Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (63131 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by flexindino(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
Fordzzy:
Someone said it's because football match nor dey start with 1:0... grin grin grin

lollllz

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PUSSYWHORE: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
dude!!!!!! Of course I remember this. I thought you were talking about a 3 yr old thread lmfao. Not a recent thread barely a week old.

We didn't notice they banned you. Damn niggaman.

Edit: are you still under a ban? As evidenced by the new moniker?
Yes a week ban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ALAYORMII: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
Bbbwings:

What if it is second leg? cheesy grin

Did the first leg start at 1:0??
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Boss13:

I'm sorry to inform you that most single mothers are struggling financially. When I say most that means 90%. Single mothers are poor because first, women take on jobs in field with lesser pay than men. Then when you include dependencies which are kids, a single mother income would fall proportionately by the amount of mouths to feed and cloth. That's why they need and seek out men for financial support. They don't NEED men for LOVE. This is what young men who prefer single mothers MUST know. A single mother doesn't need you for love or sex. She primarily needs your financial resources. However, she is willingly to succumb to your fetishes to cater for her kids because she is desperate. She is willingly to pretend and act like she loves you so you can continue footing the bill and reduce her financial burden.

Can you provide reference for 90% of single mothers are struggling financially?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
Chukapage:
oga I am speaking my own opinions and sharing it ...I'm not criticizing people or manipulating them . I'm arguing with reasonable people not animals please!

Read through your comments and read this one I quoted again.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Hungarriman: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2019
palmshots:

U Dey mind them.. Abeg which football match starts with 1:0?
Hahaha, Guyyyyyy dn unplug me ooo.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by pimper24: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
rychard:

Whatever you say bro...
Different strokes ,different folks...
I've achieved more with her by my side.

You must really have had a difficult life for you to see relationship only from the sex perspective
I stopped contributing in this forum a long time. Discovered it has so many kids .
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2019
pimper24:

I stopped contributing in this forum a long time. Discovered it has so many kids .

so many shocking comments I read here
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
pansophist:
This thread really exposed the hypocrisy in women. Somehow, these women think it is okay to saddle a promising man with a single mom, but refuse to acknowledge the opinion from the male contributors, that single moms and single dads fit themselves perfectly.

Also, dismissing all the challenges that a man will experience dating a single mom with statements like, ''if they love each other'' etc, like really? How does love prevent the baby daddy from showing up and causing trouble? how does love rewire her sexual imprint to her new partner? how will love make the child accept the young man as his father? how will love prevent his innocent actions, such as scolding the child not to be interpreted as hate? How about the risk associated with raising up a kid that will never love you, or see you as a father?

In a romantic context, ''Love'' is the most abused word and a go-to convenience for irresponsible people without any shred of accountability in them. If we turn the table around and ask these women if they will marry a divorced single dad with kids and broke, I can bet my life that they will all flee, and even if they said yes, its virtue-signaling. They won't allow their sons, or brothers to do the same, but somehow, wants to guilt-trip young ambitious men to be with one. The only exemption that I will not be against a young man going for a single mom is if the baby dad is deceased, and even at that, he must have been a responsible man prior to passing away. Her previous partner is the evidence to judge her standards and the life choice she made, which is crucial in determining if she is worthy of a ring.

No man should save any woman. If you mess up with your life, you should bear the consequences that come with it. Special thanks to Ubunja, boss13, franchasng and other contributors for the dose of common sense.

I'm surprised you are saying this too undecided

Everyone has the right to his own stand

Marrying a single woman is not right or wrong

There are so so many factors one has to consider prior to jumping in any relationship
ESPECIALLY with a single parent

it's perfectly okay for a single man to stay away from single moms
if They can't deal with it, it is fine

but what is fvcked up is people criticizing men who decide to give it a chance after weighing their options
that's wrong, and silly....

the only advice I give young men around me (especially those still in their early 20s ) is to USE THEIR HEAD when it comes to matters like this

that's right
use your head....

weigh in all factors prior to diving into a relationship

dasall.

and yea
Maybe because in CIV single moms get married ALL the time is the reason I'm surprised many Nigerians are talking this way cheesy

even the doctor that treats me has a live in boyfriend even after five kids (she is a single mom)

Well everywhere cannot be the same sha
but in CIV that I know of

it's no big deal

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
princfred:
Single mothers are great if they have sense.

key word = IF

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Lies. No single mother can agree to marry a broke guy because all she is after is your money. How many rich single mother have you seen getting married to a man they are richer than? Guys be wise.

women nature is women nature

The common denominator between a widow, single mum, and a spinster is that they are ALL WOMEN cheesy

