Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47489 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
see how u wrote those things like God communicated with u personally to lay down those principles. Very funny! The same catholic u chastise and ridicule has the foundation of the so-called Bible u quoted. Who and how they wrote it, u know nothing about. How wat u now belief bcoms the grand norm beats every rational imagination.

Only shallow minds see from one side if the lens. No one knows d right religion but God. Catholics worship idol but when it comes to celebrating Christmas which is a typical idol practice pentecostal churches join in it. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses!

There is no right religion. Jesus didn't create religion. It was man.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Jonathan:

Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very shameful as you people still call yourselves christains, believe in the same book and jesus.
WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!

I'm sure of one thing, all is not well with you. Get yourself checked.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Whatever you guys carve up in those statues, it certainly wasn't what they looked like.
exactly my dear
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2018
Jonathan:

But you continue fuck1ng muslim dicks...
Gos is watching you...

Daft mofo, don't you think it is too early for you to be unfortunate
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Janthony: 8:09am On Sep 15, 2018
Well, miss its too early for argument. You know?
Shugavee:
everybody knows this! Duh �
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by snowblaq(f): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I thought weddings usually takes place in the lady's church?

Yh.. but you know she would finally have to start going with him to his church after the marriage... ..i guess that's what she is fight against
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2018
Am going to be practical dear op. I had almost the same issue 8 years ago. Now, the agreement between me and my fiance then: I went to the Catholic Church, and I discovered from their priest that I could be wedded in the Catholic Church and still attend my pentecostal, but with an oath that my children will be brought as catholics. I was begged by my fiance to accept the offer though it can't be possible for my children to be brought up in catholic since the woman most times is the one that takes children to church. Mind you we planned during the weeding in my own church but his family refused because they are strictly catholics. (2)Did the agreement work? No, we changed the wedding program to catholic as I agreed with him but on the day of the wedding as I was dressing up, I was called that the wedding has been canceled. His family discovered I wouldn't attend catholic , the priest complained we didn't bring marriage barns even though I was not born a Catholic and didn't understand what they were talking about. Everyone put blame on me and that day was a sad one, thank God for my family and friends. (3, )what happened after? My fiance suggested we should receive marriage blessing from my church after everybody had left. The pastor was not happy but we were prayed for. So we started leaving since we had done a court wedding and traditional before the failed church wedding. Honestly it wasn't easy because his family didn't let me be. He too started supporting his people but I stood my ground with my church because we had an 'agreement '. After the long battle, willingly , he started going to church with me and I never forced him, I didn't even ask him to do so, and nobody is talking again from his family. Now I think you should learn from this. If you can allow ur wife to continue with her pentecostal without u disturbing her, and she is ok with it , fine. I think one should attend a church where he/she is most nourished spiritually whether catholic or where soever, but don't ever force her to attend ur church and she shouldn't do the same. It's better you both have an agreement that will be convenient for you both now or you separate and look for another relationship to avoid regrets and bring confusion to the children. However, I understand that a woman is supposed to be wedded in her own church. All the best, as the Holy Spirit guides you both.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2018
LastDays777:

Not from the beginning of the church.

From the day he saw the vision. He saw the next 112 popes. 112 is the last before Rome is judged.

have u heard of baba vanga? she also does prediction she predicted the rise of isis,9/11,obama presidency,fall of the twin towers and more so different people get different visions even the popes have visions
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 49cents(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

Catholics do not believe Mary is chirst.

Catholicism is a fullest expression of Christianity. And I can easily show you how.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by MsGood(f): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up
If she's a real Christian, she would be wise enough to decide not to start a relationship with someone she can't marry. I once met a nice guy I really liked but ended the friendship when I discovered he attends a white garment church. She shouldn't have wasted time for four years. Love isn't blind.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by snowblaq(f): 8:23am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

Same way she probably can't give up hers for you.... ..she loves her church and all it entails just like you do yours.. .everyone is entitled to a choice.. ...if you cannot compromise for her ...don't expect her to do same for you.. .marriage is about compromises.. ..both ways not just by one party.. ..so if you cannot change for her same way she can't change for you.. .then you both should agree to disagree and call off the relationship... ...you cannot force her into marriage with you when she clearly doesn't support your church like you also do not support hers.. ...its simple.. ..allow her to move on.. And you do same.. ..and next time pls date someone from your place of worship.. ..it makes things a whole lot easier. ...so you won't have to come and start forcing someone's child to change her place of worship for yours.. ...if the person wants to do so willingly.. ..then it's fine.. .if not.. ..then let her be Biko.. ..she has a right to a choice too

