Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (40999 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by shaybebaby(f): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Mum Knight. wink You look simply amazing in that pic. Wow
Is this you masquerading grin?
Thank you. kiss
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2017
shaybebaby:

Honey boo, I'm amazed you are only 19. You are wonderful, clever and possess a sound mind. I have hope for the next generation of our women.

I have been giving you likes throughout the thread. But sadly your points are being missed. Most confuse WANT with NEED and cannot differenciate between the two.

Also I think the term feminist has people on the defensive already that their minds are made up even before reading further. But do not be discouraged. Lots of us here who stand with you. kiss

Cc: Cococandy, Mindfulness. Meet this brilliant young lass.

I give up. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2017
shaybebaby:

Is this you masquerading grin?
Thank you. kiss

Missed you. Did you go globetrotting? It's me dear. Nice physique. I should have met you before your hubby cheesy. It's me, peck the knight for me. wink

I quit appreciate the feminism move now, okay, i'm in support. Women liberation and better treatment all the way
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by shaybebaby(f): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Missed you. Did you go globetrotting? It's me dear. Nice physique. I should have met you before your hubby cheesy. It's me, peck the knight for me. wink

I quit appreciate the feminism move now, okay, i'm in support. Women liberation and better treatment all the way

Hahahahah, you flatter me this early morning. But thank you.
Not been globetrotting o, just sorting out stuff, house, next steps in life.. All the boring but necessary stuff.

Spot on about the feminism wave. A measure of a good society is how they treat the weak. Lots of folk say women are the weaker sex(not that I believe that, different is not the same as less able) but surely that should translate to empowering us.

It's very much a psychological emancipation as well as creating opportunities for us to flourish.

Where have you been hiding? Missed you too.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 02, 2017
shaybebaby:

Hahahahah, you flatter me this early morning. But thank you.
Not been globetrotting o, just sorting out stuff, house, next steps in life.. All the boring but necessary stuff.

Spot on about the feminism wave. A measure of a good society is how they treat the weak. Lots of folk say women are the weaker sex(not that I believe that, different is not the same as less able) but surely that should translate to empowering us.

It's very much a psychological emancipation as well as creating opportunities for us to flourish.

Where have you been hiding? Missed you too.

Been researching. The economic stuffs i told you about. Think it's time to test the waters on a low key. So been digging, reading, time to hit the rural areas, the time is now baby.

Fantastic physique, i like, nope, i adore muscular ladies, there's something about seeing muscles on females that turns me on. wink

Psychological emancipation is cool for females, but the society needs to balance things, that's all. If the call for feminism implies better female treatment and creating opportunities for growth and emancipation of the females in the society, i think it's only sane to back such a move. Every man that intends to have children will have daughters some day, so consequently, there are secondary advantages that the society benefits from.

We just hope it doesn't cause a rampant increase in divorce, cause it would need some time to make adjustments and work with the flow. Anyways, i believe you feminists are clamoring for the king and queen model in relationships. If this is the template, then it's fine.

Codependency is also amazing too within the confines of such relationships. I think we have our minds wrapped with terminologies and here lies the problem. If folks sit down and discuss, then understanding of navigating the path ahead becomes easier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Augustap(f): 10:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Chai! So this is how this one wants to end up on nl? By the time you're stroked left, right, center, you'll forget how to spell feminism. You better go and rest with ur peace of mind intact grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

LMAO I was a feminist even during my relationship and will continue to be one through future relationships. It changes nothing
Btw "holding a man down" is not an achievement, especially with a man that doesn't want to be held down.
Tbh so far, it seems to me that the general dislike for feminism is a bandwagon mentality. Most people don't even really understand feminism, they just hate it for no good reason
I have no problem with being a feminist, I only have problem with your type who completely have no idea what feminism entails.

The real feminists, the ones who knows feminism ideology are seen all around the world with men as their backbone. Check out Wendy William, Michelle Obama, Chimamanda and even your Beyoncé.

