Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47471 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Honestly, no church denomination is perfect, and every denomination is basically its own religion at this point. that is why religion itself is a cancer. Jesus Christ is above religion. Today we have churches that the Holy Spirit hasn't even been in since 1998. Just people going through the motions and entertaining or carrying out man-made traditions.

It is also unfortunate that pentecostal church has now been thought to mean prosperity church.
The prosperity church should honestly be another denomination on it's own as much of it was spawned by a subtle greed that grew into an idolization of material success.

The catholic church? It evidently has an issue with idols period. Whoever discounts this is just defending culture/tradition, not scripture. God was firm when he expressed He doesn't want idols made of Him or anything in heaven. You don't know what he looks like, neither do you know what Mary looks like...but you just do all that because that's what your church leaders tell you to do...in stalwart defiance of what God dictated. You haven't gone into the bible for yourself to let the holy spirit teach you, by himself, what is expected of you and things to avoid. For one of many examples... if you guys were truly in truth, marriage for priests would be a choice not a mandate to desist (1 Timothy 4:3). You hear the news everyday what that does to these men...

Whatever floats your boats sha, just know that there is a thin line between doing it right and doing it very very wrong with all these churches....and as the last days come to an end...that line gets ever thinner.

As a christian, your paramount concern is not religion...but your personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit will tell you where you need to go when you detach your soul from religionism and yield only to His instruction.
Those who rely on "church crowd", "My pastor/pope says so", etc in these last days will be gravely disappointed when what's coming hits us.
Jesus himself warned of this.
We will have no-one to blame because our pastor cannot answer for us when that day gets real.
So we owe it to ourselves to strip our religious egos/titles/relationships from all this, seek truth SOLO from God's word, and then apply anew as if we knew nothing before.
see how u wrote those things like God communicated with u personally to lay down those principles. Very funny! The same catholic u chastise and ridicule has the foundation of the so-called Bible u quoted. Who and how they wrote it, u know nothing about. How wat u now belief bcoms the grand norm beats every rational imagination.

Only shallow minds see from one side if the lens. No one knows d right religion but God. Catholics worship idol but when it comes to celebrating Christmas which is a typical idol practice pentecostal churches join in it. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by nelsonnw: 12:54am On Sep 15, 2018
She doesn't love you brother
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 15, 2018
JerryJJZ:
I understand how difficult it might be bro,, but am with her 100% in this. Grant her wish and enjoy a lasting marriage.... She sure have her reasons, and I think I know a couple of it
and her wish supersedes the wishes of the other half? Dat she even sees her religion or denomination as the only way to eternal life shows how ignorant she's. The greatest fool is dat fool who blvs his/her own ways of life is the best and generally accepted way of doing things. A religion passed down to us dat we don't even know d real story behind it, is now a basis of determining marriage, ignorance! Most Christians are no different from Bokoharam jihadist. Their reasoning and fanatism are same.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Apina(m): 1:02am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
see how u wrote those things like God communicated with u personally to lay down those principles. Very funny! The same catholic u chastise and ridicule has the foundation of the so-called Bible u quoted. Who and how they wrote it, u know nothing about. How wat u now belief bcoms the grand norm beats every rational imagination.

Only shallow minds see from one side if the lens. No one knows d right religion but God. Catholics worship idol but when it comes to celebrating Christmas which is a typical idol practice pentecostal churches join in it. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses!
My brother, some persons are just stark ignorant. We set date for Easter every year, they follow us to celebrate, Bible na we give them, Christmas na we get am, even the Calendar used today all over the world the ignorant fellows don't know it all came from the Catholic Church.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
No sane person will have anything to do with Catholic. Stop dragging her into darkness, you can remain there if you ike
u are no different from a Bokoharam terrorist. Ur reasoning are similar. Ur belief and opinion is golden, while that of others is foolishness. Wisdom is a rare gift.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by kingzephyr(m): 1:07am On Sep 15, 2018
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.

Exactly what I was about saying..what have they been doing/talking about since 4 years..
My brother,if you guys can't separate,one of you should bow for the other....Lobatan!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 15, 2018
Apina:

My brother, some persons are just stark ignorant. We set date for Easter every year, they follow us to celebrate, Bible na we give them, Christmas na we get am, even the Calendar used today all over the world the ignorant fellows don't know it all came from the Catholic Church.
don't mind them. And many of them claim to be educated, yet won't reason. U hate the Catholic faith but accepted d Bible passed unto u from d Catholic Church. The catholic cross is an idolatry image, but the pix of their pastor is heavenly. The greatest illiterate is dat illiterate who places his/her own religion above every other thing in life. I'm a Catholic, but I can proudly marry a Buddhist. So far I don't interfere or decide her faith for her. She has a right to freedom of religion. Religious race is a personal thing and not a family thing.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 15, 2018
luminouz:

