Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. (41999 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Husband Wants To Divorce Me Because I Am Not A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by swaggprofessor(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

I am so confused, what should I do?
Never, I repeat, Never u go on any errand and leave your house under the care of someone you do not know that well ( I meant family linked). Its obviously your not going on an errand for him isnt the cause of his displeasure towards you. My advice is avoid that guy completely he has a hidden agenda which is not good at all, he might be jealous, bitter or even envious of you both.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by bakeuhappy: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2019
MA

I'm really sorry you have to go through this but why should your husbands friend come visiting during work hours when he knows your husband isn't home??

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by MarianaTrench: 11:53am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account to seek for advice as I am confused and crying as I type this. I have been happily married for 4 years with a daughter of 3 and my husband. Not about a week ago, I had issues with one of his friend in his absence in our home. He had this close friend who came visiting on a faithful evening last Monday(I was not strong enough to go to work),he came when my husband wasn't around so I had to leave whatever I was doing to keep him company while we wait for my husband, at some point I offered to get him food, he obliged and ate, it was not upto 30 minutes after eating, he asked me to go buy him card. Politely, I told him I can't as was so tired and weak to walk about 10 minutes under the sun, i suggested to recharge free for him from my bank, he insisted, frowned his face and asked if I was trying to tell him that he can't recharge from his account, I was shocked, he stood up angry and aggressively and drove out of the compound. I didn't utter a word, I was angry but kept calm.

Not until my husband came back, and when I was about to welcome him but, he angrily yield and screamed at me and asked why I had to insult his friend and call him poor. I angrily asked him why he believed his friend without trying to confirm the from me, we deeply quarrelled and he made statement threatening to end the marriage if I cannot respect his friends and his people. I have never disrespected him or any of his friends and family members before, I'm so confused, we have not be conversing and relating well since Monday. I tried to make peace with him as I wasn't comfortable keeping malice with him but he said I will have to apologise to his friend which is something I don't think I can do.

Are you sure you have told us the whole truth?
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit and stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!

Why are you so unfortunate and ridiculously stupid? What has the guy done to deserve thjese insults from u.n Guys like you are the real example of sissy guys that have no life of theri own other than waht pussy dictate for them. Idiot
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Kwinesther: 11:53am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Friends over bitches mehn!!
This guy is not sensible at all. Smh

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by joshjc(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2019
I don't believe this story,the way she painted it is to favour herself, and from her write up may be she's not respecting her husband's friends and family members, you've made your husband angry for awhile, that was the opportunity for him to let it out

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Divay22(f): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
Who's the bitch? Someone's wife?

Are you MAD? What right has he to even send her on an errand in the first place? Is he her boss at work, husband, father or elder brother?

Are you FOOLISH? Why will he even visit and stay with her when the husband isn't around? I'm asking you!

Are you that DUMB? Don't you know what it means to set boundaries and mode in which you should relate to a married friend?

According to OP, she politely suggested another alternative but he turned it down, proving he had something in mind.

And here you are, typing about bitches!

Should I blame your father for this statement you made on someone's wife or should I blame your dusty brain?

It's so pitiful and shocking that after all the promises you made to your parents to be responsible, reasonable and sensible, you ended up as a shallow minded BOY who is ready to suck the scrotum balls of his friends than to protect his wife in cases like this.

C'mon! Will you take your pathetic self out of here!

Nonsense and turninoninown!
Hahahahahahahshhahahahahaha
1000 likes for this comment cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by don4real18(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2019
One thing I have learned in life is that people tend to sugar-coat their own side of the story in order to appear as an angel and paint the other as a devil. It's likely there's more to this story.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Awoo88: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2019
Sorry but your husband na idiot

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Barigaboy(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2019
its nice your are seeking for advice but be careful to choose. Your husband is a nice man believe me. I don't no they way your seeing it right now. a complete and competent husband doesnt side his wife in all cases. he is protecting u in a way only the mature people will no. Be responsible by apologising to his friend. I want you to know today that men talk positive things about there wife and we all want flawless women when we no its not possible. your man knows that sending u card under the sun doesn't make sense but he would have appreciated it if u have gone because they would always talk about it in men gathering. You don't know how his friends wife treat him when he visits either good or bad he want u to be better. go and apologise it doesn't make u bad. respect your man and do what he wants it doesn't make u a slave. don't mind some people r use to abusing when people seek advice here. but its all good enjoy your day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by madridsta007(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

I am not sure bringing your personal issue to a public forum is the right thing to do.
In a relationship, in marriage, apology borne from humility wins, in most cases. So apologize to everyone that "seeks" an apology. In the end, you win.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by hybridblood07(m): 11:57am On Mar 30, 2019
Divorce isn't the solution to misunderstanding or quarrel in a marriage. I agree with what the first guy said. She should apologize to his friend and stay far away from him. Though you've a point but she should apologize to resolve any issue.
JasonScoolari:
So sad you got married to a renowned GAY practitioner.

