Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47562 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Original girlfriend don't comment on
their bf's picture. They monitor the comment section and screen shot the suspicious ones for quarrel.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
LastDays777:

Am glad people knows this already. It's very important so many people are aware. Funny enough people don't take it serious.

fake individuals everywhere.

please which of the popes or is it all 200+
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Zeeche(f): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

Love entails sacrifice. I suggest you guys choose a different Church...A Church that is neither yours nor hers. This way you are both sacrificing for each other because, traditionally, she is supposed to be wedded in her own Church.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by luminouz(m): 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
chiommy123:
I think that lady really loves you and not just that she also cares for your soul. You will be making a dangerous mistake by leaving her

REALLY? Like FUQIN REALLY

OF ALL THE THINGS THAT ALREADY DIVIDE US

Tribal sentiments divide us...now religion AGAIN
when will u humans wake up? U keep setting self-styled boundaries that shackle ur very own selves!!!

WHEN WILL U WAKE THE FUQ UP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
D1zion:
Yes the truth is what if you were a Muslim. My bro I think is better you let her go & get someone who will be ready to marry you irrespective of were you worship. Or whatever God you believe in. As she has started now, what will be the next line of action by the time you marry her. You're a man & as it is the man should be the one that decides whatever happens in marriage.but now that she has started.hmmmm.pls let her go. I know that in heaven there's nothing like church & it's not church that will take you to heaven but your faith. Just like there's no father, mother,brothers & sisters there. So there's no wife too in heaven. No marriage.
thanks alot for this .

next would be me or your mother.

followed by my family or your family.

plain truth is she is not a wife material . mind who you intent to build a family with.

so many righteousness and toxic religious fanatics

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by millionboi2: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
shut up.....xpt u married dat way then u can speak
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by millionboi2: 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
shut up.....xpt u married dat way then u can speak .
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
femi4:
Amos 3:3
Two CANNOT walk together unless they agree

Forget love, it won't work. There ll be friction every time especially when they start having kids
Religion its self can be a barrier i am a christian but sometimes i dont let religion cloud my judgement and if you didnt know the catholic church was established because of jesus christ and his 12 disciples which started in (c.4BC-c.AD30)

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nyceguy92: 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=aragon4realz post=71166006]

Our people say that a woman has no church until she marries.
If the lady cannot marry you because of your denomination, then let her go.

Is she implying that as a family, you attend different worship places on Sunday?
She has already refused your proposal beforehand.

I bet you in future when she becomes more mature, you will no longer be available when she comes calling.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by giles14(m): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
Zeeche:

TRADITIONALLY, She Is Supposed To Be Wedded In Her Own Church.
evidence to prove this your statement.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ollah2: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
When you worship your church rather than God

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Kollysmith(m): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
If she really loves, respects and wants to spend the rest of her life with you, she won't ask you to change your church. This is an intra-faith wedding for God's sake. if we can tolerate one another, then this country will be a better place to live in.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by luminouz(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.
Why don't u open ur eyes and smell d coffee??
Religion is made to enslave humans by humans and for humans....
A Muslim is human like u...so is a JW.....

If u despise them that much,who made them Not the same God who made U

Who will listen to what I'm saying on this planet Who hears my Clarion call to wake up?? Who understands the anguish I feel when I see chaos n war cuz of religion n tribal sentiments?
Who really sees what I see,that humans are nothing but meat to their makers? Forever toiling and suffering to achieve a smidgen of jakkk,only never to fully enjoy it? Who even thinks about how humans,with so much potential are caged,their DNA locked off,brain capacity limited to less than 20%, get where we are??

I feel this n so much more!!!!!! Cuz I'm human but I'm also Alien!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by MDGsVISIBLE: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
Bro....Don't make the greatest mistake of your life by leaving her. God is interested in your kingdom & your soul.
He that findeth a wife....The help meet & favour God has sent to you is just functioning in her office to ensure YOUR safe destination.
Spiritual things can not be logically decoded although men are logically configured.
....Therefore a man shall leave his father & Mother (is the foundational religion inclusive in this case..? Meditate on it) and shall cleave to his wife.
Follow her to the Pentecostal church, be open minded & be decisive about it. You will look back one day & be grateful to God you did.
Stay blesseD.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nightmareo07: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.