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 8:26am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
have u heard of baba vanga? she also does prediction she predicted the rise of isis,9/11,obama presidency,fall of the twin towers and more so different people get different visions even the popes have visions

And she was wrong especially about Obama. St malachy prophecy about the characteristics of the hundred and eleven popes is spot on. Look into it bro. That's why people are taking it serious.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by snowblaq(f): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2018
Sheggy13:

See what you're saying.You can't give up your church for her but she should be the one to do that for you. On what basis?

I just tire.. ...the way he says it alone is really annoying. ....why can't he date his church member then?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2018
LastDays777:

And she was wrong especially about Obama. St malachy prophecy about the characteristics of the hundred and eleven popes is spot on. Look into it bro. That's why people are taking it serious.
Emm can you explain to me who is the 44th president of the united states? and other people on earth past and present have visions which are accurate so what makes st malachy own different?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stankezzy: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
is The dates of Christmas that’s pagan but Christmas now represents the birth of Christ n it’s one week before new year . So we all go with it n use it as a medium to celebrate our faith... Catholics r idol worshipers I know it hurts but it’s true. The Bible was not written by Catholics, Catholics is just the first church in existence but not the foundation of the Bible.
catholic is not even the first church , old testament , moses and up till jesus were jews , their religion is Judaism but before jesus left he breathed upon them and said recieve the Holy Ghost , Peter, Paul and the rest apostles were penticostals , they speak in tounges and do miracles and do pentecostal things , it was after the death of the apostles that Romans that used to be idle worshipers now combined idle worshiping with Christianity to form roman catholic so pentecostal came before catholic

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Immarocks(f): 8:35am On Sep 15, 2018
hmmmmm she is even an Anglican.....

the Catholic Church is one faith that has suffered and is still suffering from criticism for so many centuries...
most people don't even try to understand what the Catholic Faith is
they will sieze every opportunity using road side argument to critisize the church.... all I know I believe in God... father, son and Holy Spirit
I pray. I read my Bible .
but truth is some Catholics are traditional ...things hv changed n are still changing.... kumuyi was against television.... what about now?

OP.... if you start compromising now... you will continue to compromise in marriage too.

I believe in one Holy catholic and Apostolic Church....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
u are so dumb!! Read history fool

This is serious

See how we fight each other because of church. Which church is better and which one is not.

The devil is really smiling now.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by deavicky(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Homeboiy:

If u want to be a man and leave long in life,

Don't do what she's asking you to do

this is not how to measure up as man. If u continue like this u will crash.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 8:47am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
okay but she has no chapter in the Bible? Hv u asked urself why!! Well that’s a story for another day..Praying to Mary is no issue to me but building an image of her is sinful.
Your middle-of-the-road opinion on Catholics' stubborn reverence and honour to Mary is fascinating, and requires a comment. If truly you agree that praying to Mary as sanctioned by the Bible is appropriate, I wonder why you suddenly have issues with making a statue of the person to whom prayers are directed to. Note that the key word here is honour, not worship. We honour our parents as commanded by the Bible, but we don't worship them. So it is with Catholics and Mary. If you remember Jesus' first miracle at a wedding in Cana, then you will appreciate the immense intercessory powers of Mary.This is what millions of billions Catholics all over the world benefits from.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by judility(m): 8:48am On Sep 15, 2018
I have this same issue with my girl, I have to let her go, religious has really don more harm than good in africa, if catholic is worshipping idol, then all the churches are worshipping idol as well, because they are the root of Christianity, and note: no church is perfect, all has it own shortcomings, it pained me I lost my wife to be because of this, advice don't marry that girl, u guys are not compatible,
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2018
millionboi2:
shut up.....xpt u married dat way then u can speak .
... Must u reason with ur hand?, undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 8:50am On Sep 15, 2018
jericco1:

it'll affect their children obviously
... In wat way oh, if I may ask.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ozoneymcm: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
1). You will (if you do) get married to her in the church her parents worship
2). Must you attend the same church?
3). Have discussed all available options

