Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41235 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by kozmicity: 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Would it be nice if I wished you to get married with an inanimate thing?

As long as it's Samantha the sex doll...i might manage...

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by kozmicity: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
DeadRat:
that Would Be When She Is Ready

*whispers*I think she is...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
kozmicity:

As long as it's Samantha the sex doll...i might manage...
Amen to your wish then.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
kozmicity:

*whispers*I think she is...
let Her Tell Me Herself... cool

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

I have said it plenty times, I love feminism...its genuine cause. When I come on NL, I see them reduce it to brain draining arguments, I have seen some feminist educate them over and over, but their minds are made up. No need stressing oneself anymore, just play along with them...sarcasm it is. grin

Once you don't agree with an average NL guy, you're a feminist. That's so dumb!! angry angry

Don't you think you're intentionally trying to create undue conflict? You wanna jam our heads, then say women hate themselves ba? She gave an ideology I like, I simply rephrased it to get her view.

I would say "women hate themselves?" Lol

Because of a misunderstanding between two women on Nairaland? Lol... Come on!

When I hear you say "Agree with an average Nairaland guy", I guess it is strictly on romance issues right?

All the same, Lola doesn't share your view on feminism, and I see how you wana sucker her in...

Bekiaful... No spoil that girl mind. Lol.

Feminism is beautiful, but I think the location where the championing is taking place is wrong.

If all ye Feminist can go to places like Saudi Arabia, India, UAE, Oman, North Korea and all to champion this cause, I would love it.

Leave Nigeria alone and other Yankee countries alone. Women are already doing fine (Solo)

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by kozmicity: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Amen to your wish then.

Ah Kant beliv it!!!
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I would say "women hate themselves?" Lol

Because of a misunderstanding between two women on Nairaland? Lol... Come on!
When I hear you say "Agree with an average Nairaland guy", I guess it is strictly on romance issues right?
All the same, Lola doesn't share your view on feminism, and I see how you wana sucker her in...
Bekiaful... No spoil that girl mind. Lol.
Feminism is beautiful, but I think the location where the championing is taking place is wrong.
If all ye Feminist can go to places like Saudi Arabia, India, UAE, Oman, North Korea and all to champion this cause, I would love it.
Leave Nigeria alone and other Yankee countries alone. Women are already doing fine (Solo)

Only in your head is that happening. If a person is not supporting violence or any crime...I have no issues with such a person.

I've told all these guys ranting, if you don't want a feminist, marry the type of woman you want...but thinking every woman will behave same way, is totally impossible. And this has nothing to do with feminism, humans are diverse.

Leave your life and allow them do their thing.
Why you guys so obsessed with them? grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Only in your head is that happening. If a person is not supporting violence or any crime...I have no issues with such a person.

I've told all these guys ranting, if you don't want a feminist, marry the type of woman you want...but thinking every woman will behave same way, is totally impossible. And this has nothing to do with feminism, humans are diverse.

Then leave your life and allow them do their thing.

Obsessed with Feminist? How? I have met CEO's (women) who argue out their point to the core. The say what they want and everyone buys the idea.

I have seen tough stance women and all, and I didn't even know the idea of feminism was invoke.

When there is an issue on ground that needs to be debated, anyone with greater facts wins - regardless of gender.

So the issue now is ... "Who are really Feminist?"

If it is people who are championing for equal rights for both men and women, then it can't work...

Because the world itself isn't even equal.

Just like the Biafra struggle, it will continue to be a Mirage. I love em feminists, but I can't envision that kinda world in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Obsessed with Feminist? How? I have met CEO's (women) who argue out their point to the core. The say what they want and everyone buys the idea.

I have seen tough stance women and all, and I didn't even know the idea of feminism was invoke.

When there is an issue on ground that needs to be debated, anyone with greater facts wins - regardless of gender.

If it is people who are championing for equal rights for both men and women, then it can't work...

Just like the Biafra struggle, it will continue to be a Mirage. I love em feminists, but I can't envision that kinda world in the nearest future.

