walk away silently, i still won't advocate insulting him.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bandely(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bigrod1: 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
[size=16pt]NOT ALL GUYS GET D INSULT.JUST IMAGINE IF A 6 FT 2 FINE GUY COMES TO WOO U.U INSULT HIM COS U CARRY WETIN OTHER PPLE NO GET.your PUUUUSY IS COATED WITH GOLD ABI?NEVER BEEN INSULTED B4 IF ONE DAY I GET INSULTED I WILL GRAB THE CHICK ROUGHLY AND TELL HER NEVER TO REPEAT THAT AGAIN.[/size]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by kokoye(m): 5:29pm On Jan 13, 2010
blackcat1:

because naija men can't take NO for an answer
the only answer they accept is serious yabbies
abroad if a woman says thank you but am not interested you respect her answer and leave her alone.

please define 'abroad'.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Decryptor(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
All this talk about being uncultured or being crass or jobless is not the issue. The thing is that our Nigerian Ladies are just too materialistic and the only language they understand is MONEY! MONEY!! MONEY!!!, flashy cars and "MR BIGGS". No matter how cultured you are as a man, if you don't have enough molaa and approach 98% of our ladies, you will regret it. But once  you are driving a Hummer and you are decked with jewelries and a fat wallet (be you a criminal or tout) you are the toast of any modern day naija girl. Period!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Lacuzy: 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
and some annoying ones with no respect will call you from a distance telling you to come saying" Come i want to ask you something", or will send another fool to call you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bawomolo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
last time I heard that, I was like 6. . . . .by a Mallam in Lagos.
Dude was nice though. . . . free agbalumo.

oh boy is that the going price these days grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
I know some girls push it to the limit but its a defensive mechanism, that girls have been using since they hit puberty.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Spader9(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I know some girls push it to the limit but its a defensive mechanism, that girls have been using since they hit puberty.

Materialistic young ho's.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by londoner: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
@Decryptor, not true of all Nigerian girls, although I agree many IN NIGERIA go to the highest bidder, sorry girls, but its true IMO.

I was in Nigeria and went for my evening stroll, just to think. This guy in a new hummer started talking to me, we had a good convo, but when he offered his number and a date, I politely refused as I have a BF. This went back and forth for a good ten minutes,  then I politely excused myself. I happened to bump into him at the Hilton, I just went for a drink  by the pool.
On my way out, I bumped into the same man, he then tried again, but in front of a lobby full of people. I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. When I was saying bye, this man grabbed my arm and tried to pull me into his lift to go to his suite.  I yanked my arm from him, kissed my teeth at him and walked off.

Why couldn't he take the damn hint? He will then tell his friends I was rude to him, you cant win, lol

Guys, I'm not saying you shouldn't try, but sometimes it gets embarrassing for us girls, when you go on and on in public.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
Decryptor:

All this talk about being uncultured or being crass or jobless is not the issue. The thing is that our Nigerian Ladies are just too materialistic and the only language they understand is MONEY! MONEY!! MONEY!!!, flashy cars and "MR BIGGS". No matter how cultured you are as a man, if you don't have enough molaa and approach 98% of our ladies, you will regret it. But once  you are driving a Hummer and you are decked with jewelries and a fat wallet (be you a criminal or tout) you are the toast of any modern day naija girl. Period!!!

Sad truth though. But poor men do get married in Naija or don't they? tongue

londoner:

@Decryptor, not true of all Nigerian girls, although I agree many IN NIGERIA go to the highest bidder, sorry girls, but its true IMO.

I was in Nigeria and went for my evening stroll, just to think. This guy in a new hummer started talking to me, we had a good convo, but when he offered his number and a date, I politely refused as I have a BF. This went back and forth for a good ten minutes,  then I politely excused myself. I happened to bump into him at the Hilton, I just went for a drink  by the pool.
On my way out, I bumped into the same man, he then tried again, but in front of a lobby full of people. I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. When I was saying bye, this man grabbed my arm and tried to pull me into his lift to go to his suite.  I yanked my arm from him, kissed my teeth at him and walked off.
Why couldn't he take the damn hint? He will then tell his friends I was rude to him, you cant win, lol

Guys, I'm not saying you shouldn't try, but sometimes it gets embarrassing for us girls, when you go on and on in public.

Keep the testimonies coming.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
Pharoh:

Hmm no comment for now.

Say something. You know there are some element of truth in what we say. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? / 10 Reasons You Should Never Date Or Marry A Fat Girl Or Woman / Why Some Men Always Prefer Helping Women Instead Of Their Fellow Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.