Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. (35042 Views)

Po*n And Mastu*bation Is Taking My Life Away. / One Hand Is Working To Bring Money, The Other Hand Is Taking The Money (Pix) / 'Nigeria Shakira' Blasted For Promoting 'Half Caste Cream' By Dancing In Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by frank417: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lol after una don knack finish una con dey reason osu caste grin
My guy any curse wey una suppose kari for d marriage una don already kari all. Just marry and continue d knacking dey go grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by spiritedtete: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Move on please.... you cant be against your whole family... You cant rule out Tradition in marriages... it goes along way into generations.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Na
Okay, can I pm you?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Pearlspar: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
What a pity.

www.well-looking.com

We are your personal hair makers. We offer one to one service.

All our wigs are produced on order and it belongs to you alone.

Tell us the hair and we'll make it for you. The most amazing thing is that you can order for just a piece and it will be delivered. Worldwide delivery is available.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Mexyz(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jombom:
Pls provide me with her phone # if she's truly interested in a serious n sincere relationship that can lead to marriage. I am Yoruba Osu matter no concern me, in fact God punish the system self.
Somebody give this guy a chilled bottle of Chapman...

6 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
samuelchimmy:
my community in the east has discontinued this traditional, officially last year December..... Everyone agreed, infact we had the first community funded marriage between an osu and an amadi
Where precisely bro

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Ewedegubbler: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
If u try that in my community in Anambra you will see fire.. wetin be osu?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
I want her, Is she's cool with a short guy? Quote me back and we can chat on Whatapp
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by madridsta007(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
madridsta007:

I hope you would take the pragmatic and logical decision and not the emotive decision.
We can only talk and pretend about so many things. As Igbos what happens online isn't the reality off-line.

Marrying her means that you will not (1) Recieve the parental blessings that come with marriage when ones parents are alive (2) Dishonour your parents (3) An excommunication between you and your entire family (4) will lead to children whom the community will ostracise as "Osu". Marriage goes beyond the euphoria and excitement of the single day of wedding; you will still have to deal with your family, community, kinsmen, clan, etc. For all the days of your life.

Not marrying her will mean, (1) Heartbreak for both of you and, if managed properly will mean (2) both of you will STILL get married to other partners and families which are in the same religious and community ideology as your families.

This is just the simple analysis.

In the end, she gets married to someone/ a family that accepts her and in the end, you get married to someone your family accepts. You are Igbo. You should know that beyond what is romanticised online, family and family acceptance is a big, big, big thing. Unless you want to pretend to yourself. The Osu Caste system should be abolished, yes. But it hasn't, at least across Igbo-land. It has repercussions that love can't solve. Hence it is important that you use your head to make decisions. Not your heart.

All the best Bro.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by sexiestharam(f): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
k

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by femzab: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Four years ago, I attended a wonderful marriage at ngwo, enugu. They are blessed with two kids now and enjoying their union. The guy family said no because the girl is an OSU (an outcast) and not a single member of the family attended the wedding. Today, the parent have accepted their daughter in law.
Bros it is your decision, let her go if she is not worth fighting for.
Infact for the fact that you are already thinking of the way to break up with her show that you don't deserve her love. Tell her and let her go.
After you will claim you are a Christian yet you are ruled by barbaric tradition.
How dare someone tell me I cannot marry who I want. They should be ready to lose me as a son.
Create history. Become a rally point for the change that must happen.

15 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by madridsta007(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by nkemdi89(f): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please free the girl, she knows she is an osu but she decide to hide it from you, don't even think of changing an agelong tradition. Marriage is beyond couples, but the families, and both of you will get over it anytime soon.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Starpro87(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
If Obama's daughters were Osu and they're of Nigeria origin, many would downplay it and hook them up for marriage. Believe me, no devil could stop their success. osu IS A STATE OF MIND that you can fight. You can back out if your tradition supersedes the God you believe in.

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Mexyz(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
Over 6 wetin?
Kilode
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Xisnin(m): 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

No matter how to attach the Western individualistic lifestyle, it must definitely come down to the traditional formalities. Like one Igbo proverb says, "Ofu onye anaghi alu nwanyi" (One person doesn't go to ask for a girl's hand in marriage). Even the girl's family must definitely ask questions about my people. The funniest thing about this whole issue is that you don't DARE mention such stigmatization to their hearing. They are liable to fight, destroy, kill and maim because of it. This is an issue I need not throw caution to the wind.
You have already decided to leave her.
Then why the thread?

4 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Idzitari1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nonsense tradition, bro if actually this so call stupid osu thing is still in existence nd the government once said the abolish it, a word of advice if u trully luv this girl involve an NGO that fight against it. I guess u can do anything to save ur luv but if u can't I be KD osu we marry anything wih a V, Lol
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by SoNature(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

The idea of coming from the same LGA makes it more vulnerable for elders to go make inquiries themselves. Nothing is gonna stop them from doing that. It's called "Iju ajuju" (Asking Questions) in my community. Which they'll in turn send out people to go do the needful with or without my parent's consent. I'm really in the middle of the devil and deep blue sea.

Na Imo people dey carry that thing for head pass...so annoying.

My mother is already telling places I should neevr marry from in the same Imo State.

What is wrong with our people?

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by mysteryman2014: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
U dey sell yourself ni.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Malawian(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
J111333:
I'm Anambra and I don't give a damn about any osu bullshit. Let me see a girl I like first, heavens can fall for all I care. If any Umunna person wants to stop the wedding because my girl is an outcast, let him board United Airlines and come over here. Nonsense

Ps: If that girl is as good as you claim especially the part of giving one peace of mind, give me her contact let me take her straight to momma.
Osu my black ass. undecided
Is there even Osu caste in All of Anambra State? I don't think Osu would have deterred an Anambra person. We just dont believe in it.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by samuelchimmy(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Where precisely bro
ozalla

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by dalongjnr: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Even in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot and his household were saved, so why are you worried about the label of men on Mankind been created by God?
I Read your post with interest and I tell u that your girlfriend is redeemed through the Blood sheds on the cross by our Father in heaven.
Since the Jews and gentiles,circumcised an uncircumcised are equal before the Lord, I believe as a Christian, that your girl is free from the wrath of the atrocities committed by her grand/great grand parents.
Can you judge me based on the sins of my parents? No! So is her. Pray for grace and God's direction pertaining marriage and all facets of life.
Shallom,bro.

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
samuelchimmy:
ozalla
Ah...okay
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Okay, can I pm you?
Ok
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by madenigga(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
If u love her marry her and damn all consequences
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by huptin(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

Bros to see good girl now hen, e hard pass further mathematics... You have one, you are talking of OSU..God punish OSU.

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Ficeo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Its a pathetic one. You need your parents blessings before you enter into any marriage. Whatever your parents ask you to do, do it. They are your second God. After all, the bible said we should marry our agwuru. If they say NO to OSU! Say NO to it. Beautiful ones are not yet born. Good luck.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Ok
I'm single and searching wink
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Turantula(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
One of the problems I pray to confront me. Very prevalent in my community, but I don't give a F**k

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Efenaira(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma. if you’re man enough face them, but if you’re not back out , don’t go and put peoples daughter in crying mood everyday.

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by bpalace(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
you shd be talking to me bro... is she Igbo? bless me with this beauty pls
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ujluv(f): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / Why Are Women This Wicked....true Story / Arabs - The Most Beautiful Women On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.