Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (63078 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
betterpikinn:

If the baby daddy is still alive, then it's a pity that you are dating a wasted cúnt.

Why date a live leftover?

undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

that was what I mentioned as well

Obama was raised by his maternal grandparents

Many here don t seem to get these things

His bio parents divorced when he was two. They could have changed his name to anything and that would have been the name we know today instead of Obama.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
franchasng:
stop castigating him for saying his mind.

So the only reason you grew old and struggled to become financially successful in life is to enable you become mature and rich enough to date and marry a single mother Just listen to yourself.

In as much as we should not discourage guys who feel comfortable dating and marrying single mothers, we must not make it seem like the norm because it is not.

You can still adopt or take care of fatherless children even when married to a single girl without child, so it must not be through marrying a single mother.

Before you marry any single mother ask questions about the father, what happened to the father, it is for your own safety and future; all road is not as straight as they appear to be on sight.

And have you asked yourself why rich single mothers don't date or marry broke or average guys

Have you also asked yourself if that single mother you are dating or married to would have noticed you if you were broke or struggling financially

To them it's about a man to cater for them and their child but to men like you, its all about she is mature, she loves me more than the single girls, says who

I know an igbo man's comment when I read one grin tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

His bio parents divorced when he was two. They could have changed his name to anything and that would have been the name we know today instead of Obama.

mhmm
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Korllami007:

If I scold my children, my wife will never think I hate them. And my children won't disrespect me because someone that's not their father scold them. That's the difference.

No one has answered this question.
If single mothers are truly looking for love, why do single mothers do not marry struggling men or broke men even if their rich?

We all know the answer tho because their looking for someone to take care of them and their childrenbut not because they truly love the new husbands. Let the new man stop taking care of their children then you will see their true color.

in the Nigerian context you have a point.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

.. The guy you just quoted Asked a question but you ignored it.Can you please answer him. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. The guy you just quoted Asked a question but you ignored it.Can you please answer him. Thanks.

I probably glanced over it

I'm reading so so msny comments at the same time

I'll read it and come back to answer

EDIT
If single mothers are truly looking for love, why do single
mothers do not marry struggling men or broke men even
if their rich?

Here in Côte d'Ivoire
one African country with arguably one of the highest single mother rates in Africa (even among "les Musulmans" here quite surprisingl; it's no big deal..

women marry all sorts of men here

I know a single mom of three running her own business who married an English teacher from Bouake

I know another single mother who married an expatriate (Franco Lebanese)

and of course, my doctor with a live in boyfriend (more like man friend, because that man pass boy )

so here its not a big deal like that
there are still men here who won't
but hey, if you want to no one will crucify you

but in Nigeria
because we have monetized relationships and its more of what I can get than i give, making both parties scheming to get the best from the other partner while at the same time give the least, I am not surprised that

1)A good number of single women who are not doing so good financially will want to scheme a young (naive) guy into shouldering her responsibility while giving him next to nothing in terms of value in return
AND

2) the well to do ones will rather not marry or have anything to do with the struggling ones
to them, tho most may be well off, that hustle /poverty /grab /user MENTALITY is still engrained in most of them, it seems to be a 'survival kit" to have in Nigeria cheesy tongue cheesy

she does not want to be "used" in her small mind, and rather want to be the one using.

it's testament to our failed, fvxked societal orientation in Nigeria

when you date women from different parts of the world, you would notice that trait in many naija ladies, when you compare with ladies from elsewhere
that mentality of grab/grab

I hope you get my point sha
if you don't I could still break it down
but really
there us nothing more to break down
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

. Ok. Waiting.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

your comment is the best comment here

opinions differ

Except that dreal1247 missed one crucial part - there are wildly different types of single mothers. So it also depends on the type of single mother u r talking about. Example, there are girls who had a baby too young and the baby is with their parents or family. They are just like any single lady who never had a baby
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

Korllami007 is actually mistaken. What he is saying applies to women in general not just single mothers - they want a good provider
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:

Answer: women in general don't like to marry broke men or struggling men, not just single mothers
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Korllami007 is actually mistaken. What he is saying applies to women in general not just single mothers - they want a good provider

that's true
but she also has to give him value for his emotional and financial investment in her and maybe the kid.
when the single mum is not ready to do that

then it is a problem
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
. Ok. Waiting.
done check the post again
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

EDIT
if their rich?

