Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? (17446 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by bkbaybe99: 3:52am On Jan 12, 2010
And they Beg for money with the same mouth they be using to spew they venom!!!!! Why they be begging so much?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 12, 2010
0hsisi:

Sefago, take a poll here
You don't need to be insulting,I grew up in naija
I experienced it and so did my friends and we talk about it now as adults and shudder at a country that doesn't protect it's young girls.
There are little girls hawking bananas that get fingered by these pervs and nobody says anything.
Men can grab and grope a girl and nothing will happen
Such a charge will ruin a man here but it means nothing in Naija

I don't know if that Yaba or Tejuosho market is still open in Lagos. You can't pass there without these men groping you. There was one day I shouted at a man because he just grabbed my hand. One mumu had the guts to tell me I should take it easy that they can just rape you here, that I should just quietly go.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 3:59am On Jan 12, 2010
Sefago, take a poll here
I experienced it and so did my friends and we talk about it now as adults and shudder at a country that doesn't protect it's young girls.
There are little girls hawking bananas that get fingered by these pervs and nobody says anything.

These are the ones I feel sorry for. I however, feel unsorry for the ones walking around and getting molested. If you need to go anywhere- do so with someone older or with a trusted male family member. My younger sister is 14 and my mum would not let her go anywhere without me or my brother. Yes, my younger sister has gotten harassed by mallams/houseboys (which me and my brother have summarily beaten together grin), but  usually this happens when she is left to roam around by herself.

I agree. But this isn't exclusive to naija men, but a lot of the third world. So blame the lack of a law in place to punish these molesters. Like every bad thing in Nigeria it all boils down to the politicians.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by oyinda3(f): 3:59am On Jan 12, 2010
0hsisi:

Sefago, take a poll here

that reminds me of my pry school yrs. there was this big commotion in the neighboring house n apparently, this "omo odo" or househelp had called the meat seller to buy some meat from him and he apparently dragged her into the house and raped her. she had marks all over her thighs from the struggle. it was horrible man. upon all the police didn't do nada they let the rapist go and beat the girl because she was being too hysteric. then i didn't think anything of it 'cause i was young n that was the only system i knew. but it's soo messed up now that i think back.

those street hawkers n "omo odos" are the worst victims i must say.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:00am On Jan 12, 2010
I don't know if that [b]Yaba or Tejuosho [/b]market is still open in Lagos. You can't pass there without these men groping you. There was one day I shouted at a man because he just grabbed my hand. One mumu had the guts to tell me I should take it easy that they can just despoil you here, that I should just quietly go.

LOL, Yaba market is wicked man. Used to buy my video games there when I was a young laddy. 250 naira a pop.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:01am On Jan 12, 2010
awwww, all of you and your stories about how you grew up in naija, so cute.  smiley

@ sefago
i dont think anyone is blaming it on naija men in particular but this is what the discussion is about and most people here are speaking from experience, so. . .

oyinda.:

t she had marks all over her thighs from the struggle. it was horrible man. upon all the police didn't do nada they let the rapist go and beat the girl because she was being too hysteric. t
WOW, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. beating the girl for what?!?!?! is it her fault? they should have beaten the man!! i dont blame her for being hysteric. gosh, what a world.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 12, 2010
oyinda.:

that reminds me of my pry school yrs. there was this big commotion in the neighboring house n apparently, this "omo odo" or househelp had called the meat seller to buy some meat from him and he apparently dragged her into the house and despoiled her. she had marks all over her thighs from the struggle. it was horrible man. upon all the police didn't do nada they let the rapist go and beat the girl because she was being too hysteric. then i didn't think anything of it 'cause i was young n that was the only system i knew. but it's soo messed up now that i think back.

those street hawkers n "omo odos" are the worst victims i must say.

They really are. Did my research on them this summer. . . .  they're the most vulnerable to HIV/Aids too undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:05am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Really? I knew it won't take that long before someone said this. If you run errands for your parents, go to the market or run to the store to get something in Nigeria, there's always a man lurking around to chat you up. He probably must have been monitoring your movements. Only a girl who is chauffeured or have housemaids that is exempt from their leering.

I remember a scenario where a street nearly closed down because two beautiful girls were passing. undecided undecided Most Naija men no care whether you be beyonce or Sikira, he will pursue you till he dies.