N what made ur own beliefs the right one
If u were born a Muslim or a Buddhist,u will feel ur in the right place too!!!!
There are over 5,000 gods in human existence,what made urs the right one
don't mind them. They speak with such command like God personally told them the right religion or denomination. People just speak with such confidence like dey know everything, yet they know nothing at all.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 15, 2018
herich:

Is not still enough to quote everyone here, by trying to convince them that your belief is not paganistic in doctrine, even if you and your folks travel round the world to preach that Catholic don't engage in idolatry,,,,,,, it won't still change the view of an average non Catholics on how they feel bout Catholic church.
and who cares about how u people feel about catholics? Like it will make the naira=dollar? A religion u know nothing about, u speak with such confidence like God communicates with u personally..mtchew
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zlatan(m): 1:24am On Sep 15, 2018
Lool... you guys have been having premarital mekwe all this while o, na church come be wahala like say na church go carry Una go heaven grin

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by IYANGBALI: 1:24am On Sep 15, 2018
Let her go jo.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by dokyOloye: 1:30am On Sep 15, 2018
obainojazz:
One girl once told me catholic till she dies, I can't marry a Catholic too..
Awumen for that girl.
She be babe wey sabi.
As for you,lemme reserve my comments grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Slamjamz22(m): 1:33am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

what has the pope got to do with my relationship problems

Bros so na church wan spoil una happiness.... We are really taking this religion thing too far...���

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by okaforlazarus90(m): 1:35am On Sep 15, 2018
Na religion go kill us last for this country. A redeemer cannot marry deeper life, an anglican cannot marry a catholic, a jehovah witness cannot marry from any other church. I thought all these churches serve the same God and preach from the same bible. Well I guess I was wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Biglittlelois(f): 1:35am On Sep 15, 2018
zolajpower:

You see why i hate christiandom and i.like the islam way of worship is because all muslim see them self like one and most Christian see them selves better than other Christians . Now its not about you getting married to a muslim lady ooo but because you are a catholic. My brother wen u marry this lady today only future shall tell. Because if she can start controlling you starting with u changing ur denomination then you dont have a control over her in future. Shes more wiser than u, she has seen the vunerabilities and the inadequacies u possses has a man.
Guy u are the man and as such u need to take the bull by the horn if not your enemy will remain redundant in future

This is why i hardly comment on anything religion on NL, must you compare Christianity to Islam there are diff. sects in Islam and the sunna and shiite dont see themselves as one at all, infact sunna see themselves above all other sects in the world, next time just comment on the topic alone and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by automatix: 1:41am On Sep 15, 2018
Rosay15:
We Christian ve problem I swear, so wat if u are a Muslim. I believe our happiness is wat matters alot and we can marry whosoever we like cus I believe dis religion of a tin doesn't worth it, only God knws who is serving him.
U guys can still wed and go to different church cus I dnt see big deal in it.
it is not just Christian thing. Most of these people don't follow God's ways. They don't practice what they preach.

They are deceiving themselves.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Biglittlelois(f): 1:42am On Sep 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Show me any Catholic who prays to Mary.

Son you gonn learn today.

I want to learn so explain this prayer:

"Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen"
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2018
If you Both truly worship God in spirit and in Truth
Then this shouldn’t be an issue
God is Love remember.
Forget religion, it really has a veil over our eyes.
We need to get Connected to God in spirit and in Truth inother for that veil to be removed.

~I pray for those bound by a religious spirit to be set free to faithfully serve our Living God in Spirit and in Truth. Do not defend your ‘religious spirit and man’s traditions, over God’s Word and the Holy Spirit. Read God’s Word so you will Know. If you truly seek the Truth, He will show you. ��

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 15, 2018
She’s entitled to her prerogative.

Go find another lass. Or better yet go make more money “na dem go rush you.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 2:03am On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

"Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen"

Rosary
Emblem
Regalia etc.
Created by different religious denominations
All of those things are just craps.

Worship God in Spirit and in Truth
Seek him with your whole heart and you shall find Him.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by ejyk375: 2:06am On Sep 15, 2018
if she can't follow u to ur church, then I will advice u to run for ur life. That marriage won't work.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 2:12am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:
don't mind them. And many of them claim to be educated, yet won't reason. U hate the Catholic faith but accepted d Bible passed unto u from d Catholic Church. The catholic cross is an idolatry image, but the pix of their pastor is heavenly. The greatest illiterate is dat illiterate who places his/her own religion above every other thing in life. I'm a Catholic, but I can proudly marry a Buddhist. So far I don't interfere or decide her faith for her. She has a right to freedom of religion. Religious race is a personal thing and not a family thing.

