Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (62925 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:30am On Aug 17, 2019
There is nothing wrong with being a single mother or marrying one. Different things could lead to a lady becoming a single mother. It could be she lost her husband. She got divorced. Got pregnant out of wedlock and both of them didn't end up getting married. She was raped and got pregnant. So many reasons. That someone has a child for someone and she now a single mum doesn't make her less a human than every other non single ladies. There are so many single mothers who are doing so well for themselves. They don't even need a man to compliment them, financially.

For those talking trash about how they can't marry single mothers and calling them evening newspapers, I hope they can say such of Genevieve Nnaji. She is a single mother. Can any of your single girlfriend measure up to her in any standard?

I am presently dating a single mother and I can say she is the best I have ever been with. If she doesn't tell you that she is a mother, you would never know. She has a 5 year old boy that I love so much. I and the kid are best of friends. Whenever I call her, if I haven't heard the boy's voice or speak to him, I am not done for that day.
I am older to her by 5 years. She is educated and is doing well for herself. Beautiful and well looking. I have dated other single ladies before and I can tell the difference. When we go out, people see as a family. They see the kid as mine because of the way we bond. We are already making plans on settling down together.
So, not all single mothers are a liability. Some are angels.

And for those of you condemning single mothers, remember you have sisters or female cousins or nieces. No one prays for evil occurrence. If God forbids your female family member lost her husband at a very early age or she got divorced. Are you saying she shouldn't remarry because she is a single mother? Or will you call her evening newspaper?

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:
This thread really exposed the hypocrisy in women. Somehow, these women think it is okay to saddle a promising man with a single mom, but refuse to acknowledge the opinion from the male contributors, that single moms and single dads fit themselves perfectly.

Also, dismissing all the challenges that a man will experience dating a single mom with statements like, ''if they love each other'' etc, like really? How does love prevent the baby daddy from showing up and causing trouble? how does love rewire her sexual imprint to her new partner? how will love make the child accept the young man as his father? how will love prevent his innocent actions, such as scolding the child not to be interpreted as hate? How about the risk associated with raising up a kid that will never love you, or see you as a father?

In a romantic context, ''Love'' is the most abused word and a go-to convenience for irresponsible people without any shred of accountability in them. If we turn the table around and ask these women if they will marry a divorced single dad with kids and broke, I can bet my life that they will all flee, and even if they said yes, its virtue-signaling. They won't allow their sons, or brothers to do the same, but somehow, wants to guilt-trip young ambitious men to be with one. The only exemption that I will not be against a young man going for a single mom is if the baby dad is deceased, and even at that, he must have been a responsible man prior to passing away. Her previous partner is the evidence to judge her standards and the life choice she made, which is crucial in determining if she is worthy of a ring.

No man should save any woman. If you mess up with your life, you should bear the consequences that come with it. Special thanks to Ubunja and other contributors for the dose of common sense.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
thirsty niggah spotted
. Jealousy kee you there
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Meta4element(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:
This thread really exposed the hypocrisy in women. Somehow, these women think it is okay to saddle a promising man with a single mom, but refuse to acknowledge the opinion from the male contributors, that single moms and single dads fit themselves perfectly.

Also, dismissing all the challenges that a man will experience dating a single mom with statements like, ''if they love each other'' etc, like really? How does love prevent the baby daddy from showing up and causing trouble? how does love rewire her sexual imprint to her new partner? how will love make the child accept the young man as his father? how will love prevent his innocent actions, such as scolding the child not to be interpreted as hate? How about the risk associated with raising up a kid that will never love you, or see you as a father?

In a romantic context, ''Love'' is the most abused word and a go-to convenience for irresponsible people without any shred of accountability in them. If we turn the table around and ask these women if they will marry a divorced single dad with kids and broke, I can bet my life that they will all flee, and even if they said yes, its virtue-signaling. They won't allow their sons, or brothers to do the same, but somehow, wants to guilt-trip young ambitious men to be with one. The only exemption that I will not be against a young man going for a single mom is if the baby dad is deceased, and even at that, he must have been a responsible man prior to passing away. Her previous partner is the evidence to judge her standards and the life choice she made, which is crucial in determining if she is worthy of a ring.

No man should save any woman. If you mess up with your life, you should bear the consequences that come with it. Special thanks to Ubunja and other contributors for the dose of common sense.