Never you apologise to that poor monkey, he's definitely a home breaker.

If your husband feels divorce is the best way to go about it, allow him to.... Don't be chickened into doing what you don't want to do for the sake of saving the "Marriage"

We don pass that stage when men go dey threaten their wives with divorce.

That's my wrong advise.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by HabaHaba: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

1. Please don't apologize to his friend. That's an insult to him, just he has refused to grow up from boyhood.
2. Bone your husband,
3. Simply go & tell your pastor or any other elder from his family that he may respect.
4. Still bone him, but ensure you do your chores effectively and with more commitment to him Don't refuse him anything as obligatory of you, but don't speak to him in complaint about his attitude or the matter.
His mind will advise him correctly.

If he wasnt to marry his friend let him divorce you & give that as a reason.
Stewpid baby husband.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Arijude(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
If this story is true.

Then,I'm sorry, you married a man who cannot respect and protect you before his friends.

A man who's not worthy to be called a good husband or father.

You did nothing wrong, but my advice is; If the happiness and unity of your home is so important to you, do as he has insisted by apologising to his friend.

After doing that, make sure you avoid and stay clear from that his friend. He's not happy with your family and can do anything possible to get rid of you by breaking your home. A loyal friend will be sensible enough to know that it's somehow disrespectful to send his friend's wife on such an errand.

Be careful!
Thank you my brother. What gave her husband's friend the impetus to send her on an errand.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Misslagbaja: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

That's for those of you who date/marry bitvhes. Goat!!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by victorazyvictor(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

Your not telling us all as man can not wake up overnight and start having problem with you because of mere altercation between you and his friend. You two has been having problems.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by hybridblood07(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2019
You've sense abeg. God bless you
Xaos:
I think you should apologize.

You have to do this not because you are fault but because you are a wise woman who priorities her families happiness over her own ego.

Make peace while it is in your power to make peace.

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Leksonrob(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:

If you have not lied, the so called friend is a stupid man and don’t be surprised that your husband might have been looking for a means to end the marriage and decided to used the tactic.. I don’t see anything wrong in what happened between you and his friend and what is he doing with you when his friend is not at home.. didn’t he call him before visiting? His the guy also married?
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by tosyne2much(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
I think it was wrong from his friend to send you an errand in the first place but the way you also approached the issue escalated this issue. That the silly friend even went as far as venting his anger on your husband is surprising.

On the other hand, judging from the edited version story that portrays you blameless, to me, you seem like an arrogant woman who walks around with ego. That you even said you can't apologize to his friend for the sake of your marriage tells a lot about you.

Everything is not just about ego.. Sometimes you have to compromise for the sake of peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Mariangeles(f): 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
Some men of this generation are definitely going craycray angry

What nonsense!?

I doubt the OP's husband is straight
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
IamD18:
If this story is true.

Then,I'm sorry, you married a man who cannot respect and protect you before his friends.

A man who's not worthy to be called a good husband or father.

You did nothing wrong, but my advice is; If the happiness and unity of your home is so important to you, do as he has insisted by apologising to his friend.

After doing that, make sure you avoid and stay clear from that his friend. He's not happy with your family and can do anything possible to get rid of you by breaking your home. A loyal friend will be sensible enough to know that it's somehow disrespectful to send his friend's wife on such an errand.

Be careful!
Don’t RUSH to believe LADIES.
Remember they also CRY when LYING

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by udemzyudex(m): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
Thank God you didn't go, how can he frown and drove out just because you said you can't go out to buy card for him.

It shows he has a bad intention, he want you to go out so he can do his evil plan.
I mean how can he come to your house when your husband is not around and even stay, who did he come to visit?