Cancel the single mother from that statement

How many rich single women are in relationship with men that are less than them financially IN NIGERIA?

my argument remains that women are women
and it's a risk like I always say

even marrying a punk ass virgin is also a risk
Human beings change and you never know what will happen 15 years going forward

Many folks are just forming macho here cheesy

some of them never see life tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
princfred:
Agreed though very few exceptions abound but this is not necessarily a prerogative of single mothers as most single ones play by same rules too.

how many WOMEN in Nigeria opt to marry those beneath them financially

I'm an igbo man
and I am damn sure that the number of igbo women who all marry a man who is struggling wilfully is negligible

that's why our brothers are catching bullets everywhere on earth
and they are bursting their arse in Alaba (for the legit ones)

so it's a women thing IN GENERAL
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
...Well,until you proof me wrong by giving me an example of any. From our celebrities and even those on the street. Meanwhile,Genevieve is rich but have you asked yourself why she has not picked a broke guy and marry?.

Rita Dominic is single, no kid and is unmarried

so it's not a single mom thing

it's a naija woman thing....

I
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
Psoul:

My brother, you are funny.
U said there is nothing wrong in bn a single mother. There is everything wrong in it. Apart from the silly Western civilization that has tend to erode sound morality, there is nothing good in bn single parent.

If yours comes as an accidental pregnancy, yes u may have learnt ur lesson, but that does not remove the way ppl see that.
If u did urs intentionally,that mean u beliv that u don't really need men in ur life. For this why should the single lady complain of men bn scared of dating or marrying her. Only a no do good man will marry such.

Summarily, it is not our culture to be proud of single motherhood. Morally, it is not upright too. Biblically, it is a sin. Even the Bible said that no illegitimate child shall enter the kingdom of God even to his tenth generation. This is to show u how much God detest single motherhood.

undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
akbahbah:

Guy I'm sorry for you and your naivety. I pray you don't learn in hard way. Many virgins are even worst in marriage than many single mothers who have retraced their steps. If you like, call it loss of self esteem to marry a single mother. Guy go live your life as you want. Experience is the greatest teacher. BUT IF YOU ARE A MAN AND NEVER MARRIED BEFORE, I WON'T ADVICE TO START YOUR LIFE WITH SINGLE MOTHER . That's just my personal opinion.

You have a point
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:

That's why I want a virgin. I will give her experiences that will mould her into the woman I want.

this is the silliest shit I have read this month

it's fine to want a virgin tho ......

nothing wrong with that

but thinking you can mould a woman into what you want tongue tongue

That Is the game women play, not men
our women mould us by trick and other means cheesy cheesy

Anyways when you reach that bridge
your eye go clear tongue
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
AstroG:
As for me,ah can't date single mothers,though ah don't detest them.
Ah just don't fancy myself been with any..

a more logical and balanced stance
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by zinaunreal(m): 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
DonEd:

It's not a must to comment. If u dont know something, be quiet

Jonzer
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
you are just Mr Clean Up.

A woman screws up her life and you come running with that salary and that house and you save her. Smh

Imagine how blessed it would have been to find a chaste virgin who has kept herself pure in this corrupt world and then reward her with that lifestyle.

But because you've such low standards and you don't believe you deserve the best you go find a woman whom you don't even know how she got pregnant, and you reward her.

*spits*

Respect Yourself.

undecided

what kind of comment is this bikonu undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
how hungry for love are you that you have to accept it even from a single mother?

Have standards. You make people with money look stupid

what kinda comment is this bikonu undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by 2buffagain(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, all their step fathers married their single mothers

You are making a case against your point and you just don't know.

For example, with Obama all you hear about his father is "my father was a Kenyan".
And ofcourse you know he is referring to his BIOLOGICAL father. That's who you hear about.
The other guy played clean-up and supported Barack through Havard? I don't even know where he is from.
That's how insignificant he is, and that is how insignificant any side-dad is to that child when he grows up and starts doing things.

The impregnator will always get the fame.
Bet it.

Single mothers should be PAYING men to marry them otherwise the value proposition is waaaaaaay off.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
pcguru1:

Bro I think that's a wrong approach to life mehn, sometimes you meet people who make you happy, I mean I see nothing wrong with a single mother or father as long as they treat you well and with respect. Do we say single ladies should avoid single fathers too ?

you spoke my mind
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
2buffagain:

For example, with Obama all you hear about his father is "my father was a Kenyan".
And ofcourse you know he is referring to his BIOLOGICAL father. That's who you hear about.
The other guy played clean-up and supported Barack through Havard? I don't even know where he is from.
That's how insignificant he is, and that is how insignificant any side-dad is to that child when he grows up and starts doing things.

