Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) (183863 Views)

A Nigerian Couple Give Birth To A Blond Hair / Blue-eyed White Baby / Black Parents Give Birth To White Baby. / Black Parents: White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by DualCore1: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2010
This is just an albino with a twist  grin lipsrsealed

On the other hand this is what my graphical mind is thinking.
Abeg no carry this image commot NLand, I'm presently doing time for making one of obama's pic look like he was watching hardcore pron on his PDA.  tongue

morpheus24:

@All
Please you guys should do some studies on genetics. It is most likely the parents are carriers of the defective OCA gene which eliminates the ablity to produce melanin in both hair, skin and eye color.

The one in four rule will place this child in a good probability analysis to appear as such. you can see it is also likely the small girl in  the picture is a carrier possbly of a lesser form of the OCA gene as is evident in her skin tone.  

These parents do not necessarily have to have any European dna in them to produce this child since African genotype variations are older than european genotype variations. The same is true for sickle cell anameia

So because I no go school naw you wan show yourself abi?  angry
All this thing u're saying is it not that its an albino situation?

Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by chibaby5(f): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
shocked Oh ma dayzzz ds is unbelievable!
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
That is an albino child.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Ivynwa(f): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
Morpheus

I already said that! That girlchild simply has no melanin, her features are black features not white (the lips and nose and face structure are like ours).
She may not be an albino as the doctors said but the whiteness of her skin shows that she simply does not have melanin like us in the tropical region. I am proud of that woman's husband, a little medical problem like this can send the family members scattered in all direction like some people are already threatening here. I am glad mature people like that mister still exist, very glad.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by cap28: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
The irish couple who had a "black" child due to a mix up in sperm samples by the hospital claimed that the mistake (the black child) has completely destroyed their lives as everywhere they go , people laugh at the man and make nasty jokes about his wife's infidelity.

here is his account of how his life went downhill:

[b]When ten-year-old Michael Williams climbs into his father Keith's arms for a goodnight cuddle, he will often ask the same dreaded question: 'Why am I brown?' Looking up into his father's blue eyes and taking in his light brown hair and fair skin, his son will then ask: 'How can I make myself lighter, like you?'
Keith doesn't know how to answer these questions, so he'll make a joke about how Michael was delivered by a stork or that he was found under a gooseberry bush. Anything to avoid having to tell him the truth.
For the reality is that not only was Michael conceived via IVF using donor sperm, but there was a terrible mix-up when the wrong sperm was mistakenly used by the hospital fertility clinic the couple attended in their hope of becoming parents.

Caring: Keith and Catherine with their children, who were conceived using sperm from a Cape Coloured man. Their faces have been obscured at their own request.
The result is that while Keith, 47, and his 46-year-old wife Catherine are white, their son is black. To add to their distressing situation, their 13-year-old daughter Susan, conceived three-and-a-half years earlier than their son in the same manner - and bizarrely with the same sperm donor - is light-skinned.
Instead of fertilising Catherine's eggs with 'White Caucasian' donor sperm, as the couple had requested and, they say, been promised, a staff member at the Regional Fertility Centre at Belfast's Royal Victoria Hospital accidentally used donor sperm marked 'Caucasian Cape Coloured'.
South African in origin, the sperm's racial make-up is a mixture of white, black and Malay, which means children born from it can be either black or white. This accounts for the difference in colour between the Williams siblings, who - although born three years apart - came from the same batch of fertilised eggs.
In a letter dated October 2003 to the Williams family - to protect the children's identities, the Mail has changed their names - the Regional Fertility Centre offered the couple an 'unreserved apology' for the mistake over the labelling.
It stated: 'Normal practice would be that only sperm from White Caucasian donors would be requested, unless a couple of a different race were being treated.'
Even more disturbingly, the hospital admitted the Williamses were among a number of couples treated at the Regional Fertility Centre (RFC) who, according to the letter, also 'achieved pregnancy as a result of using a particular batch of such donor sperm' - presumably with the same unexpected consequences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192717/Why-I-dark-daddy-The-white-couple-mixed-race-children-IVF-blunder.html#ixzz0uG9dmz00[/b]
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by samsanyus(m): 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2010
Iya omo, lomo baba omo. Foul play, Ben, don't let them remove your trousers and give you skirt with all these their medical jargons. Do DNA for all your children as well
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by eldee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
No one is saying this is bad or anything . . . but the British press will jump at any story without confimation.
Let's wait for the result of the DNA test first before we throw the party.

It's not that hard.

We can all recall the case of the UK's 'youngest father' where they made a big deal about an 11 year old dad till they found out they were wrong.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by morpheus24: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
bgees:

The OCA gene causes albinism only. And albinos don't have blonde hair and coloured eyes.

You need to reread that statement about not having blond hair and coloured eyes.

If you test this childs genetic markers they will cluster with 99.9% west African DNA sampling. Same goes for the parents. Stop believing sensational stories,
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Princek12(m): 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2010
All these liars. I think an oyinbo phucked his wife, so now she wants to claim miracle baby.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Aitty(f): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2010
How come? lipsrsealed
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by jude33084(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
when a white baby is born, usually they dont have hair trust me on this, but this one is definitely an albino. Look at her hair,, a new born baby?, thats african style no white lol cool
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by TmeD0(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
Recessive gene ko, miracle ni!

rubbish! abeg, like someone said earlier, somebody's got some splaining to do here o jare.

how come nothing's been mentioned about a dna test?

abi oga Ben dey fear to hear the truth. . .perhaps there's more to this story than is being presented?

eldee:

No one is saying this is bad or anything . . . but the British press will jump at any story without confimation.
Let's wait for the result of the DNA test first before we throw the party.