Keep going like this and you'll end up like sister Amaka

8 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Danhumprey: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
But sorry, how many independent women do we have in Nigeria? Few, to be honest.
Most of them are busy opening legs and counting cash. Yet, they claim to be feminists. How then do you expect men to take feminist serious if the sisters are like this?

Women are their own problem. smiley
"their"? shocked
or you mean to say "our"?

abi, are you not a woman?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by shaybebaby(f): 10:42am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Been researching. The economic stuffs i told you about. Think it's time to test the waters on a low key. So been digging, reading, time to hit the rural areas, the time is now baby.

Fantastic physique, i like, nope, i adore muscular ladies, there's something about seeing muscles on females that turns me on. wink

Psychological emancipation is cool for females, but the society needs to balance things, that's all. If the call for feminism implies better female treatment and creating opportunities for growth and emancipation of the females in the society, i think it's only sane to back such a move. Every man that intends to have children will have daughters some day, so consequently, there are secondary advantages that the society benefits from.

We just hope it doesn't cause a rampant increase in divorce, cause it would need some time to make adjustments and work with the flow. Anyways, i believe you feminists are clamoring for the king and queen model in relationships. If this is the template, then it's fine.

Codependency is also amazing too within the confines of such relationships. I think we have our minds wrapped with terminologies and here lies the problem. If folks sit down and discuss, then understanding of navigating the path ahead becomes easier.

Ooo, you going to have to share. Bellez moi over the weekend. cheesy will have time to chat properly then.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2017
shaybebaby:

Ooo, you going to have to share. Bellez moi over the weekend. cheesy will have time to chat properly then.

Oi wink

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2017
shaybebaby:

Only needy, co-dependent, low self-esteemed people find the need for loving oneself irrelevant.

How can you be worthy of the love of another if you don't love yourself. If you feel you are not worth it, then you are not.
It's not my fault if you don't understand my post.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Danhumprey: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

LMAO I was a feminist even during my relationship and will continue to be one through future relationships. It changes nothing
Btw "holding a man down" is not an achievement, especially with a man that doesn't want to be held down.
Tbh so far, it seems to me that the general dislike for feminism is a bandwagon mentality. [b]Most people don't even really understand feminism, they just hate it for no good reason[/b[
there's nothing to understand about feminism. just a clogged-up and confused ideology. especially the Nigerian version of feminism.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by shaybebaby(f): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
It's not my fault if you don't understand my post.
Nah, I think the lack of understanding of what self love means in is on you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have made that statement.
Trustyshoes is bang on the money.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Danhumprey: 10:49am On Nov 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 10:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
So, you mean if one man lazies around and one works hard for his dough, they should have an equal level of respect? Shuo. sad

I like this your analogy.
Using this analogy...you mean one woman works hard for her dough, and a man lazies around...the man deserves more, not even equal respect...because he has prick?

Na question I dey ask o.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Using this analogy...you mean one woman works hard for her dough, and a man lazies around...the man deserves more, not even equal respect...because he has prick?

Na question I dey ask o.

Every man that doesn't provide for his home is worse than an infidel, a scum. Ladies need to have ambition and not settle for these kinds. They wake up, dress up and head for the news paper stands, some hang around neighborhood different from their homes, come back at night under the disguise of going to work, and they return to eat, have sex, and beat up the woman and her relatives( when they stay with them). Up to you ladies. Choose carefully.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Every man that doesn't provide for his home is worse than an infidel, a scum. Ladies need to have ambition and not settle for these kinds. They wake up, dress up and head for the news paper stands, some hang around neighborhood different from their homes, come back at night under the disguise of going to work, and they return to eat, have sex, and beat up the woman and her relatives( when they stay with them). Up to you ladies. Choose carefully.

I'm not talking of in a home. I mean generally, because I am assuming guys who think they are superior to women, don't limit it to their wives.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Na question I dey ask o.
I didn't say anything like that.