Bet it.

Single mothers should be PAYING men to marry them otherwise the value proposition is waaaaaaay off.

Obama grew up with his maternal grand parents
and did not know his biological father like knew him

so your point here is not valid

Many many men out there acknowledge their step fathers who raised them as theirs

a case in point is puff daddy adopted son who is his oldest

even after the relationship between puff and his mum went south
he still raised that boy as his own for decades till date

And Puff is as his dad as his biological dad (I don forget his name sef something brown or something)

these things are not cast in stone
there are so many variables in play
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
stop rewarding women who have failed. You're discouraging those women who are making an effort to stay on the straight narrow path.

If you reward hoes everyone will be a hoe.

for good news sakes undecided
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
pcguru1:

Seems it's Hypergamy you are broaching here well you do have a valid point but in this case, I don't have enough info to know if that's the case here because there have been some married people with money marry from lower backgrounds while with kids. It doesn't mean all women with money would behave like that as you mentioned, but then again everything is easier with money so that's even a pointless POV.

You might wanna be careful with those MGTOW Philosophy you are wielding

that's the male version of radical feminism tongue

MGTOW
I check their stuffs on YouTube from time to time

Many are sore losers wounded by their poor choices
tongue
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:

Remembered in passing. In Jesus's adult life how many verses mention him? It's only Mary Mary Mary

U r so wrong. U r probably Chatholic. Only them are Mary-obsessed. How many churches are named St. Joseph? Whenever there is a painting or sculpture of the holy family isn't Joseph the biggest? Didn't Jesus become a carpenter? Also u chose the wrong person to be arguing - Joseph was Jesus' ONLY earthly father from birth.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
madridsta007:

Aren’t men entitled to their choices— like all human beings?

Why are you trying to demonise men as “scared” for making a love-choice in avoiding single mothers? Is it just women that are entitled to choices?

this thread has men demonizing other men for being with single moms

what you gotta say about that?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by PoliteActivist: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
2buffagain:

Bet it.

U r sooooo wrong. U gambled I don't know Obama's bio. Well, u lost. Obama was raised by his maternal grandparents and not his step father. He was two when his bio parents divorced. The only reason Obama's bio father is remembered is because his mother and grands chose not to change his name - which was what happened with Ford and Clinton (both of whom u craftily did not mention)
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
this is a relative question Op.

I can marry a single mother but on conditions

* there won't be any secret communication between her and her baby daddy*

*she will pack her loads immediately I caught her cheating on me either with her baby daddy or with another man

*she will be engaged with something

*the child must be 3years above

if there are single mom in the house, don't be ashamed of yourself, we are all one way or the other victim of circumstances but in different situation

single mom ready to mingle can DM me

these conditions are more like it
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
PoliteActivist:

U r sooooo wrong. U gambled I don't know Obama's bio. Well, u lost. Obama was raised by his maternal grandparents and not his step father. The only reason Obama's bio father is remembered is because his mother and grands chose not to change his name - which was what happened with Ford and Clinton (both of whom u craftily did not mention

that was what I mentioned as well

Obama was raised by his maternal grandparents

Many here don t seem to get these things
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
Dreal1247:

Individual opinions differ. This is a forum comprising people from different background. Everybody is commenting from his or her own perspective, background, understanding, experience, known and conclusion. For this reason, the best thing to do is to read and learn from other people's points of view. Nobody has the monopoly of knowledge.

IN DELLTA, IT MAY BE ADVANTAGEOOS TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER FOR MARRIAGE, WHILE IN IGBOLAND, IT IS A SIGN THAT YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR MARRIAGE, UNLESS SHE IS WIDOWED.

your comment is the best comment here

opinions differ
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
1StopRudeness:

because a person is a single mother doesn't make her of good character either, she might have even got rid of many like the other ladies and decided to keep the one you seeing now...there's no fast rules to any of these things...single mother drama usually exist ....guys don't like it ....if u can avoid it and marry a single lady like you..it's better......
Why even pick a person with a child or even children when u have endless of picks of single ladies,,,,for crying out loud this is even unfair on ladies who have not had any chance to even have boyfriend, let alone have sex

what kind of comment is this below bikonu? undecided

Why even pick a person with a child or even children when u have endless of picks of single ladies,,,,for crying out loud this is even unfair on ladies who have not had any chance to even have boyfriend, let alone have sex

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Date A Man That Is Shorter Than You? / Whoever Tells You Women Don't Like Fine Boys Is A Joker / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.