Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47487 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by KingMicky3286: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Am just confused, what shall I do? I need help

Marry a woman that meets your standard. Dont marry a woman that wants to give you 10 commands from Mosses to study.

You are already signing your divorce certificate as you can see her nagging attitude now..

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Evince(m): 12:01am On Sep 15, 2018
How church this church that be decieving u guys. Did ur forefathers know about any church. this religion is evil live by love and stop churching(sic) around. U guys are bunch of misplaced priorities
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by LastDays777: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2018
giles14:
fake individuals everywhere.

please which of the popes or is it all 200+

Look into St. Malachy prophecy about the 112 pope he saw in a vision. Proven to be accurate for the last 111 popes
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:02am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
Jesus did

Jn4:21

Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Neither on this mountain or jerusalem good so JESUS didnt mention which church GOD spirit go fly GO or which part of christianity em spirit fly go

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 93Miles: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:
I met this girl 4years back and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, things have been pretty well and we love each other very much, we have our ups and down but we makeup for it. I love her so much I could do anything for her and she loves me too in her own special kind of way.

The problem now is that am planning on proposing to her in a couple of weeks, I even stylishly measured her ring size and I have been visiting some jewelry stores to pick the perfect ring for her and also planning some surprise engagement party/get together for her but the thing is that she hates my church (catholic).

She is Anglican by birth but she attends one of the pentecostal churches which I don't want to mention,
we have been talking about this church of a thing for the past 3 months now and she has sworn never to get married in the Catholic Church and I can't leave my church because of this.

I even stopped talking or texting her for some couple of days now but today she texted me saying that "I should do this one thing for her by leaving my church" and even said it to my face that I should not propose to her when the time comes cos she will say no because of this.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Galaticos444: 12:04am On Sep 15, 2018
mechanics:
It means you don't love her, if you really love her, you will do what she says.
u ar a weak man 4making such statement I guess u ar about to write waec.wot kind of man ar u,even d bible says women should b submissive and u want d op to fall 4her manipulation so dat she will keep manipulating him 4 d rest of his life,shame on u
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by allanphash7(m): 12:04am On Sep 15, 2018
How about an atheist?

Can you marry one?
SBL28:
My first question, why did it take you guys so long to visit the topic

Yoruba people will say "if you won't eat something, don't even raise it to your nose to smell it".

I can't marry a Muslim so I won't date a Muslim. I can't marry a JW so I won't date one. It is as simple as that.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 12:05am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Neither on this mountain or jerusalem good so JESUS didnt mention which church GOD spirit go fly GO or which part of christianity em spirit fly go
You still don't get it,

Jesus made it clear that you don't need to go to Mountain or Jerusalem or carry ark of covenant to feel God's presence

Don't stereotype God!

Perhaps you don't believe that Jesus came with a better covenant

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2018
LastDays777:

Really?
Am talking about Jorge Mario Bergoglio(the first Jesuits)

Look into St. Malachy prophecy about the 112 pope he saw in a vision. Proven to be accurate for the last 111 popes
we get 266 pope so watin do 112 popes?

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:10am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
You still don't get it,

Jesus made it clear that you don't need to go to Mountain or Jerusalem or carry ark of covenant to feel God's presence

Don't stereotype God!
so na catholic dy carry stuffs to feel GODS presence? wait i wan ask you oo before religion come africa watin come happen to the primitive humans? dem die go hell ne?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by allanphash7(m): 12:11am On Sep 15, 2018
Can you tell me that thing which is greater than LOVE?

If none the she doesn't love you for real because if she does love you she won't choose her faith over a fuvcking faith

Love is the real GOAT

Faith/Religion just dash your hipe on someone/something that gives you happiness

I vigorously SMH when i read things like this because people of religious faith are so myopic

Fuvck religion..... Fuvck faith

Really angry on you both
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 12:12am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
so na catholic dy carry stuffs to feel GODS presence? wait i wan ask you oo before religion come africa watin come happen to the primitive humans? dem die go hell ne?
Those that existed in the days of law shall be judge according to the law
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
You still don't get it,

Don't stereotype God!
And you know what sometimes i keep asking my self if adam and eve were the first on earth then how we take get plenty races and if religion started frm the middle east then how come human migration began from africa? and how come dinosaur existed but was never mentioned in the bible ummh?