You or your husband?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by PROPHETmichael: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
He's doing that because you are depending heavily on him and you're probably a house wife. Go and get yourself a well paid job and see the table turn.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by alert01(m): 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
lovelybugs:
My problem is not even the apologizing part....my problem is what stops this situation (or even worse) from repeating itself? And if he's vexing because of ordinary friend said you insulted him what will na happen if his mom says you slapped her
I don't even know what to say cause if you apologize it might keep on repeating itself and getting worse cause his friend will know that your husband will always believe him over you.
I don't like chucking mouth inside family matters cause they are so delicate. This isn't just about you and him, it's also about your kids who didn't ask to be born.
I feel for you.
Anyhow sha, plan for the worse. Hope you get work sha. If your family members are reasonable you can ask for advice from them. Especially your dad, they know how to advice in situations like this best.

I understand that my wife has priority over m friends. But my mom? Why will I hear anyone slap my mom and fold arms? And why will the one I claim to love insult my mom and still expect everything will be the same? The moment she slapped my mom, it means she no longer love me and I'll treat it as such.Call me mummy's pet, I don't care , OK?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by frowland(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nairaland30:

Puxxyasslicker.

Lol, although she's is not a bitch. She's family. You can't say friends over family, can you?
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by TheGreatIYANU: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
Chinnyrita27:
Good day nairalanders. I created this account...

Hello Chinnyrita27

YOU NEED TO PRAY!!!

That evil man had motive in your house that day and God foiled his plans! Your God is strong!

Please my dear sister, this is beyond what you're seeing with your naked eyes. You need to fast and pray for at least three days. The enemy is on your matter, but our ALMIGHTY GOD has already given you victory in Jesus name, AMEN!

Please my sister, PRAY & FAST.

It is either your husband is under demonic manipulation or he has gotten into some nasty sh*t.

Once again Chinnyrita27, PRAY & FAST for you and your family.

If you attend a Bible believing, Jesus believing church, RUN to your Pastor and tell him every.

I declare that the devil has lost his hold over you, your child, your family in Jesus name, AMEN!=

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by frowland(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
[s]
Xaos:
I think you should apologize.

You have to do this not because you are fault but because you are a wise woman who priorities her families happiness over her own ego.

Make peace while it is in your power to make peace.

[/s]

Nonesense. Is she a housemaid to go buy some useless recharge card?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
Too bad!

Meanwhile, if the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT appears on your dashboard, then your engine needs to be checked.

IT'S A WARNING SIGN!

Check why it's on with this WiFi Enabled smart scanner.

Check my signature for contact.

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by sharlley: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
If you apologize, next time the man will come again and demand for sex from you. Be wise

1 Like

Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by sonature1: 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Guest007:
It's a bleeped up situation for real...

Buuuuuut, if you truly love your man, and he is a good man then I'd say take one for the team, go and apologise to his friend as an adult.

Say something like... 'Hey, I really didn't mean to make you uncomfortable in my home*insert reasons for not going shop* I have the upmost respect for you, and I wanted to personally apologise FOR THE WAY I MADE YOU FEEL '

Basically, offer a diplomatic apology.

Let the dust settle down and wait for him to come out of his mood, and one day you could explain how you felt to him.

Here's a thought, would your husband feel comfortable for this man to stay in your house unsupervised

I'm sure you won't be comfortable with that, or are you

Its a tough situation, and you have to learn new skills in communication so let him win the battles while you always win the wars.

I don't think the poster told the entire story.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by Mutemenot(m): 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
I don't buy into this story completely, I believe it's twisted otherwise your husband wouldn't have reacted angrily to that level . Some thing must have happened which Op is not telling us here . The day a child receive beating it's not likely the day he threw away the oil...
But if that be the true story, then you have more to worry about as more 're yet to be unveiled.
If you must apologize, just pick up his phone n put a call to the guy . Just say u 're sorry for what happened. He should forgive u.
Re: My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. by mark2sunny(m): 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Apologize to his friend, make peace with your husband. "There's more to this than meets the eye". You should "stoop to conquer".

There has to be a reason he wants you to leave the house. Probably to plant something. And you have to win your hubby's love to be able to reason with you. Pray for your home. When an evil mission is not accomplished, they get angry.

Again, there's no price too much to keep a good home. Remember @tontolet.

God bless your home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Afam Uzowulu Vandalises Estranged Wife’s Residence Over Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.