It's not that hard.

We can all recall the case of the UK's 'youngest father' where they made a big deal about an 11 year old dad till they found out they were wrong.

snap bro! i remember that story and if my memory serves me correctly, it's this same sun that featured that story sometime last year (i believe?)

so, that story was proven to be false?  i  knew that crap get too many k-leg then just like this one.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by jude33084(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
, but she is so cut with her blond hair, aaawww smiley
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by fyneguy: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2010
Rooney's Çhild undecided
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by ladyju(f): 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2010
DNA test, plz!
seconded
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by SUKKIE(m): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2010
lady j u:

DNA test, plz!
seconded

ASAP ,something aignt right here.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by lojik(m): 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
Tough time calls for tough actions.
[size=14pt]DNA Test. Period![/size]
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by nellaluv(f): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2010
The wife is a suspect. . .
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by MissyB1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
Dual core,
You're not serious. . . . . Who wrote on the photo? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by rebranded(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
Kerewa video

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/m8PFYnVs5M0[/flash]
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by olaolabiy: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
as they informed us the baby is definitely not albino, then i have to sing barrister's song and the woman has to dance.
it goes thus:

mo ri ree (x2)

mo ri ree oooo

oyinbo yan mi l'ale , mo l'oyun mo b'imo
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by demoore1(m): 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
This reminds me of a couple in my village way back with both AA genotype giving birth to AS child. SOME THING IS WRONG SOME WHERE.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by malali: 11:58pm On Jul 20, 2010
only God knows how many women have imposed kids on their husbands,if she had been living in lagos, who would have known,the original father will even come to the christening he will dance and drink more beer than the husband
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by malali: 12:03am On Jul 21, 2010
see my daddy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by WackyJ1(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2010
Lets look at the child carefully shall we.
1) she is not an albino, its quite obvious due to the even skin colour on the face and no red patches.
2) Blue eye colour is extremely uncommon in black children even if they were born light skinned, they usually have light brown or dark eyes. This also supports the no 1 claim
3) Lets take a look at the blonde hair.
a) it has a certain shimmer to it, a certain deeper(not darker) blonde that is not common in Nigerian Light skinned, fair hair babies.
b) her hair crops around her head and looks relaxed unlike the fuzzy or wooly light coloured hair that some babies or born with.
3) That the baby is of the mother can be proved by the nose of the child, notice that the baby has the same nose as its siblings and its mother.
4) From the colour of her skin the baby looks less likely to be tanned by the the sun as she doesn't seem to be a product of a recessive gene.
5) i don't know what to say about the man he seems a little odd in that picture, the children resemble the mother more than the father.
Minor features to be taken note of include, the shape of the lips of the baby, eyebrows and head.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by pckid: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2010
Doctor Explain How Black Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby. Read at http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/07/black-parents-give-birth-to-white-blue-eyed-baby/
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Redman44(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2010
I think a DNA test should be conducted and this should cover all the children. I'm not accusing the woman of anything but some women cannot be trusted. It is also possible that the baby will become darker as she grows up. This is really a strange occurence shocked shocked shocked    I remember growing up in Ikeja, Lagos State, and there was this girl living on our street. She looked very European but her parents were black from the Yoruba tribe. This girl spoke yoruba fluently and played with other children. We accepted her as our friend and a Nigerian but she looked very different from us. I also remember coming across a Mixed-Race girl while I was in secondary School in Ogun State. Her mum was German and her dad was Nigerian. She had a brother called Anthony. This girl lived in Abeokuta and spoke yoruba and english fluently. She should be in her late 20's by now. Let me call this girl Yewande [ She has a yoruba name I can't disclose here ]. If Yewande marries a black man, they will have children that are half-caste. And if their half-case children marry black people, the white genes will keep receding over the years. However, if one of the descendants of Yewande's children marry another person with white genes in their family, they could have a white child.

Since the couple in question have had full black children earlier on, there is something they are hiding from us. Something needs to give.  The truth will come out as time goes on. Hmn.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by soarrogant(m): 12:31am On Jul 21, 2010
this is a big blow to racists grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2010
Does it mean that if we cannot explain or understand something there must be a conspiracy somewhere?

I think the hospital would have conducted a DNA test before bringing this issue to the public. They went as far as seeking a professor of genetics after the doctors has ruled out albinism. Do you guys think the doctors do not know that there could be infidelity?
soarrogant:

this is a big blow to racists grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]

Exactly what I told my friend!
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by Kilode1: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2010
If it's truly confirmed that this child is not an albino, I pity the Hell this woman will catch during Omugwo visit  grin cheesy

Nigerian cultural beliefs can be fun and scary at times.
Re: Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture) by isimili: 1:01am On Jul 21, 2010
Me i no de trust Oyibo too much. make the couple do dna asap. i no go shock say them don use the poor woman and im baby do some experiment. Oyibo na wayo people.

Or may be oyibo don do racism so much so tee God wan show them they no superior to anyone and black fit born oyibo too. Na real wonder o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / How To Get Pregnant With a Boy and Twins / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.