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:16am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
Those that existed in the days of law shall be judge according to the law
So people wey never know religion GOD go punish them abi? weldone grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 12:17am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
And you know what sometimes i keep asking my self if adam and eve were the first on earth then how we take get plenty races and if religion started frm the middle east then how come human migration began from africa? and how come dinosaur existed but was never mentioned in the bible ummh?
It never existed, do your research well. It was a myth
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:18am On Sep 15, 2018
mamaafricas1:
MARRY ME NA
HOES everywhere
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 12:19am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
So people wey never know religion GOD go punish them abi? weldone grin
I used "judge", you used "punish".... English must be hard sha
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:20am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
It never existed, do your research well. It was a myth
So all the bones wey dy ground wey dem dy dig up na cow bones abi? weldone grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by femi4: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:
So all the bones wey dy ground wey dem dy dig up na cow bones abi? weldone grin
if you don't have proof, forever hold your peace
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:22am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
I used "judge", you used "punish".... English must be hard sha
Ask yourself how noah and co take populate different races,how human migration begun from africa
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 12:24am On Sep 15, 2018
AlphaStyles:

Obviously The world was vigorously populated by incest.
Much like the way some disgusting white people (hillbillies) in the southern parts of the US still breed with their cousins.

Thankfully, this is an inconvenience no one today has to deal with.

When you look at biblical geniologies, only males were listed. Surely, women were being born too. That's where their wives came from.
Both adam and eve each had a potent mix of genes. I would even go as far as saying that they were both interracial down to a genetic level.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:24am On Sep 15, 2018
femi4:
if you don't have proof, forever hold your peace
Lmao go google and type dinosaur bones found or go musuem for us or europe or asia go see proof grin
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 12:26am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:

Obviously The world was vigorously populated by incest.
Much like the way some disgusting white people (hillbillies) in the southern parts of the US still breed with their cousins.
Thats just gross
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 15, 2018
Bidobado1:

It was sarcasm.
But how could you guys allow an ordinary building with name tags and silly regalia impact so much on the future of you two. Your love for each other and belief in God is enough.. Why are you two acting as if it's a merseyside derby.
Lala where are you? Please serve this man a cold Coca-Cola.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by herich(m): 12:28am On Sep 15, 2018
LadySarah:
I'm sure either the op or his fiancee is from Anambra or mbaise,IMO state.They carry catholic matter for head like gala. grin
From emekuku down to mbaise, are 95% Catholic.
If Anglicans, assemblies of God's church and other few churches, in that area, tell you wetin them use their eye see in those days,,, in the hands of
their brothers, sisters, uncles, fathers.(Catholic) before they were able to succeed.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mechanics(m): 12:30am On Sep 15, 2018
Galaticos444:
u ar a weak man 4making such statement I guess u ar about to write waec.wot kind of man ar u,even d bible says women should b submissive and u want d op to fall 4her manipulation so dat she will keep manipulating him 4 d rest of his life,shame on u
Am not bro, i know what am saying, a friend of mine got married to a woman in Living Faith and he was a Catholic and am sure he swore not to worship in another church, but Atlas the story change, he's now worshipping in his wife's church, if he won't do, he should let her be.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

You got the answer to your proposal already. Why are you still stressing.
When we search for spouse, we search for compatibility.
When it comes to religion, you guys are not compatible.
You still wanna risk it?

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Tonybills(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2018
aragon4realz:

my brother stand by your faith and what you believe. you are a man and by all right she suppose to listen to your instructions and follow suits if she loves you.
catholic church is not bad. she is the foundation of this Pentecostal now.
Hold strong to your faith and don't be a church prostitute.not all that glitters are gold.
tomor now she will carry you to another one like that like that...............be wise man

say no yo all this girl that worship their pastors more than their husband and fiancee

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
j don't blame you, I was born and brought up in Catholics but the lord showed me a better way to serve him.

Hail mary, pray for us sinners what is that to you? I only have one scripture for you

Acts17:30

I attended Redeem for a while till God showed me the way too.

We can all play that card.

I understand that knowledge varies. Obviously your IQ can't understand things that go on in the church, hence you'd leave. it's normal. it happens. it has happened. it will keep happening. so there's nothing special there.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 15, 2018
2buffagain:
Why do you people get into marriage-focused relationships that you have no intentions of finalizing properly?

Catholicism is a religion.
Pentecostalism is too, but it is less a typical religion like Catholicism, which relies on too many peganistic traditions that put Christ on the sideline.

Catholicism is a dangerous thing to be into in these last days.
Come out of it.

@bolded. Can you imagine? Case in point...

Really? You made sense?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Collysmith: 12:35am On Sep 15, 2018
remember as somebody that u want to spend your life with do not allow her to start blackmailing you bcuase of faith, if you do she will hold on it in future, be a man make your decision and let it be final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / Slay Mamas In Bikinis Twerk To Davido's N1M #BumBumchallenge At The Beach / Best Love Songs Top 20 (my Favourites)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73