Here in Côte d'Ivoire
one African country with arguably one of the highest single mother rates in Africa (even among "les Musulmans" here quite surprisingl; it's no big deal..

I know a single mom of three running her own business who married an English teacher from Bouake

and of course, my doctor with a live in boyfriend (more like man friend, because that man pass boy )

but in Nigeria
because we have monetized relationships and its more of what I can get than i give, making both parties scheming to get the best from the other partner while at the same time give the least, I am not surprised that

1)A good number of single women who are not doing so good financially will want to scheme a young (naive) guy into shouldering her responsibility while giving him next to nothing in terms of value in return
AND

2) the well to do ones will rather not marry or have anything to do with the struggling ones
to them, tho most may be well off, that hustle /poverty /grab /user MENTALITY is still engrained in most of them, it seems to be a 'survival kit" to have in Nigeria cheesy tongue cheesy

she does not want to be "used" in her small mind, and rather want to be the one using.

when you date women from different parts of the world, you would notice that trait in many naija ladies, when you compare with ladies from elsewhere

but really

U r in Abidjan? Once stayed there about a week. Thinking of moving there. Speak French?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

that's true
but she also has to give him value for his emotional and financial investment in her and maybe the kid.
when the single mum is not ready to do that

then it is a problem

But he's not talking about that. He was only saying they don't like to marry broke or struggling guys
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

U r in Abidjan? Once stayed there about a week. Thinking of moving there. Speak French?

I spend most of the year here

et oui
je parle français....
il faut parler framçais d'habiter bien ici

as for moving here
Nigerians have been coming here in droves over the last two years
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

But he's not talking about that. He was only saying they don't like to marry broke or struggling guys

Many single women in Nigeria will rather not date or marry a broke or struggling guy
especially an igbo girl

#confam

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ugosample:

Many single women in Nigeria will rather not date or marry a broke or struggling guy
especially an igbo girl

#confam

Bingo! It doesn't apply only to single mothers
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2019
Ugosample:

I spend most of the year here

et oui
je parle français....
il faut parler framçais d'habiter bien ici

as for moving here
Nigerians have been coming here in droves over the last two years

So it's over saturated with Nigerians like everywhere else. I don't know French, which is also why I hesitate
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Answer: women in general don't like to marry broke men or struggling men, not just single mothers
.. Since such is the case,why should a young man full of life with potential neglect all the single ladies scattered everywhere and end up marrying a single mother? If women could be this selfish,doesit mean that men are not wise?.With this your answer,I can comfortably call any young man that settles for a single mother as a fool.Sorry I ve to be a bit harsh.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 12:04am On Aug 18, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Bingo! It doesn't apply only to single mothers
that is what I have been saying since
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 12:07am On Aug 18, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Since such is the case,why should a young man full of life with potential neglect all the single ladies scattered everywhere and end up marrying a single mother? If women could be this selfish,doesit mean that men are not wise?.With this your answer,I can comfortably call any young man that settles for a single mother as a fool.Sorry I ve to be a bit harsh.

A single man who chose not to marty a single winsn did no wrong
he can't deal with what is involved, and its better he took that choice

what i am against is assuming that any man who goes down that road is a punk ass loser, or any other derogatory comment made here

Use your head
if you cannot carry the extra packages
you jaapa

if a man can, let him carry

after all women are raising the kids of there husbands from other women as well
they thought they could handle it

so they are in for it
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2019
PoliteActivist:

So it's over saturated with Nigerians like everywhere else. I don't know French, which is also why I hesitate

well.....

let's just say Nigerians aplenty

as for saturation
that's more like Ghana
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Ugosample:

A single man who chose not to marty a single winsn did no wrong
he can't deal with what is involved, and its better he took that choice

what i am against is assuming that any man who goes down that road is a punk ass loser, or any other derogatory comment made here