One of the best comments
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nightmareo07: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignorant.

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

The best comment

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
luminouz:

Why don't u open ur eyes and smell d coffee??
Religion is made to enslave humans by humans and for humans....
A Muslim is human like u...so is a JW.....

If u despise them that much,who made them Not the same God who made U

I don't hate Muslims or Witnesses. I don't agree with their beliefs and I think it's better to marry someone who shares your beliefs.
Dont twist my words abeg.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Zeeche(f): 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
giles14:
evidence to prove this your statement.

I sincerely don't have evidence to prove the aforementioned. But I do believe that it is supposed to be this way, considering the fact that, traditional marriages are usually done in the lady's compound and not the man's.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Legendkid: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:

The pope will soon be revealed as the false prophet of revelations...

Your stupidity is immeasurable.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nightmareo07: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
Op dont leavebur faith for the woman she should rather leave her for urs.
She is comming to leave under ur roof and bear ur name.
U can't marry a women u call a wife and both of will be attending different churches?
Else there is going to be problem in the future.
Think about ur kids. Think about the division this might create among them.

For the fact they she hates ur church so bad its a serious issue... LOOK FOR ANOTHER !!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Religion its self can be a barrier i am a christian but sometimes i dont let religion cloud my judgement and if you didnt know the catholic church was established because of jesus christ and his 12 disciples which started in (c.4BC-c.AD30)
That's where you are wrong, you focus more on its establishment rather than how they choose to worship today.

You cannot separate a man from his belief and that's religion

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nightmareo07: 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
aragon4realz:

you said it all

Guy look for another..
If u can let's talk on phone or what's app.
A friend of mine was involver in this same issue
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by whitering: 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
sacramento1212:

A lady doesn't have a church until after marriage. Do not accept to change your church to her own church before she agrees to marry you. It just doesn't make any sense. The only solution now is to apply flexibility and she also must be willing to.adjust to make it happen if she truly loves you as she claims.

My advice: Both of you should leave your churches to a different one. You as a Catholic can and she as a pentecostal can decide one church to attend. That's the best you can do and anything contrary to this is not right at all.

Again, do not accept to leave your church to join her own ooo. If you do so, then you are a real pussy man.
A lady doesn't have a church until after marriage. Are you for real?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by luminouz(m): 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
SBL28:

I don't hate Muslims or Witnesses. I don't agree with their beliefs and I think it's better to marry someone who shares your beliefs.
Dont twist my words abeg.
N what made ur own beliefs the right one
If u were born a Muslim or a Buddhist,u will feel ur in the right place too!!!!
There are over 5,000 gods in human existence,what made urs the right one

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Kylekent59: 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
Am a type of guy that sees things from different views.

I have come to realize that many Christians hate the catholic church. I don't know why, or could it be because of their population / unity.

I have heard so many things about the catholic church, so one day I decided to attend their first mass.

Observations:

1. I observed that when the mass is about to commence, a thick bell is rang, and all stands up, then they start with what they call sign of the cross.( father,son and spirit).
Jesus said God is in me and am in God and through the spirit God reaches out to us.
so I think they are right about their faith in accordance to the scriptures.

2. When ever Jesus is mentioned while praying they all bow.

3. The homily, here the priest preaches the the gospel of the day.

4. They break bread, and blessed it, and a cup of wine also will be raised together with the bread and they are gonna be blessed in accordance with the scripture. (Jesus broke bread and gave to his disciples and he told them "do this in memory of me"wink

5. Thanksgiving : where people will bring their fruits/offerings and places it on the alter and the priest will bless it.( Those offering will be used to cater for the orphanage)

7. Announcement / closing prayer which still ends with (in the name of the father,son and spirit)

8. After proper reasoning, I found out that those things used in worship are used to boost their faith and by so doing their faith is at the increase.