This is so untrue.
Naija men are not animals.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:08am On Jan 12, 2010
WOW, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. beating the girl for what?!?!?! is it her fault? they should have beaten the man!! i dont blame her for being hysteric. gosh, what a world.

Its a man's world in Nigeria deal with it. But Yeah, I guess, I was never molested so I can't empathize anyways.

But the thread is about girls refusing this poor guy from getting their numbers and then insulting him after that. How did child molestation come into play?

This is so untrue.

Tell me about it. These gals have some warped sense that makes them exaggerate all their experiences.

What can one do? Born with  them, you have to live with them.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its a man's world in Nigeria deal with it. But Yeah, I guess, I was never molested so I can't empathize anyways.

But the thread is about girls refusing this poor guy from getting their numbers and then insulting him after that.

Tell me about it. These gals have some warped sense that makes them exaggerate all their experiences.

What can one do? Born with them, you have to live with them.

What is your problem. . . . ever so eager to go on a "Nigerian Man vs. Nigerian Girl" battle undecided

Sigh. . . . NL is really getting boring
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

This is so untrue.

Never said they were. But it's pathetic if you can't walk freely on the streets. undecided

SEFAGO:

But the thread is about girls refusing this poor guy from getting their numbers and then insulting him after that. How did child molestation come into play?

What can one do? Born with  them, you have to live with them. 

Really?? Exaggeration, ok.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:12am On Jan 12, 2010
FL Gators:

What is your problem. . . .  ever so eager to go on a "Nigerian Man vs. Nigerian Girl" battle undecided

tell me about it, I'm out.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 4:12am On Jan 12, 2010
wow shocked 12 repleis while you were posting
0hsisi:

Not at all
The so called higher class ones are even crazier
Many of you folks are too aggressive and can't handle rejection
a girl saying No is like a dent on your manhoods

Yes, rejection is hard to swallow and all you said is true, but
far too many of these girls are quite frankly too quick to insult and they lack home training.
Imagine a boy saying "ha ngozi you are a fine girl o" to which ngozi replies with an "are you mad?"
Such crass blows are responsible for fueling men's agression.

we see it on this forum all the time
they YIM and YAM and the girl say im no want or sees the psycho in them and tears race
before we know it,the eediot comes on as different handles and starts harassing the girl or spewing things she told him in confidence
LOL  cheesy There is a duality! The girls do this too.
From what I see splattered all over nairaland, the reverse is more rampant.
How many times have the likes of whitelexi been defamed and harassed by girls who have failed in trying to monopolize him.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 12, 2010
H2O2:

wow shocked 12 repleis while you were posting
far too many of these girls are quite frankly too quick to insult and they lack home training.
[b]Imagine a boy saying "ha ngozi you are a fine girl o" to which ngozi replies with an "are you mad?"
[/b]Such crass blows are responsible for fueling men's agression.
LOL  cheesy There is a duality! The girls do this too.
From what I see splattered all over nairaland, the reverse is more rampant.
How many times have the likes of whitelexi been defamed and harassed by girls who have failed in trying to monopolize him.

Not that I'm encouraging rude behaviour, is this Ngozi your friend? Does she know you from Adam? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:16am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Never said they were. But it's pathetic if you can't walk freely on the streets. undecided

Men get harassed too on the streets of Lagos.
U don't want me to share ma experience. . . . .Lagos girls are worse.

Were you not here when someone said Lagos chics now harass Naija men becos of pop-corn @ Silverbird?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:16am On Jan 12, 2010
What is your problem. . . .  ever so eager to go on a "Nigerian Man vs. Nigerian Girl" battle

Do you want me to stop? I will do anything for you. kiss kiss kiss

But seriously you know these type of thread leads to 8-9 pages, of course I like to play advocate. Moreover, I actually agree with you guys 100%, that girls get molested a lot- but then that isnt the topic of this thread.

But your posts never get boring to me.

@theAmaka
tell me about it, I'm out.

And she out for like 1,2,3,4,5 seconds wow then she is back again. Ha
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 4:17am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Really? I knew it won't take that long before someone said this. If you run errands for your parents, go to the market or run to the store to get something in Nigeria, there's always a man lurking around to chat you up. He probably must have been monitoring your movements. Only a girl who is chauffeured or have housemaids that is exempt from their leering.

