Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47653 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2018
Malawian:

All the same, What Christ said there was very straight forward!! Youare free to inteprete it the way you want. At least Catholics are doing something about that directive, whether we are doing it right is left for Christ to decide. What are you pentecostals doing about that directive? Do you choose which directive to obey and which not to obey?

Honestly, you cant be in a position to judge catholics if you have never been one. I can't be bothered what people think about my Catholism, It is my life, not yours and my spirit totally agrees with Catholism. Mind you, i have been to so many Pentecostal Churches, usually by invitation, but i always find myself back in the Catholic Church and for good reasons as well.

The last three girl i asked to marry me were all in this Catholic/Pentecostal stuff, with the last one even saying stuff like how she cant go from "Bible Believing Church" to whatever it was that she calledthe Catholic Church. I Think it was not funny to her when i dumped her less than a week later.

The babe i am with now is also nota Catholic, she started with that Catholic/Pentecostal stuff and i shut her down right away. I have made it clear to her that she does not have to be Catholic to marry me and that she does not have to be Catholic ever if she don't want.

But me, I am Catholic!! that is one truth about me that will remain constant till i depart this life! To each his own.
no mind dis pentecostal hypocrites. Saying A and doing B. U won't hear catholics criticising or talking about dem. Any little thing dey jump into the wagon of saying catholics worship idol, like dey are God who determine right from wrong. Most annoying part is dat this nonsense is often from fake Nigerian Christians who don't even practice true Christianity. Christianity in Nigeria lost its focus since d spread of pentecostalism, no more love but hatred. Hitherto now, catholic church donate to the poor and provide free education to the people, can pentecostal churches do dis? Yeye people. Na to steal money pay tithe dem sabi. Dey cheat and steal and pay as tithe and say dey are doing the right thing. Ignorant people!

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2018
Vicvalentine:

I can never ever deny Virgin Mary been the earthly Mother of Jesus , she was Favoured by God because of how dedicated she is to Him.
She has the fear of the Lord in her and as a true follower of Christ
I think we should Emulate her lifestyle on how she lived, honored and served God while she was alive.

Not coming up with some false claims about how she invented rosary and how the rosary has promised to those who pray it daily, that’s total idolizing and regarding to someone who served God truthfully during her lifetime, coming up with that kind of ideology about praying with some beads.
exactly
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by legeh: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

what has the pope got to do with my relationship problems

THIS OFFER IS STRICTLY FOR NGOs AND NOT-FOR PROFIT FOUNDATIONS/ORGANISATIONS!

Each non-profit organization exists for a certain purpose. Website visitors who are not familiar with the organization should be able to quickly get an idea of the purpose when visiting the site for the first time
With this, we provide solutions that can further help genuine NGOs put smiles on faces that truly need them

What You Get!

Https://www.YourNGOWebsite.com SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
Free Domain for 1 Year
Beautiful Crafted NGO-focused Website with Solid SEO
SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
Unlimited Hosting Space

Let’s support you to continue to put smiles on faces....the Digital Way

Get NOW for N19,999!

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
blasphemy how? Face ur holy Priest raping boys n girls that’s pure definition of blasphemy after Claiming virginity
den face ur fake pastors sleeping with church members upandan, and using fake juju on u lot to hoodwink u. Av u payed ur tithe? Ignorant lots!

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

I want to learn so explain this prayer:

"Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen"

There it is. It's not a prayer.

You're only beseeching Mary to pray for you.

Some of yall do it with your dead pastors. But when Catholics do it with saints it's blasphemy.

Idiots.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
lol my church hv their own Calabar n the year starts August. So because we know u all r idol worshiper , we shouldn’t believe in Jesus again?
and who recognises ur church calender??
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Some of yall do it with your dead pastors. But when Catholics do it with saints it's blasphemy.

