Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47461 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mabea: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
Chai! See advice. Indeed a carnal man does not understand the things of the spirit.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Amberon: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2018
Girl relax, read my last line. That dude quoted the Bible out of context that's I wrote that, it was a sarcastic response.
Anyone that will ask me to leave my church is not even serit when no be cele cheesy
Shugavee:
i totally disagree with this!!! I feel it’s really stupid telling someone to leave their church not because they want to, but because of you!!! No one should put anyone in such situation! Church is family, ur home. No one will do it if they hv a good n strong relationship with their church!! The only person that will do that is someone that’s has no church persay.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nnemuka(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
is The dates of Christmas that’s pagan but Christmas now represents the birth of Christ n it’s one week before new year . So we all go with it n use it as a medium to celebrate our faith... Catholics r idol worshipers I know it hurts but it’s true. The Bible was not written by Catholics, Catholics is just the first church in existence but not the foundation of the Bible.
The Bible was not written by Catholics but the first church is Catholic... Lol
You need a new head I swear... Lol

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Nnemuka:

Yes you worship man and your pastors. Some of your pastors worship mammon and not God. Explain why every of your preaching is about prosperity, seed sowing and tithes?

Catholic church existed before the so-called new generation churches. The early missionaries were Catholics who brought everything free of charge to us in Africa but what do we have today? You can never find a Protestant church in a poor settlement. They do not go where they can't make money and brain was her indigenes...

My dear we do not worship mammon like you people do, we worship God.
God in images!! Lol I respect my pastor the way u respect ur pope. Catholic Churches still collects tithe right?catholic churches take more than 4 offering per service ( whivh is trash btw) u all worship mammon n idols if u put it this way.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jericco1(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
it'll affect their children obviously
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by doyinbaby(f): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2018
I lost my boyfriend because I couldn't accept the catholic faith.......

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Nnemuka:

The Bible was not written by Catholics but the first church is Catholic... Lol
You need a new head I swear... Lol
u are so dumb!! Read history fool

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zolajpower: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2018
Amberon:
NL is not your forum, even the owner of this form gets mentioned. Get your facts and stop spreading thrash as news. The conflict in Ireland is not religious but political.
Your brain must be paining u........maybe u need to be cursed werey buruku jatijati

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Amberon:
Girl relax, read my last line. That dude quoted the Bible out of context that's I wrote that, it was a sarcastic response.
Anyone that will ask me to leave my church is not even serit when no be cele cheesy
lol I Dey tell you!! Except ct on my conviction.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nnemuka(f): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
u are so dumb!! Read history fool
E painam cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I talk am, the one who worship God is now furious and calls another a f00l...

I knew it when I said you need a new head.. the one you have is saturated with pig blood. grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
oga she's not serious oh, a lady has no church until she's married. let her be, if she truly love you, she will do what is right. if you yield to her request that means she has taken your right and she will continue to take your right in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Kylekent59: 7:39am On Sep 15, 2018
I had commented before on this topic, I just want to finalize.

All those who keep abusing/ saying things that ain't true about catholic church are going to hell.

Beware of what you say, so that when you die what you heard other people saying which you believed won't die with you.

Don't believe catholic worship idol crew/ pastors. The bible is there for you to read and understand. You need not your pastor/ priest to deceive you.

Just attend catholic church tomorrow and see for yourself if they worship idol or God. Then to you if they worship God,when you hear others saying the opposite, you correct them.

With this, you are saving a soul from the wrong impression he /she has.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nnemuka(f): 7:39am On Sep 15, 2018
doyinbaby:
I lost my boyfriend because I couldn't accept the catholic faith.......
Good that both of you went your separate ways. May God bless you with a pastor from your church.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up
Oga You have made no valid points.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rayton(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up
.. Is it the one in lawanson surulere ?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Juliearth(f): 7:43am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

We serve the same God irrespective of the denomination. You won't be a lesser man if you port to her church. I guess this is the sacrifice you have to make for love. All the best bro!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by doyinbaby(f): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2018
Nnemuka:

Good that both of you went your separate ways. May God bless you with a pastor from your church.
amen
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Amberon: 7:45am On Sep 15, 2018
I don't converse with lifeless people.Get lost
zolajpower:

Your brain must be paining u........maybe u need to be cursed werey buruku jatijati
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2018
iambabaG:

Was Jesus not on earth?
Was Mary not in earth?
Did they live in isolation?
Are you telling me they had no friends and acquaintances that could give a vivid discription of what they look like?
This is the ignorance we are talking about!
Didn’t the same God instrust Moses to fashion a bronze serpent for the Isrealites to gaze upon after the snake attack.. Has God changed?
You claim to be Christocentric yet you worship in a church other than the institution he himself handed over to Peter who coincidentally was the 1st Pope.
2000+ years Vs 50+ years.. Seriously??

Whatever you guys carve up in those statues, it certainly wasn't what they looked like.