Not saying you can’t marry a Buddhist , but remember that the keyword here is Religion and you know that it won’t work because there are things restricted by your religion that is accepted by her religion.
And you know what happens in a marriage where athe husband and the wife doesn’t agree on some things, it will always have a very negative effect on the union.
And doesn’t end well.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 2:24am On Sep 15, 2018
franciskaine:

And Secondly if you say that “They hate the Catholic but accepted the Bible passed unto them from the Catholic Church”

Then why is the Catholic Church going contrary against what the Bible they passed unto those that hate them says.
Don’t you think youre the one being deceived here bro.

It is obvious that none of these denominations are going after Sound Doctrine which is the Word of God.

Be spiritually awoken , be of a Sound mind and go after Sound Doctrine (Word of God) In Spirit and In Truth.
Stay Blessed
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by spiceadole: 2:31am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

She should be the doing that for you because you are who?
Lol... This guy dey dream o.

It's not always about s3x, it's about compatibility and commitment indeed.
Why were you having s3x with her na?

I hope she doesn't bulge.
You are self centred and egoistic.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by spiceadole: 2:33am On Sep 15, 2018
kingzephyr:

Exactly what I was about saying..what have they been doing/talking about since 4 years..
My brother,if you guys can't separate,one of you should bow for the other....Lobatan!!!

They were busy chopping premarital kpekus.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 2:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

And I would always wonder why and how would Mary pray for at the hour of death.
That means they never believed that Christ died on the cross of Calvary for the sins of mankind and rose on the third day and He being the key to Eternal Life, The one Mediator Between God and Man.

First Timothy 2:5 shares, "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus."
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 2:37am On Sep 15, 2018
With Love

~I pray for those bound by a religious spirit to be set free to faithfully serve our Living God in Spirit and in Truth. Do not defend your ‘religious spirit and man’s traditions, over God’s Word and the Holy Spirit. Read God’s Word so you will Know. If you truly seek the Truth, He will show you.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by emalistic(m): 2:39am On Sep 15, 2018
The truth is u don't need advise but she need it... A year ago I battle with my wife on which church we should settled down after our wedding... I laugh and am plain on it, I told her thats is where I can make heaven... Today she's really doing exploits in the lord in Catholic.. If she is carrying light let her come n show it.. When she settled down with u ensure u belongs to society that can make her better�� Like Charismatics, Attend Youth and carry God in head not church

aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Malawian(m): 2:42am On Sep 15, 2018
If you are not a Catholic, marry one. grin grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Malawian(m): 2:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Vicvalentine:

And I would always wonder why and how would Mary pray for at the hour of death.
That means they never believed that Christ died on the cross of Calvary for the sins of mankind and rose on the third day and He being the key to Eternal Life, The one Mediator Between God and Man.

First Timothy 2:5 shares, "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus."

John 19:25-27

In case, you weren't following, the "Mother" in that episode was still the same Virgin Mary.

We Catholics can't come and disobey Christ.

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by zolajpower: 3:01am On Sep 15, 2018
Biglittlelois:

This is why i hardly comment on anything religion on NL, must you compare Christianity to Islam there are diff. sects in Islam and the sunna and shiite dont see themselves as one at all, infact sunna see themselves above all other sects in the world, next time just comment on the topic alone and move on.
Why are u pained madame? Ask ur self this question ooo if the lady in question is daughter ,sister ,cousin and close relations will u allow her to treat her fiance like that?
Instead of u to see the reason behind her stupid ,actions and excuse as being malicious and crazy u are jumping up and down every thread to see who has derailed the original thread because of Christianity
------ Bf now majority of u will come here and give excuses such as he slapped me a day to our traditional wedding, should i go ahead and marry him,
-------- his mother is a witch should i turn down the marriage proposal ,
----------- i find out he was married and has children ,so i called off the wedding

( because you ladies feel the only platform to pour your marital challenges is to either come to nairaland and or twitter to spew the above gibberish )

And now this ,the guy's unforgivable sin is that he refused to leave the church he was born and raised . As if the ticket to being a better husband is to attend your fiancée's church before wedding or u must not come from the Catholic ( where other denominations see them as cult members)

Or assuming the young man happens to be your brother what will b your reactions ?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Vicvalentine: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2018
Malawian:

John 19:25-27

In case, you weren't following, the "Mother" in that episode was still the same Virgin Mary.

We Catholics can't come and disobey Christ.

I can never ever deny Virgin Mary been the earthly Mother of Jesus , she was Favoured by God because of how dedicated she is to Him.
She has the fear of the Lord in her and as a true follower of Christ
I think we should Emulate her lifestyle on how she lived, honored and served God while she was alive.

Not coming up with some false claims about how she invented rosary and how the rosary has promised to those who pray it daily, that’s total idolizing and regarding to someone who served God truthfully during her lifetime, coming up with that kind of ideology about praying with some beads.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? / Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / Slay Mamas In Bikinis Twerk To Davido's N1M #BumBumchallenge At The Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.