When you do number 3 and no compromise has been reached, go your separate ways ( 07038148140 for free relationship counseling)
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by pek(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2018
mechanics:
It means you don't love her, if you really love her, you will do what she says.
Shallow reasoning. Love is a two way thing and takes understanding. I suggest they part ways since none of them will leave his/her Church.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2018
mabea:
Chai! See advice. Indeed a carnal man does not understand the things of the spirit.
... But is it nt d same God we are serving?, believe with ur hrt and stop puting religion on head lyk Jerri can
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mosdii(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2018
So if she tell you to leave heaven and enter hello fire with her, bros you go do am?
Nigerians with church be like groundnut and garri.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by CAPSLOCKED: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

OGA STOP TRASH TALKING AND GIVE UP THE CHURCH.. BOTH OF YOU. GIVE UP THE DAMN CHURCHES THAT HAS NEVER CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO OUR HAPPINESS OR FRUITFULNESS IN MARRIAGES.

IT'S A SHAME THAT TWO GROWN ADULTS ARE WILLING TO ALLOW MERE CHURCHES STAND INBETWEEN WHAT THEY WANT TO ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER. IF CHRIST'S MISSION WAS TO UNITE ALL HUMANS WHY IS CHRISTIANITY CAUSING SO MUCH DIVISION AMONG CHRISTIANS THEMSELVES?

4 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2018
IRIEBOY:
Gbam.. I just tire for em.. I can marry any religion as long as the person has good morals.. religion my ass. with all their so called spirituality the country is still in dip mess..
... I dey tell u, is dis religion of a tin dat is spoiling our country.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by CAPSLOCKED: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
49cents:

Catholicism is a fullest expression of Christianity. And I can easily show you how.

HAHA
SHOW ME.
SHOW ME THIS AMAZING INTELLECTUAL DISCOVERY YOU JUST MADE THAT WILL AMAZE AND CHANGE THE WORLD!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jclassiq(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

YOUNG MAN LISTEN TO ME...STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF OK?

YOU HAVE BEEN FORNICATING CONTINUOUSLY FOR FOUR YEARS WITH SOMEONE NOT YOUR WIFE...YET YOU ARE HERE BOGGING PEOPLE WITH ISSUE OF LEAVING CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE A WOMAN ASKED TOU TO.

MY DEAR BROTHER LET ME TELL YOU....YOU MAY WELL LEAVE CHRISTIANITY ALTOGETHER BECAUSE OF HER because OBVIOUSLY YOUR RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO CHANGE YOU AS A PERSON.

2 tim 2:19 kindly check it out bro. kind regards
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by TyroneP(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2018
Peteragan:
Mr Man what i will advise you first is to educate her on the Catholic Faith coz most of the comment here obviously show a shallow knowledge about what the Catholic faith entails and if she will not listen to you then i will advise that you look elsewhere.Also she has little knowledge about the faith from your post and you should not jeopardize your happiness for that flimsy reason.You can also still marry her and allow her to practice her faith if you want to navigate through.Honestly my advise is for you to let her go if she insist on not accepting your proposal because you are a Catholic.My humble opinion.

Brother, stand for what you believe in. It's better you let her go rather than compromise your faith. A lot of people compromise their faith in such situation like this. On the last day, God will not judge anyone according to denomination but rather what how best you served him. You're dealing with God and not a human. Besides, do not force her into marriage. Pray more about it
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ozoneymcm: 9:06am On Sep 15, 2018
mrblessed:
Your middle-of-the-road opinion on Catholics' stubborn reverence and honour to Mary is fascinating, and requires a comment. If truly you agree that praying to Mary as sanctioned by the Bible is appropriate, I wonder why you suddenly have issues with making a statue of the person to whom prayers are directed to. Note that the key word here is honour, not worship. We honour our parents as commanded by the Bible, but we don't worship them. So it is with Catholics and Mary. If you remember Jesus' first miracle at a wedding in Cana, then you will appreciate the immense intercessory powers of Mary.This is what millions of billions Catholics all over the world benefits from.
Matt 12:47-50. Mary can't hear your prayers coz the dead can't hear the living

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Slay Mamas In Bikinis Twerk To Davido's N1M #BumBumchallenge At The Beach / Best Love Songs Top 20 (my Favourites) / Nigerians Ask To Marry Murray-Bruce's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.