That is is why God specifically gave you this instruction:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

— Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

But nope! Y'all just don't wanna read the bible for real. You just wanna blindly follow some tradition with an origin you know nothing about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by henrybomb(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Bro I know it is difficult to leave her, but I think she knew all this from the outset?
I have been in the same suitation before I just had to leave the babe, so bro forget love and move on if she doesn't accept
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by spiceadole: 7:48am On Sep 15, 2018
yvelchstores:
see the rubbish u just wrote and u are a woman.

Rubbish knows rubbish.
It's unfortunate you are also woman.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2018
we that only attended any church on new year eve still attach to prayer warrior, nah wah
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
[s][/s] simple question show me any place in the Bible were the apostle pray to Mary
I have to reiterate that beneath the negative and hurtful comments directed towards Catholics and their faith are engendered by ignorance and an attempt to regurgitate highly popular but erroneous notions. I know it is difficult to completely dispel this myth. However, any opportunity to engage in robust and honest discussion that is aim to strengthen our understanding should be encouraged. The earlier we desist from my-church-is-better-than-your attitude, the better for us. If you are conversant with your Bible, you will know the prayer Catholics pray to Mary was gotten from the visit of angel Gabriel. There is no woman honoured by God in the whole world like Mary; that is why a full chapter was devoted to her in the Quran. Someone whom the Bible says all "generation has call blessed" is truly blessed, and deserved to be honoured as Catholics do today. So beloved, if you have not start calling Mary blessed note that you have biblical injunction to do so.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Kimy97(f): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2018
zinnydan:
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw
sense is not.wit u
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 7:52am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
we get 266 pope so watin do 112 popes?

Not from the beginning of the church.

From the day he saw the vision. He saw the next 112 popes. 112 is the last before Rome is judged.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 8stargeneral: 7:54am On Sep 15, 2018
...and u said she love u,can a woman chose church for her husband .
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 123papas(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Go to Church and pick a babe. Nobody is indispensable. You get time ohh

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Jopreshous(f): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2018
You all are getting it wrong, poster, a "church" is supposed to be a congregation of people who come together to serve one purpose, to worship God. the name of the church shouldn't matter because you both have the same faith.

For you it's just the wedding you want tobhave there it's not like you're asking her to change her place of worship.(except you're asking her yo change,then that's another thing)

For her... It's usually the woman's place all the martial rights are carried out. So it should be her place of worship, but it's both your wedding

You both have a say in this, I don't advice breaking up with anyone. reach a compromise.. You can't have 2 pilots... Just a pilot and copilot.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Nnemuka:

E painam cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I talk am, the one who worship God is now furious and calls another a f00l...

I knew it when I said you need a new head.. the one you have is saturated with pig blood. grin
READ HISTORY FOOOOOLLLLL
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by etimocity(m): 8:02am On Sep 15, 2018
do"nt be deceived there is no love in between each other.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jimkramar: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2018
I had this same experience 2 years ago. My relationship was 11 years because we started from our first year in school in 2005. We started as boy friend and girl friend, but close to our final year we started talking of marriage. After NYCS we both got Job in different states. Suing these periods of courtship, she has attended 3 duff. Penticostal church, but I still remained a Catholic and a devoted one. Our marriage was supposed to be in 2016 but she called the relationship off bcus of church issues. We agreed that she will still attend her church while I I attend mine. Which ever the kids preferrs, they can attend. She called the relationship off after attending their workers training. I never said anything. I moved on. I was happy she was the one that called it off, before people will will say I used her for 11 yes and dumped her. I have always prayed that if anything should make us part ways, let it be from her. Fast-forward to this day I'm happily married to my secretary in CYON and I was the president then. And we are blessed with a son. Now I feel pity for my else Bcus she is still single. I wish her heart desires comes through. Bro my advise is this, even if you follow her to her church, you may not find happiness. Then what's the point? Marriage is all about understanding. If she truly loves you, then "your people should be her people, and your God shold be her God too" like Ruth and Naomi in the Bible. It's even fair that you Tod her that she can still maintain her church.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2018
mrblessed:
I have to reiterate that beneath the negative and hurtful comments directed towards Catholics and their faith are engendered by ignorance and an attempt to regurgitate highly popular but erroneous notions. I know it is difficult to completely dispel this myth. However, any opportunity to engage in robust and honest discussion that is aim to strengthen our understanding should be encouraged. The earlier we desist from my-church-is-better-than-your attitude, the better for us. If you are conversant with your Bible, you will know the prayer Catholics pray to Mary was gotten from the visit of angel Gabriel. There is no woman honoured by God in the whole world like Mary; that is why a full chapter was devoted to her in the Quran. Someone whom the Bible says all "generation has call blessed" is truly blessed, and deserved to be honoured as Catholics do today. So beloved, if you have not start calling Mary blessed note that you have biblical injunction to do so.
okay but she has no chapter in the Bible? Hv u asked urself why!! Well that’s a story for another day..Praying to Mary is no issue to me but building an image of her is sinful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Charters A Yacht To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos) / Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? / Wow Most Hilarious And Funny Valentine Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.