I only answered her question about all men being equal.
As a woman, I am not going to respect a man who lazies around just because he is a man.

Truth be told tho, how many women work hard for their dough? Few, if you think about it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:

As a woman, I am not going to respect a man who lazies around just because he is a man.

Truth be told tho, how many women work hard for their dough? Few, if you think about it.

Alright on the first paragraph.
Where do you live? I'm tempted to ask...

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Danhumprey: 10:56am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

Milk him? Smh
This single statement tells me I'm wasting my time with you.
You couldn't sense that Picohantas was being sarcastic? SMH.

where did you left your sense of sarcasm?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

I'm not talking of in a home. I mean generally, because I am assuming guys who think they are superior to women, don't limit it to their wives.

That's strange. It begins when we measure ourselves against other people. For example, as a man, a woman should not be more successful. It's a state of inferiority. When guys have issues with their egos, it has different ways it manifests.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:

True @ how many women work hard for their dough? Few, if you think about it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by shinarlaura(f): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Danhumprey:
You couldn't sense that Picohantas was being sarcastic? SMH.

where did you left your sense of sarcasm?

Lol..i was just laughing all along.. she didn't see that
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

This sounds spooky. who think they are superior to women Superiority is the aftermath of unhealthy self-appreciation. I've never met a sane guy that feels masculinity is the sole basis of superiority over a woman, men have their positions to fill in the society, so do women. If however, a woman competes and beats a guy at it, then this shouldn't be a problem.

The productivity index simply awards the winner with the trophy and does not reward performance based on gender concerns. Or else, you mean something else, it shouldn't be a problem if a woman has very strong personality and puts it to use, whether in career, work, life or any other endeavor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

True @ how many women work hard for their dough? Few, if you think about it.

Do you have any statistics?

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

Do you have any statistics?

Societal view sir. I didn't declare my opinion as an absolute
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Societal view sir. I didn't declare my opinion as an absolute

Thought so.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by walepackage(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2017
@trustyshoes,ur idea of "feminism" isint bad,but your logical reason has some "radical inclination" in it which is my fear.Marx,was the one who champion a "classles or egalitarian" society which we all know that it was "utopian".A lady mention nature in her point,but i will buttres my point from the angle of "social".Man is a product of society which makes it dificult to cutoff completely from it.There are "social facts" which are "internalize" into the subconscious of man and one way or the other it reflects in our thinking,perception,attitude and behaviour.Having said that,self love only without complementing with humanity only breeds an "egoistic personality" and that those not fulfill the true essence of man.Read more on "functionalism".The true fulfillment of man those not only stems from innate,but also from your interaction with other elements of the social world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by snakebeat: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Rubbiish:

U see your life...So posting rubbishh on NL is the meaningful thing u do with your time?
Does the image below not contradict the bold statement?
Why are u in a relationship at all?
So because your relationship is shaking, u want other ladies to be like u?
Who are u deceiving?
U don't need to depend on another human being?
Guess u fell from the sky & took care of yourself till now?

It is time i tell u what u are.... U BE AGRIC FOWL...
Hmmm
Hypocrites everywhere
Don't be surprise someone bought the phone she is even using to post all these for her

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Safiaa(f): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
I honestly wish feminism can be seen more for what it is. It's honestly not represented well by the majority and that's where the problem lies. It's seen more as a fight for dominance and the battle of the sexes, and its very indirect even looking at these comments. Thats the opposite of what feminism is about. I'm personally not a feminist but I respect the movement. It's just poorly executed and misunderstood. Not represented well at all.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Alright on the first paragraph.
Where do you live? I'm tempted to ask...
LOL. Why do you ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dumps Girlfriend Who Tattooed His Face On Her Arm / 10 Reasons Why I Don't Indulge In Indiscriminate Sex. / My Girlfriend Is A Cultist. Advice Needed Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.