Did you just say the Biafra struggle won't come to light?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Ahbeg, life shouldn't be too difficult. Respect people's views and move on. Some men don't see women as being inferior, these set of women and men should seek out themselves, marry and do whatever they want to do...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by tessygirl(f): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Leave your life and allow them do their thing.

Do you know this Bush you are chatting with was a guy I personally toasted (I am exposing myself now), but he felt I was a feminist and backed out because we were hardly agreeing on things. I am saying this because he is gonna quote me and say I am lying. All the same, I am hard on my stance. Feminism or not, I know that I won't take Shiit from anybody.

Cc Biafranbushboy.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
DeadRat:
when You Talk Of Equality. In What Areas Do You Want Equality
So before I talk about what areas I would like to see equality, I want to reiterate that I'm not only concerned about females but i'm concerned about males too.
The most important area i would like to see more equality is in the way people view/perceive gender. So this includes individuals and the society as a whole. For example, the society in general needs to stop seeing women as being incomplete without men. This is a real issue because it creates women such as some that have commented on this thread who think that it is a man's duty to take care of their needs. It creates women in society who have low self esteem and feel incomplete without a man. these women won't work hard to be independent because they expect their future husbands /boyfriends to take care of their needs which in turn is incredibly unfair to men. Men in are put under immense pressure to be financially stable from the get go, in order to support the women in their lives and give this emotional stability because if they don't, the women and the society at large view them as lazy, incompetent broke men who are not worth the time of day. This then creates men who believe that they have the right to control women because society has taught them that without men women are nothing. They believe that women are underneath them, so they have the right to treat them however they see fit (afterall the men pay the bills right?)
Women with such a dependent mentality will feel the need to remain in abusive relationships either because they're scared of what society will say or because they really don't know how to live a happy life without a man.
If people are able to stop thinking this way, women will have the motivation to work hard, to love themselves , to stop doing harmful things like bleaching (because they heard men like light skin better) etc. they would learn to love themselves and know when its time to quit a relationship, not jump into marriage because they just want to be Mrs somebody. Men will also realise that women indeed do not NEED men to survive so will get off that high horse they've been placed on and have respect for women. mutual respect between both genders is key!!

so much more to say but i believe that change begins with individuals (as individuals make up the society) so this is the most important place to start with achieving gender equality. If you're able to change the mentality of people, many other things will fall in place easily

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Do you know this Bush you are chatting with was a guy I personally toasted (I am exposing myself now), but he felt I was a feminist and backed out because we were hardly agreeing on things. I am saying this because he is gonna quote me and say I am lying. All the same, I am hard on my stance. Feminism or not, I know that I won't take Shiit from anybody.

Cc Biafranbushboy.

LMAO. It happens bae, we make mistakes, then come back to realize how things should have been done correctly, perhaps he didn't embrace the feminism theology at that time. You know, it takes time to embrace new ideologies. I think you're ruining his chances of ending up with a new bae here. tongue
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Ahbeg, life shouldn't be too difficult. Respect people's views and move on. Some men don't see women as being inferior, these set of women and men should seek out themselves, marry and do whatever they want to do...

I am not talking from a personal point of view. I only mean that the argument would linger till God knows when...

As for me, anything goes... Life is too short. Feminist or not, as long as we are compatible and milestones are set and respected, life moves on.

But from the world perspective... Poco I am sad to tell you this. I don't see a world with men and women on the same level (psychologically)
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Griffon(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
One could still champion for equal rights of the sexes without tagging herself a feminist.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Cc Biafranb.ushboy.

Whether you are doing all these for the fun or to make yourself happy, I think you should stop.

You know you insulted me on a thread on FP, and I kept quiet. Please Tessy, this isn't the right place for discussions like this.

I beg you. Alright? Please.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

Did you just say the Biafra struggle won't come to light?

Lol... You wana hear the truth? Chances are so so so low!!

