Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,444 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47640 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
Anas09:

The Devil has no hand in this. It's all their fault. They don't know what the Church is, if they do, they'd know that the Church is a whole human being comprising of body parts with The Lord as the Head.

Christian denominations are just different parts of the body of Christ. the Hand can say to the leg you are not part of me. It's only foolishness that will make an eye cast off a mouth.

If we understand that in our physical bodies we have Cells, we will know that Winners Chapel is a cell in the body of Christ. Christ Embassy, Redeem, Assemblies of God, Deeper Life, are all Cells in the same body but all of us unite under one Head. The Lord Jesus, then we'll stop this foolishness of you belong to Paul, i belong to Apollos.

Exactly @ bolded. That's the point. But who gave people the idea that 'my church is better' , 'your church is the devils church' etc to the extent of attacking each other? It came from somewhere don't you think so. Who causes confusion in the body of Christ? Thats why we pray for people so they can understand instead of blaming them as their fault because it's not.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Anas09: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
LastDays777:

Exactly @ bolded. That's the point. But who gave people the idea that 'my church is better' , 'your church is the devils church' etc to the extent of attacking each other? It came from somewhere don't you think so. Who causes confusion in the body of Christ? Thats why we pray for people so they can understand instead of blaming them as their fault because it's not.
Sir, it is my fault if as a Christian i am told that Christ lives in me in the person of the Holy Spirit, and i'm told that the Holy Spirit is my teacher, yet refuse to maximize the teaching ministry of the Holy Ghost but believe what G.O told me as opposed to the truth.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rumenase(m): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
... Lol, grin

say yes it's on FP the whole of NL is seeing this
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Anas09: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the devil has a hand in it, this is the factions that the Bible condemned as works of the flesh.

There were no denominations in Christianity
What then do you understand the church to be, or better put, why is the Church called the BODY OF CHRIST?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rosay15(f): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
rumenase:

say yes it's on FP the whole of NL is seeing this
... Sorry to disappoint u, am engaged.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by sulasa07(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help
Christian vs Christian not Muslim vs Christian, All is well.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by blackboy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
Stupid gf . Why date him.greedy and confused and immoral being
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by tommysparks: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
My brother I have been in that boat before, we dragged this issue for two years before I met a Catholic girl whom I married, if she was willing to join you in the Catholic Church as per marriage she won't even bargain with you she will just tell you to fix date for marriage and go to see her parents but the truth is once she starts giving you conditions then her mind is not made up in marrying you just yet. Kindly start searching for a girl in your church to start a relationship with and convert that to your girl to a side chick, you will see her come begging but my advice remains thus, prepare to start parting ways with her and look for another to marry

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by rumenase(m): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
... Sorry to disappoint u, am engaged.
sorry to disappoint you, I don't believe you.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

Why doesn't she leave her own church for yours. She should do this one thing for you. She is slowly taking power from you and before you know it she will be in control of the marriage.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...

Maybe this Pope but not all Popes!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i have d same stance for catholic church, dat lady is a real christian..if u dont stand for something, u fall for anything.do u know i went to mulumba and david cath. church on invite and the moderator was reminding dem of a youth thing dey are having saying comedians and whiz kid is coming..dey shld buy tickets.. whiz kid in church..and chanting THRU mary our mother, we succeed..i agree with ur future wife, i hope u will wake up

Lol what makes you think Pentecostalism is the right Christianity? With all those greedy pastors that only use the old testament when it is time for offering.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

Lol last days since the past how many years. Pentecostalism is an end time religion with greedy pastors and olosho members. See how many Pentecostal churches disgrace the Christian faith each day. See how their members dress like prostitutes.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
stiffmeister:
I understand her reasons... she must have tasted what it is to be religious and be kingdom minded. she don't want a cold kinda faith in her approach to supremacy. Catholicism is not what she wants... coz she has attain a level of spirituality that she has known the attributes and fundamentals of serving God. Catholic is an orthodox church which still believe in dieties and mediatorships... in marriage spirituality matters most.

Lol tasted what? cheesy Was the "Kingdom minded" sweet? What level of spirituality has she attained? I hate Pentecostals for one thing, they believe their version of Christianity is right. They broke away from Christianity and formed total shit all in the name of Pentecostalism.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by doughziay: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
giles14:
where in the bible do you see a good wife dishing out instruments to her husband?

These people in question are yet to get married sir. I'm not advocating for the woman to do something she shouldn't, I'm only trying to buttress the fact that the OP should pray asking God if the said lady is his wife.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

Exactly. You are the man here. You are the one to pay her dowry. Wedding expenses are all on you and so on. You are the head of the family and she is slowly showing to you that your words cannot stand in the house. There are good Catholic sisters out there. You can get married in her church since the woman's church is usually used for the wedding but after that return to your church. If she doesn't agree then leave her and look for someone else.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
Malawian:

All the same, What Christ said there was very straight forward!! Youare free to inteprete it the way you want. At least Catholics are doing something about that directive, whether we are doing it right is left for Christ to decide. What are you pentecostals doing about that directive? Do you choose which directive to obey and which not to obey?