I remember a scenario where a street nearly closed down because two beautiful girls were passing. undecided undecided Most Naija men no care whether you be beyonce or Sikira, he will pursue you till he dies.
Except, the majority of these girls are not beyonces - they are slum monkeys.
A hoodrat expecting a yahooze boy to court her like a CEO is simply way over her head and living fantasies she's seen on TV.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 4:18am On Jan 12, 2010
LOL @ People tryna defend this obvious inherent behavior.

It's not even about the "toasting" or what not. Of course, it's very easy to ignore and keep walking if it were just words. But they just can't keep their hands to themselves. Grabbing and what not, like seriously get a life.  
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:19am On Jan 12, 2010
Not that I'm encouraging rude behaviour, is this Ngozi your friend? Does she know you from Adam?

But that's the point of toasting, talking to a girl you have never met b4. Like everyone does it. Don't you eye guys a lot youurself? So what makes your style more moral than ours? Because you don't have the same impulses that boys have, doesn't mean you have to act so ethically yourself.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Men get harassed too on the streets of Lagos.
U don't want me to share ma experience. . . . .Lagos girls are worse.

Were you not here when someone said Lagos chics now harass Naija men becos of pop-corn @ Silverbird?

You want to compare "uncle buy me popcorn" to being groped and dragged like a puppet? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:21am On Jan 12, 2010
H2O2:

wow  shocked 12 repleis while you were posting
Imagine a boy saying "ha ngozi you are a fine girl o" to which ngozi replies with an "are you mad?"

Such crass blows are responsible for fueling men's agression.

Crass mentality and this is so prevalent with Naija chics.

U can easily tell many of them lack home training!!!
What has being mad gotta do with Ngozi, you are a fine girl.
The normal answer should be THANK YOU but trust those Mgbekes to front.

stillwater:

You want to compare "uncle buy me popcorn" to being groped and dragged like a puppet? undecided

Get some perspective, Ify.

If you are talking about Yaba/Tejuosho. . . . . . .Those boys grab men too.
It's their own way of advertising their wares. They don't grab women ONLY. They will grab an animal if possible.
Na Lagos mentality.

Women grope men in Lagos.
I have witnessed a babe groping a man's nether region in broad day light in Victoria Island.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Princek12(m): 4:25am On Jan 12, 2010
I still don't get it. If you are a girl and a guy approaches you respectfully, why don't you just reciprocate the respect by turning him down respectfully, if you are not interested in the guy. If, on the the hand, the guy approaches you disrespectfully, then you may rain insults on him. But I don't see any sensible reason that underlies the blanket approach of raining verbal insults on a guy you don't like who approaches you, when that guy approaches you respectfully. It is plain immature and an excuse to boost one's self esteem at the expense of another.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Do you want me to stop? I will do anything for you. kiss kiss kiss

But seriously you know these type of thread leads to 8-9 pages, of course I like to play advocate. Moreover, I actually agree with you guys 100%, that girls get molested a lot- but then that isnt the topic of this thread.

But your posts never get boring to me.

Not trying to be holy or what not. . . .  but can we actually discuss logically on NL without pointing the blaming finger.

The topic is targeted at Nigerian women being rude to their potential toasters. .  . . and the women are telling stories to explain the possible reasons why some Nigerian women verbally assault their admirers.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bashing Nigerian men. . . .we wouldnt mind if you tell your own stories. But blaming these women and nigerian women because of those audacious acts is very ridiculous.

Can we for once just attack the target instead walking around the circle.

Anywayz. . . . before they call me mama holy again, let me hush. I'm just saying, pointing fingers is becoming the new thing on NL. No intellectual discussion undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 4:26am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Not that I'm encouraging rude behaviour, is this Ngozi your friend? Does she know you from Adam? undecided
grin  grin That's toasting.  Men in situations like these act on impulse like SEFAGO mentioned.  We can't possibly limit ourselves to girls we know.
Is Ngozi too much of a bushgirl to be cognisant or receptive of compliments?