Idiots.
you dey mind those ignoramuses. They go about bowing and kneeling for pastors and their wives but wen catholic respects Mary it bcoms idolatry. They pay tithe daily but ask them for common #5 for food dey will tell u I don't av. They are everywhr preaching nonsense. Ignorant lots dat see religion from only their blurred mind. Unless u join dem in their ignorance, den u are doing the wrong thing.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
and who recognises ur church calender??
we recongnize it.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
den face ur fake pastors sleeping with church members upandan, and using fake juju on u lot to hoodwink u. Av u payed ur tithe? Ignorant lots!
I know it’s hurts lol.. bye
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
I know it’s hurts lol.. bye
hurts Wu? Kilo kan mí
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Shugavee:
we recongnize it.
isi aki, lol.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by DaddyNimo(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2018
she doesn't love you, what stops either of you to keep attending either churches even after wedding? is it a must couple worship in the same church? give her the option of her retaining her church, but the kids will attend your church, if she doesn't agree to dat den break up the the control freak useless biitch asap....never allow a woman control you, rada give her two options to pick from.
she eider changes to your church, or she retain her church but your kids will be Catholics.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mechanics(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2018
pek:
Shallow reasoning. Love is a two way thing and takes understanding. I suggest they part ways since none of them will leave his/her Church.
That's my reason and I stick to that.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by johnmba: 11:10am On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

I want to learn so explain this prayer:

"Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen"

Pastor pray for me.....daddy go pray for.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Amumaigwe: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

Who features comedians and secular musicians on pulpit more than pentecostal churches? BTW, no organ of the holy catholic church will invite some queer character as a visiting guest. They are not under pressure for church growth.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

That's why every sensible person in nigeria has been calling for an end to religion.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Idiots.
I've never seen anyone praying to their dead pastors to pray to God on their behalf.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Zivaharry(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2018
chiommy123:
I think that lady really loves you and not just that she also cares for your soul. You will be making a dangerous mistake by leaving her
foolish people every where.......jux listen to ur empty skull
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Zivaharry(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2018
mrblessed:
When bigotry is wedded to ignorance the inevitable consequence is the product of your baseless diatribe. Again, your lame and dismal description of Catholic Church shows you don't possess the faintest idea of what church teaches. Yes, Catholic Church has a different style of worship which unfortunately irks many pentecostals, and actuates them to make unguarded and unfounded comments about what they barely understand. In the Catholic Church, Jesus is the chief cornerstone and the symbol of highest veneration. Take it from me, we worship Jesus and Jesus alone. You merely joined the bandwagon that traffics ignorance and hatred. A lady you purportedly invested with the claim of "high spiritually" has been in relationship four year which involves sexual intercourse, yet she has "higher spiritual" rating because she worships in a different church, other than Catholic Church. Don't mistake noisemaking and shouting as the only prerequisite for knowing a true Christian and effective means of evangelization. Jesus didn't use these methods during His earthly mission. We have very few orthodox churches today with an unremitting mushrooming of pentecostal churches that claim to possess the ideal way to make heaven, yet we are inundated with societal ills of epic proportions, some of which are perpetrated in churches. If Pentecostalism is the answer as you erroneously claim, salvation gospel which was ordained by Christ and not prosperity gospel, will be their fundamental doctrine. In all this needless fanaticism, I believe that my faith in Christ Jesus, accompany with my good deeds are the only valid visa to secure heaven. Thank you.
oh my God....you jux hit the nail.....I need to know u more bro......I like seeing people with a strong rational reasoning......
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by bonnyhope: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2018
guy, open ur eyes, be a man dont let any girl rule out ur faith, you are the who wants to marry her not otherwise.

i have faced similar issue but i made u-turn becos of church difference. maintain ur catholic faith and look for someone else who believes in dat faith,a woman does not have her own church, she follows d husband faith.

best of luck

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by jericco1(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
... In wat way oh, if I may ask.
denomination issue, there'll be rift
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Zivaharry(m): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Mklancee:
It is a good thing that she is leting you know all this before you walk into the lifetime trap.if you can't convince her to to change her opinion and you are not willing to change you religion then it is better you walk away .there is always another good girl you can love.
there is no need to convince her....if she doesn't understand that you can worship God any where and still maintain your spiritual purity, then, let her go.........

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by kingzephyr(m): 11:45am On Sep 15, 2018
spiceadole:

They were busy chopping premarital kpekus.

The thing sweet them so tey dey no dey think of religion/doctrine that year.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by julioralph(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Kylekent59:
Am a type of guy that sees things from different views.

I have come to realize that many Christians hate the catholic church. I don't know why, or could it be because of their population / unity.

I have heard so many things about the catholic church, so one day I decided to attend their first mass.

Observations:

1. I observed that when the mass is about to commence, a thick bell is rang, and all stands up, then they start with what they call sign of the cross.( father,son and spirit).
Jesus said God is in me and am in God and through the spirit God reaches out to us.
so I think they are right about their faith in accordance to the scriptures.