Honestly, you cant be in a position to judge catholics if you have never been one. I can't be bothered what people think about my Catholism, It is my life, not yours and my spirit totally agrees with Catholism. Mind you, i have been to so many Pentecostal Churches, usually by invitation, but i always find myself back in the Catholic Church and for good reasons as well.

The last three girl i asked to marry me were all in this Catholic/Pentecostal stuff, with the last one even saying stuff like how she cant go from "Bible Believing Church" to whatever it was that she calledthe Catholic Church. I Think it was not funny to her when i dumped her less than a week later.

The babe i am with now is also nota Catholic, she started with that Catholic/Pentecostal stuff and i shut her down right away. I have made it clear to her that she does not have to be Catholic to marry me and that she does not have to be Catholic ever if she don't want.

But me, I am Catholic!! that is one truth about me that will remain constant till i depart this life! To each his own.

I was born and raised a Catholic, you’ve just got to ask questions , but now am neither Pentecostal or anything. I choose to Leave religion.

I belong to Christ and him alone till the Day I pass out from this Earth
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Biglittlelois(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

There it is. It's not a prayer.

You're only beseeching Mary to pray for you.

Some of yall do it with your dead pastors. But when Catholics do it with saints it's blasphemy.

Idiots.

When they start to insult know that their point is baseless, this one above is an example

When your Rev. call on the recitation of the rosary dont y'all kneel down and close your eyes in intercession? is that not prayer? why do you beseech Mary? she was just a human being like you and i who God used to bring his Son to the world so why call her Mother of God? isnt that blasphemy? why do y'all kneel down and worship her graven image? beseech her from now till tomorrow, she cannot intercede for y'all, Jesus christ said "no one comes to the father except through me".

As for the pentecoastal pastors y'all love to insult, go ahead, we dont have an idol or graven image of them all around churches where people kneel down for intercession, we dont have rosary recitation of any of them, we dont kneel down holding beads in the hand saying " Hail Oyedepo, Adeboye or Kumuiyi son of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death" doesnt even make rational sense?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mabea: 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
... But is it nt d same God we are serving?, believe with ur hrt and stop puting religion on head lyk Jerri can
Whatever i may want to say will not make sense to you because you are not wired to understand it now
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rozaytee: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
wen will Christians learn dat we all serve one God... in our own different kind of way irrespective of our church..... and stop all dis stupid church discrimination
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Still waiting for a catholic to read this and tell me what it means to them:

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God...

— Exodus 20:4-5 (KJV)

Una sure say we dey read the same bible? Or does catholic have their own?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
giles14:
mister man you are not a Catholic so shiiiii
I guess u prefer
Hail Pastor, pray for us Sinners
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Getikebusy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
THUNDER4real:
Spirituality is very important in marriage, two cannot work together unless they agree. It's better to have a failed relationship/courtship than a failed marriage. If the lady cannot concur with you spiritually, let her go, and it's same the other way.

This must be a winners member. Best comment thus far. Go with this advice. Although I don't support Catholicism, never had and never would. But you are the man to choose your wife. Go with one that agrees to your ideals. Very important.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ugogabriel(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2018
My brother I will simply advice you don't succumb to such things because you won't finish up what you started. I once faced the same situation from a girl I already engaged and I simply stood my ground and walked away. Today am happily married to a far more beautiful, loving and understanding woman who accepted me as a Catholic. Don't be decieved. One day she will tell you to chase away your family members all in the name of love. Forget about her. She will do you more harm than good

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by lyrose(f): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
As for me I believe that Pentecostal churches are more commited and encouraging to their members,all those knee down,stand up,knee down again,you will see a guy flirting,on Sunday morning he will fold his hand''so holy""to collect holy communion in catholic,this disgust me that I left Catholic church now a winner, please marry her in her church,
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Joshzion(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that means you wouldn't have married at all if you were born between 60ad and 1880ad, because all the Christian churches from the beginning till 1500 were similar to Catholic church, Protestant church began in the 16th century and their worship style then was similar to that of Catholics, Pentecostalism began 200 years ago, more like a recent movement.

You have to recheck your understanding of Boring
Probably there was no choice in the 90s but anyway no discrimination of churches
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

When they start to insult know that their point is baseless, this one above is an example

When your Rev. call on the recitation of the rosary dont y'all kneel down and close your eyes in intercession? is that not prayer? why do you beseech Mary? she was just a human being like you and i who God used to bring his Son to the world so why call her Mother of God? isnt that blasphemy? why do y'all kneel down and worship her graven image? beseech her from now till tomorrow, she cannot intercede for y'all, Jesus christ said "no one comes to the father except through me".