~Sauron~:

Yeah, that's the perfect word for it. They put up a front.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

But that's the point of toasting, talking to a girl you have never met b4. Like everyone does it. Don't you eye guys a lot youurself? So what makes your style more moral than ours? Because you don't have the same impulses that boys have, doesn't mean you have to act so ethically yourself.

I'm telling you my experiences and you're saying I'm acting ethical. undecided See the time I go out for errands is the only time I find myself outside on my own because my parents locked us up in the house, obviously for good reasons. It's not as if I want to be walking up and down looking for a 'guy' I want to curse. And no I don't eye guys a lot. They don't call me a snob for nothing. tongue Anyways, the location matters when you want to toast a girl. I'd rather you come as a friend first.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Princek12(m): 4:30am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

I'm telling you my experiences and you're saying I'm acting ethical. undecided See the time I go out for errands is the only time I find myself outside on my own because my parents locked us up in the house, obviously for good reasons. It's not as if I want to be walking up and down looking for a 'guy' I want to curse. And no I don't eye guys a lot. They don't call me a snob for nothing. tongue Anyways, the location matters when you want to toast a girl. I'd rather you come as a friend first.

How can you come as a friend if that guy is meeting you for the first time, say at the supermarket?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Get some perspective, Ify.

If you are talking about Yaba/Tejuosho. . . . . . .Those boys grab men too.
It's their own way of advertising their wares. They don't grab women ONLY. They will grab an animal if possible.
Na Lagos mentality.

Women grope men in Lagos.
I have witnessed a babe groping a man's nether region in broad day light in Victoria Island.

The man is her boyfriend!!! cheesy cheesy
So these tejuosho men say "come to me sweetie pie" to you too? shocked
Have you been hugged by them before?
Have they tried to make you sit on their thighs? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

How can you come as a friend if that guy is meeting you for the first time, say at the supermarket?

Sorry, I don't do supermarket love. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:35am On Jan 12, 2010

Sorry, I don't do supermarket love.

Shakara, when you clock 30-40 you will start supermarket love. Time is no respecter of anyone.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:35am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

The man is her boyfriend!!! cheesy cheesy

Nope. . . . .The dude(a friend of mine) does not know the chic from Adam.
Chic was just trying to hustle.

So these tejuosho men say "come to me sweetie pie" to you too? shocked

They might not utter such but they grab men by their wrists and persuade em to buy whatever they sell.

Have you been hugged by them before?

Igbo boys ain't GAY.
The main objective is the money.

Have they tried to make you sit on their thighs? undecided

Hehehehehe.
They musta fancied your cute bum. grin cheesy

[/quote][quote author=Princek12 link=topic=379793.msg5296857#msg5296857 date=1263267057]

This is where the white elephant lies come into PLAY.

"Hi, i think i know you somewhere, Ain't you beyonce's cousin?" grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Princek12(m): 4:36am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Sorry, I don't do supermarket love. lipsrsealed grin
So what kind of love do you do? The one your home girl hooks you up with? So where do you meet people? What is wrong with meeting someone at a supermarket? Na waa for some people's mentality.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:37am On Jan 12, 2010
Except, the large majority of these girls are not beyonces - they are slum monkeys.
A hoodrat expecting a yahooze boy to court her like a CEO is simply way over her head and living fantasies she's seen on TV.

I added a qualifier for you mate. There you go.

LOL @ People tryna defend this obvious inherent [/b]behavior.

It's not even about the "toasting" or what not. Of course, it's very easy to ignore and keep walking if it were just words. [b]But they just can't keep their hands to themselves.
Grabbing and what not, like seriously get a life.

Its called Grab & Go.

Back to topic
For those of us who attended secondaries school in lagos and know the he.ll naija girls put us through can understand the OP feeling. Man you say Hi to a girl, she frowns at you, then she measures you up. If you are not rich enough to buy her MTN/GLO recharge card or you don't have the latest phones she will not talk to you. Infact, I used to wonder how these girls expected a secondary school kid between the age of 15-18 to be able to buy recharge card for them. Then if you were a poor boy like me, and you try and talk to these girls they would abuse you for no reason. Or they would just ignore you.

And most of them were poor girls too. How can a poor girl  be a snob? shocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? / 10 Reasons You Should Never Date Or Marry A Fat Girl Or Woman / Why Some Men Always Prefer Helping Women Instead Of Their Fellow Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.