Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47497 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by BeansAndBread(m): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2018
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.
Shut up Yoruba Christian, who wants to date you before. The thread isn't about Muslims or JW, but two bigotic Yoruba Christians.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 15, 2018
BeansAndBread:
Shut up Yoruba Christian, who wants to date you before. The thread isn't about Muslims or JW, but two bigotic Yoruba Christians.

Lol, e pain you? Ode

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by TyroneP(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2018
ozoneymcm:

Matt 12:47-50. Mary can't hear your prayers coz the dead can't hear the living

O you of little faith! The Star of evangelization and the saints hears and answers my prayers through the divinity power of the MOST HIGH GOD. I'm a living testimony and so are others who are practicing Catholics.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Janthony: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2018
You know, I was born and brought up as a confirmed Catholic but now I worship at C.P.M
I have not grown to hate Catholicism. No one should dictate where you worship. The last time I was with my mum I told her there is no religion at Heaven, I worship God regardless of the church!

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by johnmba: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

Dont say what you dont know. Keep deceiving yourselve

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2018
mrblessed:
Your middle-of-the-road opinion on Catholics' stubborn reverence and honour to Mary is fascinating, and requires a comment. If truly you agree that praying to Mary as sanctioned by the Bible is appropriate, I wonder why you suddenly have issues with making a statue of the person to whom prayers are directed to. Note that the key word here is honour, not worship. We honour our parents as commanded by the Bible, but we don't worship them. So it is with Catholics and Mary. If you remember Jesus' first miracle at a wedding in Cana, then you will appreciate the immense intercessory powers of Mary.This is what millions of billions Catholics all over the world benefits from.
there is no point in ur comment...if u feel honoring Mary is part of catholic Christianity .. I can’t argue with that even if I do not believe in it but hving an image where u kneel n pray is sinful. I said I hv no problem with that never said it was appropriate...
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2018
stankezzy:
catholic is not even the first church , old testament , moses and up till jesus were jews , their religion is Judaism but before jesus left he breathed upon them and said recieve the Holy Ghost , Peter, Paul and the rest apostles were penticostals , they speak in tounges and do miracles and do pentecostal things , it was after the death of the apostles that Romans that used to be idle worshipers now combined idle worshiping with Christianity to form roman catholic so pentecostal came before catholic
oh really? Thanks
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by chidiswt: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Best comment ever.
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jonadaft: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2018
SBL28:

Daft mofo, don't you think it is too early for you to be unfortunate
I don't know
But you could just ask your overfucked puṣsy
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rumenase(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.

miz rozay marry me
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rumenase(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2018
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

best comment

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
why must she be the one doing it for you.... Afterall you claim to love her.... Or is it bcoz u are a guy so it must be the lady to compromise.... Na so undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Damseldammie(f): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2018
This lady in question, doesn't love you while I will advise you to let the lady be because you don't have to compromise your faith because of her ... Arákùnrin! Please do the needful ASAP

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2018
ozoneymcm:

Matt 12:47-50. Mary can't hear your prayers coz the dead can't hear the living
Dear Friend, there is a wide gulf between your thesis of argument and what is written in Matt. 12: 47-50. In the said passage, Jesus expanded the scope of His earthly family to include everyone who listens to His teaching and does the will of His Father in heaven, and not solely His mother, Mary and his disciples. Therefore, I suggest a little more research on your part concerning this issue.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by allanphash7(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Alright sis

Enjoy your weekend
SBL28:

A resounding No, I cant wrap my head around why someone would think there is no God when He shows Himself to us everyday in different way.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Joshzion(m): 9:57am On Sep 15, 2018
I can't also marry a catholic, I'm a Christian from a pentecostal church. Catholic doctrine is just too boring and somehow to me

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2018
mrblessed:
Dear Friend, there is a wide gulf between your thesis of argument and what is written in Matt. 12: 47-50. In the said passage, Jesus expanded the scope of His earthly family to include everyone who listens to His teaching and does the will of His Father in heaven, and not solely His mother, Mary and his disciples. Therefore, I suggest a little more research on your part concerning this issue.
u made no point ones again
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by decorichiesnr(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2018
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

God bless u.... tell them

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

You can't give up your church for her but you want her to give up her church for you because you're doing her some kind of favour, right? Or because you have a penïs.
The kind of dictatorship and entitlement mentality Nigerian guys possess these days is beyond human comprehension.

Wedding is even done in the woman's church not your church.

Spits!