Pasoooooo...Walai senior bro..na your comment I dey look for from Page 1...Oil full your head Nwanne...I always wish am kinda related to you...You really know how real life works..

and for most of you stupid Commenters..Una never see something...Carry a single mom go meet your mama make she clap for you make we see...Idiots who believe in eating Crumbs..seriously why will someone accept to eat Chicken head when you can comfortably afford its Laps?....For me you are nothing but a loser!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by pansophist(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2019
Boss13:

You have spoken like a true experienced woman. Young men should read this comment thoroughly and digest it.

Women want men to put them as first priority but women would always place the men in their lives below other priorities. Young men see how manipulative women are. This is actually the nature of women.

Now why should a man who consider himself to be wise go ahead to elope with a single mother. You are going to be the least of her priorities and only needed for financial support.

Being with a single mother is a dangerous affair. I have read some comments here and I'm surprised. Some are trying to discount the risk and suggesting not all single mothers are the same. How about completely avoiding the risk rather than telling sad tales in the future.

What I know about women is they are smarter than what we think they are. They are manipulative and controlling. A woman would devise several techniques to manipulate a man. Only married men will understand what I'm saying here. When deciding your life, don't attempt it with trial and error, you have to mitigate obvious risk and go for situations with lesser risks. Single mothers are HIGH risks situations which every young man who is aspiring to go far in life should avoid.

Start your family afresh and not lay eggs where there are already existing eggs. Leave that for FOOLS.

And you too have spoken like a true gentleman.

This reminds me of an experiment I did with many of my female friends when I was still in the uni. I asked if they could take a bullet for their husband, and they all said NO straight up. You know, the unthinking and automatic NO, without any forethoughts. It's non-negotiable, they cant. Then I asked if they can take a bullet for their children, and many of them said YES. I asked men the same question, and many of them said yes, but few agreed to do it only if they are married to her. And that revealed something about male and female nature, I learned a lot that day.

Now an experiment for everyone, it takes just less than 10 seconds. to do. try to Google ''lady took a bullet for boyfriend'', you will be shocked that there is not an article about women taking a bullet for their man, surprisingly, google will bring results of thousands of men that have taken a bullet for their lady, and some even killed on the spot. Do you think the movie Titanic will be a hit if it was Rose that sacrificed her life for Jack? Women life are premium before men, and women know this timeless truth.

If a woman cant take a bullet for the father of her child, what makes you think she will do that when you are not the father? a woman can not love a man in the same way men love women. A man in love will provide, protect, and even go farther to sacrifice his life for his family, but women did not evolve to do that. A woman felt loved when she is being taken care of, a man felt loved when a woman gives him the chances to spend his resources on her.

So if a single mum loves you, you should interpret it as a hole in your pocket, to spend and protect her, You are only a means to an end, and if you outlive your usefulness, you will be disposed of. I can only feel sorry for men that go for single mothers.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Samuels90: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2019
You said it all..
In fact you the man.. "which football match starts with 1:0" grin grin...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2019
ubecharles:
. Jealousy kee you there
what do you have that I can be jealous of? Your moniker?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by pansophist(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2019
Meta4element:

Pasoooooo...Walai senior bro..na your comment I dey look for from Page 1...Oil full your head Nwanne...I always wish am kinda related to you...You really know how real life works..

Odogwu, Ngọzi na-adịrị gị (blessings be unto you)

You can always mention me in threads I am yet to see, and I will comment if I have something reasonable to say. I just found out about this thread now. Regards

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:

This reminds me of an experiment I did with many of my female friends when I was still in the uni. I asked if they could take a bullet for their husband, and they all said NO straight up. You know, the unthinking and automatic NO, without any forethoughts. It's non-negotiable, they cant. Then I asked if they can take a bullet for their children, and many of them said YES. I asked men the same, and many of them said yes, but few agreed to do it only if they are married to her. And that revealed something about male and female nature, I learned a lot that day.

Now an experiment for everyone, it takes just less than 10 seconds. to do. try to Google ''lady took a bullet for boyfriend'', you will be shocked that there is not an article about women taking a bullet for their man, surprisingly, google will bring results of thousands of men that have taken a bullet for their lady, and some even killed on the spot. Do you think the movie Titanic will be a hit if it was Rose that sacrificed her life for Jack? Women life are premium before men, and women know this timeless truth.