Lol... Forget the moniker mehn, I don't see it happening.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by tessygirl(f): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

LMAO. It happens bae, we make mistakes, then come back to realize how things should have been done correctly, perhaps he didn't embrace the feminism theology at that time. You know, it takes time to embrace new ideologies. I think you're ruining his chances of ending up with a new bae here. tongue

Bush is very weak. Sure he is doing fine, but he needs to charge his orientation. I know I was calling the shots, but him bringing up excuses to leave is something that is way out of it. Was he sacred or what? He never talked about me being a feminist, but I knew That was what got him scared. Stupid boy.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FvckShiT(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Cc Biafranbushboy.

Fuçkin kidding me? gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by tessygirl(f): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Whether you are doing all these for the fun or to make yourself happy, I think you should stop.

You know you insulted me on a thread on FP, and I kept quiet. Please Tessy, this isn't the right place for discussions like this.

I beg you. Alright? Please.

Shut up and come back. That is all. Is it difficult? Shut up again! I haven't started yet, you will deactivate from this forum. You don't know me yet.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
snakebeat:

Hmmm
Hypocrites everywhere
Don't be surprise someone bought the phone she is even using to post all these for her
yes my dad bought it for me! any problem? whats the correlation?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by tessygirl(f): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
FvckShiT:

Fuçkin kidding me? gringringringrin

Don't mind the boy.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FvckShiT(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Don't mind the boy.

|grin grin grin grin|
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
NightHound:
@OP, You're on point with this, sweetheart. You don't actually have to call yourself a feminist to be a feminist, if you don't want to. Maybe being subtle about labels is even better for the collective struggle. The important thing is that women out there are thinking like you, and that it gets the job done.
thanks dear. yea, i too wonder sometimes if it's the "feminism" label specifically which fuels the hostility.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FvckShiT(m): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Shut up and come back. That is all. Is it difficult? Shut up again! I haven't started yet, you will deactivatefrom this forum. You don't know me yet.

Holy fúcking shît! €a$¥ girl cheesy
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

Shut up and come back. That is all. Is it difficult? Shut up again! I haven't started yet, you will deactivate from this forum. You don't know me yet.

I will just leave you to yaself.

Say whatever you wana say, I don't care...

But at the end, something matters!!
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NightHound(m): 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

What are your worst fears about feminism? What do you think would happen if women and men have equal rights? Can you paint a picture of the evil that would be unleashed?

Because I get the paranoia about women becoming 'unmanageable' in the home. Is that all? But relationships work on mutual respect and consensus. Even in relationships between gay men, they seem to be able to figure out who should lead and who should follow, without socially diminishing the status of one partner and giving the other the birth-right to be the head. And men in frat groups or the work place, also manage to sort out the issue of authority. People are a mixture of factors (temperaments, talents, tendencies) and they should be able to decide how best to maximize their collective potential in relationships. it's a mark of intelligence.

Personally, I like a girl who challenges me. And when I occasionally defer to her judgment, I don't consider it a sign of weakness. The way I see it is: I'm taking advantage of a valuable asset when I submit to a superior argument. I shouldn't spurn reason just because I'm swinging a cock. Women should challenge men. It would make us all better people in the end

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Read in some post that you're 19. Same here! Totally agree with you. I believe there is more misogyny than society presents. Though you may not agree with me on this one, religious is the major cause. Curb religion , Curb misogyny, Progress gender equality, Progress freedom.
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. on the contrary, I agree with you but i believe that it is an internalized problem that is embedded in our culture as well
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
Griffon:
One could still champion for equal rights of the sexes without tagging herself a feminist.
very true
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BiafranBushBoy: 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2017
tessygirl:

I will blackmail you to the extent that you will beg me for mercy. Call it cyber bullying, I no care. You don't have guts again?

Have a nice day Tessy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Lady Embarrasses Man In Public Over N5K Payment In Anambra State. Photos / Ladies How Does It Feel Dating A Shorter Guy? / Ladies, Stop Sending Guys Your Unclad Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.