2. When ever Jesus is mentioned while praying they all bow.

3. The homily, here the priest preaches the the gospel of the day.

4. They break bread, and blessed it, and a cup of wine also will be raised together with the bread and they are gonna be blessed in accordance with the scripture. (Jesus broke bread and gave to his disciples and he told them "do this in memory of me"wink

5. Thanksgiving : where people will bring their fruits/offerings and places it on the alter and the priest will bless it.( Those offering will be used to cater for the orphanage)

7. Announcement / closing prayer which still ends with (in the name of the father,son and spirit)

8. After proper reasoning, I found out that those things used in worship are used to boost their faith and by so doing their faith is at the increase.

That was why Moses made a serpent with a rod and he told the people to look at it and get healed. (He used that serpent rod to boost their faith and that made them healed).

I came back home and I started crying, I was asking myself why are people bad.

I once heard they worship idol but I saw no idol only the cross(which signifies a perfect sacrifice)
Even in the bible,Moses made a serpent idol and told the people to look at it and be healed and they were all healed.

as from that day I said to myself that i won't believe anything I hear not until I go and make my observations.

I stil don't know why people say bad about other churches, they just hear from someone and just believe without even verifying.

At OP please marry someone else, she doesn't deserve you. Please don't abandon your faith.

Kyau dare.

Gobe ne cike

You have said it all bro.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Shugavee(f): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Kylekent59:
Am a type of guy that sees things from different views.

I have come to realize that many Christians hate the catholic church. I don't know why, or could it be because of their population / unity.

I have heard so many things about the catholic church, so one day I decided to attend their first mass.

Observations:

1. I observed that when the mass is about to commence, a thick bell is rang, and all stands up, then they start with what they call sign of the cross.( father,son and spirit).
Jesus said God is in me and am in God and through the spirit God reaches out to us.
so I think they are right about their faith in accordance to the scriptures.

2. When ever Jesus is mentioned while praying they all bow.

3. The homily, here the priest preaches the the gospel of the day.

4. They break bread, and blessed it, and a cup of wine also will be raised together with the bread and they are gonna be blessed in accordance with the scripture. (Jesus broke bread and gave to his disciples and he told them "do this in memory of me"wink

5. Thanksgiving : where people will bring their fruits/offerings and places it on the alter and the priest will bless it.( Those offering will be used to cater for the orphanage)

7. Announcement / closing prayer which still ends with (in the name of the father,son and spirit)

8. After proper reasoning, I found out that those things used in worship are used to boost their faith and by so doing their faith is at the increase.

That was why Moses made a serpent with a rod and he told the people to look at it and get healed. (He used that serpent rod to boost their faith and that made them healed).

I came back home and I started crying, I was asking myself why are people bad.

I once heard they worship idol but I saw no idol only the cross(which signifies a perfect sacrifice)
Even in the bible,Moses made a serpent idol and told the people to look at it and be healed and they were all healed.

as from that day I said to myself that i won't believe anything I hear not until I go and make my observations.

I stil don't know why people say bad about other churches, they just hear from someone and just believe without even verifying.

At OP please marry someone else, she doesn't deserve you. Please don't abandon your faith.

Kyau dare.

Gobe ne cike

next time say the truth by saying I am a catholic n this is how we do services.. u can only deceive the people that wants to be decieved
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
jericco1:

denomination issue, there'll be rift
... Okay, don't let me argue with u anymore bt I don't accept dat sha.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
rumenase:

miz rozay marry me
... Lol, grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Emanodimo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
U can choose to follow her or not.

Ask her about this, if ur church is trekkable distance and you transport to the neighbouring town to attend her church, what will be her choice should serve you the wisdom on who she is a rational or irrational being.

Religion and ethnicity are like a twin wound. Seek for ways to make yours acceptable to her.

If that's difficult for you to do, that means she is the one that toast you.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ibietela2(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
Imagine, see what religion is doing to adults
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

Focus on your religion. Steewpid boi
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
Auladimeji:
I will advise her not to accept your proposal.She shouldn't be equally yoke with unbelievers(Catholic; You guys worship images)

What do you worship? Your pastor? Learn to have sense
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ibietela2(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
Propose if she say YES do traditional marriage then allow her worship her own, you worship your own

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Met March 10th, Marrying March 11th, Read Our Love Story - The March 11th Couple / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Corpers Who Graduated From FUTO

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66