If a woman cant take a bullet for the father of her child, what makes you think she will do that when you are not the father? a woman can not love a man in the way men love women. A man in love will provide, protect, and even go farther to sacrifice his life for his family, women did not evolve to do that. A woman felt loved when she is being taken care of, a man felt loved when a woman gives him the chances to spend his resources on her. So if a single mum loves you, you should interpret it as a hole in your pocket, to spend and protect, You are only a means to an end, and if you outlive your usefulness, you will be disposed of. It is not a coincidence that the bible never required women to love a man, but always requires men to love a woman, except titus 2.4 where it requires men to teach women how to love. I can only feel sorry for men that go for single mothers.

The phoniest part is that men were not complaining with all these lopsided love then suddenly the women started complaining instead dragging equality and superiority disguised as feminism. As in, men were swallowing the bitter pill fake womens love bestowed on them jejely without crying out loud then the women started rubbing it in calling them fools to their faces on top with feminism.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
what do you have that I can be jealous of? Your moniker?
Lol its like you be warri guy Ubunja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2019
Abesodiq:
Are you saying all single mothers got it wrong the first time? I pray non of your siblings meet the wrong guy!
my young sister did meet a wrong guy and got a baby by him. Guy dropped her like a hot potato. I was ready to help out cause that boy is my blood. Until some loser from her past that still loved her entered her life to play hero. Said loser just wifed her up.

There's no shortage of losers out here.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=pansophist post=81331485]

This reminds me of an experiment I did with many of my female friends when I was still in the uni. I asked if they could take a bullet for their husband, and they all said NO straight up. You know, the unthinking and automatic NO, without any forethoughts. It's non-negotiable, they cant. Then I asked if they can take a bullet for their children, and many of them said YES. I asked men the same, and many of them said yes, but few agreed to do it only if they are married to her. And that revealed something about male and female nature, I learned a lot that day.

If a woman cant take a bullet for the father of her child, what makes you think she will do that when you are not the father? a woman can not love a man in the way men love women. A man in love will provide, protect, and even go farther to sacrifice his life for his family, women did not evolve to do that. A woman felt loved when she is being taken care of, a man felt loved when a woman gives him the chances to spend his resources on her. So if a single mum loves you, you should interpret it as a hole in your pocket, to spend and protect, You are only a means to an end, and if you outlive your usefulness, you will be disposed of. It is not a coincidence that the bible never required women to love a man, but always requires men to love a woman, except titus 2.4 where it requires men to teach women how to love. I can only feel sorry for men that go for single mothers.

[/qu.). A lady walked into my office one day and started telling me how she has being admiring me,falling for me and all that nonsense.I asked her if she knew I'm married and she said yes,then again I asked her why she still wants me knowing fully well that I'm married,she said nothing that she just liked me.She left and I decided to enquire about her only to find out that she is a single mother with 3 kids and only wanted to use me to alleviate there poverty,I weak.Guys should be careful about this people because they are never there for the love rather,its for there own selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:
There is nothing wrong with being a single mother or marrying one. Different things could lead to a lady becoming a single mother. It could be she lost her husband. She got divorced. Got pregnant out of wedlock and both of them didn't end up getting married. She was raped and got pregnant. So many reasons. That someone has a child for someone and she now a single mum doesn't make her less a human than every other non single ladies. There are so many single mothers who are doing so well for themselves. They don't even need a man to compliment them, financially.

For those talking trash about how they can't marry single mothers and calling them evening newspapers, I hope they can say such of Genevieve Nnaji. She is a single mother. Can any of your single girlfriend measure up to her in any standard?

I am presently dating a single mother and I can say she is the best I have ever been with. If she doesn't tell you that she is a mother, you would never know. She has a 5 year old boy that I love so much. I and the kid are best of friends. Whenever I call her, if I haven't heard the boy's voice or speak to him, I am not done for that day.
I am older to her by 5 years. She is educated and is doing well for herself. Beautiful and well looking. I have dated other single ladies before and I can tell the difference. When we go out, people see as a family. They see the kid as mine because of the way we bond. We are already making plans on settling down together.