That was why Moses made a serpent with a rod and he told the people to look at it and get healed. (He used that serpent rod to boost their faith and that made them healed).

I came back home and I started crying, I was asking myself why are people bad.

I once heard they worship idol but I saw no idol only the cross(which signifies a perfect sacrifice)
Even in the bible,Moses made a serpent idol and told the people to look at it and be healed and they were all healed.

as from that day I said to myself that i won't believe anything I hear not until I go and make my observations.

I stil don't know why people say bad about other churches, they just hear from someone and just believe without even verifying.

At OP please marry someone else, she doesn't deserve you. Please don't abandon your faith.

Kyau dare.

Gobe ne cike

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by herich(m): 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ubenedictus:
again be informed.

nothing pagan in Catholicism
Is not still enough to quote everyone here, by trying to convince them that your belief is not paganistic in doctrine, even if you and your folks travel round the world to preach that Catholic don't engage in idolatry,,,,,,, it won't still change the view of an average non Catholics on how they feel bout Catholic church.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by whitering: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2018
zolajpower:

You see why i hate christiandom and i.like the islam way of worship is because all muslim see them self like one and most Christian see them selves better than other Christians . Now its not about you getting married to a muslim lady ooo but because you are a catholic. My brother wen u marry this lady today only future shall tell. Because if she can start controlling you starting with u changing ur denomination then you dont have a control over her in future. Shes more wiser than u, she has seen the vunerabilities and the inadequacies u possses has a man.
Guy u are the man and as such u need to take the bull by the horn if not your enemy will remain redundant in future

How many shiite have you seen got married to sunnis Muslim?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by whitering: 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
2buffagain:

I am very much informed.
"Through Mary we succeed"...Why not just make up your minds and call yourselves Marians instead of Christians.

Anyway not gonna involve in a religious fight though. That yields nothing.

You are still not informed about Catholic Faith.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Cmanforall: 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
zinnydan:
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw
JW= Jehovah Witness
DL- may also be included.

Fact is religion shouldn't define love. But it's sad that not only religion, but denomination is now involved. Probably from parental influence.
People should wisely up. Your pastor is not gonna live with you in your homes.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
femi4:
That's where you are wrong, you focus more on its establishment rather than how they choose to worship today.

You cannot separate a man from his belief and that's religion
Did GOD tell people to stop praying to the ark of the covenant and not to build a sacred place for it? wasnt it GOD that told the people bitten by snakes to look up to the stick with a snake on it that they will be healed? because you dnt understand catholic doesnt mean you should bash them we didnt go to church to serve church or men of GOD u hear

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Did GOD tell people to stop praying to the ark of the covenant and not to build a sacred place for it? wasnt it GOD that told the people bitten by snakes to look up to the stick with a snake on it that they will be healed? because you dnt understand catholic doesnt mean you should bash them we didnt go to church to serve church or men of GOD u hear
Jesus did

Jn4:21-24

Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 11:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
Mayowa1056:
Both of you should sit down and decide on the church you will be going when you get married..My dad is from Anglican, when he got married he joined RCCG...

I would easily marry an Anglican. Baptist too. Also Methodist. There are very little differences between the protestant Christianisms . What I don't go with is a church that involves itself in the worship of anything that is not God/The Trinity. The catholic church is the most dangerous othodox church as it swallows people up in a sense of religionism while denying the power

If you reason how the devil works and corrupts, it is no surprise they would have executed plans several centuries ago to inject something in christianity in its infancy whereby, "Sure worship your God, but ALSO worship this as well. Here's a logical reason why you should. Carry on". Tactically speaking, it makes total sense to have done this. That is a very obvious strategy he would have enacted a long time ago.

Be careful if you think you stand. You might just be sinking.
Please know that most religious leaders today who say they have heard God, are just doing public relations. God has already written a lot of them off long ago!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Lists Women Who Are Most Likely To Cheat. / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Benue University Student Slaps Man Who Proposed To Her In Lecture Room (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.