Use your head
if you cannot carry the extra packages
you jaapa

if a man can, let him carry

after all women are raising the kids of there husbands from other women as well
they thought they could handle it

so they are in for it
... Good. Thanks anyways. Gud9t bro.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 12:11am On Aug 18, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:

Tiwa Savage is a single mom, so is Linda Ikeji. Will u hesitate marrying either if them? So it's not only women that are attracted to success. There are single mothers whose beauty or behaviour or success more than compensates for their single motherhood
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Good. Thanks anyways. Gud9t bro.

aii
good night
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 12:20am On Aug 18, 2019
Ugosample:

well.....

let's just say Nigerians aplenty

as for saturation
that's more like Ghana

But I don't know French. Does it matter too much
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2019
ALAYORMII:

Because no match starts at 1:0

MY GOODNESS, SEE REPLY.

GUY, U BAD.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 3:54am On Aug 18, 2019
Ugosample:

how many WOMEN in Nigeria opt to marry those beneath them financially

I'm an igbo man
and I am damn sure that the number of igbo women who all marry a man who is struggling wilfully is negligible

that's why our brothers are catching bullets everywhere on earth
and they are bursting their arse in Alaba (for the legit ones)

so it's a women thing IN GENERAL
Yeah that exactly what i'm saying without ruling out exceptions.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by 2buffagain(m): 4:01am On Aug 18, 2019
Liftedhands:
Reading all your comments about this topic. This is the only one I agree with you 100percent.

My childs welfare comes first no argument.

As a single mother "BY CHOICE" legally was married and walked out on my own accord and terms cos I don't won't no manwhore as husband. I pat myself everyday for taking that bold step to leave a serial casanova and I don't regret it one bit.

No single mother became a mother by mistake! No no! She thought it over and made the best and wisest decision to keep a life rather than abort it cos one boy feels he aints ready to take responsibility for his action.

Single mothers have it rough and tough raising kids all alone coupled with society with a mindset as yours.

It's shameful to see and regard them as unworthy of love! No woman who has gone thru the travails of childbirth whether as a wife or a single girl should be shamed for choosing to keep a life.

If you don't fancy them fine but don't discourage a brother who finds love and peace with one with your utterances and belief.

Note we all can't have same taste and choice in whom we love so don't crucify those who choose to love a single mother.

Every child born on this earth deserves the love and care of a father and mother be it step or biologically.

Live and let live

Shalom.

No body is arguing all that.

Single mums should find single dads so both of them can continue their half-match with each other as opposed to unfairly doing half-match with someone who hasn't even started the game.

If that happens, there should be something thrown in to sweeten the deal. E.g like someone else said, you don't find women without children going crazy over a single dad who is broke. He must have something to sweeten the deal.

I don't know why the heck single mums feel they should be exempt from this life equation, because you have vagina? undecided

Every well-adjusted person needs that space to be able to start their own family free of "intruders".
Whatever happens after that is fair game.

The thing is, these things become complex after you now have your own legitimate kids.
There will always be a difference. All this yellow and pink argument means nothing until you really put it down like this: How deep in debt can you go for some other man's kids?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 4:02am On Aug 18, 2019
You have summarised everything well. Its very much a Nigerian women thing and starts far before they even become single mothers hence my previous emphasis on "IF she done get sense" which you duly appropriated in za oza post.

Ugosample:

EDIT
if their rich?

Here in Côte d'Ivoire

but in Nigeria

AND

but really
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by 2buffagain(m): 4:04am On Aug 18, 2019
That is even on the side.
In stupid countries like the US, you can be stuck paying child support for a child that is not yours even after you and the mother split up.
And you don't even have married the mother or legally adopted that child.
Just by enough "fatherly association" with her child, the evil mother can have the government start collecting your money for her.
Look up "paternity by estoppel".
https://www.petrellilaw.com/paternity-by-estoppel-could-you-be-forced-to-pay-child-support-for-your-exs-child/

I simplify my life by not involving myself with other men's children, unless you are willing to make these sacrifices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Groom Shower: Is This The New Trend Among Husbands-To-Be? (Photo) / Guys When They Are Toasting you Vs Guys When You Agree To Date Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.