And for those of you condemning single mothers, remember you have sisters or female cousins or nieces. No one prays for evil occurrence. If God forbids your female family member lost her husband at a very early age or she got divorced. Are you saying she shouldn't remarry because she is a single mother? Or will you call her evening newspaper?
Single mothers are great if they have sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2019
Michellekabod2:
wrong!
Feminist want women to be what they want to be.
They don't diss virgins, because it's not their business what women want to do with their bodies.
Feminist destroy patriarchy not feminity...

don't tell me about the feminist in your head. Go to CNN, BBC, Feministcurrent, Feministing, Jezebel etc and see the shît being said there.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2019
emmaodet:

Ubunja, you are a God sent.
You always amaze me with your replys.
How i really wish i knew you 5-10 years ago.
80-90% of what you do say happened in my relationship.
I am the good/nice guy type but tbh, it really hurts.
How i wish i loved with my head and not my heart and also knowing that the reason why our wives married us is because of what we can provide or finance is really a bitter pill to swallow.
I have never seen a relationship or marriage were a man leaves a woman because she lost her job but have heard hundreds of where females leave, insults, disrespects a man because he lost his job.
It is a harsh world out there and really saddening.
my dear brother the truth hurts so much that's why many guys would rather continue dreaming in fantasyland than wake up and face cold harsh reality.
It's never too late to wake-up tho.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by deavicky(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2019
yazga:
Why are so many men scared to date single mother's?
because single ladies are still many out there looking for us so need for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by AK481(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2019
rychard:

Very lame and childish remark.

I am older, I earn far more than her. I have my own house and comfortable enough to afford a good vacation 6-7 times a year, I have managed to become top 5 in a state sponsored modelling competition.

I have options, but I prefer to remain with someone I love and care about, when you grow older you'll understand. Anyways, what is wrong about single mothers or fathers, its life and its too short to worry about past stuff, last last, we go all die and leave options behind.

Grow up, Child

Be talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2019
Your opinion though.
betterpikinn:

Honestly, only a broke loser with low self-esteem will date a single mother especially the ones that the baby daddy is still alive and healthy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 17, 2019
Na the dating I dey talk.
eni4real:
Dating them is fun.. Marrying them is baggages!!
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Desfixed:
Sure winning check below for details

Fvck you scammers
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
my dear brother the truth hurts so much that's why many guys would rather continue dreaming in fantasyland than wake up and face cold harsh reality.
It's never too late to wake-up tho.
.. Most of the guys here can't wake up even if you pour water on them because they still want validation from the ladies here. Thats the reason they always counter and get angry with your post.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:

the truth will set us all free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2019
princfred:
Single mothers are great if they have sense.
... Lies. No single mother can agree to marry a broke guy because all she is after is your money. How many rich single mother have you seen getting married to a man they are richer than? Guys be wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Most of the guys here can't wake up even if you pour water on them because they still want validation from the ladies here. Thats the reason they always counter and get angry with your post.
then we can't let good losers go to waste.
We gonna impregnate as many women as we can and leave those women so these losers can have a chance to play hero.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

And for those of you condemning single mothers, remember you have sisters or female cousins or nieces. No one prays for evil occurrence. If God forbids your female family member lost her husband at a very early age or she got divorced. Are you saying she shouldn't remarry because she is a single mother? Oor will you call her evening newspaper?

Peace and mind is what matters. Some single mums are very hard-working and ambitious, they don't need a man to take care of them. And they can be really mature to handle issues than naive single girls
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
then we can't let good losers go to waste.
We gonna impregnate as many women as we can and leave those women so these losers can have a chance to play hero.
...The ladies call them. "THE REAL MEN" and the fools are happy in there foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ubunja(m): 11:39am On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
...The ladies call them. "THE REAL MEN" and the fools are happy in there foolishness.
that's the validation they chase. To be pated on the head by women like good little dogs that ran and brought back the stick

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Lies. No single mother can agree to marry a broke guy because all she is after is your money. How many rich single mother have you seen getting married to a man they are richer than? Guys be wise.
Agreed though very few exceptions abound but this is not necessarily a prerogative of single mothers as most single ones play by same rules too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by hopefulLandlord: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2019
inoki247:
Have you ever seen a Football match that starts with 1.0 or 2.0

Or happens in UCL knockout rounds if one team won the first leg 1 or 2-0

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by hopefulLandlord: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Tunkzy:
No one starts a match from 1- 0.....
what If 1-0 ended the first leg?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2019
princfred:
Agreed though very few exceptions abound but this is not necessarily a prerogative of single mothers.
...Well,until you proof me wrong by giving me an example of any. From our celebrities and even those on the street. Meanwhile,Genevieve is rich but have you asked yourself why she has not picked a broke guy and marry?.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by anonimi: 11:45am On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:

Na why you come spoil your better story with Bible quote when there may be sayings in your own culture that demonstrate the same thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

This Lady From Lesotho Wants A Nigerian Man (Photo) / Barrister Proposes To His Woman Through Chafing Dishes (photos) / Epileptic Woman Dies During Sex Romp With Married Man In His Lagos Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.