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2018
This
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by generationz(f): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2018
zinnydan:
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw

I can't marry into catholic church and I'm not a jw
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2018
my dear tell her the wedding will be in your church after that she can worship where ever she likes but that will affect your children
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zolajpower: 10:19am On Sep 15, 2018
Amberon:
I don't converse with lifeless people.Get lost

No doubt you have the traits of the dullard and grand patron of fulani herdsmen. Because your problem is very pathetic . You are uncouth useless and a nymp. Get a life u silly brat.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by generationz(f): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2018
Peteragan:
Mr Man what i will advise you first is to educate her on the Catholic Faith coz most of the comment here obviously show a shallow knowledge about what the Catholic faith entails and if she will not listen to you then i will advise that you look elsewhere.Also she has little knowledge about the faith from your post and you should not jeopardize your happiness for that flimsy reason.You can also still marry her and allow her to practice her faith if you want to navigate through.Honestly my advise is for you to let her go if she insist on not accepting your proposal because you are a Catholic.My humble opinion.

as a christian you shouldn't be talking about anything like 'catholic faith' we are meant to be one body in Christ through faith in Christ Jesus anything apart from that is subscription to tradition and rituals which is paganism

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
u made no point ones again
Haha. Haba! Thank you.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
is The dates of Christmas that’s pagan but Christmas now represents the birth of Christ n it’s one week before new year . So we all go with it n use it as a medium to celebrate our faith... Catholics r idol worshipers I know it hurts but it’s true. The Bible was not written by Catholics, Catholics is just the first church in existence but not the foundation of the Bible.
catholics are idol worshipers yet u obey their Christmas doctrine, U obey their easter doctrine and follow their Gregorian calender? Funny people.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2018
Vicvalentine:

And Secondly if you say that “They hate the Catholic but accepted the Bible passed unto them from the Catholic Church”

Then why is the Catholic Church going contrary against what the Bible they passed unto those that hate them says.
Don’t you think youre the one being deceived here bro.

It is obvious that none of these denominations are going after Sound Doctrine which is the Word of God.

Be spiritually awoken , be of a Sound mind and go after Sound Doctrine (Word of God) In Spirit and In Truth.
Stay Blessed
catholic church going astray under whose assessment? When did u become God or his mouthpiece to determine who does the right thing or not? Speaking with such alacrity like u know anything..
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
catholics are idol worshipers yet u obey their Christmas doctrine, U obey their easter doctrine and follow their Gregorian calender? Funny people.
lol my church hv their own Calabar n the year starts August. So because we know u all r idol worshiper , we shouldn’t believe in Jesus again?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Malawian(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2018
Vicvalentine:

I can never ever deny Virgin Mary been the earthly Mother of Jesus , she was Favoured by God because of how dedicated she is to Him.
She has the fear of the Lord in her and as a true follower of Christ
I think we should Emulate her lifestyle on how she lived, honored and served God while she was alive.

Not coming up with some false claims about how she invented rosary and how the rosary has promised to those who pray it daily, that’s total idolizing and regarding to someone who served God truthfully during her lifetime, coming up with that kind of ideology about praying with some beads.

All the same, What Christ said there was very straight forward!! Youare free to inteprete it the way you want. At least Catholics are doing something about that directive, whether we are doing it right is left for Christ to decide. What are you pentecostals doing about that directive? Do you choose which directive to obey and which not to obey?

Honestly, you cant be in a position to judge catholics if you have never been one. I can't be bothered what people think about my Catholism, It is my life, not yours and my spirit totally agrees with Catholism. Mind you, i have been to so many Pentecostal Churches, usually by invitation, but i always find myself back in the Catholic Church and for good reasons as well.

The last three girl i asked to marry me were all in this Catholic/Pentecostal stuff, with the last one even saying stuff like how she cant go from "Bible Believing Church" to whatever it was that she calledthe Catholic Church. I Think it was not funny to her when i dumped her less than a week later.

The babe i am with now is also nota Catholic, she started with that Catholic/Pentecostal stuff and i shut her down right away. I have made it clear to her that she does not have to be Catholic to marry me and that she does not have to be Catholic ever if she don't want.

But me, I am Catholic!! that is one truth about me that will remain constant till i depart this life! To each his own.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
lol my church hv their own Calabar n the year starts August. So because we know u all r idol worshiper , we shouldn’t believe in Jesus again?
you av a right to blv wat u will, but u don't av a right to call what other people do as idol worship. U are blaspheming. Be careful!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jesmond3945: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
that’s ur problem my dear not hers. Cause God is in no church .. n u right there might not still go to heaven . So shiiiii
something tells me you are the girl in question. Op your wife is here.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
you av a right to blv wat u will, but u don't av a right to call what other people do as idol worship. U are blaspheming. Be careful!
blasphemy how? Face ur holy Priest raping boys n girls that’s pure definition of blasphemy after Claiming virginity

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerians Ask To Marry Murray-Bruce's Daughter / 46-Year-Old Sexy Mama Cries Out On Twitter Over Her Real Age. Photos / Dumped After Blood Covenant And Abortions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.