As for the pentecoastal pastors y'all love to insult, go ahead, we dont have an idol or graven image of them all around churches where people kneel down for intercession, we dont have rosary recitation of any of them, we dont kneel down holding beads in the hand saying " Hail Oyedepo, Adeboye or Kumuiyi son of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death" doesnt even make rational sense?

You have made no sense.

First I do not see the word "idiot" as an insult. I have only described your demograph.

Now we don't worship graven images. We don't pray to Mary or other saints. It's only intercessory like I said before. You may choose to misconstrue it, that is your business. You may wail from now till next year it doesn't make your opinion any more right.

Why do you even feel you're saying the truth? Why was there need for Moses to make a serpent out of copper or a need for an ark of convenant? I could go into more examples.

These are things you need understand. It's not blasphemy. I don't see it as such. I have never seen anyone praying to a statue, not even the priest, not even the pope. Christianity has a lot of traditionality surrounding it otherwise you wouldn't be going to church on a Sunday.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
lyrose:
As for me I believe that Pentecostal churches are more commited and encouraging to their members,all those knee down,stand up,knee down again, you will see a guy flirting,on Sunday morning he will fold his hand''so holy""to collect holy communion in catholic,this disgust me that I left Catholic church now a winner, please marry her in her church,

This is stupid.

That you were too dumb and lazy to continue with the "knee down, stand up" doesn't in anyway invalidate it.

I don't see the big deal in Pentecostalism.

The emboldened only establishes your presence in the hall of fame of dimwittedness. Like people don't flirt in Winners. You're telling him to marry her in her church but it's obvious they already had sex before marriage so of what then makes her church any special?

I left Pentecostal for the Catholic church so it's not like you pulled the greatest stunt ever.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
Getikebusy:

This must be a winners member. Best comment thus far. Go with this advice. Although I don't support Catholicism, never had and never would. But you are the man to choose your wife. Go with one that agrees to your ideals. Very important.

I can understand your grouse with Catholicism.

The same issue I have with people who attend churches only to be blackmailed into paying tithes or the Lord won't give them financial blessings. Something I've never heard in all my years of attending Catholic churches.

But the hypocrisy in Pentecostalism is outstanding. Back in the 60s and 70s these churches used to demean the Catholic church for celebrating the Holy Eucharist (communion). They called it all sorts of names. Now these same churches have what they stylishly call "communion service". And you think any sane person would want to be Pentecostal?

There is spirituality everywhere. The Holy Spirit is not the resident of any church. I know lots of Catholics who are very spiritual. Very Very.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Biglittlelois(f): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You have made no sense.

First I do not see the word "idiot" as an insult. I have only described your demograph.

Now we don't worship graven images. We don't pray to Mary or other saints. It's only intercessory like I said before. You may choose to misconstrue it, that is your business. You may wail from now till next year it doesn't make your opinion any more right.

Why do you even feel you're saying the truth? Why was there need for Moses to make a serpent out of copper or a need for an ark of convenant? I could go into more examples.

These are things you need understand. It's not blasphemy. I don't see it as such. I have never seen anyone praying to a statue, not even the priest, not even the pope. Christianity has a lot of traditionality surrounding it otherwise you wouldn't be going to church on a Sunday.

If you think that is my demograph, then your level of intelligence is beyond redemption

It seems you do not know the difference between valid truthful points and wailing, you need to educate yourself more on that.

Now you are bringing up the Old Testaments, that was the time of the Prophets, we are in the time of Grace, Moses was instructed by God to make a serpent, nowhere in the Bible was it stated by God that Mary should intercede for anyone, the Ark of Convenant was a symbol that God was in their midst, Jesus Christ came and died for us so He is always with us everywhere and in our heart, so Mr. man, your examples are baseless

Christianity does not have a lot of traditionality instead Catholic has a lot of traditionality right from the Early Church, alot of these Catholic rites were abolished in the Old days cause of the havoc it caused, now y'all have a secular Pope who is trying really hard to be politically correct, i'm pretty sure if the Pope should stop of use graven images and saying "Mary Mary" all the time y'all will bring out points to back him.

Lastly going to church is not a tradition, it was explicitly stated in the Bible that "where 2 or 3 are gathered in my Name, i will be there in their midst" case in point the churches or "Synagogue" as it is called in the time of Old.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Rita0661: 7:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
Be a man if truly she love she will do what u want just to be with u.
If this is happening before the marriage what will happen after the marriage it means u most do her will meaning she can't steak to ur command.

Ur decision now will tell u how ur marriage will be.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Slimynonny: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
Auladimeji:
I love that lady,if you can't leave your church because of her,she should not leave her church because of you.You don't have two heads likewise your church
A woman has no church until she is married. Besides if she starts now to dictate for him what will become of him if they are married. Moreso she can still attend her so called church after their wedding. Church this and church that is never a problem when get there in Heaven, its how well you lived your life here on earth. I dont just understand some ladies though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

My Beautiful Wedding Pictures / Groom Wept Profusely As His Bride Walked Down The Aisle On Their Wedding / Man Shows Off His Handicapped Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.